π•Ώπ–π–Š π•Όπ–šπ–Šπ–Šπ–“'π–˜ π•·π–Žπ–”π–“

By Sunny_DDoodles

Y/N was normal, and so was her life. She didn't have dead, rich abusive parents or any magical powers of any... More

Prologue
A Strange Waitress
Her First Patrol
Back to the Future
The Undertaker
An 'L' Shaped Scar
Hot Off the Press
The Double Charles
A Special Fitted Coffin
Jack The Ripper
The Faux Angel
The Midnight Bell
Madam Red and Grelle Sutcliff
Late Night Tea
Spider Lilies
Marchioness Francis Phantomhive-Midford
Worthless, Rotten and Ignorant
A Prince of Bengal
The Bratty Prince
A Busy Day's lessons
Chores
A Midnight Stroll
The Prince's Lesson
Kali's Right Hand
A Rickety, Old Bar Stool
Knocking on Death's Door
Taste Tests
Curry For Queen and Country
The Curry Bun
A Victory Celebration
The Servants of the Phantomhive Manor
Promises, Promises
A Festive Epilogue
Incorrect Quotes
Incorrect Quotes 2
Incorrect Quotes 3

Beautiful, Gorgeous, Gushing Red

2.7K 133 15
By Sunny_DDoodles

Warning: Graphic mentions of blood and lost limbs, chainsaws, and various knives. Again this chapter is extremely graphic, read with caution.

"Right, then." Sebastian began to unbutton his jacket before he placed it over Ciel.

"Wha-!?"

"Please do not allow yourself to catch a chill." Sebastian instructed him. "Please look after the young Lord."

"Of course. I told you at the party that that's part of the reason why I'm here. I'll do my best." Y/N wiped her brow with her soaked sleeve. She tore off her cloak and placed it over Sebastian's jacket. "Can't be too careful." Y/N was referring to Ciel's asthma, though neither Ciel or Sebastian picked up on it.

"I will prepare some hot milk when we have returned to the town house. And I shall sweeten it with honey or brandy or something of the sort." Sebastian promised Ciel. "And Miss Y/N shall be joining us. She has some explaining to do about her whereabouts and origin."

"I do believe I gave you my word. I promised you could trust me, so I need to keep to my word to prove that." Y/N placed a hand on her hip and nodded to Sebastian. She was ready to protect the Earl.

"Ohhh? I'm not going to let you go running home just like that, you know!?" Grelle threatened. "Little Death Scythe here and I are both full of soooo much pent-up energy these days 'cos our quarry has been much too easy to HUNT!" She shouted as she revved her chainsaw and lunged at Sebastian, Ciel and Y/N. Y/N yanked Ciel out of the way of Grelle while Sebastian jumped to Grelle's other side. "I much prefer doing the chasing myself to being chased, Darlings!" Grelle's chainsaw cut quickly through the stone path like it was wet paper. "So let's have ourselves a marvelous round of tag, shall we!?"

"I'll pass, I've got enough on my plate with just the kid. I can't get myself distracted while I'm the one with the responsibility of a child." Y/N winked back at Grelle as she pulled her chainsaw from the ground.

"I have asked you before, and now I ask you, Miss Y/N, to refrain from uttering such vile-" Grelle swung again, Sebastian flipped away from her blade, "Drivel!"

"Aw, you're no fun, Sebastian!" Y/N laughed.

"Exactly! Don't be like that! You'll get hooked on my little one once you've had a taste," Grelle swung again, "I'm sure!" Sebastian blocked the saw with a lamppost he uprooted. The crash and grinding sound was something awful. "Ooh! You don't look it, but you're pretty powerful, Sebastian Darling!" Y/N knew what Grelle was going to say next and covered Ciel's ears with her hands while muttering: "Trust me, kid. You don't want to hear this."

"That warms my cockles too, it does!" Grelle snickered. "However... The real show begins now!" She began to apply more pressure with her scythe. "The Death Scythe can cut through a gas lamp like a twig!" The lamp did snap right in half, just as Grelle said. Y/N wasn't shocked but Sebastian and Ciel were. Sebastian was caught off guard and his arm suffered a blow from Grelle's Death Scythe. As his demon blood spewed from the wound, so did his cinematic record. Sebastian looked in confusion and awe. So did Y/N. "I shouldn't be able to see this, I'm just a human. We can't see cinematic records."

A younger, weary and dirty version of Ciel appeared before them. "From this day forth, you are my faithful dog." That was the only coherent thing Y/N could hear as more and more memories of Ciel flashed before her and Sebastian.

"This...is..." Sebastian could hardly speak and all Y/N could do was watch.

"How was it for you, hm? The pain you felt must've been rather dramatic, no?" Taunted Grelle. She had no idea Y/N had been able to see it too. "That just now was a little talent we Reapers have... The 'Cinematic Record'. Grim Reapers receive a list of those who are scheduled to die and judge them by playing back their memories using the 'Record'." Grelle began to explain the Reaper's powers and job. "We look at what sort of humans they were, and what sort of lives they lived. Should we allow them to live? Or should we kill them?" The way Grelle said it made it seem like they were simple school questions, not like she was talking about a human being's life. Y/N also knew the chance of a Reaper letting you live was almost zero. "People say a magic lantern passes before their eyes when they are on the verge of death. But that's just Reapers like lil' ole me playing back those human's memories." She explained to them. "For those who receive the judgement 'this human should die', we use our Death Scythes to sever their memories and souls from their bodies, and for them, it is 'The End'."

"Their lives flash before their eyes," Y/N breathed out, still amazed she was able to see the Record.

"I had presumed you were only guilty of poor taste, but a peeping Tom as well, are you?" Sebastian scoffed. "Truly the lowest of the low."

"Were you able to see it?" Y/N whispered to Ciel.

"No, why?"

"Just making sure..." Humans shouldn't be able to see the Cinematic Record, so why had Y/N seen it?

"Non, non! That is our job!" Grelle revved her Scythe again. "But, yes, all right!" She lunged for the demon once more. Y/N wanted to continue to watch the battle and listen to Grelle explain her powers but she heard haunting footsteps approach her and Ciel. She and Ciel tore themselves away from the battle to face Madam Red.

"Why?" Ciel coldly asked. Y/N already knew why, and Ciel would learn soon enough.

"Why? What is the point of asking me now?" Y/N knew Madam Red was reaching for her blade inside her jacket. "When you and I have become the 'Watchdog' and it's 'Prey'. If I don't hunt the Watchdog, and now the Lion, I will be hunted, in which case..." She drew out her blade. "There is only one way out!!" Madam Red lunged at Ciel with her knife but Y/N shoved him out the way. Y/N was able to catch Madam Red's blade with her own. The Madam, however, was stronger than Y/N anticipated and she slid her blade up Y/N's and cut her finger. Y/N hissed lightly in pain but didn't hesitate to push the Madam away with her other hand.

"Madam. You are a physician." Ciel yelled from behind Y/N. "Why would you kill-"

"A brat like you will never understand!!" Red shouted over the rain. She ran for Y/N and tried to reach Ciel once more. "Not ever!" The Madam and Y/N danced back and forth, knives clashing. Both of them had to jump back on more than one occasion to avoid the other's blade. Both of them were strong and agile. However, Y/N wasn't aiming to kill while Madam Red was. Y/N was finally gaining the upper hand when the Madam sent a fist into her stomach. Y/n faltered and Madam Red used the opportunity to hit her across the face. Y/N wilted over, dropping her blades. Madam Red gripped Y/N's scalp and slammed her face into her knee. 

"Aah!" Y/N cried out as her nose let out a sickening 'crack'. Y/N's blood poured from her nose. She tried to get up but the pain sent her to her knees as the Madam delivered a swift kick to her midsection. While Y/N spat blood out onto the street Madam Red made her way over to Ciel. She quickly gripped his throat as Y/N felt her nose stitch itself up. Pain flaring up her face, the blood evaporating.

"I wish you..." Madam Red gripped Ciel's throat. Y/N struggled to her knees, nose feeling like it was on fire. "That someone like you..." Y/N stumbled for her dropped blades. "That someone like you..." Y/N wasn't going to make it in time! "Had never been born in the first place!" Madam Red jerked back, ready to slam the blade full force into her nephew's face-

But she faltered...

"Young Master!" Sebastian was only milliseconds from crushing Madam Red's skull when Ciel stopped him.

"Stop! Sebastian!" Ciel commanded him. Madam Red covered her face, dropping her blade and Ciel. "Do not kill her!"

Everyone was breathing hard. Sebastian's breaths were the most ragged as he gripped his bleeding shoulder, looking much worse for wear. Y/N stumbled over to the butler, steps getting more steady as the pain in her stomach disappeared. Ciel did a small double take as his eyes fell over his bleeding butler and Y/N's spotless face. "Sebastian?" He breathed out, never having seen his butler look so awful. Grelle giggled loudly as she ripped her saw from the building wall where it had been lodged, a large blood spatter remained where Sebastian had stood only moments before.

"Why, Sebastian Darling! You've got guts!" Grelle laughed. "To think you would sacrifice an arm to go rescue that Brat!"

"He shouldn't have had to. Ciel was my job." Y/N spoke up. "I apologize, Sebastian." He looked over to her, then squinted slightly. He looked her up and down briefly before raising a brow. He could've sworn he heard her nose crack, and he had, without a doubt, smelled her blood. 

"But you are a wholly different story, Madam!" Grelle addressed her partner. She had not moved from in front of Ciel, not even to retrieve her knife. "You just go on and kill that Brat now, you hear!?"

"No..." She muttered out, her breath and body shaking.

"Hunh?" Grelle was not about to be refused. She had come too far for anything else.

"I cannot..." Madam Red gripped her red jacket and dress, hands over her heart and stomach. "I cannot kill this child!"

"How can you say that now?" Grelle leaned her scythe against her shoulder. "After you've chopped up all those women!"

"A woman can kill a man or another woman without a second glance." Y/N argued. "But a child, a child is a completely different monster. Especially the son of a sister!"

"If you don't kill him, he'll kill you instead!" Grelle shouted back. "And after I've gone through all the trouble of assisting you!"

"But..." Y/N readied herself. "But!" Y/N leaped forward! "This child is my-" A sickening sound filled the air as Grelle's chainsaw ripped through flesh.

Y/N screamed out in pain as her arm was torn from her body, blood splattering everywhere. Her scream echoed throughout the alley. Red blood washed over Grelle, Madam Red, Y/N, Sebastian and Ciel. And yet, out of all the blood spouting from her body, not one drop turned into her Cinematic Record. Y/N fell to the ground next to her fallen limb, laying on her side in a pool of her own blood. Y/N's blood gushed over her body and soaked into her pores and hair. Everyone seemed to be overflowing with shock, except for Grelle. She didn't even falter a moment to wonder why Y/N's Cinematic Record wasn't playing now, she went straight for her original victim: Madam Red. Y/N could see the Madam fall in front of her, face up. Blood showering everywhere, some splashing across Y/N's face. Y/N couldn't hear. Why couldn't she hear? That didn't matter. She needed to get up. She had to protect Ciel and help Madam Red. Y/N tried to get up but she couldn't get her arms to cooperate. Something monochrome flashed around her. Whatever it was it was moving and there were flashes of red. Y/N could hear something muffled slowly seep into her ears; someone was talking. Y/N managed to get one arm, her right one, to work. She propped herself on the elbow and then tried to focus on her other arm. "Why won't my left arm work?" she thought. Suddenly that flaming pain flared through her body and she shrieked again. It felt like her shoulder was being burned by hot metal, the flesh bubbled and smoked. Something small grabbed onto her, shaking her back and forth but all Y/N could do was writhe and scream in pain as her arm began to reform. Smoke billowed out of the socket where Y/N's arm once was and a bone began to grow out of it, soon followed by another. Y/N twisted her body and screamed. Something was thrown around her head. As Y/N jerked around, whatever wrapped around her head kept her from hitting the ground. 

The pain continued for about two more minutes before dying down. Y/N's tears had poured like a fountain from her eyes as her arm regrew. Y/N blinked a few times, trying to get her eyes to adjust to her surroundings. They landed on a small figure ahead of her. It was kneeling down on the ground right next to something red and blurry. "Madam Red!" Y/N bolted up, propping herself up on her hands, her cloak slipping off her head. Y/N stumbled over to her. She had been too late. She realized the small figure was Ciel. "I'm sorry," she murmured, "I should've..." Y/N felt more tears fall from her eyes, mixing in with the blood and rainwater. Ciel looked over to her, eyes blank. He traced a finger across her face, Y/N's blood coating his finger tip. He rubbed her blood between his thumb and finger as it evaporated. 

"Sebastian." Ciel tore his eyes away from Y/N's blood. "What are you doing?" Y/N noticed Grelle was walking away from the scene. "It's not over yet. So don't stand around twiddling your thumbs, man. Hunt down the last one."

"As you wish." Smirked the demon. Grelle giggled hysterically.

"I was ready to let you go, 'cos I'm really not feeling it anymore, but..." Grelle turned around in a flash and swung her chainsaw. "If you're that desperate to die, I'll do you the favor of sending the three of you, to Heaven!!" As much as Y/N wanted to watch the fight, she couldn't help but look back to Madam Red and Ciel. She watched as the last of her blood evaporated from her and Madam Red's body. Almost absentmindedly, Y/N brushed Madam Red's bangs from her face. 

"What are you?" It was barely a whisper. Y/N looked over to Ciel, ready to reach for his gun.

"I'm human, I've always been..." Y/N trailed off, humans couldn't regrow limbs. "I've never healed like that before. I've always been normal..." She looked him dead in the eyes. Her panic was only visible in her pupils. "I promise you, Ciel. I wouldn't lie to you." He still looked unsure. "I wouldn't have jumped in front of her if I didn't think I could save her. I wouldn't have exposed myself if it wouldn't have helped. I've never lost an arm before. It's always just been small cuts or bruises, and for a while, I never even noticed." Y/N explained to him. "I don't know when it started or how it started."

"Are you sure you aren't something like that?" Ciel pointed up to Grelle who was still battling Sebastian. 

"I'm not lying to you, Ciel. I'm completely human. Something strange is just going on. I was born to a human mother with a human father, (if you have siblings you listed them as well, 'with (a) human brother(s) and/or sister(s)'). I don't know what's happened to me, but this has never happened before." Ciel looked her in the eyes once again before moving his hand away from his gun. 

"Thank you," he muttered. It was under his breath, like he really didn't want her to hear it.

"I should've done more. When I promised Sebastian I would protect you, I didn't just mean physically." Ciel looked back down to his aunt's body and nodded. "Trust me, kid, the coffin prank will be the worst I'll ever do to you."

"Don't call me 'kid'." He snapped. "I can still have your head for that."

"Sure thing, kid." Y/N smiled. Ciel was about to say something more when Sebastian slammed Grelle down next to them, not too far away. He revved the Death Scythe and raised it over his head, ready to finally kill Grelle. The blade was only an inch from her face when it collided with something! Another Death Scythe!

"Please pardon the interruption." Said a monotone voice Y/N knew well. "I am William T. Spears from the Management Division of the Grim Reaper Dispatch."

"I have come to claim that Reaper."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.2K 2.2K 53
"I don't know what's going on, but there's one thing I'm absolutely certain of: Sebastian Michaelis is not human, and I have no clue of what his inte...
15.7K 543 12
"Oh Grell~ I'll make you mine one day~ Just you wait and see,sweetie~ I just need to get rid of everybody who get in our way...expectantly that disgu...
38.5K 2.1K 45
Welcome back to the madness and insanity that is the life of Y/N L/N. This book is the second in a series titled: The Queen's Lion in which young Y/N...
3.4K 113 29
**Currently on hiatus until inspiration hits me First story on wattpad ever that was written because I got bored but anyway; You died in your previ...