Retreat into Darkness

By helswrites

#1 in sword fighting #3 in darkforest #7 in weapons #12 in gory #25 in mysterious (THIS BOOK HAS MANY GRAMMA... More

Don't go into the Darkness
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Welcome the Darkness
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60

Chapter 22

4.8K 149 324
By helswrites

Caspian Alaband

Allaura didn't lie when she said the Fay were hunting us. I could hear their footsteps in the distance beyond the trees.
And there were much more than three.

I could make up the exact amount, but it was safe to say they didn't come back alone.

Allaura rode beside me. Cradling her left arm in her lap. I wish I could stop and treat her, but we can't risk it. She's in pain and I wish I could take it away.

I squeeze the side of my horse and force it to go faster, Allaura follows right behind me.

Their footsteps sound closer, and they keep getting closer.

How the hell are they keeping up with us.

"They're right on our tail." I can't help but snarl. "Do you have any clue how far away we are from training ground?" She asks. "Roughly three hours. But they keep getting closer."

She looks panicked now. She's weakened, her arm is injured so she can't handle two of her dagger, let alone use her left hand at all.

The faster we go, the faster their footsteps get. They won't stop hunting us.
And now they heal. And who was this 'her' the fay man was talking about.

There is the winter lord, the training master; Aleksandr, and my queen; Lady Diona. So I'm guessing there must be a new lady trying to take charge. And whoever she was, she was strong.

The footsteps start to fade from behind us. Getting quieter and quieter. Allaura sighs in relief and I can't help but follow her action.
It would have been bad if we got caught.

"Will you be able to stay up straight?" I ask her.

Small trickles of blood cover her armour and drip onto her upper thigh and the side of her horse.
She's pale. She licks her white lips. "I'll be fine." She chuckles out. But I can tell she's in pain.
So I don't think. I stop my horse and she does the same. "Hop off, being the reign of your horse and tie it to mine, then come here." I say in command.
"No it's fine-" she starts but I cut her off dominating the conversation. "I said, come here." Her eyes slightly widen at my change of tone but she slides off her horse and groans at the pain it brings to her oozing arm. She brings her horse to mine and ties the reigns together.

I put my hand out and she grasps it before I pull her body and place it in front of mine. I squeeze my horse and pay Bastian so they both ride together.

Allaura's back slides to my front and she chuckles. "Look at that. Another sense of deja vu Cas." I can't help but tense at the name. Nobody has ever called me anything other than Caspian so it's new to me.

But I don't seem to hate it.

I don't reply but carry on forward and pick up the pace. Allaura's hair has grown so it's now longer than her shoulder blades.

I can't help but think back to the time she cut my own hair. The way her hands went through it, the way she dominantly moved my head to wherever she wanted. The way she brushed off the small hair from my face.
I liked it.

And I can't help but feel slightly disgusted with myself. I feel this way for a human.

I grew up learning humans were disgusting and cruel. I learned that they were ruthless and despised our kind. So I grew up and learned to hate them.

When I saw Allaura running through the woods, with fear written all over her face, I was slightly shocked. I didn't know humans could feel fear. But I grabbed her anyways and took her to Lady Diona.
When she announced I was to train her. I was royally pissed. To train a human meant spend time with them.

And the night, when we both found out we were to share a room with one bed. I wanted to rip everything off that bed and rip it to shreds. But I kept silent and made myself keep emotionless.

And then she offered for me to sleep in the bed. Telling me that if I don't, I'll die from the cold.
I was stunned, I didn't know humans could show kindness. And when she taunted me, I went to sleep in the same bed. . . with a human.

She showed me many different things, she has shown me that humans can be kind, and that they do most certainly have emotion.

When she cried for her friend. When they both cried for eachother. It stunned me. Everything she does stuns me.

But I don't regret meeting her.

I stunned myself when I brushed those hairs off her own face. I stunned myself when I held her hand while she cried. But it felt so right.

I didn't lie to her when I said she was the human in me. She warmed my cold heart and now my blood runs warm because she cracked the ice.

I was lied to. It wasn't the humans that were cruel and ruthless. It wasn't the humans who were unkind. But it was our kind, my kind.

And I can't help but feel disgusted in myself.

£

"Aura wake up, we're here."

Her eyes slowly open and then widen when she sees Aleksandr's office.
She rushes to get off the horse but I grip her hip to stop her. She grows tense when I squeeze and I quickly retract my hand. "I'll get off first." I say while dismounting.
I grip her waist and her hands go to my shoulder, wincing at the pain from her shoulder.
I grit my teeth and carefully pull her off the horse.
My hands stay planted on her waist, before I slap myself mentally and let go.

Horny bastard.

She goes to run off but I once again stop her. "Not yet. We fix up your shoulder and then you can start with reunions." She sadly nods her head but follows me to Alek's office.

He sits on his desk with his fit crossed in front of him. His eyes narrow once he sees us. "Where the hell have you guys been." He snarls but goes tense once he sees Allaura's state.
"We can discuss what happened once i've treated Allaura. She's a second to passing out." I tell him. Aleksandr's eyes pierce through mine, promising to punish me for not protecting her.

She looks between both me and Alek's stare before slightly tugging my arm towards the door.
I take my eyes off Aleksandr and follow Allaura to our room.

"It looked like you two were ready to kill each other." Allaura jokes. But her laughing stops when she realizes I don't join in.

The walk to our room was fast. I've already told Allaura to sit on the bed so I can grab the right material.
Once I have everything I need, I enter the room again to see Allaura patiently waiting for me on the bed.

I lay the materials beside her legs and squat in between her thighs.
The arrow is covered in her red blood and the sharp end slightly digs under her breast.

"Lift up your arm." I instruct.
She groans and lifts up her arm. I don't give her a count down, I yank the remainder of the arrow out of her arm.

She screams at the sudden pain and her eyes gloss over, but the tears are gone after a blink.
Good girl.

I press a cloth on the wound that now leaks fresh warm blood.

"Why the hell didn't you warn me or something." She mutters. "The faster the better." Is all I say.

I continue to press the cloth onto the wound and stay there until it clots.

I use a new white cloth and place it on her arm, wrapping my hand around her small arm, I use my energy to heal her. It's not the strongest magic, but it heals open wounds.

She sighs in content at the warmth that spreads throughout her arm.

I wrap and tie the cloth around her arm and give her a tea that i've made. "Drink up. It will speed the process of healing." She takes the mug from my hands. "Did you make this?" She asks. "Yes." She smiles at my answer and takes a large sip before her eyes go wide. "This—this is the best tea i've had in my entire life." She exclaims excitedly.
I shake my head, looking away while I have a faint smile dancing along my face.

"You're always healing me." She pouts. "It's embarrassing." Her cheeks flush red and she continues to drink my tea.

"Aura, I will always be here to heal you and care for you. No need to be embarrassed by it." I slightly tease.
She nudges my shoulder and laughs behind the brim of the cup.

A few moments later she finishes the cup of tea and pleads that we go check on her friends.

So I tell her to lead the way.

                                        £

The moment Dominic spotted Allaura, he dragged her friend Katlynne behind him and they both ran into her arms.

Katlynne sees me from behind Allaura's shoulder and smiles. She usually eyes me weirdly and I can't help but feel uncomfortable when she does it.

Dominic insist's for Allaura to tell them what happened.
She looks behind her shoulder to me and I give her a single nod and walk back to Alek's office.

I know he'll think it's my fault she got hurt, and maybe it was, because even I wish I was the one who got hit with the arrow.

"I give you one order Caspian. One order." Is the first thing Alek says when I walk through his doors.

I don't speak, I let him finish his rant. "I thought you guys could have died. You were away for at least three days. And you guys come back with an arrow protruding out of allaura's fucking arm. What the hell happened, explain."

Alek paces back and fourth through the room, clearly stressed. "We went to the location you sent us to. There were four Fay, one male, the other three female." Alek nods his head, allowing me to continue. "That's not all." His eyes narrow. "They healed. Our knives did nothing to them. We were only able to kill them if we chopped of their head, so we decided to run. We were able to make it to the border and stayed for two days or so before we tried running to get back to our horses. While we ran, the Nora tribe found us." Alek's eyes widen slightly in surprise. "We tried dodging all the arrows but Allaura got distracted at it hit her. We found the horses and rode back here. That's all that happened."

Alek pursued his lips and nods as if he's thinking about something. "I'm glad you both are safe. I'm not happy about Allaura's arm, but you aren't to blame. And the Fay healing. . . That's very very new." He says in confusion. "I've never seen or heard anything like it." He starts but I cut him off. "They referred to a female giving them access to this healing." His head snaps to mine at my words. "A female? There isn't any powerful female, or queen out there trying to do evil."

We're both now thinking of who could be out there giving the Fay these powers. What else is this mysterious women going to do with them?

"All that matter is that you're safe." Alek says.

I shake my head at him. "Not quiet yet. The Fay still hunt us." His eyes widen at my next words.

"They call Allaura the Fay killer."

                                       £

BAISNDKS fay killing bitch is more like it

VOTE AND THANK YOU FOR 2k READS <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.7K 4.2K 70
(Completed) Two assassins were set to kill a girl. No questions asked. Just kill her and claim their prize. That was their mission. Except one of the...
1.2M 48.6K 46
"As I laid on the filthy mat, my white hair fanning out like a halo around my head, I felt that ice inside of me fester. It grew and spread until it...
1.4K 3 47
I have always been a hopeless romantic, always daydreaming of my prince charming to come, sweep me off my feet and we would ride off into the sunset...
1.7K 496 17
🏆Round 2 Qualifier🏆 Princess Aurelia, better known to her friends as Aure, has led a comfortable life in the kingdom of Geldery for as long as she...