falling for the boy with sapp...

Por SnowQueen221B

Jeanette is a normal girl in school who nobody notices. She falls for the biggest jerk in school, only becaus... Más

Chapter 1: Jeanette
Chapter 2
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5:
Chapter 6:
Chapter 7:
Chapter 8:
V-DAY!!
Chapter 9:
Chapter 10: being saved
Chapter 11: saving a life
Author's note:
Chapter 13:
Chapter 14: Nope.
Chapter 15:
Chapter 16: friends and heartbreaks
Chapter 17: back to school and breakups
Chapter 18: I'm sorry

Chapter 12: I'm sorry

262 14 10
Por SnowQueen221B

A/N: hey people! I'm happy to say that I'm feeling better, and when I feel better I get creative, so I wrote you guys a chapter! Also yay I'm having a feels day so this will most probably make you squeal.

Jeanette:

The first thing I saw when I woke up was my mom putting me in a bed. I felt so safe and warm. "Mom?" I asked and she gave me a relieved hug. "Oh sweetie, you're awake!" She cried. "Uh... Remind me what happened again?" I asked and her eyes widened.

"A boy brought you home and you were unconcious. He said you nearly drowned." She told me and all the memories came flooding back. Ohhhh no oh no oh no oh no.

"I think his name was... Zane, or something..." She scrunched up her nose in attempting to remember. "Zack." I helped her. "Yeah, yes! Zack! That was his name."

"He- he helped me?" I was a bit shocked that he actually wanted to help me. He went through the trouble of carrying me home on his scooter, taking me to my place... Oh my gosh he knows where I'm staying?

Suddenly I felt a pang of guilt. He helped me even though I kept pushing him away. He didn't hesitate to go into the ocean to drag me out.

I was torn between apologising and settling it as even. I sucked it up and decided to go do what's right and say I'm sorry. I looked outside and saw it was nearly sunset, and my mom was done nursing me.

I pulled on my track shoes and ran for the beach as fast as I could. When I arrived, I scanned the beach and looked for a boy with dark hair.

I spotted him, sitting on the sand with his muscular legs in front of him and his long arms loosely clinging each other and hugging his knees. The colour of the setting sun gently outlined his face with a golden orange edge.

His mouth was in a neutral position but his eyes were twisted as if something was bothering him. He was sad. The guilt was starting to itch. I slowly made my way towards him, making sure he didn't see me.

I confidently planted myself onto the sand next to him. He looked at me and I could tell he was surprised. I wanted to start the conversation with 'why did you save me?' Or 'how come you keep finding me?'

But then I saw his face. It was that of a guilty child who knows he's about to get scolded, and that softened me. The approach I planned was out of the window, and so I said the only thing I could think of saying with my blank mind.

"Hi."

To my surprise, he smiled and replied with "Hey."

After two awkwardly silent minutes, I had enough courage to speak without sounding like a whale on helium.

I sighed. "Look. I realised that I was kind of a bitch to you, even though you saved me. I... I want to say that I'm sorry." I said in a soft voice.

"Don't mention it. I saw that you were drowning and I followed my instincts." He replied.

"No, I... I was really mean, and too darn stubborn to accept the fact that you risked your life to save mine. I gave you hell and you kept helping me. I want to show you my gratitude, so I'll have to reward you in some way." I said and he started protesting.

"No no, there's really no need..." He stopped his sentence dead after I leaned in and softly kissed his cheek.

As my lips touched the surface I felt a tiny spark, shooting from my lips through my heart and settling into my stomach, giving me a warm feeling but activating the familiar nervous butterflies.

His eyes widened and his pupils dilhated, even though he was looking in the direction of the setting sun. His face was frozen in shock.

I smirked at him and turned my head to look at the sun, which was currently touching the horison, causing the sky surrounding it to show off a bright orange light.

Through the corner of my eye I saw him touch his cheek. Both my angry palms and both my sorry lips have touched that cheek. His lips slowly curled into a goofy yet adorable smile.

"I just realised that I forgot to say something..." I said, still looking away, but inching closer.

"Mm?" He hummed in response, the goofy grin still sitting on his face. I was right next to him now and I rested my head on his shoulder. He seemed surprised at first but didn't yank back.

"Thank you." That was all I said, and that was all that was needed to be said. I could feel his smile even though I wasn't looking at him. Soon he rested his head on top of mine, letting me feel the comfort of the curve of his neck.

Suddenly, I felt him slowly putting his arm around me, and I was having split-second inner debates. It was in that moment when I wanted to forget all that he had done to hurt me.

When I wanted to forget the past and just live in the present. So that's what I did. 'Screw it.' I thought and welcomed his strong arm around my waist.

Soon the sun disappeared below the horison and it was time to head back to the cabins. He let me ride on the back of his scooter. I had my arms snaked around his waist, and we were talking about the randomest of things, from Jurassic Park to whether penguins have knees.

He dropped me off behind the cabin and I arrived home with everyone sleeping. I quietly got myself some leftover pasta and ate outside. After hearing a rustle of grass I retreated back into the cabin, suspecting it either being Electra or a snake.

I put on my PJ's, and I was about to climb into bed when I heard my favourite song and checked my ringing phone. 'wow. Thirty missed calls.' I thought and picked up.

"Hello?"

"JAY JAY! Why the heck weren't you picking up?! I thought we had a protocol!" I heard Ashleigh yell into the phone, causing me to yank my head away from the noise.

"Shhhh! Ash, shut up my parents are sleeping! Hold on let me just... Yeah- Give me a second." I hissed over her complaints.

I put on some bunny slippers and stepped outside. "Okay, okay, Ash if you could quiet down for a bit and just... Fine hold on I have to get further away." I kept saying and ran for the lobbey, the only place in camp where I could see what I was stepping on at night.

"Okay Ash... Ashleigh there is an end call button and I will use it unless you shut your pie hole!" I lost it and yelled into the phone, shushing her immediately. "Gosh! What time is it?" I said, rubbing my eyes.

"Well, here in London it's two past noon. Why do you sound so sleepy?" She asked as if she wasn't yelling five seconds ago. "Umm... My sources tell me that where I'm now, it's bed time." I said almost frustrated.

"... Okay then. Anyways, back to my first question, why didn't you answer your calls?" She asked shortly.

"Ash, you do know I have a life, right?" I said, and she did a fake gasp. "What a shocker! Stop avoiding the question. What happened?" I could feel her roll her eyes through the line.

"Well, long story short, saw a drowning person, lifeguards not there, got in, found out it's a mannequin, nearly got sucked into a whirlpool, saved by Zack, and so forth..." I said when Ashleigh interrupted.

"Wait. WHAT?! Zack's there?!" She asked, surprised. I rolled my eyes. "Yes! He gave me CPR and carried me home." I said, feeling the blush creep up my neck and onto my cheeks.

"He gave you CPR?! Did he press your chest?" She started asking questions.

"Yes." I bit my lip to stop blushing.

"Did he give mouth to mouth?"

"Yes."

"On the lips?"

"...nooooo, On the bellybutton, you nitwit. Of course on the lips!"

"Were you wearing a bikini?"

".... What does that have to do with anything?!"

"Just answer the question."

"How are you not surprised that there was a mannequin in the ocean?!"

"Honey, nothing surprises me these days anymore."

"You sounded very shocked when I told you that Zack's here."

"Jeanette, just answer the bloody question!"

"Bloody? Since when do you say bloody? London's affecting you, mate. Yes I was wearing a bikini! Does it matter? I was on the beach anyways!"

"Does he have a six pack?"

"ASHLEIGH! Not helping!"

"Okay sorry. Well does he?"

I blushed at the memory of his chest.

"..... He does."

"I knew it!"

"Ashleigh! Focus!" I snapped her back to reality.

"Right! What else happened?" She asked the question I feared to answer.

I took a deep breath, shut my eyes and said everything without stopping.

"I went back to the beach and he was there and I said thank you and I was sorry and he said it was okay and then I kissed him on the cheek and we watched the sunset and we talked about random shit and he drove me back on his scooter and I came home and you called me and now I'm here in the lobbey standing in my bunny slippers looking like a total loser and still talking to you Ash what's happening to me?" I said everything in one breath and I gasped when I finished.

A pregnant silence followed.

"..... You KISSED him?!" She shrieked and I heard someone else swear in the background.

"... Ash, who's with you?" I asked, becoming nervous of all the things I just said. I heard muffled voices.

"Hi Jeanette!" I heard Amy's gentle voice chirp into the phone.

"Amy! How are you?"

"Jay, the real question is, how are you?" She asked in a concerned voice.

"I... I don't know, guys. I'm so confused. I don't know what to do." I said, being honest.

"Jay Jay, deep breath. Take a chill pill and we'll talk tomorrow, okay hun? Just keep us posted." Ashleigh said in a way that made me smile.

"Okay... Thanks for understanding. Have fun in London!"

"Oh and Jeanette?" I heard Amy.

"Yeah?"

"Be careful."

I nodded, taking in her words and hanging up. For a few moments, I embraced the silence. I sighed, walked back home and flopped down onto the bed, falling asleep in mere seconds.

A/N: That was probably the longest chapter I've ever written. I enjoyed writing it! This chapter is dedicated to my friend Ashleighashash
Who isn't alot like the Ashleigh in the story but she's just amazing and funny! Stay awesome Ash, Luv ya!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

25.1K 1K 35
Audry has a lot of life planned out for herself but it's not going to be easy to navigate. After a long year of figuring out what and who she wants t...
7.7K 124 35
June's senior year in high school starts probably the worst way possible - her first boyfriend and supposedly love of her life cheats on her and dump...
471K 17.3K 60
Never give up the beauty in you, just to fit in with the crowd. After all, you're a diamond and you're not suppose to fit in, but you're suppose to s...
191 32 14
From one party to another was what Chers life constituted of since puberty. She wasn't stupid she did very well in school and she enjoyed it most of...