Hunted

By DarkHalo6

° ° ° A story about a girl that finally finds the will to live after years of being tormented by her ruthless... More

H U N T E D
Playlists
0
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70

41

85 2 0
By DarkHalo6

° ° °
. . . Some days you're the only thing I know, only thing that's burning when the nights grow cold. . .

° ° °

CHAPTER 41
—————

The parking lot behind the coast of the sea was crowded with fancy cars. That night Incheon was busy and crowded, mostly with businessmen-looking criminals, gangsters and mafia bosses. Police sirens were heard here and there and cop cars were parked on every kilometre of the city, especially around the enormous yacht that stood parked on the coast of the sea.

The Asian Underground Annual Party was a famous manifestation that even the police respected, but even so they were always around in case a random war exploded.

Driving slowly through the parking lot, a familiar black BMW jeep, Mercedes Benz and a brown Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross, searching for a parking spot amongst the many other cars doing the same.

Getting out of the car, four people each. The two girls fixing their dresses as they stepped out of the jeep. The red haired wearing a short tigh black dress with a red leather jacket and a matching red leather small handbag. Straightened long hair and straightened posture as she walked next to her gray haired boyfriend. Nothing of the despair she was in showing on her face.

In front of the two, another couple, Dayeon with a long sleeved tight red gown and long brown curls covering her naked back, walking hand in hand with the leader.

All of the men dressed in fancy black tuxedos with nicely styled hair walking right behind them towards the red carpet leading to the yacht.

Silence surrounding them until the tallest of them decided to clear the awful tension in the air. Johnny took a deep breath and cleared his throat, walking beside a glaring black haired guy with messy hair falling on his forehead unlike the most of the rest. His glare fixated on the younger guy walking in front of him with murderous aura flowing out of him. "At least try to look less threatening Mark. He said that he's sorry..." Mark just glanced back at Johnny and sped his walking without any other reaction except for averting his cold eyes to the yacht.

He didn't have the time to be partying while Soji was missing, and having to be on that party was angering him way too much. He was restless watching all of the carefree faces around him. His head was messy. Lacking sleep, food, rest in general and having her never leaving his mind no matter what he'd be doing. It was irritating him, knowing that she wasn't missing on her free will like always.

His eyes scanned the crowd as though he would see her there, searching for the outstanding green hair and the so familiar playful sage eyes he was longing to see after ending things with her in such a bad manner. He regretted not having hugged her one last time instead of letting his jealous side overwhelm him.

"Where are you Ji...." He mumbled to himself walking inside the yacht with the rest of NCT.

Leading the way, Taeyong with Dayeon beside him and the others following right after them went to the place the two stars of this party, BTS and EXO's leaders stood, greeting each other like the good friends they were.

"Congratulations on your partnership gentlemen." Taeyong shook hands with each of them having a pleased smile on his face. The two men smiled back sincerely the moment they saw Taeyong's lips curve upwards. Both nodding with their heads and exchanging handshakes with him and the rest of NCT as they congratulated them one by one before entering the yacht leaving only the leader and his girl have a talk with them.

The purple haired one, smiling and talking, his half closed eyes shifted towards a significant person in the huge crowd, trying to be less noticable with his actions, signaling him something: They have arrived to the party. The one with black hair receiving the sign, nodded and immediately went inside through the crowd looking for no one else, but the girl NCT were desperately looking for.

• • •

There she sat, on the far end of the yacht, away from the crowd, her heels off, the lower part of her dress pulled up in her lap and legs hanging in the freezing salty water. She took a long sip of the whiskey in her hand. The low music couldn't even be heard in that part of the yacht. She was alone with the sound of the sea. Staring ahead in the distance of the horizon. She shivered, being sensitive to the cold of every slight breeze hitting her pale body.

She sighed, cursing under her breath. Her life became so depressing that she was grossed out by how emotional and sensitive she had become. She missed being the cold girl everyone called a slut. Now she didn't even have the strength to live like that.

"Fucking hell! I want to go home. . ." Soji mubled to herself as she got up putting her heels back on and letting the wide gown fall down from her hands and cover her legs again. She spun around and squealed in surprise, seeing the male figure standing behind her- well now in front of her. "Jeez... Can you like, not do this? It creeps me out."

Scolded, Jimin let out a short awkward laugh, nodding his head. "Sorry... didn't mean to scare you... again..." He looked away from her scratching the back of his head nervously. He felt weird way of scared and frustrated when he was around her, like she'd disappear any moment and that was because he knew it was about to happen any day now.

He didn't mean to get so attached to her, he knew she didn't feel the same, she'd leave soon and probably never turn back, but he wanted to protect her, he felt like she needed it and there was no one else beside her to keep her safe except for him. At least for now.

He avoided her eyes that softened as she watched him stare at the sea in thoughts and she sighed feeling sorry for scolding him. "Nah.. it's okay. Sorry, I'm on edge like always.." She shrugged her shoulders walking closer to him.

She knew it wasn't his fault for being quiet when approaching her, it was in his spying nature as the leading spy in his gang. She wasn't on guard that's why she never noticed him and it was becoming harder for her to keep her focus too. At this point she was too tired to watch out to not be heard or seen, to keep searching around her with hopes to find the one following her.

The cute black haired guy, now looking more handsome than ever with the white tuxedo and pants and a red tie, hair pushed aback and styled with enough gel to keep it that way through the night. Hands in his pockets, he mumbled a silent "They're here.." as if he felt bad that she gave more attention to the mere fact that they were there than she had paid attention to him ever. He wished she was in his gang instead, but even if he ever asked her to change sides, he knew she'd never do that.

Soji snapped her head to look at him with eyes widened and filled with terror and panic. Her first instinct was to run, but she didn't know where and how to escape them; to hide, but to do that she had to run first. Her panicked eyes kept moving left and right as she started walking and stuttering as if it was possible for her to get away without being noticed in all the panic.

"I-I can't stay here Jimin. They c-can't see me. I have to g-go. I-I-" Her voice cracked while talking as a lump was forming in her throat while her eyes constantly moved around, searching and making sure no one was there except for the two of them. Her breathing was becoming uncontrollable, she was close to a panic attack and she didn't know how to stop it. She hated to let it take over her in public places or in front of anyone. Unlike last time, now it wasn't Mark the one with her and no one but him could calm her down like that. Anyone else could just make it worse.

Jimin grabbed her arm spinning her around to face him instead of speed walking to somewhere that even she didn't know where. "Why?" He asked, annoyed that he didn't know what was happening in her life. "Why are you avoiding them?" A spark of curiosity lit in Jimin's eyes as he held Soji's hands in his, slowly rubbing his thumbs on the back of her hands trying to calm her down.

She never said why she ran away, though he never asked. He felt like she didn't see him as someone worth spilling the beans to. He made himself believe that he was okay with Taehyung bringing her to their mansion that one day with no proper explanation. All the two of them said was that she'd stay with them for some time. Nobody knew what was going on inside Soji's head and though she thought that it was for the better for everyone, not all of them thought the same.

He had heard Namjoon and Jin doubting her for not saying anything, but had heard Taehyung say he believed her no matter what, and he had seen the longing looks she gazed over them with, every day from Monday to Friday. And the panic she was in right now proved that something big was happening in her life and had nothing to with BTS, not even NCT, but only her.

Soji shook her head avoiding his eyes and staring at their hands instead. "I can't tell you that.. if I say anything-" She stopped herself from more talking. Her eyes watering against her will and she knew she was at her limit already. If she kept talking she'd burst in tears and not even tears could save her from her panic attack.

On the other hand, her reaction made the guy in front of her even more curious but he didn't pressure her to say any more, instead he sighed and pulled her hand behind him. "Come with me."

"Where to?"

She received no response from him, but didn't ask twice. She was focused on her heart pumping twice the amount of blood it usually did. Her legs shaking as she walked fast after Jimin, hiding behind his back as they entered the crowd. Her mind - a literal mess, playing all possible scenarios and outcomes and none of them having a happy ending.

"Jimin I really have to leave!!" She yelled to the black haired male in front of her. Even though he heard her he didn't let go of her hand and pulled her closer to him making sure her back was the only thing seen as they walked through the wide room filled with people and bar tables.

"There you are!!" Someone yelled behind the two startling Soji before she realised it was only Taehyung with a beautiful girl with sandy hair, obviously his current girlfriend. "Why are you in a rush?" The man asked, but Soji sighed instead of answering, completely relieved it was only him standing there, facing her. Taehyung had his eyebrow raised, a small half smile painted on his lips as he watched the two still holding hands.

"Nowhere..?" Jimin said glancing down at Soji. He would say it 'NCT arrived', but the girl standing next to Taehyung was stopping him from saying anything. He never trusted Taehyung's girlfriends. They were all temporary, so even the littlest information leaked to them could be fatal at the end of his relationship.

Taehyung tilted his head in a curious teasing way. "Hmmm... didn't look like that though. Nevermind that now, RM wants all of us together."

• • •

The luxurious insides of the enormous thing floating on top of the water was mesmerising for anyone's eyes. So huge that it looked more like a ship than an actual yacht. A whole line of people walking inside pass the security men standing on each side of the entrance and Mark entered almost last, standing outside for a while as if he expected her to walk past him.

The bar tables on the insides were slowly filling up with people. Each table reserved for certain people. Unfortunately Mark was put just next to Jaemin's table, standing with Jungwoo, Jaehyun and Johnny.

Right past him walked waiters and waitresses holding golden trays of drinks and the men each took a glass of champagne for themselves. The ceremony had still around half an hour before it'd get started. Mark restlessly kept glancing at his watch. He promised to come only until the main ceremony starts, then he'd leave to focus on his hopeless search for Soji.

Having a lot of time, he looked around after drinking the champagne in one go and excused himself to go to the restrooms. Standing still was annoying him more and more each second. He knew she probably wouldn't come to a party where they would definitely be at, but there were so many people, important and unimportant, belonging to the underground world that the chance that she would be there but hiding still existed on the back of his mind.

The whole walk to the restrooms he kept glancing at every girl that'd enter his vision, even if he didn't want to. He did the same outside on the streets and everywhere he'd go, for a whole month already. It became his instinct to check everyone that'd show up randomly around him.

She had such a unique looks though, there were rarely green haired girls and it was hard to see anyone that looked like her. He couldn't even mistake her for anyone. At this point he didn't know if it would be good or bad to mistake someone for her. Would a little false hope push him forward or disappoint him.

He sighed looking up at the ceiling for a second on his way back to the table before lowering his gaze just to abruptly stop in his tracks. He blinked his eyes a few times, even brushed them with his hands like they do in the cartoons to clear their vision and look better.

His heart skipped a few beats as he stared in the distance between the people. His glance not even daring to move away to not lose sight of what he's been looking for for weeks. His legs became weak and he was afraid if he makes a step to reach her she'd disappear like she did in his dreams. If he would blink, would she disappear like the hallucinations he had when he was too tired late in the long sleepless nights. He stood there, motionless, afraid to test if what he was seeing was real. He didn't even know how to react.

His Soji was indeed there. Completely different from the last time he had seen her. She was even more skinnier, he could notice that even besides the black gown that covered her body. She was even paler, he could realize that even though he was standing almost fifty feet away from her. And her appearance - her long emerald green hair was no longer so outstanding like it used to be. Now it was dyed pitch black, darker than the sky above, darker than charcoal or the deepest unenlightened hole - like the time when he was first introduced to her. It had grown longer though, it was curved in huge locks at the bottom while starting straight at the top of her head.

Mark's eyes teared up against his will and he could do nothing to stop that. He longed for the moment he would see her again for only a month, yet it felt like she had been gone for a whole eternity.

But not even now he felt relieved. His eyes stopped on her hand wrapped in someone else's and his world collapsed once again. She was with two men he was acquainted with and even though he hated it, the first feeling he had after seeing her was jealousy, then worry and then the decision that he was taking her back tonight.

He studied their interaction. Soji and Jimin talking to Taehyung standing opposite of them. The way he suspiciously raised his eyebrow and teasingly smirked and tilted his head at them. It gave him the vibe of a friend teasing a couple and he despised the thought of that.

The second Taehyung started walking and the two followed after him, Soji being the last one in the line making their way through the crowd, Mark started speed walking in the same direction. He wasn't going to let her disappear from his sight again.

—————

To be continued. . .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

154K 3.2K 22
"Please, I just want to talk." I was scared of him. He was going to hurt me. If he killed Moonbin, he could kill me too. Started : April 17, 2020 Co...
33.1K 497 50
⤷ That one unfortunate encounter changed everything in her life -Mafia au (It's my first book so it's a bit cringe) ©2021hycuksheart Start : 08/11/20...
119K 3K 35
Something is wrong with the youngest in NCT. The hyungs have all noticed that the members in Dream have been acting off lately, but they can't place...
262K 10.9K 53
Donghyuck Slapped Mark so hard that his face turned red. Tears brimmed as he looked at the tall handsome hunk he had started to catch feelings for. N...