Seconds To Spare

Por xXmaetrixXx

~ Y/n lives in a world where quirks aren't necessarily seen as a good thing. After being told most of her li... Más

1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12

3

147 9 17
Por xXmaetrixXx

3

"So, Y/n, have you already been shown around the school?"

A tall girl with long black hair, tied up in a pony tail, turned to look at you.

She had a long side bang and she looked at you with a smile that seemed more polite than happy.

"Yeah, I came here a few days ago to get all my paper work and stuff, a third year who was also there showed me around." You let out casually.

"Oh." She said a little less enthusiastically, looking a little disappointed.

"But, to be honest, I don't really remember much of what they'd said." You continued, guessing that this was her attempt at making a first impression on you, and frankly you didn't want to ruin it for her.

"I'd be glad to show you around! My name is Momo Yaoyorozu, I'm one of our class representatives!" She responded, more upbeat this time. You took it from that, that you were right.

"Nice to meet you." You looked around at the group around you.

There were the girls you'd seen before. Rosy cheeks, the girl who sits in front of you with the earphone jacks, Mina and Momo. There was one other girl you didn't know, she had dark green hair and her tongue sticking out of her mouth.

That's... normal. An animal quirk maybe.

You really had to get used to seeing different types of quirks. There was even a boy with the head of a bird in class if you remembered correctly.

"Uhm, so..." You started, wanting to get a conversation going. "I didn't catch your names. Other than Momo and Mina, of course."

"Right!" Rosy cheeks said in realization. "I'm Ochako Uraraka." She added a little wave as she talked.

"My name is Tsuyu Asui, but you can call me Tsu, ribbit!" The green haired girl said in a slightly raspy voice.

So she has a frog quirk?

"Sure."

"I'm Kyoka Jiro." Earphone jacks said with a slight nod of her head.

"My name's Toru Hagakure!"

You were taken aback for a second. You look around in the direction the voice came from and thought, for a moment, you were seeing things.

Was that... a floating uniform.

"Uhm... H-hi?" You realized, only afterwards, how rude that sounded.

Mina and Jiro started to snicker.

"Sorry! I-" You started, in a panicked voice, before Mina came over and put an arm over the floating clothing.

"She's invisible. It's her quirk." She said, still giggling.

"Don't worry, a lot of people get surprised at first." Hagakure said.

"Oh." You said in a quiet voice.

Well that went great.

You walked in silence for a bit, not knowing what to say after that. You turned a corner and see a large door at the end.

"That's the cafeteria." Momo pointed out.

Before you could say something back, you heard a voice behind you.

"Hey! Wait up!"

You all turn at the sound. It was the boy with the black hair, along with a few others. You guessed the Pomeranian had finally calmed down enough for him not to need a whole swat team to hold him back.

"We need to eat too, you know!" The yellow haired boy panted, when they finally reached us.

"Yeah, yeah." Mina said, as we continued to walk towards the cafeteria. "It's not like we forgot you, it's just that you guys were occupied with Bakuhoe. So we went on ahead."

"Bakuhoe?" You asked, looking at Mina curiously.

"Oh, well his name is actually Bakugo, but he never calls us by our names, so why should we call him by his." She shrugged.

"Fair enough." You said, remembering how he called everyone by some weird nicknames.

"I expect my two thousand yen by tonight." Yellow hair said while looking at his friend.

You turned to see what the fuss was about.

"Right, I know." The boy with black hair said in exasperation.

"I can't believe you thought that he'd go ballistic after lunch! Have you met the guy, he can't possibly wait that long."

"I know." Spikey bangs sighed out.

You looked back and forth through out the conversation, not really wanting to say too much at this point.

You scanned the group, there were the girls and about five guys who just caught up. There was a boy with two different colored eyes, another had engines coming out of his feet and the greeny was there too.

For a second you felt small. Here were all these people who already knew each other and had connections to each other and you were just... there.

They were way ahead of you. They knew why they were here. They knew there place at this school.

The pressure of it all hit you like a bullet. You already had to take extra classes in almost everything just to keep up, but what if that wasn't enough?

What if you were always going to be a step behind them?

What if-

"Y/n, you got the Katsudon too?! It's my favorite!"

You snapped back and looked to see the greeny standing next to you.

He looked at you eagerly and you realized you should probably say something.

"Oh, ya!" You said, now realizing, to your surprise, that you had a tray of food in you hand.

When did you get that?

"Well, to be honest... I've never tried anything on the menu, so I just ordered anything." You said trying to cover up that you had totally spaced out and didn't know how you ordered your food. "Is it good?"

You were worried that your response would deflate his happy mood, but he only got more excited.

"Yes, it's amazing! It's my all time favorite, it..." He started and after that, you think his system went into overdrive. All you heard were fifty words per second mumbles coming from the excited boy. The resemblance to an excited puppy was starting to become uncanny.

You looked around to see you were walking towards a table where a few others were already waiting.

You silently scolded yourself.

It must have taken at least three minutes between waiting in the line and getting the food. You missed that much?

You really had to stop doing that.

You scanned your surroundings. The cafeteria was fairly big, it had neat rows of long tables and plants to separate them. Despite how big the school was, you didn't expect there to be as many people as there were.

You finally reached the table and Mina called you over to sit next to her.

Jiro followed and sat on your other side.

Some had already started eating, so you thought you should to.

"So, what did you guys do over the summer?" The black haired boy asked around while he stuffed his face with what you thought was curry.

Uraraka was the first to answer, but you didn't really pay to much attention to her response, or anyone else's for that matter.

You stared down at your food for a good few seconds before starting to eat.

To be honest you thought it wasn't your place to talk right now. They needed to catch up. You didn't even know all there names yet, what were you, of all people, supposed to contribute to the conversation.

It didn't bother you though, sometimes you needed to space out. Your friends back at camp would always tell others not to bother you when you did.

You were nostalgic for a second. Would your classmates here ever do things like that for you.

"Did you guys even introduce yourselves to Y/n, yet?"

The sound of your name dragged you out of your thoughts and made you look up.

The boys were looking at Mina. You assumed she'd asked the question.

'Shit', you cursed to yourself.

You didn't make some sort of weird facial expression did you?

The last thing you wanted, was for people to think you were the weird new kid.

"Oh, ya!" The greeny answered. "I'm Izuku Midorya!"

"I'm Hanta Sero."

"My name is Shoto Todoroki." The boy with the split hair color responded, in a fairly monotone voice.

"I am Tenya Iida." The engines boy said, while waving in a robotic manner.

Was he ok?

"I am our class representative along with Momo Yaoyorozu. I would like to officially welcome you to class 2-A." He practically announced to the whole cafeteria.

You weren't sure if he meant to be that loud or not, but he seemed to take a lot of pride in his title.

"Thanks, I appreciate it."

You wanted to say a lot more.

You wanted to say that you were thankful they even asked you to lunch after the drama you caused with Bakugo. How you're sorry, in advance, for any stupid mistakes you might make.

But of course you didn't.

It was the first day. The worst thing you should be worrying about, is not tripping on the stairs and face planting.

But as if that'd ever be the only thing you were worried about

"I'm Denki Kaminari,", the yellow haired boy said, with, what you guessed, was his attempt at a seductive side glance as he leaned on to the table, "but you can call me cutie." He finished with a slight grin.

You hold your expression for a moment, before completely losing it. Everyone around the table followed, until the whole table was laughing hysterical.

"Aw, come on!" He whined with a pout. "It was a good line!"

"Ya, a good comedy line." Jiro said, still laughing, and it only got louder after that.

After a bit you started to quiet down and pull yourself together.

You sort of felt bad for laughing so much.

"I'm sorry." You said, while looking at Kaminari, a lingering grin on your face. "It's really nice to meet you."

You turned to everyone else. "All of you."

"So now to the juicy stuff!" Mina exclaimed, as she slammed her hands on the table and looked at you with determination. "Now spill!"

"Huh?" You asked, genuinely confused.

"Everything! Come on, I need to know everything." She was practically interrogating you at this point.

"Uhm, ...", you thought, "I'm seventeen, I have two siblin-"

"No, not that!" She shook her head aggressively. "Things like your quirk, why you left Germany, why you picked our school. Come on, all the deats."

You panicked for a second. You racked your brain for ways to dodge the questions, or change the subject.

"Well-"

"We learnt this history! " Midorya blurted out.

Everyone turned to him, and you thanked him a million times over in your head.

"Huh?" Mina asked confused. "We learnt what her quirk was in history?"

"No, not that. Why she left Germany." He said, taking out a notebook. Out of nowhere.

Ok, come on, is that his quirk or something? Notebook summoning?

"Oh, ya! Isn't Germany one of those countries against quirks or something?", Sero asked, looking around for confirmation.

You flinched a little at his revelation.

"Ya, exactly, we learnt it last year. I couldn't believe it when I heard it. There's supposed to be lots of them." Midorya looked up at you from his notebook. "Is it true?"

"Well, ya." You said, relieved you didn't have to explain.

Then came a wave of 'No way!'s and 'Are you kidding!'s.

To be honest you thought it would be common knowledge over here. Did they seriously not know what happens outside this country?

But the last thing you wanted was pity.

"It's not as bad as you think, really." You said trying to switch topics as fast as possible. "It's just, I would have more opportunities here, in comparison."

"But I read-" Midorya started, before you cut him off.

"I've never seen a school for heroes before though." You said, hoping he'd drop it. "Does everyone here want to become a hero?"

You knew the answer, but you didn't want to talk about home right now.

Momo took the opportunity to answer and was telling you about the different courses the school had to offer.

You glanced at Midorya to make sure you hadn't upset him. It was pretty rude of you to interrupt him like that, but the questions were starting to make you anxious.

He looked in your direction as well and, for a moment, you both held eye contact.

He had a slight frown on his face, but yet, he didn't seem upset. He looked more like he was analyzing you. Like he was running through every possible reason behind your secrecy in his head over and over.

Maybe it would have been better if he was upset.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

809 21 12
Back story... (Y/n) (L/n), a sixteen year old girl who dreamt of becoming a hero all of the time. She was born in Japan and lived there for 3 years o...
299K 11.6K 35
[Completed] - (Y/n) is the oh-so-very lucky teenager who gets to experience life as a hero at the prestige hero's academy: UA high school. One littl...
1M 35.1K 55
L/N Y/N had been the centre of attention during her middle school years. Always being the one others would talk about, teachers taking full notice of...
1.5M 55.3K 60
"Any last words Hero?" "Do you like to breathe?" [Y/n] transfers to UA in her second year and quickly solidifies her position as one to watch, especi...