Truly Yours 2

Por Berry_Raj

This is a continuation of Part 1 of Truly Yours, and you are encouraged to read Part 1 to better understand t... Más

Imagination 1: Hooked
Imagination 2: The Anti-Hero
Imagination 3: Mad Men
Imagination 4: Jessie, Jessie, Jessie
Imagination 5: Rollercoaster
Imagination 6: Lovevvu Givennu
Imagination 7: All Is Not Well
Imagination 8: Love is Pain
Imagination 9: The Ultimatum
Imagination 10: Love is a Decision
Imagination 11: Please, please, please

Imagination 12: Coimbatore Calling

6.5K 307 99
Por Berry_Raj

Dear Friends,

This must be my one millionth apology. Yours truly went for her second Pfizer jab yesterday and was bedridden for most part of the day. Work was a killer as well this week; hence the very late update. I hope you enjoy this chapter, and I will try to provide more frequent updates this week.

❤️
Berry
_____

Sivaangi brought his face up to see her, and then she asked, "Ashwinney, nambe rendu perum ennode oorukku polaama? Athaan Coimbatore...polaamaa?"

"Huh? Nambe rendu peruma? Deivame, athellam vendaam, Sivaangi maa. Nethaikku nadanthathey innum ennode system-eh vittu pogaley athukkulle nee onnaa Coimbatore polaamannu kaetkuriyaa? Unnoda rowdy thanatthukku alavey illaiyaa?"

"Haha, appadi kedaiyaathu. Pugazh annaa shop openingkkaage Coimbatore poraaru. Ennaiyum Vishaalaiyum avarkoode kootittu porathaa enkitte sollittu irunthaaru. Hmm, naalaikku morning vandile poittu Friday morning vara maathiri plan. Ennakku poganumnnu aasaiyaathaan irunthuchi aanaa namakkulle iruntha problem-eh seri seiyaama eppadi porathunnu orey confusion. Ippothaan ellaam seriaayittu le."

Looking at his watch, Ashwin said, "Actually naan ennode flight-eh miss pannittu inge vandhirukken theriyumaa?"

"Theriyumeh! And I am thrilled you missed it," said Sivaangi grinning like a Cheshire Cat.

"Oh wow, maa...you know what? Right now you remind me of the Annabelle episode...with that smile on your face."

Sivaangi hit him playfully on his upper arm and moved back to sit on the couch.

"Valikuthu, maa. Ouch, ippadiyaa adipaange?"

"Aiyo, sorry sorry...." said Sivaangi apologetically and caressed his arm to soothe the pain she caused.

"It's okay, it's okay. I wanted to go to Coimbatore mainly because I could not bear being here and not talk to you or see you, Sivaangi maa. And I also wanted to visit my family before I go away for the shoot. So tell you what...I'll still proceed with my plan and book a flight for later today. After you are there with Pugazh and Vishal tomorrow, we will plan something...eppadi?"

Sivaangi nodded and clapped her hands excitedly. "That sounds great! But Ashwin...I have not sought my parents' go-ahead for the trip. Pugazh anna will talk to them after I tell him that I am coming. Avange onnum solla maataangannu nenaikkuren."

"Hmm, are you sure they will let you go, maa?"

"I am pretty confident, Ashwinney. Kadavul setting mela ennakku mulusa nambikkai irukku! But don't let this deter your trip, okay? I understand that you want to spend time with your family, so just go ahead. If I make it, that's just a bonus...a bonus for me really...to see you on your home turf and spend time with you," said Sivaangi, tilting her head and giving him a soft, melting smile through her lips and eyes.

Gifting her with the same tender smile that spread to his pink-tinted cheeks, Ashwin said, "I hope you come, maa. Hmm, shall we see the flight timings?"

With the pandemic affecting domestic flights, Ashwin booked the only other flight available at 5pm that day. Just as he was done with the booking, Mrs Krishnan came out of her room. Ashwin looked at the time on his phone and realised forty-five minutes had passed at her house. He had forgotten entirely about Santhanam, who was waiting for him. Ashwin got up and handed the empty glass to Mrs Krishnan and thanked her profusely. "Thanks so much, Ma'am."

"Pesiteengala, Ashwin? Ellaam solve ah? Solve aayiduchunnu sollunge illenna ennaale inthe Sivaangiyode thollaiye thaangamudiyaathu," teased Mrs Krishnan.

Ashwin laughed while Sivaangi sneered at her mother. Hmmmph! Ennai damage pannalenaa nambe ammakku thookamey varaathey. Aanaalum parvaale, nambe amma thaane. Anthe deivam senja helpukku adutha oru varushathukku avange yennai kanna pinaannu kalaaikkalaam.

Sivaangi's sneer changed into a fond smile as she recalled how her mother made it possible for Ashwin and her to talk things out in the middle of their living room. Yes, nambe amma deivamthaan. One year yenna, two yearskku yennai kalaaikkattum.

Sivaangi's mind voice was admiring her mother while Ashwin was assuring her that they had sorted matters and were now fine.

"Haha, ippo ellaam okay Ma'am. Thanks so much once again, " responded Ashwin with a blush.

He continued, "Unge veetukku varathukku konjam koochamaathaan irunthuchi. But ingeh vanthone ennaku irunthe hesitation ellaam appdiye kaanaame poyiduchi. Thanks to you and Sivaangi, Ma'am. By the way, is uncle alright?"

Mrs Krishnan blinked at the personable chap standing in front of her asking after her husband, who had laundered him inside out yesterday. Such a good-natured boy, he is.

Tapping his arm, she said, "Uncle is all good, Ashwin. Naan solren, neenge rendu perum koodiya seekiram meet pannuveenge...under happier circumstances. You wait and see whether my words come true, seriya?"

"I hope for the same too, Ma'am. Thank you so much for your kind words."

Sivaangi interjected, "Ashwinney! Ithode neenge oru hundred thank yous solliyirupeenge."

"Ava kedakkuraa...Neenge lunch saapteengala, Ashwin?"

"Not yet, Ma'am. Actually naan inge cab-lethaan vandhen. Driver anna ennakaage wait pannittu irukkaaru. Ten minutes-le varennu sollittu ippo one hour aayiduchu. Neenge lunchnnu sonnonna-thaan driver annaavum saaptirukka maataarunnu yennakkey nenappu vanthuchu. Naan mothale kelamburen, Ma'am."

"Okay, okay, Ashwin...Ungale paathathule rhombe santhosham, pa. Take care pannikkonge. Koodiya seekiram paakalaam."

Ashwin walked out of the house with the two women following closely behind him. He stopped at the porch and thanked Mrs Krishnan again, much to Sivaangi's amusement. She giggled only to have Ashwin throw a knowing look at her. Ashwin figured that Sivaangi was cracking up over the number of times he had thanked her mother, and he shook his head at her.

"Bye, Binni Ma'am. Bye, Sivaangi maa." He unlatched the gate and turned around to wave at them once more before walking away towards his cab.

As his figure disappeared, Sivaangi's missing pangs started, and she was already planning the activities they could do in Coimbatore. Hugging her mother, she went inside the house and made a note to call Pugazh as soon as possible to share her decision to accompany him to Coimbatore.

___

Santhanam was napping when he heard someone tapping on the car window. Ashwin was back and looking very apologetic. Smiling groggily, Santhanam unlocked the car for Ashwin to get in.

"Annaa, sorry. Rhombe late aayiduchi, so sorry. Rhombe neramaa wait pannittu iruntheenge. Ungalukku pasikkutha?"

"Paravaale, thamby. Ungallukku wait panre timela naan joraa thoongittuthaan irunthen. Ippothaan oru maniye aaguthu...epppadi pasikkum? Naanthaan moonu manikku saapttu palakka pattavanaache. Seri neenga sollunge aduthu yenge ponnum?"

"Airportukku vandiye edunge, na. Ennakku anji manikku flight."

"Oh, innum neraiya time irukkura maathiri theriyuthu. Ungalukku pasikuthaa, thamby? Yethaavathu hotel-kku kootittu potaa?"

"Vendaan, na. Ennode systemmum ungalode system maathiri moonu manikku saapttu palakka pattadhu. Pasichathunaa naan airportle yethaavadhu vaangi saaptukkuren."

Looking at a happier Ashwin through the rearview mirror as he started the car, Santhanam commented, "Thamby, pona kaariyam sumoogamaa mudinjuthunnu nenaikkuren.  Ithukku munnadi illaathe kalai ippo unge face-laiyum voice-laiyum nallaa theriyudhu."

Santhanam could see the sides of Ashwin's eyes crinkling as he smiled broadly behind his mask and felt happy for him as he would for his own brother.

After all, Santhanam, having lived a hard life from his birth, knew that everything will be okay in the end. For it's not okay, it's not the end.

___

After sending Ashwin off, Sivaangi and her mother indulged in a lunch of thayir saadham and potato chips together while chatting about their upcoming skits and recitals. Sivaangi wanted to ease in the information about the Coimbatore trip with Pugazh and admit that Ashwin would be visiting his family simultaneously. Some slight hesitation laid within her as she did not want her mother to think that she was taking advantage of her mother's support. A the same time, Sivaangi could not afford to get caught with more lies to her loved ones. Cracks in the trust will lead to cracks in the relationships she valued more than anything.

"Maa, thayir saadham rhombe nallaa irukkule?"

Mrs Krishnan, who was just going to take a mouthful of the saadham they consumed five out of seven days, stopped midway and looked at her daughter. There was probably more thayir saadham than blood running through Sivaangi's veins, and she still had a fresh appreciation for it.

"Kodeeswari aunty innaikku konjam extra curry leaves potturukkaange, Sivaangi," came Mrs Krishnan's tongue-in-cheek reply.

"Oh, curry leaves extra pottaa taste koodummaa?" asked Sivaangi innocently. The wonders of cooking, she thought. 

"Anthe show-le ithellam kathukodukkalaiyaa? Show-ve vidu, Ashwinaavathu sollikoduthiruppaareh."

"Tsk. Po maa!"

Mrs Krishnan chuckled.

"Maaaaaa, maaaa."

"Yenna? Chips nallaa irukkunnu solla poriyaa?"

"Maaaa, Pugazh anna naalaikku Coimbatore poraaraam...Naalaikku poitu, Friday morning vanthuduvaaru. Avarode vandilaiye poitu, vandilaiye vara maathiri. Ennaiyum, Vishalaiyum kootittu porathaa sonnaaru. Unge kitte check pannittu avar kitte okay sollalaamnnu nenaichen."

"Vishal thambyum koode varutha? Hmm..."

"Aamaa, Pugazh annaa Vishalkitte kettutaaraannu theriyale. Vishal varaano illaiyo, naan poittu varenne maa. Jolly-ah irukkum. Pugazh anna ennai nalla paathuppaaru. Unnakkuthaan theriyume...Maduraikku ponappo avaru unnai ennaiyum eppadi paathukittarunnu."

"Ennakku okay thaan, Sivaangi. Aanaa nee thaniyaa porathu...Hmmm, unge appakittaiyum kelu. Athuthaan seri."

"Maaaa, innoru vishyam. Naange pora timela...erm... Ashwinnum Coimbatore-le thaan iruppaaru. Avar innaikku avarode family-eh paaka ange poraaru. Unnakku okay thaaneh?"

Raising her eyebrows, Mrs Krishnan said, "Ithe modhale solaame...Yen ponnu nejamaave kedi-dhaan."

Sivaangi grinned sheepishly at that. Mrs Krishnan continued with her lunch while evaluating Sivaangi's request. She was not comfortable sending her young daughter by herself on a trip with anyone, be it her god-brother, best friend or the much-liked Ashwin.

"Sivaangi, nee porathule yennakku entha oru problemmum kedaiyaathu. Pugazh, Vishal, Ashwin...ellaarum unnai nalla paathuppaangannu naan namburen aanaa unnai thaniyaa anuppa ennakku oru maari irukku. So naanum unkoode varen....Naan vandhaa innum jollyaa irukkumle?" said Mrs Krishnan with a cute, smug smile.

Sivaangi was genuinely ecstatic on hearing that her mother wanted to accompany her.

"Maaaaa, neeyum vaa! Super fun-ah irukkum! Ashwinnum Pugazh annaavum nambale suthi kaatuvaangennu nenaikkuren...One two days thaan ange iruppom, paakalaam eppadi poguthunnu. Ooooh! Shopping polaam maa...neeyum naanum kammal shopping poyee evalo naalaachi-le? Nee engekoode varathu sema idea!"

"Haha...Seri, appa veetukku varattum, naaneh ithe patthi avarkitte pesuraen. Naan poi kaiye alambittu, music classkku readyaaguren. Kodeeswari aunty-eh kashta paduthaame, neeye un thatte kaluvi vachiru sollitten."

Sivaangi helped herself to another generous helping of curd rice as her mother walked to the kitchen. Her appetite was renewed in anticipation of the fun trip tomorrow. Kadavul settingthaan ithellaam! Coimbatore was calling her name loud and clear.

___

The uncomfortable airport seat hurt Ashwin's back, and he had to keep adjusting his posture. Another three hours before his flight, but he didn't think it would be possible to catch a nap on that cold, metal seat that was obviously designed to prevent long-term sleepers. He took out a wool sweater from his bag and wore it over his t-shirt. Hunger pangs were just starting to torment him and he bought himself milk and cookies.

Looking around the almost empty airport, Ashwin empathised with the employees, who seemed to have reduced by half. He sat at a lonely corner and ate his lunch while listening to his favourite ARR songs.

He was yet to inform his family of his arrival as he wanted it to be a surprise. Ashwin briefly wondered if he would have to reencounter Divya and brushed that thought off almost immediately. So what? He did not care for her. She was as good as being invisible to him.

On the other hand, he cared too much for Sivaangi. They were both on the extreme ends of the spectrum. Yet again, Ashwin had never allowed anyone to be in the middle. He either loved them deeply or did not care for them. The latter would usually be met with purposeful silence, while the former is generally exposed to his protectiveness and love.

He opened his WhatsApp and sent Sivaangi a lengthy message.

"Thank you for being who you are, Sivaangi maa. That's what made me fall in love with you; that's what makes me love you more every day. Once again, I am genuinely sorry to have behaved the way I did. It's been barely two weeks since we got together, and my behaviour yesterday was a far cry from what love is. I promise that will never happen again, and you will know that in time to come. I do not declare things I do for my loved ones openly, but you will know Sivaangi maa; only YOU will know where you stand in my heart and life."

"I am already at the airport waiting and going to try to close my eyes for a bit. Nudge you before I board."
___

"Hello annaaa!"

"Hello da chellakutty! Phone attend panna porennu sollittu two hourskku kaanaameh poitte? Annan mela mariyaathaiyeh illaameh pochu." joked Pugazh.

"Haiyoo, unge thangachi appadiyaa na? Phone attend pannittu vettule velaiyaa irunthen...athaan."

"Chumma di! Naan Vishal kitte pesittaen. Avan enkoode kandippa varaanaam. Unnakkum okay va?"

"Annaa, naanum Ammavum varom! Ungalukku okay thaaneh?"

"Avange ennoda thaai. En thaai enkoode varathule ennakku rhombe santhosham di. Nambe vandi perusu, ac irukku...nallaa comfortable-ah poitu varalaam. Appavum thambyaiyum koopdu, avangalum varattum."

When Pugazh said 'Appa', Sivaangi's heart skipped a beat. If her father came, her heart would skip beating entirely. Worse still, if her father knew that Ashwin was in Coimbatore, her heart will voluntarily eject itself from her body. She then remembered that she didn't discuss with her mother whether to tell her father about Ashwin being in Coimbatore. Maybe she should check with her mother once her music class ends.

"Appavum Sundarummaa? Avange vara maatanga na. Yaenna avangalukku college, events laam irukku. Ammavode music classes-saiyyum appathaan take over pannanum. Nambe mattum poyittu varuvom na! Ammaveh appaakitte solliduvaange."

"Super, super di. Seri, naalaaikku oru yezhu manikku ungale naan pick up pannikkiran. Kaalaiyile start pannittaa, oru rendu moonu manikkelaam senthudalaam."

"Ayioh, avalo neramaa? Annaaa!"

"Adiyeh...neethaan Coimbatorekaari-aache...yellaam poyiralaam. Madurai mattum enna? Kittathatta avalo neramthaaneh pudichuthu. Seri, paapaa...naan shootingle irukken...break time ippothaan mudinjuthu...unnai naalaikku paakuren seriya?"

"Okay na...Bye."

After ending the call, Sivaangi went to the living room to wait for her mother to finish her music class. She looked at the time on her phone - her mother should be out in another few minutes.

Ashwin's message notification caught her eye then, and she clicked on it.

His message. It made her giddy. Ah, the bliss of reading a message sealed with love. Sivaangi read it a few times, especially the last line...

"but you will know Sivaangi maa; only YOU will know where you stand in my heart and life."

She trusted Ashwin blindly and knew his actions yesterday were motivated by his love for her. She already knew where she stood when he called her upon receiving her ultimatum and missed his flight to see her.

Warmth filled her senses, and she closed her eyes and smiled to herself, holding the phone to her chest.

"Sivaangi, yenna sonthamaa sirichittu irukke?"

Sivaangi opened her eyes to see her father standing in front of her.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

2.6K 205 18
Hello ashaangians.. it's my 1st story.. I've read many stories so just thought to give a try.. this story based on real life ashaangi and with little...
182K 22K 113
Love can make anyone think crazy, isn't it? These two are not exceptions too. But the only difference is that he couldn't see her with romantic inter...
294K 26K 60
From Strangers to Soulmates! What if two people had different reason for denying the same thing, MARRIAGE? That's what happened in Ashok & Nithya's l...
230K 11.5K 32
"Sivaangi, You have my heart ma. It is beating for you. Can you feel that? I want to travel with you forever like this. Will you be mine Sivaangi Kri...