ON HOLD| EDITING | "A smile d...

By SofiDeLove

Started: 17.01.2021. Ended: ??? FIRST OF ALL! I do NOT simp for Max. I wrote the first version of this when I... More

Remake?
Authors Note. Please read this.
C H A P T E R 1
C H A P T E R 2
C H A P T E R 3
C H A P T E R 4
C H A P T E R 5
C H A P T E R 6
C H A P T E R 7
C H A P T E R 8
C H A P T E R 9
C H A P T E R 10
C H A P T E R 11
C H A P T E R 12
C H A P T E R 13
C H A P T E R 14
C H A P T E R 15
C H A P T E R 16
C H A P T E R 17
C H A P T E R 18
C H A P T E R 19
C H A P T E R 20
C H A P T E R 22
C H A P T E R 23
C H A P T E R 24
C H A P T E R 25
C H A P T E R 26
C H A P T E R 27
C H A P T E R 28
C H A P T E R 29
C H A P T E R 30
H A L L O W E E N
C H A P T E R 31

C H A P T E R 21

3K 95 263
By SofiDeLove

Loading...

...100%!

Loading "A smile doesn't suit you" complete!

Chapter 21.

Episode: Eggs benefits.

Currently, you have a Mini Crown, a Knife, the Price for the best Counselor, and the Wifi Badge from the Flowerscouts.

Hope you enjoy!

WARNING! CURSING! MENTION OF LAYING EGGS! MENTION OF BULLYING/ABUSE!

□■□■□■□■□

Camp Campbell.

Day 21.

The Quartett was laying on the grass in front of the lake, enjoying their Saturday.

Max sighed in relaxation. "I love Saturdays. No scheduled activities. No annoying campers. And best of all, no David or Gwen telling us what to do." He then put on a pair of black sunglasses, and then laid back onto the ground.

"Yeah, I hate it when they do that." Nikki added, frowning. "If I hear them say 'Nikki, get down from there' or 'Nikki don't eat that bug' or 'Nokki that's an endangered-species' ONE MORE TIME." She then growled.

"Yeah, but I think we can all agree to the statement that Saturdays are great. Just doing random shit without anyone telling you what exactly you have to do is awesome." Y/N smiled, looking at the sky

"It's just nice to have a break from all the weird hijinks and eacky adventures. I almost don't mind being outside." He then took a deep breath, and accidentally breathed in a fly, and started choking.

Y/N, who was next to him, sat up, and clapped onto his back, the fly coming out of his mouth again.

Neil ▲

"...Almost." Neil said after calming down a bit.

"Oh sure, YOU get to eat all the bugs you want." Nikki frowned.

"Nikki, he literally CHOKED on it!" Y/N told the girl, frowning a bit.

Neil then looked to the side, seeing an egg there. "Hmm. That's queer."

Max sat up, looking at Neil. "Don't say that, Neil."

Neil lifted the egg off the ground, looking at it in wonder. "Where did this egg come from?"

Nikki and Y/N looked at the egg.

"A chicken?" Nikki asked, raising an eyebrow. "Or does the egg come first?"

Max layed down again. "Who cares? It's just an egg."

Nikki then pointed towards something. "Look! There's another!" And then she saw many more eggs. "And another! It's an egg trail!"

Max sat up again, pushing the sunglasses a bit down so he could glare at his group. "Guys! Don't mess with it. It's probably something that will trigger a series of events that will, on the whole, be an interesting and comedic adventure, but ultimately waste our Saturday."

"Yeah, I agree. We should leave the eggs alone." Y/N said, but then they all looked to the spot where Nikki once sat, and now she was gone.

"God damn it." Max said.

The three followed Nikki, who stopped at a bush.

"Aww, the platypus is gonna be a mama! It's the miracle of life!" Nikki said, smiling.

The other three looked the bush too, seeing the platypus there with a few eggs.

But then, the Platypus pushed out another egg out of itself, making Y/N cringe.

"Life is disgusting." Neil muttered, making Y/N nod.

"Well, good thing it's just a platypus." Max siad to the others, taking his sunglasses off. "I guess our Saturday is safe after all."

"Dom't jinx it." Y/N groaned.

And, of course, in that moment, everything was going to go completely wrong.

A yellow car arrived, Mr. Campbell getting out of it.

"Right on time. I see a cash machine- I mean, lovable pet has produced some eggs!" He pointed at the eggs in Nikki's hands.

"Ooh! What are we gonna do with them? Watch them hatch? Cook breakfast?" Nikki asked.

"No, no, not at all." The old man answered. "You're all going to-"

"Don't tell us we're taking care of the eggs until they hatch." Max rolled his eyes.

"-Take care of the eggs until they hatch!"

"Well, shit." Neil said, defeated.

"I told you not to jinx it." Y/N glared at Max, before sighing. "Our poor Saturday...ruined."

Max cracked the sunglasses in half, letting them fall to the ground.

Cue the Intro Song!

Everyone was now in front of the Mess Hall.

"All right! Bonus activity day!" David exclaimed, smiling. "I hope you kids are as excited as I am to be working in a Saturday!"

Mr. Campbell, who was next to him, stopped him. "Whoa, Davey. I wouldn't go around calling this work. We don't need any child labor allegations thrown our way! Again. This doesn't count as overtime either."

"Why are you making us do this?" Max asked, tikting his head to the side.

"Well, Mitchell, you see- these eggs are much too valuable to let some dumb animal take care of. I would probably lose it. Or eat it!"

The platypus muaked in the background.

"That's not how-" Neil lifted his finger, but Mr. Campbell interrupted him.

"Plus! The USDA is really cracking down on biosecurity. Soooo...if any 'government official' asks, this is an innocent camp activity with these eggs we just happened to find!"

"We did just happen to find them." Nikki told him, and he leaned down, giving her a few dollars.

"Exactly!" He said, before standing up straight again.

"Mr. Campbell, what's so special about these eggs anyway?" Gwen asked, holding a box full of the eggs.

"Well...between you and me, there is a bit of unrest back in Thailand. Some baseless accusation of me embezzling all their money." He laughed a bit. "You know, the usual."

"Did you embezzle all their money?" Gwen asked, frowning.

Mr. Campbell laughed nervously, changing the subject. "Anyway! The Russians are offering to help out, but you never want to owe a debt to those guys. So I'm trying to take care of the whe thing myself by selling off these bad boys." He pointed at the eggs in the box.

"Golly! Are platypus babies really that valuable?" David asked, a smile still present on his face.

"They better be." Mr. Campbell muttered.

David then walked to the campers, pushing each of them together, so they made pairs. "Alright camperinos. We're gonna pair you up so you'll each get to take care of an egg until it hatches."

But then, Y/N noticed that everyone had a partner but her.

"Umm...David..?" She lifted her hand.

David looked at her, frowning when he saw that she didn't have a partner.

"Ah, I'm sorry. You can take care of one alone if you'd like!" David smiled at her.

Y/N sighed. "Awesome..." she muttered sarcastically.

"Is it too late to change who we're paired with?" Neil asked, Space Kid, who was his partner, holding his hand.

"You know it!" David said, walking over to the side.

Mr Campbell then started giving out the eggs.

Y/N rubbed her arm, feeling kinda awkward in this situation.

Max noticed this, and sighed, frowning.

He lifted his hand. "Yo, David?"

David turned to look at the boy. "Yes, Max?"

"Could Y/N join our group?" He asked, making Y/N, who was a bit farther away from him, glance at him in suprise.

David seemed suprised for a moment too, before smiling again. "Of course!"

Max then looked at Y/N, making a "Come over here" sign with his hand.

Y/N smiled, walking over to him and Nikki. "Thanks, dude."

Max just looked back at Nikki, who was ready to take care of the egg.

"...Did I miss a conversation or what?" Y/N asked.

"Yeah. Nikki wants to take care of that stupid egg." Max rolled his eyes, and groaned.

Y/N groaned. "Oh god."

□■□■□■□■□

Nikki, Max and Y/N were walking around with a stroller, the egg laying in it.

"Boy, Guys." Nikki started. "I don't know how to nurture the heck out of this egg. Is loving it enough, or do I need to feed it, too?!"

"I heard that it's important that the egg is in a warm spot, that's why many animals sit on top of their eggs, with caution, of course." Y/N told her, making Nikki nod.

"We could just send it to a summer camp and have strangers take care of it for three months." Max suggested.

"Don't be silly, Max. That's an awful idea!"

The three then stopped once they saw Ered and Dolph painting on their egg, and putting on a pair of sunglasses on it.

Nikki turned to her partners. "Ooh! We could be the cool parents like Ered and Dolph! If our egg hangs out with theirs, it can be popular!"

"I don't think I need to remind you that these are eggs, and not, in fact, actual children. But I'm going to anyway." Max said.

Y/N sighed. "Why did Neil find that stupid egg? I just want to relax!"

Max sighed too, agreeing with Y/N.

□■□■□■□■□

The three kids now sat on top of a hill, Nikki holding the egg in her arms, trying to feed it with milk.

"Drink up now, so you can grow up to be big and strong!"

Max groaned, and Y/N sighed, looking at Nikki.

"I don't get it, Guys." She turned to the other two kids, patting the egg. "If playing fast and loose like the cool kids isn't the right way to raise our egg, then what is?"

Y/N glanced at the egg. "You just have to keep it warm, and protect it from danger 'till it hatches, nothing more."

Nikki frowned, looking at the egg.

"Nikki, you just spilled milk all over it and now you're parting an egg. The only thing you're raising is questions."

"You're right." She said, smiling at the egg. "I think it's ready for solids."

Max sighed, and Y/N rubbed her eyebrows in frustration.

Then, Y/N looked down the hill, seeing the campers gathering for Harrison's magic tricks with his eggs.

"How about we just watch that?" She suggested, pointing at the stage.

Nikki gasped. "Yes! What a good idea, Y/N!"

Nikki ▲

Nikki stood up, leaving already.

Max groaned. "Why did you suggest that?!"

Y/N stood up. "So she'll just shut up about that egg for one second." She then walked off, catching up to Nikki. "I'm regretting recent life choices."

Max groaned again, before ceatching up with the girls.

□■□■□■□■□

The three now stood in front of the stage, watching Harrison perform a magic trick, ehich nade his egg dissappear.

Nikki gasped, and then looked at the kids next to her. "Max! Y/N! Our egg can't do amazing tricks like disappear!"

Max grabbed the egg, ready to throw it away. "I beg to differ."

Nikki grabbed it, making Max raise an eyebrow. "No, I mean it's falling behind already! We should push it towards a good career, like a garbage man or luchador!"

"Nikki, it's a fucking EGG! It can't do anything!" Y/N told the girl, rubbing her forehead.

Nikki ↡

Nikki gasped. "How could you say that?!"

Y/N then rolled her eyes, before looking to the side, seeing Neil in a pen with Space Kid.

"Hey, look, over there." She muttered to Max, pointing to Neil.

They both walked over to their friend.

"Hey Neil. Boy, this whole egg thing sure is stupid, huh?" He said to him, and Neil held the egg far away from Y/N and Max.

"WOAHHHOHO 'KAY!" Neil yelled, suprising Y/N and Max. "I think ghat's close enough, Guys."

Y/N sighed. "Even you? Oh god this is so terrible."

"Why do you care so much about this?" Max asked, rolling his eyes a bit.

Neil looked at the egg. "I don't know. I just- I see a lot of myself in this egg. It's so small and fragile. I must protect it at all costs."

Max and Y/N looked at each other. He raised an eyebrow, while the Girl just shrugged in response.

"Max, Y/N!" Nikki yelled, walking over to them. "There you Guys are. Max, it's your turn to change the egg's diaper! We ahould not have started feeding it solids."

"As you can see," Max turned back to Neil. "We're the only ones who haven't lost their nind over this." He pointed at himself and Y/N.

"Oh, we're just trying to be the best parents we can be, Guys! Everything's perfectly fine."

Then, Preston walked over to them, with a loud "Yes!"

Everybody gasped once they saw the state that Preston was in.

He wore sunglasses to hide the bkack eye he had, and he had many scratches om his face. "Everything is perfectly fine, isn't it?"

"Oh god, Preston! What the heck did you do?!" Y/N asked.

"Oh, nothing. Just tripped and fell into a doorknob a few times. It was my fault, really. Anyway, I was wondering if you had a cub of sugad I could borrow, please." He then pulled out a piece of paper, which read "Help me".

"PRESTON!" Nurf's loud voice rang, making Preston stuff the paper into his mouth, eating it.

"Yes, Nurf? What is it?"

"Oh THERE you are. What are you doing over here?" Nurf asked, glaring at Preston.

"I think he was asking for help?" Nikki replied.

"-UH, HELP MAKING THAT CAKE YOU MENTIONED YOU LIKE FOR DESSERT!" Preston tried to save himself. "I just need some sugar and then a few eggs-"

Nurf gasped, covering the ears off his egg. "How could you even mention using eggs in front of Nurf Jr! YOU KNOW WHAT?!" He put the egg onto a tree, before turning back to Preston. "I am trying to set a good example for our egg, Preston! And I need you to work with me on this! I will not have him grow up in a broken household like his father. So if I hear anymore talk of 'I'm leaving you' or 'Ohh, you're scarong me' or anything like that, I'm going to really lose it!"

"Nurf, I-" Preston wanted to start, but Nyrf interrupted him.

"NO! SAVE IT! WE CAN TALK ABOUT THIS LATER AFTER I EAT THAT CAKE! In the mean time, I'm gonna take Nurf Jr. away so he isn't exposed to any more domestic issues." He turned back to the tree where he sat the egg on, but instead of the egg, was a note. "Wha-?"

"A note?" Y/N asked, tilting her head.

"Wha?" Max was confused.

Nurf grabbed the note, reading it out loud. "Dear parents, I could not take being raised in such conditions any longsr and decided to run away to a better life. I hope you two can work things out, if not for me, then for each other. Love, Nurf Jr? He...ran away?" Nurf teared up.

"HE RAN AWAY?!" Max asked, even more confused than before.

Nurf dropped the paper, full on crying now. "OH GOD, I'M A HORRIBLE PARENT!"

Preston walked over to him, patting his back. "You really are, Nurf."

Y/N raised an eyebrow, feeling a mixture of confusion and sadness for the poor boys.

Preston and Nurf then walked away, leaving Max, Neil, and Nikki standing there.

"You see, Guys?" Nikki started. "This is why we have to figure out the best way to raise our egg. And we better donit fast because at this rate, our egg is gonna be the only one left."

"We'll see about that..." Neil said, pressing a huge button on a remote, which reuslted in walls surrounding them, so no one could get in, or out.

Neil looked through the window, glaring at the three kids. "Go away!"

"Jesus, chill out, Neil." Max started.

"Yeah, you can't hover over this thing for it's entire incubation period." Y/N finished.

Neil ↡

"The hell I can't!" Neil yelled. "I'm in this for the long haul, baby! You think ny job's done after this thing hatches? He's gonna be homeschooled! He's gonna wear a baby leash! A BABY LEASH! Because infant creatures are only good at one thing, and that's finding the fastest way to kill themselves the moment you let them out of your sight!"

Space Kid then walked over to Neil. "Can I hold the egg now, Neil?"

"NO!" Neil yelled, kicking Space Kid away with his foot. "NONE OF YOU CAN! Because none of you know what's best for this egg like I do! I will keep it close forever! Because I'm the only ine who can love it the way it needs to be loved!"

"Holy shit, he's officialy gone crazy..." Y/N said, crossing her arms.

And then, Neil hugged the egg tightly, making it crack.

Neil frowned. "Well I'm sure this is some kind of poignant metaphor."

The walls then went down again, revealing Neil, who had the whole mess on his shirt.

"Kids! What the heck are you doing out here?!" Mr. Campbell yelled, running towards the group. "My blood pressure is through the roof!"

"I have no idea ehat I'm doing, that's the problem!" Nikki said, eyes wide, shacking.

"What?" Mr. Campbell asked.

"Yeah, there's only one egg left." Max answered.

"WHAT?!" Mr. Campbell yelled.

"It's all terrible!" Nikki looked at her egg. "I don't know what's right, I don't know what's wrong, I just know that I'm SCARED- AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!"

Max interrupted her. "Nikki, calm down! It's like I told you, none of this matters! Nobody knows what they're doing when they're taking care of something too dumb to take care of itself!"

Nikki started tearing up, but Max still continued. "There is no right way of doing any of this. How do you think we turned out so fucked up?"

But then, the egg started cracking, making Y/N step closer to Nikki so she could see the egg hatching.

"OH GOD! NOW IT'S BREAKING!" Nikki yelled.

Y/N put a hand on Nikki's shoulder. "Nikki, no, it's hatching!"

Everyone looked at the egg, and the top part sprang open, revealing a baby platypus.

"Awww...." Everyone said with sparkles in their eyes.

"Finally, whew!" Mr. Campbell said. "Thanks to you kids, the prime minister of Thailand lives to see another day."

Then, Max grabbed onto the egg with Nikki, smiling at her. "Wow, Nikki. Thanks for getting us through this. You know, sometimes, life is beautiful."

But then, the Platypus jumped up, and ATE IT'S OWN CHILD.

The Platypus then jumped into Y/N's arms, making her frown. "No, no it's definitely not."

Mr. Campbell took a step back. "Well, kids. That's why you always have a plan B." He then spoke to his watch on his wrist. "Take out the body double."

Mr. Campbell put on a moustache and a hat, and a russian underground ship (?) came up.

"None of you saw me here." The old man said to the kids.

He jumped onto the boat. "Dasvidaniya, campers!" He then got into the boat, and it dissapeared under the water again.

Max groaned. "Fucking waste of a Saturday."

Y/N looked at him. "Wanna watch a movie?"

He shrugged, before replying. "Sure."

The two then walked off, leaving Neil and Nikki there.

"And Y/N said that they're just friends. Sure." Neil rolled his eyes.

□■□■□■□■□

Camp Campbell.

Day 20 complete!

Achievement unlocked: Life is awful.

What the Characters think of you now:

Max: Confused, but it's getting clearer.

Nikki: Admirable Friend.

Neil: Good Friend.

David: Admirable Kid.

Gwen: Friendly Kid.

Preston: Unsure.

Ered: Uncool Kid.

Space Kid: Friendly Kid.

Dolph: Friendly Kid.

Harrison: Flirty friend?

Nerris: Admirable Kid.

Nurf: Unsure.

Man, I'm kinda motivated to write even more lol. See y'all!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 80 12
After some unfortunate events the last few years your mother sends you to a summer camp In hopes to help improve your social skills and take your min...
856K 25.1K 100
[ BEING REWRITTEN ] 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐎𝐍𝐄 - 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ----- 𝐃𝐘𝐋𝐀𝐍 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐒 I messed up - I messed up in typical Dylan fashion because...
129K 1.5K 14
Hey all! As a disclaimer, this book is poorly written. I can't unpublish it because this has become my legacy, unfortunately, but if you enjoy medioc...
Marks By Finn

Fanfiction

7.8K 271 19
TW!! SELF HARM, BAD THOUGHTS, BLOOD!! This is aged up by a few years, the characters are all 13-15. I will update as often as possible. Have a nice d...