The White Wolf ( Derek Hale L...

By Dat_AthRojas

(This is the back story between Savannah and her friends before the actual TW series starts. I recommend read... More

The Agent
Disapproval
Hopeful
New Life
Family
Caring For
Psychos
Domestication
Fear
Weakness
Death Rises
New Blood
Revenge
Reincarnation
New Face
Virtuoso
Training
Love Triangle
The Hunted
First Loves
Abandonment
Partners
Betrayal
"I love you." "I hate You."
Eternity
"Always."
Reality
Portland
Phases
First Loss
The Woods
The River
Humanity

Rival

832 24 0
By Dat_AthRojas

I stand in the middle of the kitchen, walking back and forth, hearing the conversation that Talia and Deaton are saying. One of the Calaberas stand nearby watching me, spinning a dagger on his pointer finger. "I need to talk to her..." A deep voice comes behind the walls, his boot is in the corner of the archway. He comes in with dark blue jeans, and a black v-neck. His olive tone skin brings out his blue eyes, his lips are full and pink. He gives me a smirk, before coming in for a hug. "Thank god you okay?" I accept the hug, but don't put as much pressure to give to him. I step back still mesmerized by this man standing in front of me. "You don't remember me right?" I shake me head, flashing a bright white smile, I could feel my insides liquify.

"I'm Peter..Hale." He deepened his voice, my eyes roam from his cheeks, to his upper torso, which was nicely fit and toned. "Do I know you?" He takes his hands and places them on my shoulders, "I'm a very good friend of yours." I smile back.

We sit down on the kitchen table and talk about the memories I had with him and his family.

Derek POV

I quietly leave the living room, trying not to interfere my mother's conversation about what happened to Savannah. I walk to the kitchen and see Peter talking to Savannah, his hands rest on hers, playing with her fingers. "Then I carried you to my sister, and she insisted on me to help you out that night.." My face drops, he continues to tell her lies. Lies that never happens with both of them, but happen with me and her. I hide behind the wall, turning my back.

"Yeah, I remember when you lost yourself in the woods, and you found me. We talked the whole night, until I heard Laura cry out for help, you insisted on me to help her...and I did. For you." I clench my jaws together, feeling my teeth crack. And then...he pulls his move.

"I really like you Savannah..and I hope we can be more than friends, since I've known you for a really long time." I can hear her heart start to race, and his starts to race as well, and then it got too quite in the rooms. A gun shot is fired from the front of the house, "Michael get the kids!" I hear my mother yell. Peter and Savannah run past me, and then I run past the hunter.

Arraya's husband, Ronaldo Calabera stood in front of his black suburban with a gun in his right hand. "Where's la Loba!" He yells, the cold air shows his warm breath soar to the sky. Savannah comes out from behind Peter and my mother. "Savannah." She whispers desperately. She walks towards him, until he shoots a bullet just a couple inches away from her feet. He throws daggers at her face, but she catches them on time and turning them back to him, some even cutting deep into his skin. He then whistles, calling out other hunters from inside the woods. Arrows and more arrows are fired at her, but none seem to hit her, or damage her skin. "Any closer, and I'll have your head." She says, but then we see something crawling up her spine.

"Mom what is that?" I say, "She's growing." She whispers. Savannah's back cracks a little, making her taller and show a larger back. Her claws become longer, and her facial structure has changed into something a lot darker, more sinister.

Lighting fast, she attacks Ronaldo from in front and goes crazy with her claws. Parts of his clothes are ripped in pieces, or chunks, followed with droplets of blood. Hunters come around her tying a tie rope on her feet, she smacks them to the side, having them hit the trees and falling down unconscious.

Savannah continues to slash every possible part of Ronaldo's body, blood spills around them like a lagoon. "Ronaldo!!" Arraya's screams from the side of the house, she runs to both of them. Just in time Savannah has changed back to her normal self, but the look in her eyes was evil. She looks back at Ronaldo like she had done something good, but when she sees my mother's appointment, her whole mood changes. She cleans her hands on her jeans, and runs for the woods. "Sav-" My mother grabs Laura by her arm, "Don't you dare follow her when she's like this, or you'll become just like him." Tears comes from Laura's eyes, she turns around to see Savannah running towards the moonlight, finding an end to what she had done.

Savannah's POV

I ran as fast as I could, away from the Hale house, away from all of those people I have no clue of. My vision changed from red to gray, making it impossible for me to see were I was going.

I managed to run into the fields at school, a tall figure all dressed in black is playing with his stick and a waffle ball. All of a sudden, rain starts to poor down, "Hahaa.." Barely saying anything as the fresh cold water lands on my cheeks. The figure turns around, "Savannah?" He says, he runs behind him, grabbing a sweater.

"Why are you running in the middle of the night in this rain." Camden throws the light gray sweater over my shoulders, guiding me to the bleachers. "I needed to clear my head..." I whisper, I see his eyes shift over to my legs, "Oh god your bleeding..Are you okay?" I shake my head, still watching him.

He looks up at me, looking deeply into the newly changed eyes I yet have to discover. He studies them, like there's something behind them, something hidden. Sharing small smiles, we sit on the bleachers cherishing the quite moment we have with each other, listening to the sound of the rain.

"Savannah..." The voice in my head gets louder, "Savannah?" I slightly jump up from the car seat, and see Camden's hand resting on mine. I was sitting in his car, out aside from my house. "We're here? You sure you don't want me to walk you up?" I shake my head, "No, thank you for the ride." I leave him with sadness in his eyes.

Walking up the trail to my house, my mom opens the door. She waves goodbye to Camden before closing the door, and taking me upstairs. "I'm sorry mom, I should have called you, my phone got lost on the way here." She doesn't say anything, but help me out of my clothes and into my bed.

"Goodnight Olivia.." Turning off my lamp, she leaves my door open slightly, letting the light from the hallway seep in. Ever since I was little, I feared of what was in the dark, and I still do. I look at the crack, hoping that nothing will come in. And just then, I blink and the door shuts very lightly that you can't hear it down the hall. I turn to my left, and see that it's 2:37 am. Going to sleep wasn't the hard part, having to sleep with one eye and ear open and apart was my problem. The fear of Talia, or one of the Calabera's coming into my home and waking up my family wasn't what I wanted.

The next morning I woke up at 11:38 am, 2 hours late for school. "Shit!" I throw the covers over me, and sprint to the shower and out. Picking some jeans, T-shirt, and some random shoes from my closet. I run downstairs, and into the kitchen to see Stiles, Scott, Mrs. Stilinski, and my mom sitting around the breakfast table. "Good morning, I made some breakfast if you want." I glance to the fresh pancakes, bacon, fruit, and juice on the counter. "I'm late mom." She laughs, "It's Saturday..Maybe you should go back to sleep, and we can start this over again...maybe with something more comfortable." I listen to what she says, but don't come back stairs.

Walking up to my room, it became mistier, like a large cloud came into my room. I looked around, picking up my pajamas, pillows, and shoes off the floor. I made up my bed, before going downstairs again. "Mom can I borrow the car?" The kitchen was empty, the chairs were put back where they were set. I look around for a minute, making sure their not planning some prank on me. The keys were laying in the silver bowl near the front door, "Mom?" Nothing.

I grab my jacket from the hanger, and leave the house in a hurry. I don't even warm up the car, and head straight to the hospital. Traffic was no where to be seen, the streets were empty and the lights were all on green. When I finally got to the hospital, it was calm. Shocked that the emergency room was not full that day, only 1 nurse was working the front desk. "How can I help you?" I look around first before answering her, since my mom also knew when I was here. "Mom, I'm looking for my mother, Melissa McCall?" Giving me suspicious look she dials go her number and tells me to go to up 6 floor.

When the doors open, I'm standing in the morgue. A coroner rolls a body down in front of me, "Can I help you?" "I'm..looking for Melissa McCall." He hesitates to give me answer, looking down to the body on the table. "I need to tell you something, Ms." He leaves the body by the elevator, and walks me to the body. "She was on her way to work, when she was hit by a car this morning. I'm very sorry, Ms.McCall" I waited for the stream of tears to come down my face, but my eyes were dry. He leaves me alone with her for a few moments, until I leave him alone in the room.

I walk out of the building and back to my car, "Baby girl..." I stop in front of my car, and turn to my left. A blonde woman stood in the middle of the 2-way street, staring right back at me. "What are you doing here?" I whisper. "I came to take you home with your father and I." Shaking me head I step back a few steps, "No..my father left my mom, but he would never go back to you." When I say that, she pulls out a shot gun from behind her, and points it back at me. "He loved me, he always has. But it was because of your whore of a mother who won him over." I nervously grab the dagger from my back, "She's was better than you, at least she actually raised me, rather than giving me away to some complete stranger or worse, leaving me for dead."

She gets angry and starts to fire the gauges. I turn around and run, but get hit by a black suburban. And old man steps out, holding a silver sword in his hands. "You were meant to die that day.." Just when he lifts his arms up , I go into a screaming rampage.

"AHHHH!" I twist and turn all over my bed, "Savannah! Savannah!" Two arms shake me back to reality. My breathing gets heavier, and I start to sweat under my clothes. "You had a bad dream.." Laura hugs me, and holds me in her arms. "It felt so real.." I whisper.

2 Years Later.

It was my sophomore year in Beacon Hills, and we had the biggest surprise of our lives. "Today is the biggest game of your high school careers, you could be crowned as the National champions today, if you walk away that field in disappointment. Now go out there and kick their ass!" The team hollers with excitement, we gather ourselves to the left side of the field before we head on. "We've worked to damn hard to leave today with nothing, I'll be damned to let Kingsville High beat us. Julie Connor's team shouldn't touch us, they don't have the stamina or the strength to out run any of us!"  They all look at each other with smirk on their faces, "So...Who's gonna bring that blood pain!" "Black & Red!" We break off on the field and get ready for the fight of a lifetime.

I stand next to Emma, "Everything is at stake here, our reputation, our team. This is what we've been waiting for.." Taking deeps breaths, I look at the other team as they step onto the field. We were out of California, just out of Salt Lake City, Utah. "We're going to win..we're werewolves." Smirking at each other, we get confronted by Julie and her entourage. "I hope your ready for a good whooping, because my team will kick your ass." The look at us up and down like meat, "We'll see about that.."

The referee comes between us, getting ready to flip the coin. "Heads." She screams. "Beacon Hills." He points at us, "Good luck." I whisper to her.

Just 3 minutes into the game, one of my players and Connor's get hurt. Lizzie grabs her ankle in screaming pain, coach and a couple refs come running on the field. "Move back, give her some space!" They check her foot before putting her on a gurnie. "Is she gonna be okay?" Emma asks coach. "I really don't know until her foot is checked out, but I don't think it's good." We watch as they roll her in the ambulance, "Sucks to lose a weak link doesn't it?" I turn my attention to Julie, who is laughing with her player, the one that got hurt.

"Get back to your spots.." I watch as Julie's team carelessly care about their player as she limps back to the defensive side. "She won't last another quarter, the girl can nearly walk." The ref blows the whistle to continue the game, "Then we'll wait till the team comes."

The rain had made the dirt muddier and stickier to run on, and some of the girls slipped running up and down the field. We were 12-14, they were just ahead with a couple of points, and that's when halftime called.

We walked to the locker room, taking off our shoes before going inside. Half the girls had ice bags on their shoulders, some on their foot. "We're so close girls..we can almost taste it. You saw how tired their girls are, they won't make it another quarter. We can do this! Just get your head out of your ass and we can ice it later." The girls mumbled with agreement to what coach said, "Now go get the mud off of your cleats and stretch, this is going to be a bloody battle."

Emma and I meet up outside, "How do you think were going to beat them, we can't cheat..it's not fair to them." Scrapping the last bit of mud from the corner of my cleat, I look down to the field, seeing Connor's team limping down, but not crying over the pain. "We're already good Emma, with our werewolf abilities we can win this. We can become better than what we used to be, their already tired, like coach said, their not going to make it another quarter." For a couple of minutes she doesn't speak, just watches the team warm up. "Okay, but we can't be caught." I smile nodding my head.

I call over the alpha's on the team, "Use it, only for today. If I see any marks on the other team, you're going to regret it. Make it hard for them, but keep it easy for us, got it.." "Got it." They say in unison.

We start the second quarter, the last quarter. And you can already see the anger in everyone's eyes, the thirst they have to win.

Some of the rival team keeps up with the Alpha's, 'Now.' I say, they trick them up the field , passing it forward and we make the goal. "YES!" Coach yells from the sidelines, "That's it! Do it again." The goalie throws the ball past my head, I see Julie run past me. I go right in after her, we pass the mid line, and I'm right on her tail. 'Now.' I hear in my head, but I don't go fully Hybrid. 'No.' I say, I pass her just 3 yards and catch up with the ball. Dribbling it past her, I trick her and run up. I trick the rest of her team, leaving me an open gate to the goal.

"Savannah!" I turn my head slightly and feel a huge force throw me off balance. I roll on the ground, until I hit a pole. "Ugh." The ref blows the whistle, and the game stops. "Savannah!" I hear Emma and some other girls yell. I feel my ribs come back together, cracking into place. I get up without a scratch, "You okay?" I nod, and I see Julie with her clique laughing. I walk past Emma, and towards Julie. "You think thats funny!" She stops laughing, "Well yeah, you couldn't keep your two left feet on the ball." And just with that, I swing at her and a whole brawl goes out.

My team and her team start to fight on the field, including the coaches who are trying to take us apart. "You should have stayed back where you belong McCall!" I punch her one last time, sending her a few feet from where we were standing. She makes an aisle for everyone too see, they look at her and then back at me. Her head slightly comes up, "They cheated..." I look at Emma before going back up the hill and until the locker room.

I throw my cleats towards my locker, denting it slightly. "That was bullshit!" I walk around, calming myself but nothing happened. I turn on the showers, walking in the middle of them. Tilting my head down, the cold water hit the top of my head, and drips down my uniform, washing off the mud. When my breathing finally settles, I take my uniform off one at a time. Starting with my shirt, then my shorts, and my socks. I throw them to the nearest exit, leaving me standing with my sports bra and spandex. I run my hand down my hair, I feel at so what peaceful.

It had been 15 minutes since the fight, and the team hasn't came in yet. I get dress in our warm up attire, walking to the front of the arena. I hear shoes come up from behind me, "I don't want to talk about.." They sit the trophy next to me, "Alright, but I think the team would like to see their captain carry the championship trophy proudly above her head." I look to my left, and Coach wasn't lying. "How? We had one more point, we lost?" The shakes his head, "They lost, by putting half of the girls in jeoperdy of never playing again. Julie Connor forced them to play with injury, and she planned for you to get hurt in the game when you were close enough to the goal. She cheated, she ruined her team. Yeah you might have punched her, but you walked away after that."

I see my girls standing near the bus, watching me. "Go, join them in celebrating." I smirk at him, and carry the trophy to my team. "So National Champions, what should we do next?" They laugh at me, "Who just brought that Blood and Pain!" "Black and Red! Black and Red!" She yell as we get on the bus, and drive to our hotel.

3 Days Later.

We made it back home, just in time for the sun to rise. Everyone was happy, relieved. "This as honestly, the best weekend ever." We say goodbye to the team, "Practice is at 8. Have a good winter break." We wave back at coach, "Savannah. Emma. I need for you guys to meet some people tomorrow morning at 10." We nod confused, "Okay coach."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 2.7K 54
( ON HOLD ) After being away from Beacon Hills for six years, Marlo Stilinski finally returns but with secrets, talents and a certain someone in her...
23.7K 553 15
After a couple of months dealing with the death of their loved one's. Savannah has been given the opportunity to start a new path in her life, as the...
259 15 28
"When ur someone like me..u don't get very much out of life. A stable home, a good school life, friends, good grades. I've got none of those..except...
55.5K 1.4K 27
**this is very old, and dies nit reflect my writing now ‼️ Tori Whittemore thought she had her life under control. She had great friends, a great ado...