Find That Hacker || Play for...

By KatherineYork7

The devil's den, most feared hacker and his best friend have one plan. Build an empire in the gaming industry... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Bonus chapter

Chapter 19

5.3K 412 111
By KatherineYork7

Francy's p.o.v

Monday morning

Remi and I patiently waited in the kitchen, holding onto our mugs with coffee and watched as the sun washed away the dark blue with gold. The sky was yellow for miles.

Even when I was washing my face to wake up I could see the sunrise through the window over the field of sunflowers.

We barely had any energy to talk. Not because It was 5 am and we were waiting for the girl to arrive so we could deliver medicine. It was because for the last few days Remi and I were rushing to repaint the kitchen, both bedrooms and switching up the furniture from one room to another, throwing the old things out. The dark wood shelf that used to be in the living room was now in the kitchen and the little cupboard in the kitchen was remodeled and placed in the entry hallway. There were many things on the "to buy" list and we had yet to figure out how we were going to buy and bring the stuff over to the house.

But we had focused mainly on finishing up the worst of the worst jobs and getting them out of the way and having few good days to work really gave us a good start.

The kitchen was the only place that was fully done in the sense of moving things around and painting them. Remi was only left to do her finishing touches and fine details until she was satisfied.

It was now richer and warmer and way cozier after we brought a bunch of stuff in it.

The bedrooms were stripped of the wallpapers and were repainted.

And after today's delivery, we had more work to do.

Remi rose up from her chair and pointed at the window. "I just saw a young girl riding her bike. Like it's way too early. It's probably her up the hill now."

"Let's go then." I got up.

We got our shoes on and passed through the hall.

"Wow this is probably the best part of the house now." Remi smiled looking around.

"Thanks. I just dolled it up here and there. It still needs a coat of paint on the walls and some extra details but it came out pretty nice."

Remi glanced around and smiled. "Oh I just got an idea of what we can add in here to beautify it bit more.

She started telling me about her idea while we took our bikes and headed to meet the girl halfway on the hill.

"Oh thank god.. Hiii." She took a deep breath and stopped mid-way on the hill to rest.

We waved awkwardly.

She was younger than us. No more than 14 I'd bet.

We got down the hill to introduce ourselves.

"I'm Remi." She shook her hand.

"Francy." I greeted her as well.

"Lea" She smiled. "Good thing you came down, there's no way I would have survived that hill."

I looked at her bike. Not only did she have her basket full, but she had additional bags on the bike.

"Let me help you with that." I took one of the bags and placed it in the basket of my bike.

Remi took the other one.

"Oh thank you. That was very nice of you. You're very nice." The girl grinned.

"Thanks, you're nice too." Remi went along with it.

"Where do we start?" I got on the bike.

"Follow me." She got on her bike and we followed her further down the road.

Les stopped in front of a cute little house that seemed furthest out of all.

"This is grandma Nilli's place. She is the oldest but she's fast, edgy and can bite so be careful."

"The old lady bites?" Remi pulled the break on her bike. "Now I'm worried."

"Oh don't be silly." Lea smiled. " She doesn't have any teeth."

Remi and I looked at each other. Okaaaaaaay.

We knocked on the house and Nilly opened the door in her nightgown, a toothless smile on her face and a cup of tea in a tightly clenched grip.

"Lea." She smiled.

"Good Morning Nilli." Lea smiled and took the medicine out of the basket packed with a label on it. "This is for you."

"Thank you."

"Oh is that a tooth growing I see?"

She just waved her hand laughing and then peeked behind her looking straight at us.

Remi and I waved awkwardly.

"Morning." I smiled.

"Funny girls." She laughed and then closed the door.

"Nilli is checked." Lea walked over and got on her bike. "This is much more fun when you have company. Not to mention my back doesn't hurt from carrying a heavy backpack."

"Don't worry. We'll help as much as we can." Remi said.

"Absolutely." I agreed.

"Aww thank you guys." Lea smiled and pointed down the road. "Grandma and grandpa Orell are next."

She rode away and we started pedaling after her.

"The Orells are my favorite. They grew up together, got together in highschool and stayed together all their lives."

"Aww." Both Remi and I smiled. That was so cute.

They were already in their garden watering the flowers. The grandpa was wearing pink gloves and a girly apron while weeding out the grass between their flowers. The grandma was wearing a large straw hat, aiming the hose at the other side of the garden.

"Lea." They waved at her.

"Good morning." She smiled and reached in her basket taking out their little satchel with medicine.

"You have assistants this morning?" The grandpa asked

"Hello." Remi smiled.

"Good morning." I waved.

"What pretty helpers. Let me get you flowers." The grandma put the hose down and took her garden scissors, cutting some flowers for Remi and I. "Pretty flowers for pretty girls."

"Thank you so much. They're lovely." We took them.

"What about me? Am I not pretty? Do I look like a monkey? " Lea asked.

"A bit." The grandma laughed.

Lea suddenly started acting like a monkey letting out noise and making them laugh.

"Oh you silly girl." The Grandma cut some flowers for her too.

"See you next Monday." Lea waved, taking the flowers.

We continued riding down the path.

"Everyone likes you so much." Remi told Lea. "You're so nice to everyone."

Lea turned around and gave Remi a grin. "Well of course they do. But they like me because I'm funny. Old folks like funny people. They want reasons to laugh."

As we continued riding our bikes in silence, to deliver the rest of the medicine, I stared at the back of the girl who was so much younger than me teaching me an important lesson, I doubt I would have learned otherwise.

I read the comments on the previous chapter xD I can't reply because of spoilers but I'm so excited for you to keep reading hehehh ❤ I think things will get clearer very soon.

Next chapter on Monday

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Rebel High By Nat

Teen Fiction

799K 22.7K 51
Living the high life wasn't all fun and games. With were Empires that took decades to build could fall in seconds with one wrong move. Lyra Anderson...
73.9K 2.8K 57
When life gives you lemons, throw it back and demand chocolate. '"Sweet baby Satan!" I screamed, accidentally gaining the attention of the murderers...
936K 70.4K 42
***WATTYS 2021 YA WINNER*** When her handsome nemesis challenges her to a bet, ambitious eighteen-year-old Nyla must go on more dates than him or ris...
422K 20.2K 45
Street-savvy Meg kickstarts a rivalry with her ex when she agrees to waitress at his competitor's diner. ...