Walking The Wrong Path

By Kirisakiyuu

After Bell's familia is killed in front of his very eyes, he abandons the desire of becoming a hero, seeking... More

A Pained Scream
a few things I should point out
The Mask of Happiness
A Moment of Weakness
Disposal of Trash
Untitled Part 6
Exposed and Trials
A Relaxing Day
Trouble Rising
Untitled Part 11
Condensation
Working Hard
First Time
Revival
Gathering Forces
The Announcement
Chapter 17: Getting Ready
Chapter 18: Resurrection
Chapter 19: Victory
Chapter 20: Marriage

The Cursed Blacksmith

2.5K 38 5
By Kirisakiyuu

It was morning time. Bell awoke beside Riveria in the morning on the roof. It was one of the nights where he actually got some sleep. The voice and he had harmony within now. It was peaceful for him. Thankfully he was the first to wake up so he carried her to her room an tucked her in bed. He went down to the yard with his weapons to train. He was forbidden from the dungeon for a few more days, but nothing stopped him from training.

Bell "Let's get to it," He said as he remembered the fluidity his body had two weeks ago. He swayed side to side and started hitting imaginary targets. His leg movement had gotten somewhat weaker but it didn't hinder him much. He had about 2 hours before everyone else awaken so he decided to quickly go for a check up with Amid and ask if he could go to the dungeon a bit earlier. His skin had been crawling, he wanted to fight.

At the Dian Cecht

Amid " absolutely not," she was adamant.

Bell "but look, I have more or less healed, I can't wait another 3 days!"

Amid "no means no. At the very least you mush rest for today, even if you go tomorrow, you cannot go beyond the 18th floor."

Bell's face lit up like a light bulb "sure. You said so remember that ok?" he said as he left.

Amid just sighed thinking about how much of a pain he was since he kept on wanting to go to the dungeon. It was still fairly too early to go back to the home so Bell just decided to stroll around. He was walking around in Babel as shop owners started to set up their stands and something caught his eye. It wasn't anything fancy, just a small brooch to wear on the cape. It was the shape of a small silver Bell and he just smiled about it. He thought of who it would suit and soon Riveria came to mind. His cheeks pinkened a bit as he slapped himself to keep his thoughts on track.

Man "oh young man, I see you have great taste, this brooch is a very good accessory to give your loved one, what is your name?"

Bell "it's Bell, how ironic," he smiled to himself as he bought it and kept it with him. He wanted to give this to her, so that he was with her at all times. He wanted to be with her but he couldn't, he was too weak and too hellbent to get revenge to be with her. This was just of sentimental value to him. She had helped him break his curse and now it was only fair that he gave something back. As family.

Bell returned to the familia home.

Finn "hi Bell where were you?"

Bell "oh I went to Amid to ask if I could go back to the dungeon since I am tired of waiting."

Finn "but... Bell, you've been awake for only one day." he chuckled

Bell "yeah and that's one too many I wanna fight."

Finn chuckled at the battle maniac logic and told him to come for breakfast.

Bell "hey Loki, since you know I fought that colossal goliath (Not Juggernaut) I think I should be ready to level up." Everyone dropped their spoons at once.

Riveria "y-you are ready to level up again?"

Lefiya "h-he's level 5 now, he keeps going ahead of me."

Loki "sure brat, I don't mind let's go."

At Loki's room

Loki "ok let's see how yer doing."

Bell Cranel level 5

Title: Rabbit's foot

Str: 0

Vit: 0

Dex: 0

Agi: 0

Mag: 0

Magic:

Firebolt

Dual Elemental control

Skills

Lliaris Freese

Bloodthirst (2)

Argodrive

development skills:

Luck: A

and all the other ones he has on canon.

Loki screamed "WE HAVE A LEVEL 5 RABBIT IN HERE," as everyone else soon poured in. Some jealous, some happy and congratulative.

Bell "thanks guys,"

Loki "oh yeah, our rabbit is the perfect transport from now on." Everyone looked puzzled.

Bell "what do you mean?"

Loki grinning "ya can teleport now, anywhere ya want or somewhere ya marked and ya can do it every two hours."

Bell "nice, that's gonna help, now anyone that can help me decide what I should do for the rest of the day?"

Finn "I mean I saw you use your weapons against the black goliath, maybe take it for maintenance?" he suggested.

Bell "u-uhh, well cough, I don' think I can do that." he said nervously as he shifted his attention around places.

Finn now intrigued "oh and why is that?" This put Bell in a dangerous position, he would have to reveal the secret behind his swords and I doubt Finn would just let him continue using them as is.

Bell furiously trying to think of anything to change the topic with found an idea "oh the blacksmith for it has, uh, left Orario, for a bit," He said nervously.

Riveria however, looked at him sternly before saying in a strict voice "you bought pre made weapons, I don't remember you making a contract either," Bell had been metaphorically and literally backed into a corner, he was sweating profusely when Loki decided to end it. Like a spike being shoved up Bell's ass she revealed the blades' secret.

Loki "keep it down will ya. The brat's blades are cursed to no end, there are ya happy now? Leave so I can drink." Bell's soul left his body at that moment.

Bell "Loki you bi-" he was cut off by the anger coming from Riveria and Finn.

Finn pissed off "yeah, mind explaining that Bell?"

Riveria "you have been using cursed weapons? DO you want to die?"

Bell turning into a cornered white rabbit "i-in my defence, the swords haven't killed me,"

Lefiya tacked on "yet." That was the end, there was hell to pay so Bell just ducked and made a run for it. As he went down the stairs, he could see the members look at him weird but quickly their looks turned into that of horror as they saw the chasing Finn and Riveria. They were practically oozing bloodlust.

Finn "Come back here right now Bell. I will buy you weapons instead, forget about those sword," he said as chased him

Riveria "I will buy you the best armor, just come here we won't hurt you." she also screamed.

Bell sweating "oh hell no, the way you two are looking at me says otherwise."

Riveria and Finn in unison "nonsense!"

Bell was chased around for 20 mins as he went around the manor and then decided to go to the guild's private window entrance out of their to Eina's office since he knew she would be at the guild.

It was a hot day in Orario today the sun was shining brighter than it usually would.

Eina's POV

Eina "whew it's such as hot day today thank God the guild has showers here." she said in relief. She really needed it today.

She was taking in the feeling of the cool water falling on her skins when her elven senses picked an ominous prescence. She turned around, suddenly a white haired boy walks out.

Bell walked out and as he turned round he saw the naked body of a now blushing Eina and he turned red as hell.

Bell "d-damn,, h-hey Eina how you doing?" He said as e covered his eyes. He had seen it all. Her curvaceous figure and her rather big breasts. It took all control for him to not look again as he simply turned around and waited for Eina.

Bell thought as he fear the worst 'yep, this is it for me. She is gonna kill me, don't worry guys It seems I am coming over to see you soon' as an imaginary tear fell from his eyes.

Eina pissed off but also embarrassed said in a tone laced with poison "Bell kun..."

Bell fuc- and then he turns around but still looking down "h-hi Eina, fancy meeting you here," what the hell BELL that was the dumbest thing to say, you idiot. Eina sighed "how the hell did you do that?" Surprised Bell accidentally looked up only to be met by a punch from Eina.

Bell like a damn pervert "Eina did you shave?" and that just pissed of Eina as she continued to punch him in the face, although it didn't do much since he was a level 5. After Eina herself got tired, she just said "you have no tact, where is the innocent Bell I knew of?" she said with a pout.

Bell just quipped back "it's in the dungeon can you go and get it," he said as he earned a glare from Eina, and then he tried to change the subject, "h-hey I got some good news," he said as he held up a piece of paper and Eina's shoulders slumped.

Eina stuttering in an emotion I cannot describe "y-you level u-up again?" she asked as she was quivering and Bell just nodded. Eina basically screaming now "OH COME ONE I JUST FINISHED IN HELPING MISHA WITH HER PAPERWORK AND NOW THIS?"

Misha down the hall hearing her scream burst in the showers.

Misha "Eina are you alrigh- oh I am sorry to disturb," she said covering her mouth with a hand as she slowly back out. Eina quickly got clothed and told Bell to go out the window and come in the normal way round.

Bell however, didn't have a reason to come back so once he was out, he just decided to walk around. However, as he was doing that, he noticed that his blades could use a bit of maintenance. But the problem is that since its a cursed blade, no one would want to touch it, so he just had no choice but look for this Rochelle person.

Bell walking up to some random dude in the blacksmith district "hey uh do you know someone called Rochelle?" he tried to be polite while, the guy turned pale and ran away saying "It's another mercenary for the demon splitter." Ok first of all, what's up with that.

Bell decided to just use the person's nickname and each and every goddamn time, everyone kept running away. Until, he finally reached a workshop. It was called Wolke 9 (Cloud 9 in German), he found it a bit weird and saw a girl with a decent build walk out with a crate full of junk. She had a grim and emotionless look on her face as if she just didn't react to anything. Then he spotted her breasts that were sitting on the crate as if being carried along as well. By God were they massive, Eina did not begin to even compare to it. It was almost like Demeter's but more plump. Bell's cheeks became a bit pink and he calmed himself down.

Bell thought to himself 'not gonna lie might have to use bloodthirst to keep myself in check her' as he walked up to her who was by now staring at him. Then she spotted his swords and dropped her crate to walk up to him.

? "Why do you have these swords?" they asked menacingly as they quite literally shoved themselves into his face.

Bell backing away a bit "w-well I payed for them duh," he said, sounding more careless than rude.

? "these swords I made are cursed do you want to die?" she asked however, there was no change in her facial expression.

Bell's face calming down a bit "well... I never really cared if I died, besides these two are the best weapons I hade in my life, allowed me to even fight against that beast on floor 18." he aid with a smile on his face. "Are you Rochelle perhaps?"

Rochelle "yes I am, wait... don't tell me you are rabbit's foot?" she said in shock while the only change in expression was her eyes, Bell just giggled at her similarity with Ais, "yes, yes I am, I have to say your weapons are perfect, do you think you would want to do a bit of maintenance on them?"

Rochelle surprised "fine, I don't mind but I have a condition, you have to let me go to the dungeon with you," Bell cringed at the immense deja vu but just nodded and agreed. Bell gave the swords to Rochelle who went into the workshop. It was neither cluttered nor spotless, it was a healthy mix of the two with books on shelves. Bell liked this atmosphere, it reminded him of Welf, too much time had passed and he didn't even notice Rochelle had finished.

Rochelle "here are the swords, I will exempt you from the fees since you are basically entering a contract with me," she said but Bell furiously twisted his head side to side, forcing the payment onto her and giving her about 500,000 valis. (Basically a shit ton of money) "what the hell? This is worth 50 maintenance sessions."
Bell "just take it as down payment, anyhow, shall we go?"

Rochelle confused "go where?" Bell relaxed his shoulders as if it was asking a dumb question before saying "the dungeon obviously."

Rochelle stopped and asked "don't we need to wait for your party?" to which Bell just shook his head, "I work solo, either way that's not the main point, tell me a bit about yourself, well anything you are comfortable with me knowing."

Rochelle "My name Rochelle Norstadt, I am a level 3, alias is Iblis, I prefer to use a warhammer and my three sizes are 98-" Bell stopped her right there by saying "Stop, stop, stop... I don't need to know that bit." So Rochelle stopped. She was a bit shocked at how Bell was fairing with her. Most would call her unsociable ort awkward but he was carrying the conversation very well so she asked "are you not going to ask anything?" Bell turned around to look at her as if asking 'wtf are you on about?' before he just said "I don't need to ask, we all have secrets, I won't pry for things you don't want to say, but if I do say so myself, a curiosity would be how the hell did you manage to create these master class weapons, they were going for 100k valis, I would pay 10M if I had to," he said as he held the guard. As if caressing a new born baby, he gave it the utmost care.

Truthfully, there wasn't much maintenance to be done, the blade was kept in pristine condition as if it was being tucked into bed like a child. Most wouldn't even touch her swords but here was a fool willing enough to not only use them but also praise her skills. Rochelle smiled ever so slightly and quickly went back but this was not missed by Bell, "ah you just smiled, thanks it makes me happy to know you can smile," he said while, having a sudden burst to his steps.

Rochelle "why does it matter whether I can smile or not?" but Bell just smiled brightly, "well, I know someone like you, two people actually, they both went through some stuff, assuming you went through your own painful experience, I like the fact that you still have the feeling to smile even if only momentarily." Rochelle was... how would you describe it?... Baffled.
Rochelle "what a weird man you are?" she said and Bell just laughed with not response. She found him a cheery and charismatic person, someone who is humble yet has the power to decimate anyone who threatened things he considered precious.

At the dungeon

Bell and Rochelle were about to enter the dungeon when a certain high elf stopped them.

Riveria had sweat pouring down her head "Bell. I told you, forget those weapons, they are cursed. You will die." Bell had a nervous smile as he kept moving backwards and Riveria kept pushing on.

Bell "yeah, but I like these swords, they are unique and better than any weapon I could receive," but Riveria didn't budge, "listen Bell. We convinced Hephaistos herself, she will make you two swords and a complete set of durandal light armor, just stop trying to keep that." However, Bell was adamant, "even If Hephaistos came to beg me, I still would use them, the person who made them deserves all the respect they can get."

Riveria stopping from chasing Bell around "why do you care? You don't even know who made them," she said thinking she had won but then Bell just points towards Rochelle. First things Riveria noticed was her stoic face that looked just like Ais and then the second were the massive watermelons she was carrying on her chest. Riveria made an O face as she jerked backwards.

Bell pointing out "it was very rude of you to insult my contracted blacksmith like that Riv," as Riveria fixed up tore her eyes away from the big cannons and looked at Bell, "it still does not change the fact that you can die Bell, we can't let an executive like just die," she said while she felt a bit of jealousy as she unconsciously compared her sizes to Rochelle, very secretively though, however, Bell noticed and smiled.

Bell deciding to reassure her "don't worry, she is gonna come to the dungeon with me so at least I'll have help," he smirked as he went next to Riveria's ears, "don't worry yours are pretty good, you have nothing to be shamed of, Riv-chan," he said in a playful tone and then she went into full blush mode as Rochelle just stood shocked. She had heard passing rumours about the Loki's royalty elf, how she was mature and was called the 'fierce mother' who never reacted to anything yet here she was blushing like a 14 year old from what Bell said.

Riveria however, was not amused. She was happy at the compliment but not at the comparison so she punched Bell. While, you would expect him to be blown unconscious he was now a level 5. As an evident shockwave from the punch of a level 6 emerged, Bell coughed a bit. "Thank Loki that I can survive that, either way Riv see you later." He said waving as he already started walking while, Rochelle... was just dumbfounded. She had seen many unbelievable things in the past hour. Someone had been genuinely interested in her cursed work, they seemed kind and showed compassion, that certain someone also rejected a full set of weapons and armors to be made from Hephaistos and even made the 'fierce mother' start to blush. Bell Cranel, just who was he?

However, a part of her impression on him was proven gravely wrong. His kindness. He had radiated with a charming light but the second they entered the dungeon floor, he changed. His eyes grew dull and almost lifeless as if they never cared for a thing. He was basically leaking his murderous intent, the lower floor monsters were too scared to approach, heck even Rochelle was slightly afraid. What had happened to the calm and kind rabbit that was with her just now, who is the person with her right now? She pondered while, she had an obvious look of fear. Bell noticing it said in a monotonic voice "sorry, but you have to get used to this when we are in the dungeon, this... just happens to me, I can't control it," he said but it sounded more like a threat than an apology.

Rochelle nodded as she now understood the true nature of his style of fighting. Bell however, clarified one thing, "I am technically still recovering, I am not supposed to be here so let's not go beyond the 18th floor." He said as he started mowing down monsters in sight. To Rochelle who had trained eyes, she could see his movements although barely. They were beautiful but deadly. He had a certain, fluidity in him, he could easily go to the deeper floors and come back just fine if he had decent weapons with him. Rochelle's gaze was however, disrupted as she heard a minotaur approaching. She reacted quickly using her warhammer, she swung with great force not so much speed but it was good enough to stun the monster as its attacked was warded off. Suddenly, Bell chanted "Reinheriar," as lightning gathered at his feet and sword he sped into a flash that couldn't be tracked and the minotaur's head came clean off before it turned into dust. Bell stopped and skidded around with a smile, "we seem to be able to work well." he said happily somehow he had this grin on his face everytime he fought. As if he loved it so much, he liked a challenge whenever he could get one. Rochelle nodded, "Your speed is something else, I couldn't even track you." She looked at his white blade, not a single drop of blood. It was clean as if it had not even come into contact with a single monster.

They ended the day soon after butchering more monsters until the 17th floor and made their way back to trade in their magic stones. It was all fine and good until a certain half elf stomped up to Bell. As if she didn't even know that he was a level 5.

Eina with a cross on her head, "Bell Cranel, how was it, where were you when I told you to come around?" Rochelle looked confused and noticed she doesn't know the context but does see how Bell's cheeks reddened, "w-well, I kinda came to run away from Riveria, so afterwards I r-really had no reason to come back," he stuttered backing away. Eina just looked at him as if she wanted to strangle him then sighed, "well whatever, I can't even say anything, you came to give in your magic stones right? Go ahead put them on the tray," she said as Bell proceeded to do so. Eina sighed "well whatever, guess I will start working again, also Bell kun," she paused jsut looking at him, "how many girls are you going to seduce befroe you are satisfied?" she asked plainly as Bell just dropped his money.

Bell just looked ticked off "she is my blacksmith, alslo what do you mean how many? I haven't seduced anyone," he said adamantly. Rochelle clocked. He doesn't notice how much of a chick magnet he is does he? Bell then walked out as Rochelle followed him. He then split the money in half and gave it to Rochelle. She just stared at it, "are you sure? All I did was just knock around a few minotaurs," Bell just smiled as he just said, "it's fine, if you didn't stun them I could've been dead, you saved me."

Rochelle felt a sudden tug in her heart. A single tear that she was not aware of flowed down her eye. For the first time in her life someone had said that she saved them. She spent her entire life being called cursed, she thought that if she made weapons for the brave adventurers who go to risk their lives everyday, then she will earn the acknowledgement of others. She wanted her identity to be more than just a curse. But... it never came. Her swords had been the cause of other deaths, she could not control it. Soon she became someone known as the cursed blacksmith, she gave up. She had lost all hope and locked away her emotions. But now she had met a strang man, who went against all norms. At times he was a hypocrite, then he was an innocent rabbit and also a ruthless yet protective fighter. She felt admiration, felt that her purpose was clear.

Bell on the other hand, was practically pissing himself, why was she crying? Did he say anything to hurt her? "ummm... Rochelle san why are you crying?" He panicked around. Rochelle seeing him fuss about made her giggle a bit, to which Bell stood there shocked before calming down. He knew what happened. So he furthered his cases, "Rochelle san, never let anyone call you a curse. You don't cause people to die, no matter what others say, it's up to me to choose how I see your masterpieces," he complimented as Rochelle only nodded but with a slight smile this time.

While going back to the Twilight Manor, he was stopped by Ottarl. Bell was slightly shocked by is sudden prescence but understood why her was there. "Do you want to get started now, King?" He said, as Ottarl reflexively moved back a bit, from his aura. Although Bell could barely even harm Ottarl, his ability to cross any borders was obvious to Ottarl. To him, he was just following Freya's wishes, but soon it became a source of amusement. He could see Bell's progress every night, he continued to train him, in hopes that he will soon have a rival to fight against as an equal. So what does the slightly happy Ottarl do? He simply nods. So they went to their usual training spot.

Bell let loose. His bloodthirst skill taking over. It releasing a dark and tainted red aura from his body which would make even the first class fighter's shiver. Ottarl kept cool, although taken aback he was ready, but today he wanted more. "Rabbit's foot, use your magic. Not the dark magic but the lightning one." Wanting to try a challenging speed. Although it fell on deaf ears. Today Bell intended to go all out. After all, he levelled up and what better way to test out than be battered around by the strongest person in the city.

Bell took off in speed. He cast Reinheriar and his speed multiplied. He moved behind Ottar and was about to swing his sword when Ottar suddenly looked back and threw a full power punch at his gut. Bell barely managed to block but the impact sent him flying into a wall. Bell coughed "do you mind, people are trying to sleep." he said with a smirk on his face. He launched himself forward and took out his second sword and started swinging violently. Not recklessly, but not without a motive either. He planned the next step as Ottar countered each strike. Then, the gold moment came. Bell used the one time trick. As he pretended to strike down, Ottar raised his sword. Only for Bell, to let go of his sword and catch it by the hand going up from below. He was going to use his lightning to his best manipulation and he striked up, scratching Ottar's chin as he barely dodged and didn't hold back as he released a barrage of blows on Bell's body. Bell passed out from the pain. He was done in and hard. When he awoke, his body was sore all around. You could see several bruises on his neck, back and generally all over, he sighed, "Well I guess more turtleneck shirts in this heat." He had to cover his bruises, if his familia knew that he was getting training from Ottar, then they would literally tie him up before going to sleep.

Ottar "or you could use potions." 

Bell tried to sneak back in to his familia home but stopped in his tracks. There on the front step was a high elf sitting with her face on her hands, a few bags under her eyes. Finn next to her, book in hand as he looked up and sighed in an emotion Bell couldn't define. Either way, he knew shit was going to go down. As he braced for a scolding, Riveria went up to him and when we closed his eyes. She tore his shirt away. 'sHI-'

Riveria's POV

Riveria had been exasperated alongside Finn. Bell kept coming home late. In training he kept wearing turtlenecks and sweat profusely but never took them off. He would get tired easily and didn't have the great stamina that Ais said he did. So she became suspicious, and now there was proof. The reason. Why he wore heavy clothing? Why he never had any energy in the morning? Finn sighed, "I can't believe you Bell," he said. Riveria kept quiet.
There stood Bell Cranel, his body battered with scars. He had bruises all over, it looked as if a child took a purple marker and started drawing on him. It was gruesome. Riveria felt so betrayed. She trusted him to take care of himself. To at least keep himself in check to not overwork. However, right in front of her was a man that she perhaps loved. A man who had taken her trust and thrown it back at her face. Even through all this all she could do was slap Bell in the face as hard as she could. She concentrated all of her feelings in that slap. "If you want to die so badly by his hands, then why don't you just join the Freya familia?"

Bell's POV

Bell's face stung. But his heart felt more pain than the slap. Riveria's words cut deep into him. He felt like he had done something he shouldn't of. All he could do was look down, as Riveria just walked back. He knew what he did wrong, he knew he was at fault, he knew how sad she would be if she found out. Finn just looked at Bell, with pity and anger in his eyes, Bell could tell what Finn was thinking without him even saying it.

Even then... even through all the Bell felt scared. He heard what Riveria said. He knew he was acting reckless. When he heard those words, he felt he wasn't needed anymore. He knew it wasn't true but he felt as if he had been the one abandoned. He realised at the very least how wrong he was but his mind only raced with these thoughts. He couldn't handle it, he couldn't handle the guilt, the pain nor the fear. So he locked them up. Killing his bright red eyes. Storing them, waiting to release it should the opportunity rise. He still needed to get rid of them, he knew exactly where: the dungeon.

Bell felt like a child running away from home. He went to his room. He got his clothes on. There was no more reason for him to wear turtlenecks. He wore a plain black shirt. His armor and trousers and boots. He got a black cloak/ coat that stretched to his ankles. Knives and attached to the inside of it. He drank a few potions before taking his swords. He wrote down a note, of where he was going. When he was going to be back. He put the pen down. He needed to clear his mind so he walked out. It was time for his first, solo expedition. Even though Amid said no against it. The day had technically finished. He grabbed his bag and walked out. God knows when he was going to come back.

Bell entered the dungeon. His eyes were dead to begin with. He felt pain, so he locked it up. He started to kill everything in his path. It was like a straight line, anything that got in the way was obliterated.

The next day, at the Twilight Manor

Riveria's POV

The morning came rough. She had not been able to sleep a wink. She kept feeling sad at how betrayed she felt. She even cried by herself last night. She decided to get up and clear her mind. This was it, she was going to ignore Bell for at least a week. Let's see how he like that. She got up and went to the hall.

Riveria "good morning," she said. Loki turned around, "good morn- oh you do not look alright," she said as if choking on her food. The rest just concerned.

Ais "Riveria are you alright?" she asked worried about Riveria who just smiled a little and nodded, Finn as well had been acting strange. He usually was very interactive but for some reason this morning, he refused to talk and only sat in the table in silence. Then of course someone had push a few buttons for them.
Tiona called out "Hey, so how's argonaut kun's training coming along Riveria?" she asked but then Riveria and Finn just twitched a little in response. The others picked up on this and Gareth was about to ask "hey did something ha-" but he was cut off by a shout. It was Raul. The rest of the executives headed up. To see Bell's door open and Raul and Anakitty talking while holding what seemed like a letter. Riveria hurried over to see that Bell's room was empty. He wasn't there and neither were his weapons, "hey Raul, Aki what happened?" Raul just looked at her for a second before passing her the letter before looking away.

Dear Loki familia,

I have decided to go off for a bit to calm my mind. It may take a bit of time but I feel as if I really need this time. Apologise to Riveria and Finn for me, they did nothing wrong but I couldn't help it, I will be back soon. Don't come after me since I have better things to do than die so no need to worry there. Either way, See you in a bit.

Bell Cranel

Finn and the others were astonished. Where could he have gone? Finn immediately taking action, "Tione go to the guild and check if Bell has gone there today," he turned, "Ais and Lefiya ask around in the city if people have seen Bell since the morning." He ordered them. Everyone shouted yes as they left, with only Bete, Loki, Tiona, Riveria and Gareth left behind.

Loki confused, "ok Finn, Riveria you are seriously going to have to fill us in here," she stated as Riveria didn't respond while, Finn turned around and explained what they saw in the morning. The bloodied and battered body of Bell's and what they knew he was doing. Bete being the typical jackass, "huh. Does he not know how to trust others, that brat causing problems for others, no wonder his familia died, selfish prick." He finished his rant as Riveria's knees gave in.

Riveria started sniffling lightly, "it's because of what I said to him yesterday isn't it?" she asked seemingly no one but Finn knew it was for him and while reluctant he responded, "most probably. I saw his reaction to what you said. It wasn't pretty," he simply stated the truth. He didn't want to comfort his friend with lies, it wouldn't be fair to her. While Riveria's mind ran wild.

It has to be because of what I said. I shouldn't of said such a mean thing to him, after what happened to his previous familia, I made it sound easy to just switch familias. I wanted to ignore you for a week, but it seems you left even before that. Bete still being an insensitive shit, "chill out, he just went to the dungeon not outside Orario, he will be back in a few days."

3 weeks later

The Twilight Manor had been silent. People sat down for food but no one said a thing. They were all worried for Bell even Bete. For a solo adventurer to disappear for three weeks straight is weird. Riveria just looked messed. She had bags under her eyes, she kept going to the dungeon entrance guards every day asking if they had seen him exit and everytime they kept saying no. Finn was also pretty silent but spoke up, "I didn't know not accepting his training at night would result in him going ghost for 3 weeks." Everyone just looked down and worried. Tiona then questioned the impossible, "do... you think he died?" Everyone's eyes shot up as if attacking her on why she asked that. Of course it was everyone's minds, but for the sake of Riveria, no one asked that. Riveria started tearing up.

Meanwhile at the dungeon entrance.

The guards yawned at yet another normal day. When a man burst forward. Why was this surprising? The guards were at least level 4 but couldn't even hear his footsteps or sense his prescence. Dirty white hair, sullen red eyes. A massive bag with drop items. the guards tensed up. "hey you where did you steal those from?" To them it was obviously impossible for someone to have all those drop items. The white haired man just looked back, fully releasing his intimidation as the guards froze up and with a dry voice, "I got them myself. Or do you suspect me?" The guards fiercely shook their heads the man started walking towards the guild. His face had blood covering it, his armor slightly beaten up. His two swords hanging on his sides and the coat he once wore reduced to hip length now. He entered the guild.

On that day a certain half elf was walking around helping people around in the guild. However, her mind had been elsewhere. For the last 3 weeks, she had not seen a certain rabbit adventurer, she had bee quite worried when she suddenly heard a shriek. She turned around to see a tired figure slouching man, with 3 trays full of drop items and magic stones. She recognised him to be Bell, "I would like to exchange these," she stopped doing what she was and walked up to Bell, "BELL KUN," she shouted as he turned around at her. Visibly tired. So she slowed down, "where have you been all this time?" she asked calmly. Bell didn't even look at her while responding with two words, "deeper floors," as he turned to the cashier who had been furiously calculating how much it would be, "how much is this stuff worth?" The person behind the counter couldn't believe this stuff, "what the hell? This is worth 12 million valis! How did you bring back the same amount of things that medium scale expedition would bring?" Bell wasn't bothered to anwer her but decided to do so, "I fought for 3 weeks, if I didn't bring this back, then I would be a problem." Eina was shocked. 'What he spent 3 weeks in the dungeon? How did he make it out?'

Eina stuttering with fear and anger, "Bell how did you live, where did you get the food ad water from?" Bell didn't even bat an eye and simply looked at her. His eyes were fierce with anger, however, it had no target. It wasn't meant for anyone but himself, he loathed himself. He simply replied, "I have my ways," he said as he grabbed the money but it was impossible for him to carry. So he took a trolley and put all the money on that cart and started to take it away as the wheels squeaked, the place was in silence as guild workers and adventurers stared at him alike. He was walking down the streets as a bunch of thugs stopped him. "Hey rabbit's foot, why don't you share some of that with us?" Bell just looked at them, this was not the time to mess with him, "Why, are you guys disabled or perhaps orphans?" He asked deadpan while, the thugs laughed, "No, we just want some of your efforts for ourselves." They had underestimated Bell because of how battered he looked, the immediate second, Bell released his bloodthirst, which had become considerably more powerful from as many monsters he identified as his enemy. The air around them appeared to vanish, they seemingly choked on nothing. The thugs remained unable to move, they couldn't breathe but in a fix of panic the seemingly boss charged towards Bell. Bell just sighed, "foolish idiot," before he proceeded to cleanly rip his arm off. The thug fell back screaming but Bell kicked him hard in the stomach, making him pass out. The crowd was silent. Mother's were covering the eyes of children and the men just stood frozen in place. Bell looked around and realised this would be damaging to Loki's reputation so he sighed and poured potions over the unconscious thugs and walked off. It's time to go back to the Twilight Manor.

At the Twilight Manor entrance

The guards stared in shock. A bloodied figure of a white haired man approached the house with a cart approached them. Shocked by his sudden appearance the guards took a battle stance until, they noticed who it was. It was Bell. One of the guards went inside when the executives were having a meeting about a possible expedition.

Finn "Loki you want to go on an expedition now? Can you not see that the familia is in its lowest morale right now?" he questioned in the meeting just sighed as she looked around. Riveria's dishevelled hair, the bags under her eyes. The low spirit from the hiryute sisters while the only ones holding strong were Gareth and her, while even Finn looked downcast. Bete was just gone to the dungeon, while Lefiya was looking out the window. "I think its going to be impossible for a bit mo-" she was cut off by a gasp from Lefiya, "i-is that... Bell," everyone's heads shot up. As if hearing her question a guard barged through the entrance, "I-I'm sorry to disturb your meeting but its an urgent news. It seems t-that Sir Cranel has returned," he said. Everyone had a moment of shock as they all felt mixed emotions. Anger, Relief and most of all happy. The guard was forced to specify why he came to them right now, "Umm... it seems he needs medical attention." To which Riveria grabbed Lefiya and ran to the outside. As they ran out, they saw him. His bloodied figure yet again, this time he somehow felt taller. Or more reliable than before, as if he had some sort of enlightenment from his gap. Bell looked up, for a second Riveria could swear that he let out a groan but quickly put that thought away as he spoke, "Yo. Riv and Lefiya how you doing. Oh Riv you do not look good?" He said with a smile. Riveria lost all composure, she was about to run up and hug him but she stopped, she was forced to pinch her nose "what the hell is that smell?" Bell just looked at them and noticed, "oh. I don't know this blood of Loki knows which monsters can I go to the shower." To which they let him. He went to the shower after telling the guard to hold onto his valis and even gave each guard 500,000 valis. Where the hell did he become so generous?

Riveria sat patiently in his room. The shower was on as Bell was taking a shower. After a good 30 mins of waiting Bell walked out. Riveria seeing him fully exposed waist above. What she felt was... pure horror. Under any normal circumstances she would've blushed but this time, Bell's body was scarred. Very badly. He had a round cut on his right arm as if it had been torn off and stitched back together. He had random bruises all over his chest. A large gash from before, but now a stab wound near his appendix. Just what the hell has he been through while he was gone. Bell noticed her fearful stare and decided to play around with her, " Be careful Riv, if you stare for too long you'll fall in love with my body," he said. Truly his defined muscles and by now, chiselled abs drew her attention before, but now the scars where more important. Riveria became stern and angry, "Where were you all this time?" Bell just responded with "the dungeon." After that it was an interrogation. The other members and high level executives listened from the door but didn't enter out of fear. Riveria was ticked, you could feel the foreboding bloodlust coming from the room. Finally, Riveria got to the final question. "Why... why did you leave us for 3 entire weeks without even specifying where you went?" Bel became solemn and he had that hatred for himself again as he began. "At first I just wanted to clear off my mind, so I was like let's go on a solo expedition. But after I got to the 30th floor, things quickly changed." He was about to continue after pause but Riveria cut him off by screaming, "YOU WENT TO THE 30TH FLOOR? ALL BY YOURSELF?" To which Bell knew he shouldn't of so he just nodded.

Riveria was worried about if he was trying to kill himself again. She didn't know how to trust him and after what happened with Ottar, it was impossible to trust him. "what happened at the 30th floor Bell?" Bell's face grew grim. His eyes spoke volumes of his trauma as if he had been through hell all over again. It was that of someone who was forced to grow up. "I was forced to... take out some trash," he said with cold eyes. While the other's may have been confused, Riveria understood very well his usage of terminology. All she could ask was,"how many was it this time?" Bell looked down as he said a shocking number to Riveria, "26,"

Riveria's POV

WHAT he had to kill 26 people. I mean they are from Evilus but why had they come to the dungeon. Bell however had more to say, "They ambushed me at the 33rd foor, I was just recovering from exhaustion when I had explosions. Riveria... they were trying to get a juggernaut (The correct bone monster Bell talks about in I think LN 14?) down," Riveria and the others just gasped. They were trying to bring a juggernaut? The monster that eradicated the entire Astrea familia. "How did you survive Bell?" he looked down yet again. "I killed them and threw the bombs into the air to prevent as much damage I could... but then one of the ones that hadn't died got up and caught me off guard and stabbed me," he places a hand over where his appendix should be. "Do you know who Fels is?" he said and Riveria obviously recognised. "You mean Ouranos' personal messenger, the one that came to give you a message last time?" Bell nodded before continuing how he had been taken to a safe room by Fels who randomly appeared. "This guy, he appears at the most random time, whenever and where ever he wants." He chuckled. Fels had healed him but his body was more or less exhausted so he told him to come back. "All that valis you saw, it's from monster I had killed. At the end of the day... I got to the 35th floor before having to come back." Riveria stood there wide eyed. He had managed to get to the 35th floor? All by himself even with how skilled he was, there was no way for a level 5 to get to the 35th floor alone. "Bell be honest did you go alone?" Bell looked at her eyes for a second. They were so pretty, unlike the previous Riveria who had always a calm and collectedness to her with her efficiency, this one was just as strong, but worried greatly for others now. She wasn't aloof like Ais, but she had her obvious distance she managed, whether it was because she was an elven princess or because she was cautious of her age, Bell didn't know. But he liked this Riveria much more.

Riveria was about to leave the room before she turned around, "Do you know how worried everyone was? Never leave like that again, if you do I will seriously come to kill you myself," she said in a cold tone but Bell replied in a rather cool and relaxed manner, "Oh Riv... even if you tried to kill me, the rest of the familia would protect me, right guys?" he asked without looking at Riveria, he walked up and opened the door abruptly. Suddenly, an entire group of executives burst through and fell on the ground. "Did you like the story of my first expedition?" to which Finn scoffed "more like suicide mission," and then everyone started laughing a bit. But Riveria wasn't. She was red through and through, she had been emotional all this time that she didn't notice their prescence. She said all those things to Bell while they were there. Loki noticing her, "what happened Riv why ya so red?" Gareth and Finn smirked as they roleplayed, "Be careful Riv, if ya stare for too long, ya might fall in love," and then Finn pretended to be the love struck Riv, "n-no Bell, please let me look at you," he finished as they started roaring with laughter. Riveria just became steadily more nervous. Things had returned back to normal once again. Loki was curious, "from what I've heard ya fought quite a lot let's do a status update" as Bell showed her his back and to her shock.

Bell Cranel level 5

Title: Rabbit's foot

Str: 0 - 699

Vit: 0 - 745

Dex: 0 - 742

Agi: 0 - 845

Mag: 0 - 777

Magic:

Firebolt

Elemental control

Skills

Lliaris Freese

Bloodlust- (evolved version of Blood thirst, target can now be paralyzed in place, condition, they must be weaker the owner. Multi target will result in more mind power being drained)

Argodrive

development skills:

Luck: A

Loki was shocked at how much he grew, "Ya were a level 5 bottom just 3 weeks ago, now yer almost ready to level up again." Bell just smiled as the rest of the familia was just shocked.

In the distance, a certain meeting

? "So the rabbit foot still lives," this specific faction had been under pressure to get rid of Bell.

? "yeah Rizar we have tried almost everything, we have even sent 26 level 4s and a few level 5s, he would've had no way to fight them but he killed every single one of them. In cold blood no less."

? "he is clearly not the same person as before, it seems that by killing his old familia we have given birth to a true monster," the people were conflicted and in thought as their leader finally came to a conclusion. Rizar spoke up, "It seems we have no choice, we must get rid of him even if it risks out prescence becoming known, we must take out the white death."

They had come to a conclusion. Will Bell's daily life remain. Fin out in the next chapter of this ff.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.4K 623 23
A story about my own character being reincarnated in the Danmanchi universe. There will be some romance at times Nothing hectic. I will try to update...
24.4K 928 10
Chuuya was suffering from pain. He was hurt badly and he want to ended it by dying. Dazai learn and came to save Chuuya. Both ended up confessing the...
42.3K 1.1K 36
Under heavy editing!! I'm not really sure what to make of this. This is my first story on Wattpad so bear with me ^^; I guess this will just be about...
55K 685 20
DISCONTINUED (11 main chapters) this is a trashy story btw. the writing style's horrible, the grammar is worse, it barely has a plot, and the chapter...