call me yours ( harry j potte...

By wstrnflies

*ೃ:.✧✲゚*。⋆ Y/n Sterling, related to Luna Lovegood, just as carefree, creative, and odd as Luna was. But is pa... More

𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐌𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒
―𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐅 𝐀𝐙𝐊𝐀𝐁𝐀𝐍
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
𝐆𝐎𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐇𝐄𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐗
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐟-𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞
39
40
41
42
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐥𝐲 𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐬
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
―𝐄𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐮𝐞
ᵂʰᵃᵗˢ ᴺᵉˣᵗ

43

6.5K 211 203
By wstrnflies

Call Me Yours
▔▔▔▔▔
Forty-Three: Slughorn's Christmas Party

Snow was swirling against the icy windows once more; Christmas was approaching fast. Hagrid had already single-handedly delivered the usual twelve Christmas trees to the Great Hall; garlands of holly and tinsel had been twisted around the bannisters of the stairs; everlasting candles glowed from inside the helmets of suits of armour and great bunches of mistletoe had been hung at intervals along the corridors.

Fred and George went back to the burrow the day after the game. Y/n was becoming more secretive as the holiday grew closer, still trying to figure everything out. Hermione had explained to Y/n why she cried that night. Not knowing how she felt towards Ron.

Y/n's shoes have mysteriously gone missing once more since it is around Christmas when Nargles are the most active.

Ron, who might once have found the necessity of these detours excuses for jealousy rather than hilarity, simply roared with laughter about it all. Although Y/n much preferred this new laughing, joking Ron to the moody, aggressive model he had been enduring for the last few weeks, the improved Ron came at a heavy price.

Firstly, Harry had to put up with the frequent presence of Lavender Brown, who seemed to regard any moment that she was not kissing Ron as a moment wasted; and secondly, Harry found himself once more the best friend of two people who seemed unlikely ever to speak to each other again.

Well at least he had Y/n, The two seemed to be back to normal when it came to the closeness of their friendship. Something they both missed, ever since Y/n was crying on Ron's shoulder it just felt weird.

"She can't complain," he told Harry. "She snogged Krum. So she's found out someone wants to snog me too. Well, it's a free country. I haven't done anything wrong." Harry did not answer but pretended to be absorbed in the book they were supposed to have read before Charms the next morning (Quintessence: A Quest).

Y/n turned to Ron, looking at the redhead. "She didn't kiss Krum, Fred made that up, I asked her the other day-" she explained looking over at Ron and holding her bag which had pins on it from S.P.E.W to a rainbow pin with Pippa on her shoulder sleeping.

"Look, I can't help it if she's got her knickers in a twist. What Lav and I have -- well, let's just say there was no stopping it. It's chemical. Will it last? Who knows? Point is, I'm a free agent"

With both Ron and Hermione, Harry was spending a lot of time with his mouth shut tight. "I never promised Hermione anything," Ron mumbled. "I mean, all right, I was going to go to Slughorn's Christmas party with her, but she never said...just as friends...I'm a free agent..."

Harry turned a page of Quintessence, aware that Ron was watching him. Ron's voice trailed away in mutters, barely audible over the loud crackling of the fire, though Harry thought he caught the words "Krum" and "Can't complain" again.

Hermione's schedule was so full that Harry could only talk to her properly in the evenings, when Ron was, in any case, so tightly wrapped around Lavender that he did not notice what Harry was doing.

Hermione refused to sit in the common room while Ron was there, so Harry or Y/n generally joined her in the library, which meant that their conversations were held in whispers. Y/n and Harry walked side by side into the library. "Do you think it's going to get any better?" Harry asked turning to her.

"Well...if the two of us could make up in a week...I give it two-" Y/n said with a grin turning to Harry, She had her Magical Creatures book in her hands since she came back from a lesson before meeting up with Ron and Harry.

"Still, sorry...about that whole thing.." Harry mentioned.

"It's fine," Said Y/n. "Sometimes friends just need a break from each other...So now it's Ron and Hermione's time" Harry nodded before looking over to her once more away from his book, "So...have you found out who the half-blood prince was?"

He shook his head, "No..."

"You're not looking are you?"

"No-"

Y/n chuckled, the two walked over to Hermione who was putting books up on the shelf. "There you both are, we have to figure out who we are going to Slughorn's party with" Hermione quickly said glancing over to them and turning back to the books.

"So, I'm guessing you're not going with Ron? Or are you still not going to talk?" Y/n mentioned stroking Pippa's fur as the creature hummed quietly.

Hermione turned to her and shook her head, "He's at perfect liberty to kiss whomever he likes. I really couldn't care less. Was I under the impression that he and I would be attending Slughorn's Christmas party together? Yes. Of course, now, given the circumstances, I've had to make other arrangements."

Harry and Y/n exchanged looks, "Have you?" Harry asked.

"Yes. Why?"

"I just thought, you know, since none of us can take who we'd really like...maybe we'd go together. As friends."

"Why didn't I think of that?"

Y/n furrowed her eyebrows looking at Hermione, "Who are you going to take?" Y/n wondered looking around the library and turning back to Hermione.

"Um... it's a surprise. Besides, it's you both, we need to worry about. And you can't pick just anyone unless Y/n you don't want to take anyone because of Fred" Hermione mentioned. "See that girl over there. That's Romilda Vane. Rumour has it she's trying to slip you a love potion."

The three of them turned to the girl who fancied Harry, "Really...?" Harry considers a fine-boned girl with raven hair but then looked away, looked over at Y/n who turned really uncomfortable for some reason.

Hermione snapped her finger in front of Harry's face, "Hey! She's only interested in you because she thinks you're the Chosen One. You know that, right?"

"But I am the Chosen One." Hermione smacked Harry on the head, causing Y/n to silently giggle to herself.

"Okay. Kidding. I'll just ask someone I like. Someone cool." Harry said all he had to do was figure out how to ask her without studdering.

Y/n looked around the library holding Pippa, "I'm going to the dormitory, I don't think Ron and Lavender are in it-" Y/n softly said before skipping away, Harry watched her every move until she was out of eyesight.

But Harry's hopes were not high, and they sank still lower after enduring a Transfiguration lesson with them both the next day. They had just embarked upon the immensely difficult topic of human transfiguration; working in front of mirrors, they were supposed to be changing the colour of their own eyebrows.

Hermione laughed unkindly at Ron's disastrous first attempt, during which he somehow managed to give himself a spectacular handlebar moustache; Ron retaliated by doing a cruel but accurate impression of Hermione jumping up and down in her seat every time Professor McGonagall asked a question, which Lavender and Parvati found deeply amusing and which reduced Hermione to the verge of tears again.

She raced out of the classroom on the bell, leaving half her things behind; Y/n deciding that her need was greater than Ron's just now, scooped up her remaining possessions and followed her. "Everything okay," Y/n asked looking and softly knocking on the stall.

Hermione huffed for a second before opening the stall, "This is how you felt? Isn't it? When you and Harry weren't talking?" Y/n put her smile away a little and slowly nodded. "What has been bothering you?"

"Mum wants us to move..." Hermione froze wiping her tears before turning and looking at Y/n. "To new york"

"When?" Hermione said in a panic looking at her bestfriend.

Y/n sighed looking down at her socks and straightening her posture. "Christmas...she wants to move by Christmas..."

"Do you want to go?" Hermione asked.

Y/n shook her head with a tear streaming down her cheek, Hermione pulled her into a hug and the two girls embraced. "No, but I have to go as much as I don't want to," said Y/n, Hermione looked over at Y/n before she went to wash her hands.

"Y/n, the choice has to be yours...you can't live your life pleasing other people...please choose what you want to do, and just tell your mother..." Hermione explained turning to Y/n drying her hands with a towel.

She nodded, Hermione was right. She needed to make this decision up on her own since she is about to turn seventeen in only a couple of months. "Yeah..." Y/n hushed looking over at Hermione.

The two girls walked out of the bathroom, just to be greeted by Harry. "Oh-" Y/n said surprised by seeing him holding her bag that she winded up leaving behind. "hi harry..."

"Hi!, um...here, you forgot this in class-" Harry handed Y/n her bag, she took it and wrapped it around her neck and arm slinging it.

Hermione stood there awkwardly, "Um, I'm going to see you later, Yeah?" She asked turning and looking at Y/n. She nodded before Hermione walked away leaving behind Harry and Y/n. Harry quickly grew nervous unlike he had even been around his best friend.

"Hermione's doing better, after our talk...Ron could be a bit unkind at some times..." Y/n mentioned walking beside Harry.

He nodded, "I s'pose" Harry looked around trying to calm himself down and focus on something. "So...are you coming with me and Ron for Christmas?" Harry asked, "Or are you going home?"

"Yeah, I think..." Y/n muttered looking down at her hand that was on the strap of her bag.

"HowwouldyouliketocometoSlughorn'spartywithmetonight?"

The words were out of Harry's mouth before he could stop them; he heard himself say them as though it were a stranger speaking. Y/n furrowed her eyebrows turning to Harry. "You know, I don't understand, when you talk that fast..."

Harry sighed with a nod looking down and turning right back to Y/n, "How would you like to come to Slughorn's party with me...tonight?"

Y/n looked over at Harry, her face heated up getting the same feeling from the Amortentia. "I'd love to..." She said looking at him with a small smile on her face. Harry nodded with a grin. But then he remembered Y/n is going for Fred during Christmas, and they are just going to the party as friends.

"Would you like me to help dye your eyebrow back?" Y/n asked worryingly. "Or is that just part of your outfit?"

Harry chuckled and shook his head but quickly nodded. "Yes, No-...wait Yes, can you please?"

"AHA!" screamed a voice from overhead and both of them jumped; unnoticed by either of them, they had just passed underneath Peeves, who was hanging upside down from a chandelier and grinning maliciously at them. "Potty asked Loony to go to the party! Potty lurves Loony Sterling!! Potty luuuuuurves Looooony  Sterling!!" And he zoomed away cackling and shrieking, "Potty loves Loony  Sterling!!"

Harry turned bright red almost the side of Ron's head hearing the sentence, 'Potter loves Y/n' was what Peeves were trying to say. 'I don't love Y/n,' Harry thought to himself.

But Y/n's face heated up before looking down and rushing away from the boy, "Thanks a lot peeves" Harry groaned walking away from the ghost.

"Out of everyone!" said Ron in disbelief over dinner. Y/n sat with Hermione, Neville, Ginny and Luna at the Ravenclaw table leaving Ron and Hermione. "Anyone! And you choose Y/n? My brother's girlfriend?"

A long way along with the table Hermione, playing with her stew and Y/n looked at her feeling bad. Harry noticed Ron looking at her furtively."You could say sorry," suggested Harry bluntly.

"What, and get attacked by another flock of canaries?" muttered Ron.

"What did you have to imitate her for?"

"She laughed at my moustache!"

"So did I and Y/n, it was the stupidest thing I've ever seen."

But Ron did not seem to have heard; Lavender had just arrived with Parvati. Squeezing herself in between Harry and Ron, Lavender flung her arms around Ron's neck. "Hi, Harry," said Parvati who, like Harry, looked faintly embarrassed and bored by the behaviour of their two friends.

"Hi," said Harry, "How're you? You're staying at Hogwarts, then? I heard your parents wanted you to leave."

"I managed to talk them out of it for the time being," said Parvati. "That Katie thing really freaked them out, but as there hasn't been anything since...Oh, hi, Hermione and Y/n!"

Parvati positively beamed. Harry could tell that she was feeling guilty for having laughed at Hermione in Transfiguration. He looked around and saw that Hermione was beaming back, if possible even more brightly. Y/n looked over dreamingly with a little wave, Girls were very strange sometimes. "Hi, Parvati!" said Hermione, ignoring Ron and Lavender completely.

"Hi, Parvati-" Y/n greeted.

"Are you going to Slughorn's party tonight?"

"No invite," said Parvati gloomily. "I'd love to go, though, it sounds like it's going to be really good...You're going, aren't you?"

"Yes, I'm meeting Cormac at eight, and we're —" There was a noise like a plunger being withdrawn from a blocked sink, and Ron surfaced. Hermione acted as though she had not seen or heard anything.

Y/n turned to Hermione in shock, She and Harry quickly exchanged looks before turning back to Hermione. "— we're going up to the party together."

"Cormac?" said Parvati. "Cormac McLaggen, you mean?"

"That's right," said Hermione sweetly. "The one who almost" - she put a great deal of emphasis on the word — "became Gryffindor Keeper."

"Are you going out with him, then?" asked Parvati, wide-eyed.

"Oh - yes - didn't you know?" said Hermione, with a most un-Hermione-ish giggle.

"No!" said Parvati, looking positively agog at this piece of gossip. "Wow, you like your Quidditch players, don't you? First Krum, then McLaggen."

"I like really good Quidditch players," Hermione corrected her, still smiling. "Well, see you...Got to go and get ready for the party..."

She left. At once Lavender and Parvati put their heads together to discuss this new development, with everything they had ever heard about McLaggen and all they had ever guessed about Hermione.

Ron looked strangely blank and said nothing. Harry was left to ponder in silence the depths to which girls would sink to get revenge. Y/n got up with a shrug following Hermione so then she could start and get ready as well.

Both Y/n and Hermione were getting ready in the dormitory. "So did you mail your mum?" Hermione asked putting a necklace on, Y/n shook her head grabbing a necklace placing it over her neck.

"I'm going to wait, wouldn't it be better...telling her to her face?" Y/n brought up, Hermione nodded understanding. Both of the girls finished getting ready for the Christmas party, For some reason, Y/n felt nervous to meet Harry in front of the great hall.

Even if they were going as friends, It just felt different to her.

Hermione and Y/n were both finished getting ready and headed to the entrance hall together. "I'll see you in there," Hermione said looking over to Y/n. She nodded before Hermione walked off towards Slughorn's office. Y/n messed with her hands nervously while there was a pit in her stomach.

Y/n felt nervous, really nervous but she didn't know why this familiar feeling. "Hi," Harry said, he studied her for a second in awe. He thought she looked beautiful, as she turned to him, getting out of her head.

"Hello, Harry..." Y/n said looking over at him, he couldn't even get a word out looking at her. Harry was wearing black dress robes with a maroon tie, 'he is so pretty,' Y/n thought to herself not knowing how to feel.

"Um, you look...beautiful-" He said to her, the pit in her stomach grew more not knowing how to feel counting her boyfriend is at the burrow.

She nodded, "Thank you...Shall we get going then?"

"oh-Oh..yeah..." Harry stuttered looking around, the two of them started to make their way towards Slughorn's office. "The party is in Slughorn's office-"

"I know.." Y/n awkwardly said the tension was unbearable that was between both of them. "Did you hear, there's supposed to be a vampire coming? Luna brought it up...Ginny's taking her" Y/n said breaking the tension between both of them.

"Yeah? Who?"

"Rufus Scrimgeour?" asked Y/n.

"Yes, he's a vampire," said Y/n, matter-of-factly. "Luna's Father wrote a very long article about it when Scrimgeour first took over from Cornelius Fudge, but he was forced not to publish by somebody from the Ministry. Obviously, they didn't want the truth to get out!"

Harry didn't know what to say and the two continued to walk, they were already approaching Slughorn's office and the sounds of laughter, music, and loud conversation were growing louder with every step they took.

Whether it had been built that way, or because she had used magical trickery to make it so, Slughorn's office was much larger than the usual teacher's study. The ceiling and walls had been draped with emerald, crimson, and gold hangings so that it looked as though they were all inside a vast tent.

The room was crowded and stuffy and bathed in the red light cast by an ornate golden lamp dangling from the centre of the ceiling in which real fairies were fluttering, each a brilliant speck of light.

Loud singing accompanied by what sounded like mandolins issued from a distant corner; a haze of pipe smoke hung over several elderly warlocks deep in conversation, and several house-elves were negotiating their way squeakily through the forest of knees, obscured by the heavy silver platters of food they were born, so that they looked like little roving tables.

"Harry, m'boy! Y/n!" boomed Slughorn, almost as soon as Harry and Y/n walked into the room. "Come in, come in, so many people I'd like you to meet!"

Slughorn was wearing a tasselled velvet hat to match his smoking jacket. Gripping Harry's arm so tightly he might have been hoping to Disapparate with him, Slughorn led him purposefully into the party; Harry seized Y/n's hand and dragged her along with him.

Y/n's face heated up, and Harry tried to not show how much he was blushing.

"Harry, Y/n I'd like you to meet Eldred Worple, an old student of mine, author of Blood Brothers: My Life Amongst the Vampires — and, of course, his friend Sanguini." Worple, who was a small, stout, bespectacled man, grabbed Harry's hand and shook it enthusiastically; the vampire Sanguini, who was tall and emaciated with dark shadows under his eyes, merely nodded. He looked rather bored.

A gaggle of girls was standing close to him, looking curious and excited.

"Harry Potter, I am simply delighted!" said Worple, peering shortsightedly up into Harry's face.

"I was saying to Professor Slughorn only the other day, 'Where is the biography of Harry Potter for which we have all been waiting?'"

"Er," said Harry, "were you?"

"Just as modest as Horace described!" said Worple. "But seriously" his manner changed; it became suddenly businesslike "I would be delighted to write it myself people are craving to know more about you, dear boy, craving! If you were prepared to grant me a few interviews, say in four- or five-hour sessions, why, we could have the book finished within months. And all with very little effort on your part, I assure you ask Sanguini here if it isn't quite, Sanguini, stay here!" added Worple, suddenly stern, for the vampire had been edging toward the nearby group of girls, a rather hungry look in his eye.

"Here, have a pasty," said Worple, seizing one from a passing elf and stuffing it into Sanguini's hand before turning his attention back to Harry.

"My dear boy, the gold you could make, you have no idea"

"I'm definitely not interested," said Harry firmly, "and I've just seen a friend of mine, sorry." Y/n was already looking at the girl that hides behind the curtain. He pulled Y/n towards the curtain and the two looked at Hermione.

"What's wrong?" Y/n asked.

Hermione yelps, turns, pulls Harry behind the hanging. Her hair is slightly askew, her lipstick a bit blurry. "And what's happened to you?" Harry continued looking over to her. Y/n and Harry stood next to each other hand in the hand causing Hermione to look down at the two's hands.

Both of them exchanged glances moving their hands awkwardly. "Hm? Oh, I've just escaped -- I mean, left Cormac." Hermione said before she caught her breath, "Under the mistletoe."

"Cormac! That's who you invited!" Harry asked in disbelief.

"I thought it would annoy Ron most. But he's a menace. He's got more tentacles than a Snarfalump plant."

"Dragon tartar?" They turn, find a waiter peeking in, tray in hand.

"No thank you." Y/n kindly said,

"Just as well. They give one horribly bad breath."

Hermione quickly grabbed the trey, "On second thought -- maybe it'll keep Cormac at bay. Oh no, here he comes!"

Hermione pops two of the Dragon blobs into her mouth, shoves the tray in Harry's hand and flits away. Snape, looking bored, stands on the periphery of a conversation, when he sees Hermione exit one side of the hanging and Cormac enter the other. "she went to powder her nose." Y/n kindly said looking at Cormac.

The boy looked her up and down not missing a detail, Harry clenched his jaw tightly, staring bullets at Cormac. He puts the plate in front of Cormac letting him eat the dragon tartars. "Slippery little minx, your friend. Likes to work her mouth too, doesn't she? Yak yak yak. What is this I'm eating, by the way?"

"Dragon balls." Harry coldly answered glaring up at him.

As Cormac's face freezes, Harry grabbed Y/n's hand once more and starts to head toward Slughorn when the hanging and sweeping aside, Snape. "What's going on back here?"

Cormac spews raw dragons all over Snape's shoes. Snape surveys the damage, then his eyes rise darkly. "You've just bought yourself a month's detention, McLaggen." McLaggen dashes off. Harry makes to follow still holding onto Y/n's hand.

"Not so quick, Potter," Snape said.

Harry froze causing Y/n to also stop moving. "I think I should rejoin the party, sir. My date..." Y/n's face heated up at the words 'date' coming out of Harry's mouth.

"...can surely survive your absence for another minute or two." Snape shot a glance at Y/n.

"I'm going to talk to Luna..." Y/n muttered before walking away from the two of them. Harry watched Y/n walk away turning to Snape. She walked over to Luna talking to Trelawney with Ginny standing by her side.

After a while of talking to the three, Harry walked over to Y/n to get her alone to talk to. "My dear boy!" she said in a very carrying whisper. "The rumours! The stories! 'The Chosen One'! Of course, I have known for a very long time...The omens were never good, Harry...But why have you not returned to Divination? For you, of all people, the subject is of the utmost importance!"

"Ah, Sybill, we all think our subject's most important!" said a loud voice, and Slughorn appeared at Professor Trelawney's other side, his face very red, his velvet hat a little askew, a glass of mead in one hand and an enormous mince pie in the other. "But I don't think I've ever known such a natural at Potions!" said Slughorn, regarding Harry with a fond, if the bloodshot, eye. "Instinctive, you know- like his mother! I've only ever taught a few with this kind of ability, I can tell you that, Sybill...why even Severus..."

And to Harry's horror, Slughorn threw out an arm and seemed to scoop Snape out of thin air toward them.

"Stop skulking and come and join us, Severus!" hiccuped Slughorn happily. "I was just talking about Harry's exceptional potion-making! Some credit must go to you, of course, you taught him for five years!"

Trapped, with Slughorns arm around his shoulders, Snape looked down his hooked nose at Harry, his black eyes narrowed. "Funny, I never had the impression that I managed to teach Potter anything at all."

"Well, then, it's natural ability!" shouted Slughorn. "You should have seen what he gave me, first lesson, Draught of Living Death, never had a student produce finer on a first attempt, I don't think even you, Severus..."

"Really?" said Snape quietly, his eyes still boring into Harry, who felt a certain disquiet. The last thing he wanted was for Snape to start investigating the source of his newfound brilliance at Potions.

"Remind me what other subjects you're taking, Harry? and Y/n" asked Slughorn.

"Defense Against the Dark Arts, Charms, Transfiguration, Herbology..." answered Harry.

"Charms, Defense, Herbology, Magical Creatures, and Muggle Studies" Y/n answered.

"All the subjects required, in short, for an Auror," said Snape with the faintest sneer. "and a Magizoologist,"

"Yeah, well, that's what I'd like to do," said Harry defiantly.

"And a great one you'll make too! both of you" boomed Slughorn.

"I don't think you should be an Auror, Harry," said Luna unexpectedly. Everybody looked at her. "The Aurors are part of the Rotfang Conspiracy, I thought everyone knew that. They're planning to bring down the Ministry of Magic from within using a combination of Dark Magic and gum disease."

Y/n nodded slowly but no one saw her. Harry inhaled half his mead up his nose as he started to laugh. Emerging from his goblet, coughing, sopping wet but still grinning, "Are you okay?" Y/n whispered to him.

Harry nodded turning to her, the two teenagers looked at each other almost in a trance "Professor Slughorn," wheezed Filch, Both Y/n and Harry jumped looking away from each other. "I discovered this boy lurking in an upstairs corridor. He claims to have been invited to your party and to have been delayed in setting out. Did you issue him with an invitation?"

Malfoy pulled himself free of Filch's grip, looking furious. "All right, I wasn't invited!" he said angrily. "I was trying to gate crash, happy?"

"I am his Head of House, and I shall decide how hard, or otherwise, to be," said Snape curtly.

"Follow me, Draco."

They left, Snape leading the way, Malfoy looking resentful. Harry stood there for a moment, then said, "I'll be back in a bit, Y/n...er...bathroom."

"If by the bathroom, you mean spying...alright...," she said with a grinning knowing Harry way too well. He nodded before walking away and rushing past people. Y/n turned back to Luna, and Ginny and continued their conversations.

Once out of the party, it was easy to pull his Invisibility Cloak out of his pocket and throw it over himself, for the corridor was quite deserted. What was more difficult was finding Snape and Malfoy.

Harry ran down the corridor, "Maybe I did hex that Bell girl. Maybe I didn't. What's it to you?" Malfoy's voice rang through Harry's ears.

He hid on the side hiding, Malfoy, slumped against the wall in lazy insolence, and Snape. "I swore to protect you. I made the Unbreakable Vow-"

"I don't need protection. I was chosen for this! Out of all others. Me! And I won't fail him."

"You're afraid, Draco. You attempt to conceal it, but it's obvious. Let me assist you --" Said Snape looking over at Malfoy.

"No! I was chosen. This is my moment!"

Malfoy exits. Then Snape quickly after him, Y/n walked out of Slughorn's office after saying her goodbyes. "Hey... " She said causing Harry to jump turning to her. "Sorry...if I scared you...I'm tired...Reckon, I go back to the dormatory?"

Harry nodded looking at her, "Y-Yeah, I can walk you back...I'm pretty tired as well..." Harry stuttered once more looking at her, It's like he wasn't himself anymore. Y/n sent him a small smile before the two started to walk to the Gryffindor tower.

"So, what did you find out Mr, Spy?" Y/n joked turning to him with a small smile.

"what do you know about an Unbreakable Vow? Y/n?" Harry asked turning to her.

Quickly she became worried, "You don't want to go making them...unless your willing to die...for someone," said Y/n.

"Snape made a vow...to protect Malfoy-"

Harry for some reason didn't think Y/n, would believe him but. "Maybe, you should talk to professor Lupin...Or Remus about it...I mean, he was the defence the dark arts teacher before..." Y/n explained.

Harry nodded agreeing with her, the two continued to walk to the common room. Y/n said the password as the painting opened up. Both of them walked into the empty common room. "Thanks...for asking me.." Y/n said looking around trying to avoid eye contact.

"Erm...no problem...I thought you were going to say no-...." Harry explained looking around and then looking at her. "You know...because of Fred-"

"You're still my best friend Harry...you know that right?" Y/n analyzed looking at him, "I'll see you tomorrow on the train?"

Harry nodded with a hum, as the two made their way to the sixth year dorms. "Yeah...see you tomorrow" Y/n stopped in front of the door looking at him, "Night N/n"

"Night...Har" Y/n walked into the girls dormatory leaving Harry behind the boy was grinning like an idiot. Y/n smiled on the other side of the door before making her way to get ready for bed. He felt like everything was back in the third year. when he had that little silly crush on Y/n. But the crush was much more serious than he could imagine.

Y/n laid in her bed after getting ready for bed, thinking of everything from Amortentia to this year etc. After the party, she felt like the same teenager in the third year, like Cho and Harry didn't kiss, there was something in the way of their friendship.

Just her and Harry...

It was a euphoric feeling, to say the least, this feeling helped her go to bed quicker than the past months.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

264K 7.9K 70
❝ 𝐈 𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 (𝐁𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐫𝐞𝐝), 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐧, 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 �...
2.1M 80.2K 150
"She'll be the most powerful witch to ever exist." "And he will be very upset about that if he ever comes back." "Indeed. Which is why no one knows w...
115K 4K 41
❝You're not going to take no for an answer, are you?❞ ❝You should know the answer to that by now, Harry.❞ ⁂ Life has always been a bit disorganized f...
37.9K 950 20
"I hate you so much Potter!" Y/n shouted, pointing her wand threateningly at the smirking boy. "No you don't." the boy said, winking at her as he mov...