𝐄𝐳𝐫𝐚

By chill_pill_all_day

Anophthalmia • a child born without one or two eyes ° I got up and took few steps until I was right in front... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
AESTHETICS
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER 8

6.8K 318 54
By chill_pill_all_day

The wedding day

Hazel

I don't want this wedding.

I don't want him.

He is a womanizer. I could never have children with him. I could never touch him intimately. I despise him.

But if I'm angry, why am I crying? The frustration is too big and I want to blow up our house and ran away. But that's not an option.

I could never hide anywhere. They would find me in a matter of three days. And I don't want to spend my life running and hiding. I always had to accept my fate.

''Hazel dear, are you done with the showering? We need to get you ready.'' I heard my mom's soft voice and decided that I should get up.

My face was puffy and my eyes were red. I washed my face with cold water and put a damp towel on my eyes to suppress a sting.

''I'm ready, mom,'' I said.

I opened the door and looked at my mom who was talking on the phone. She saw me and smiled before ending the call.

''You look fresh. Makeup artists will come now. Go sit at your vanity table.'' She said and I listened.

''I hired the most professional makeup artists that are working for popular brands. You will look marvelous, baby.'' She said and kissed the crown of my head.

''Momma loves you, sweetheart. Even if I don't show that often.'' She said. My eyes watered and I turned around to hug her.

''I know, mom. I love you too.'' She chuckled and tightened the hold on me. I understood that we rarely had moments like that, but I loved every bit of it.

There was a knock on the door and two girls and a man entered. They had makeup bags in each hand. I greeted them as they set everything on my vanity table.

''The bride looks ready to start.'' The older one said.

''I guess I am.'' I smiled a little.

''Jeremy will do the hair. Nicol will take care of your nails and I will do your makeup look. My name is Jessica.'' She instructed and introduced herself.

''Thank you for coming here,'' I said. My mom squeezed my shoulders gently and left the room to leave them working.

I imagined myself getting makeup for some random event and not my wedding day. But I failed and it made me nervous. I wanted to dig a hole and hide in it.

''Your eyes are a bit puffy, darling. Have you been crying?'' Jessica asked.

''I had a moment with my mom earlier,'' I said.

''That's totally understandable. I remember when I was getting married. I wasn't feeling that happy too but I loved my husband. Don't worry. It's your wedding and you can do whatever you want or feel however you want. It's your day today.'' She said and it made a tad bit better.

Even if I didn't love Ezra, I wanted to feel how I decided it. I at least wanted my emotions to be free. Ezra had his freedom but why couldn't I? It tormented me.

Ezra

I want it.

I want this wedding.

I know she doesn't like me but I do. We don't have freedom of choice, I'm aware of that but at least I want to make her happy. Because she makes me happy when I see her face only or when she insults me. I know that my excitement talks through me but I can't help it.

It makes me special. This day revolves around me and her. We are sharing words that will bound us forever. There is no going back.

I checked myself in the mirror and decided that I was ready. I didn't have a hairstylist because I would have to move my eye patch. Nobody ever saw me without it except my father and brother. I removed it while I was sleeping only to be more comfortable.

I was fixing my hair for more than an hour trying to decide on which side should I put it on. I had naturally curly hair but I was always straightening it because my father told me I looked like a boy, unlike some serious man. It has stuck with me ever since.

''Are you ready? I've been waiting for half an hour.'' Sebastian said impatiently. I chuckled and removed my gaze from the mirror.

''Do I look handsome? Will she like me?'' I asked unsurely. He huffed.

''You look handsome, brother. And does it matter if she likes you? You like how you look and that's important. Now let's go.'' He said and pulled me by my elbow. I chuckled at his words. I didn't quite believe him. Her opinion mattered to me. More than it should.

''I'm nervous a bit. Do you think she is nervous too? What if she runs away?'' I asked.

''No one would run away. You need to calm down and believe that everything is going to be alright. We just need to say 'I do'. Put a ring on her finger and done. Don't overcomplicate it.'' Sebastian explained. He was right. I just answer on minister's words and put a ring on her finger. Simple.

We entered our black car and the driver started it. Sebastian was my best man and it was the best decision I could make.

We reached the church and saw my father waiting for us. He gave me a harsh look as I bowed my head down.

''I apologize for being late.''

''Be happy that guests are still calm or you would pay your consequences. Now, look presentable and go stand by the altar.'' He hissed as I nodded.

I and Sebastian entered the church and people turned around. I walked to the altar looking confident but inside I was crumbling. The priest was waiting behind the altar and gave me that fatherly smile. I couldn't help but smile back.

The music started playing and I knew what was happening. She arrived. Just when I thought that I looked up to see her and her father coming closer.

My breath was taken away.

Her wedding gown that accentuated her figure, gave her an amazing glow. Her makeup was light, looking almost natural as thick black lashes brought out her hazel eyes more. She looked amazing and I had that proud feeling to call her my wife even when I wasn't so handsome for her.

Her father put her hand in mine and curtly nodded to me as if telling me to take care of her.

The ceremony started but I was like a lost boy just looking at one person whole the time. She mesmerized me.

She didn't look at me, but that's okay. I had a horrible hairstyle. I knew I should make it look more professional.

''Do you, Ezra, take Hazel as your lawfully wedded wife?'' The priest said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

''I do,'' I answered.

''Do you, Hazel, take Ezra as your lawfully wedded husband?''

A silence.

She didn't look at me nor anyone. I glanced at my father to see him glaring in our direction. I squeezed her hand gently as fear coursed through my veins.

''I do.'' She said and I sighed in relief.

''I pronounce you as husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.'' My cheeks flamed but I lifted her chin. Her eyes met mine and I noticed they were glossy. Tears were almost spilling out and I felt my heart squeeze painfully.

I kissed her forehead quickly and let it go. I didn't want my first kiss to be like this. She was almost crying and I realized how much pressure she bore. I was a man and since childhood, mom taught me how to be brave and protect the woman I loved.

But she was fragile. And that's why I had to bear everything. I needed to be strong for her.

I tuned out the clapping and everything and just focused on moving forward with my wife. Wife. What a nice feeling.

''Let's go,'' I said and she nodded. I knew that tomorrow she will be herself again but I will give her my support today. She needs it.

A/N

Thank you for voting and commenting.
I didn't want to write full ceremony because I found it boring. But hope you liked this chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 178 24
A story of love and hate and well...multiple disasters..Read on to find out😉 Excerpt: He took me to a dark lane through a passage between two dilapi...
171K 3.1K 22
"Don't call me anything but Jade!" I scowled. "And what happens if I don't?" He took a step forward making me feel smaller in seconds. "I-i..." "Rig...
64.1K 1.1K 39
"You can't avoid me forever Lara" I chuckled "I'm ignoring you, you idiot" "Is it?" he slowly came towards me and pressed my body with his. Now I'm c...
178K 6.2K 29
" Hazel, you're not just some girl to me... I have no idea how you could think that and it hurts." I looked at him, tears streaming down my face. " H...