REBIRTH OF THE VILLAINESS ¦ C...

By aesmethyst

HIGHEST RANK #8 IN PARANORMAL (CATEGORY) "You cannot deceive the deceiver." Ashanti could not figure out... More

Rebirth of the Villainess
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
L

XL

980 58 2
By aesmethyst

Smile

Ashanti eyed her reflection on the mirror, wearing a dress and heels. She took the lipstick and powder in the drawer to apply some on her face before putting it on a small bag she would use later. She took out a deep breath before going downstairs.

Date...

Before returning to Rossault's mansion, she was silent, not knowing what to say. Giovanni just told her they would be having a date. Was this because of the collana da donna? Kailangan ba talaga ito?

However, the butterflies on her stomach could not stay still. She had feelings for him, and what was happening at the moment would benefit her.

"Ma'am, saan po ang punta mo?" One of the maids stopped what she was doing and blocked her way. Kaysa sabihing 'pakialam mo?' ay ngumiti siya na ikinagulat ng kasambahay.

"I'm... Going on a date. I'll be home before evening."

She eyed the Lamborghini on the gate. Giovanni did not go outside and only opened the car when he saw her getting nearer.

"Is my outfit alright?" she asked as she sat. He took a glimpse of her before starting the engine. A small smile was set while his eyes were focused on the way.

"You look good."

Tila isang napakagandang musiko ang salita para kay Ashanti. She played her tongue, wondering what she should reply next. The statement was a compliment, and it was rare for him to say something like that.

"Thank you. Where are we going? Specific answer please." She glanced him, waiting for the answer. Giovanni took another route, then also looked at her.

"We'll eat first before going to our destination. Where do you want to eat? You decide," saad nito.

She paused, shocked about what he said. Was he serious? She only stared at him. Giovanni's brows met when he heard nothing from her.

"You don't want to eat?"

"Anything but a public restaurant."

He nodded, immediately turned the car. She was still staring at him. Day by day the man would become a better person. Of course, it was in a positive way, like what he was doing at the moment.

Parang dati naman ay sasabihin lamang nito kung saang lugar sila magkikita ngunit ngayon ay binibigyan na siya ng kalayaan na makapili kung saan niya gustong pumunta. Hindi na nito binabalewala ang kaniyang nararamdaman. Obviously, the past and present were different. Just like what he said, this was a date.

Mabilis na nag-init ang kaniyang pisngi kung kaya't inilayo niya ang paningin. Unfortunate for her, Giovanni saw what she was doing even his eyes were fixed in the road. Another small smile formed on his lips.

Was she excited?

He parked the car in front of a luxurious restaurant owned by his family. No one was inside, and for sure like staff already knew that their boss would be in their area for the day. Ashanti ordered the food she preferred and to her surprise, the man also ordered the same dish as her.

Dahil doon ay kunot-noo siyang nagumpisang kumain. Mabilis din silang natapos at bumalik sa sasakyan. And that was the time Ashanti's heart started to beat faster.

Giovanni let her use the media player of the vehicle. It benefited him since he wanted to know what music Ashanti liked. He could even hear her little voice singing the verses of the songs. He did not like sounds but he guessed it was fine since Ashanti was enjoying it.

The journey lasted for four hours. Ashanti was either jamming to the songs or taking a nap. He would constantly check her out especially if she was sleeping, hoping she was comfortable in her position.

She pouted as the car finally stopped. She was not expecting they would go to another city so she did not ask for food before leaving the restaurant. Her eyes widened as she became a statue when a hand landed on her head, then touched some strands of her hair. He was fixing the knots and putting some behind her ear.

"Are you hungry?"

She looked at him with surprise. Did he read her mind? She let out a breath and awkwardly nodded, feeling embarrassed. He first exited the car, then went to another side, and opened the door for her.

"Let's go."

Pagakalabas ay iginala niya ang paningin. Bagong pintang mga bahay, bagong gawang mga dekorasyon, at mga turistang nagkakalat sa daan. Mabagal na bumukas ang kaniyang bibig.

She knew that place. They were in Katania.

Laura Gomez popped into her mind. The woman was arrested in Katania yet everyone seemed to not care even a bit about it. The smile on every person she could see was the answer. She inwardly sighed.

The city was Arsace's rival for decades. In her past life, she would always see some photocards of new Katania and wished she could go there with the former man of her life, Kalen. She wanted to go with her friends but ended up going to Cayser's resort because the city was still rebuilding at that time.

Now, she was here, and with the person she least expected since the beginning.

Giovanni then held her wrist as they walked to the nearest fast-food chain. Plenty of people lined up to buy but he got the order as soon as they entered. Confused, that's why she took a peak at the person in front.

Her eyes rolled fast as the speed of light when she found a woman on the counter slicking her hair on the back of her ears. There was no way the woman never saw her. Ashanti was not short. She had an above-average height for her age, plus the heels she was wearing. For the last and most obvious, there was no way people would not look at her face. She was the flower of Arsace for a reason.

The disrespect.

But Ashanti only heaved a sigh and turned her eyes away from the worm who was still attempting to act cute to the man beside her. Giovanni still had his stoic face while waiting for his card. The woman beside him was already throwing tantrums, and that was for sure because of hunger.

The eyes of the people in the area were locked on the unique card the cashierer gave to Giovanni. A diamond-made card for the highest-ranked families in the country. Ashanti looked at the girl in the front and gave her a cold stare. The woman nearly dropped the paper bag but Ashanti quickly grabbed it before turning her back to exit the place.

"You feel empty that much after a four-hour trip?"

She did not answer. She took out one of the foods and put it in her mouth with dissatisfaction plastered on her face. He watched her as she finished eating the food, still with a grumpy look. He unconsciously put his thumb on the side of her lips then the back of his hand on her cheeks, trying to take the puffiness away.

Tila nagulat naman siya sa ginawa nito.

"What's the problem?" he asked. Maybe because of what he did, the irritation she had a while ago vanished and she became calm.

She shook her head. "It's nothing."

"We'll stay here until the problem is resolved, Valerina."

Napabuntong hininga siya at iniwas ang tingin. "It's nothing, really. Saan ba tayo pupunta?"

"We should take a stroll at the place while waiting for the celebration to start."

Ashanti formed an 'o' in her mouth as they proceeded and caught people organizing their props on a busy road of Katania. Looked like he was right, there was something about to happen later.

The city was far different from Arsace. It was the same as the small town she and Kalen used to go to on their first date. It was archaic yet looked new. The structures of houses and buildings were classic. Some of the people wore a classy dress the same as what she was currently wearing. If she was a different person looking at herself at the moment, she would think she was from this place.

The stores were selling vintage things such as clothes from brands that didn't exist anymore, and foods people used to buy last decade. She also saw someone selling rotary phones and tube televisions. If Arsace was a city for modern products, then Katania was a city for antics.

Tumigil sila sa isang arcade station na kabubukas lamang. May iilang taong pumasok na agad, at isa sila roon. As soon as they entered, they sensed the old vibes of the place. Mabilis na pumunta si Ashanti sa counter upang bumili ng iilang tokens.

This was the first time they experienced playing old arcades. Madalas ay nasa telepono na agad ang mga laro at oras lamang ang nawawaldas nila. They tried different games, and Giovanni would buy more whenever they got run out of tokens.

They were betting who would win in every game and they had a great time in the place. Giovanni blinked a few times as they exited the arcade station, feeling as if he went back to reality.

He secretly chuckled. At least, even just in a small period, he forgot he was here because of his obligation towards Ashanti.

They started to walk again. It was already five in the afternoon yet the people still had not finished placing the things they would use for the celebration he said a while ago.

Ashanti's eyes landed on the shop not so far away from them. She unconsciously held his hand and pulled him as she walked faster to the place that captured her interest.

She then stopped, her jaw dropped, and the red on her cheeks started to become noticeable. She read the sign in her mind a couple of times. Giovanni was the one who pulled her to the shop after. She then looked at him, and embarrassment ate her as she caught the curve on his lips.

He's laughing at me!

"I thought you want to go inside? Let's go."

She bit her lips before looking down and her feet started to move slowly. Naroon pa rin ng ngiti sa labi ng lalaki. They went inside and the worker assisted them as soon as she saw a customer.

Pasimple siyang tumingin sa paligid. Different designs could be seen on the walls. There was also a big machine in the center.

Kainin na sana siya ng lupa.

The employee gave them a form they should fill to make the product. She wished to back out but he already got a pen and began answering the questions. He also looked livelier. She had no choice but to do her part.

"We have different designs but if you want to wait shorter, you can pick here in our first category."

She shyly looked at the designs on the waver the staff gave to them. Another customer entered so she was left alone with Giovanni.

"Are the designs on your liking, Valerina?"

She narrowed her eyes. "Don't make fun of me, Klaus Giovanni."

An amusement passed on his face. He let out a small laugh hearing what she said. "I'm not. I only followed you towards this shop."

She tried to calm herself by taking out deep breaths and curling her fingers. She was about to cry because of frustration! She had no knowledge of how to defend herself in the current situation because he was right, except that she did not recognize it was a ring shop!

He shuffled her hair. He could not help himself but widen the curve on his lips while watching the maiden. Every time they meet, he would see more expression from her. It was fun to see, and he was glad he could experience seeing it up close.

"It doesn't matter. If you want to buy then it's fine." But it was surprising because the products were inexpensive and bland than what a typical spoiled brat like her would buy.

"Baka kasi isipin mong gagawa tayo ng couple rings..."

He paused, entertained by her statement. "But I never said you'll get one."

Dahil doon ay mas lalong namula ang kaniyang pisngi at hindi makapagsalita. Nakatingin lamang siya sa lalaki habang panay bukas ng kaniyang bibig kahit na alam niyang wala siyang maibabato sa sinabi nito. Tila ba mas lalong nasiyahan ang lalaki sa mga nangyayari.

"You want one? Then we'll get one, or even how many you want."

"No way! Akin na nga iyong flyer!" She stood up, went to the counter to give her form, and said what design she wanted for her ring. After that, she walked towards the exit, not giving a glance to the man.

Maguumpisa na ang selebrasyon. She heard today was the fiesta of Katania from the people passing by. The music was starting to get loud and the dancers began to go to their position. She pouted as she turned to Giovanni, who was talking to the worker. Nang tumingin ito sa kaniya ay mabilis niyang inilihis ang paningin dito.

"It'll take for at least half an hour," Giovanni said as he stood beside her. She neither nod nor said something after. She then walked nearer to the dancers to get a better view since it was already starting to get crowded. He was only following her, with his hand on her back.

The celebration began. It was different from how they celebrate the city's day. In Arsace, they would have a holiday and party like what happened on Rossault's day. In Katania, decorations were hanging on the wire-like strings. The road was crowded and there were full of performers to entertain people.

After a couple of minutes, another dance could be seen. It was familiar to Ashanti, as it was one of the steps they would use when she was still young, training to be a noble. She was head-bopping when one of the dancers took her hand and tried to pull her to the center.

Her eyes enlarged as she looked at the woman then to the other side. She saw other dancers also asking people to dance with them. For the last, she turned her gaze to Giovanni and was about to ask for a help, only to see that he had a proud look on his face while nodding.

Dahil doon ay tuluyang nahila si Ashanti papunta sa mga sumasayaw. Was he serious? Then her eyes narrowed while looking at him.

That man, he was the one who gave a signal to the dancer!

She was cursing at him internally while starting to do the steps. Since she was a trained dancer, it was easy for her to get along with the rest. People watched her with admiration on their faces, and some of them recognized the flower of Arsace, Ashanti Rossault.

Kalaunan ay naging kumportable na si Ashanti na sumayaw sa gitna. Ang ngiti sa kaniyang labi ay isa sa mga patunay. She was moving gracefully, and the viewers could even compare it to the water. She was as if a goddess dancing effortlessly yet supple.

A pair of obsidian eyes were fixed at her. It screamed pride, fondness, and happiness. He had never seen such a beautiful movement until he saw her. Plus, the aura she got made him feel calm yet panic because of the weird feeling he had inside.

That expression was the one he was yearning for her since the beginning. Remembering the first time they met, the present Ashanti was positively different. Looked like everything he had done already got a result. That expression was the one he wished to see on the devastated woman's face from the past.

He wanted her to be happy. He wanted to take her away from the chaos she had before. He desired to see the smile on her face, especially on her eighteenth birthday. He did not want her to experience what she had in the past, so he would be on her side always.

Because she was the only reason he was still breathing.

Only Valerina. Only her.

The vehicle stopped at the entrance of Rossault's mansion. Ashanti put her palm on her face as she remembered what she said to the maid before leaving. She thought she would be back before the dark comes, but it was already ten in the evening.

Ashara texted her a while ago asking where she was. She replied the truth so her parents would not get worried about her. Knowing she was with Giovanni, her father might even agree if she would stay a night in Vercetti's manor.

Nilingon niya ang lalaki. Her eyes widened when she saw Giovanni holding a small box as if he was going to propose to her. Ngunit hindi iyon ang nangyari. Sa dismaya ay padabog niyang kinuha ang kahon na naglalaman ng singsing na ipinagawa niya kanina.

"Thank you for today."

"It should be me. Thank you for today, Valerina."

She nodded as she turned her sight away. Giovanni's forehead furrowed when he saw her action right when he was about to exit the car and open the door for her.

"Is there something wrong?"

She was debating if she would ask him about it or not. She knew a higher chance of his answer was because of collana da donna, but deep inside she wanted him to at least say that he had feelings for her. Was that assuming? Edi iyon na, siya na ang asyumera. But it was just too much for her. The bond they had not only for today but also in previous weeks, it was hard for her to say it was only because the Vercetti's necklace was in her possession.

"Valerina..."

She slowly looked at him. He closed the door and sat again, waiting for her answer. She clasped her hands and let out a deep breath.

"Bakit mo ako ipinunta sa Katania?" The tone of her voice was low but she was confident he heard it clear. He came to be more confused.

"You don't like the city? I'm sorry, I'll erase it to my-"

"Don't return the question to me. It's not I hate it, I just want to know your reason why you picked Katania."

He paused for a couple of seconds. She was presently the one looking at him, waiting for answers.

Please don't say collana da donna!

"I promised to take you to that city, Valerina."

Huh?

Did her hope come true yet failed? She looked at him with slightly parted lips and a creased forehead. "Promised to whom?"

Giovanni's face softened. Again, the curve on his lips formed as he let out the words that would make everything even more doubtful.

"I gave my word to you. You better remember it, Valerina."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 132 8
Reincarnated Series #2 She's an assassin who kills without mercy. Wala siyang awa pagdating sa pagpatay dahil simula pagkabata ay iyon na ang buhay n...
Joseon's Queen By Patricia

Historical Fiction

46K 2.2K 40
"Nasaan ako?" "Lady Yerin!" "Sinong Yerin? Ang pangalan ko ay Yejin. Song. Ye. Jin!" "Hindi siya makaalala." "Lady Yejin!" "Bumalik na ba ako?" "Gust...
3.9K 172 15
What will you do, when one day, out of nowhere, you open your eyes only to find yourself lying in a coffin?
39.9K 2.1K 30
Unti-unti kong ginalaw ang sarili ko pero hindi ko magawa dahil sa sakit ng katawan na nararamdaman ko ngayon. Wait how did I get here? Where am I? W...