call me yours ( harry j potte...

By wstrnflies

*ೃ:.✧✲゚*。⋆ Y/n Sterling, related to Luna Lovegood, just as carefree, creative, and odd as Luna was. But is pa... More

𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐌𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒
―𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐅 𝐀𝐙𝐊𝐀𝐁𝐀𝐍
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
𝐆𝐎𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐇𝐄𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐗
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐟-𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞
39
40
41
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐥𝐲 𝐇𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐬
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
―𝐄𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐮𝐞
ᵂʰᵃᵗˢ ᴺᵉˣᵗ

42

6.5K 211 250
By wstrnflies

Call Me Yours
▔▔▔▔▔
Forty-Two: PDA Problems

The Slughorn dinner party was tonight, and Y/n and Hermione were just sitting in the dormitory together enjoying each other's company while one read and the other drew in her sketchbook.

She was sitting on her bed looking down and drawing these blue creatures that glowed and flown, called Bioluminescence, but they were tiny creatures with mushroom heads. Pippa was singing, which was calm to both Hermione and Y/n. "Y/n, we should get ready...it's about five-" Hermione said, looking up from her book.

"Yeah, Hermione...you know...what you said to Ron, right?" Y/n mentioned standing up, Hermione turned almost red, looking down at her trunk taking some clothes out of it. But even knowing Hermione shook her head. "Well, you said 'what if it was you and him snogging? Do you fancy Ron?..'"

Hermione whiffed her head to avoid anything. "No..No, I don't...how is the shop doing? You asked Fred about it, didn't you?" Said Hermione, changing the subject from her and Ron. Y/n didn't mind her changing the subject.

"He and George are going to close it, a week before Christmas" Y/n explained, Hermione furrowed her eyebrows turning to Y/n. "Mrs Weasley, she doesn't think it's the brightest idea to have the shop open...counting everything happening in Diagon Alley...but they finally agreed with her."

Y/n grabbed clothes and made her way to the bathroom's to get changed into what she was wearing for the dinner party. Slughorn also mentioned something about a Christmas party in the invite but no one knew when that was going to be yet.

Once she was done getting ready for the dinner party, and she walked back into the dormitory; Hermione was sitting on her bed face deep in a book. "Oh you have a letter, I put it on your bed..." Hermione mentioned motioning her hand towards Y/n's bed. "I'm going to head out see you there-"

"Yeah," Y/n softly spoke, Hermione walked out of the dormitory leaving Y/n the only one in it. She walked over and looked at the letter that was placed on her bed. It was from her mother, which was odd counting she should be in Alaska.

She opened up the letter and scanned it before reading the whole thing.

Dear, Y/n;

I thought I should be telling you this until it is time for it to actually happen.
But before then, Newt says 'hi' and so did everyone else when I was in NYC.
Anyways, We will be moving.

You are still on the waiting list for Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry,
The reason for the move is that. I spend most of my time in New York than in London anymore.
And I know we are never together anymore because of my job.

So we are moving to New York, and we will be about one block away from Queenie's apartment.
It is going to be soon, so by Christmas. I would expect you to have said your goodbye's even if it is hard.

-Love
Your Mother
O.S

Y/n looked down at the letter almost stunned about what she just read, Everything about moving to New York. Yes, she loved New york city. But she wouldn't live there and leave all of her friends, family and relationships...leave Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

She folded up the letter putting it under her pillowcase until she comes back later on. Y/n wiped the tear from her eyes after thinking of leaving everyone, time passed when she noticed that the dinner part started a couple of minutes ago.

Y/n was making her way towards Slughorn's office where it was being held. "Y/n!" Ginny announced catching up with her. Y/n stopped turning to Ginny.

"Hello Ginny, how is everything?" Said asked putting a smile on her face like always.

"Great, Luna said hi...I was in the Ravenclaw common room and lost track of time, what about you?" Ginny asked turning to the girl who was watching where she was walking.

Y/n hummed with a nod, "Lost track of time, I guess..."

Ginny and Y/n both walked over to the door, opening it causing it to groan. Everyone inside turned to the door to see both of the girls walking in. Y/n looked around at the place, "Miss Weasley, Miss Sterling! Come in, come in." Slughorn announced causing Y/n to get out of her head.

Hermione furrowed her eyebrows noticing something off with her, "Sorry, I'm not ordinarily late, lost track of time..." Ginny explained looking at Slughorn who just nodded with a smile.

"Same, sorry sir..." Y/n quickly and quietly said. She falters, eyes red, uncharacteristically flustered.

"No matter. You'll be just in time for dessert. That is -- if Belby leaves you any." Ginny moves to her seat, and Y/n moved sitting next to Ginny the two girls started to grab themself something to eat.

The letter was just pastured in Y/n's head, she couldn't stop thinking of it no matter how hard she tried. Hermione of course noticed the mood change turning and whispering to Harry. " Look at her eyes...something is wrong"

Harry nods, then stand as Y/n reaches the table, causing her to look at him confusingly. He was the only one. Hermione notices eyes him with amusement as he sits. "What?" She sat down next to Ginny and some twins.

"Nothing," Harry uttered looking away from Y/n awkwardly.

Ginny and Y/n started to talk to each other, "So are you and Luna okay?" Y/n asked looking down at her ice cream before glancing up at Ginny.

The redhead smiled and nodded, "Excellent, more than...how are you and my brother?" Said Ginny, "Still feels odd saying that..."

"Same," Y/n nodded looking down at the ice cream and avoiding eye contact like always. "He said, he and George are going to be coming for the Gryffindor and Slytherin game"

"Y/n, How is your mother doing...A very hard-working woman...she is...Please forgive me if I'm wrong but I believe she now works with Newt Scamander?"

Y/n glanced up at Slughorn with a nod, "Y-Yeah...she is a wonderful mother, and real talent with Creatures" Y/n mentioned trying to remain in eye contact with Slughorn before she broke it to look at her ice cream.

"I taught, Ophelia when I taught Lily...Never seemed them around each other, but Ophelia and Pandora Lovegood were both best friends with Sirius Black's brother Regulus..." Y/n glanced up at the new information.

She knew her mother, knew Sirius but never knew how and why she never wanted to talk to the man face to face. "I never got to teach Sirius," Slughorn mentioned, "But Regulus and Davis, I did teach wonderful men.."

"That's wonderful to know, sir," Y/n said with a nod looking down at her ice cream.

Everyone went back to their own conversation's, Y/n was talking to Neville and Ginny. Before Cormac caught her eye, He was looking at her and sucking the ice cream from his thumb. She grew really uncomfortable looking away towards Harry who was glaring bullets at Cormac.

The sand has run out of the hourglass, with the evening, Slughorn says his goodbyes. "Thank you, one and all, for a most stimulating evening. We'll have to do it again." Said Slughorn, He closes the door, turns sends a floor lamp wobbling and, catching it, finds Harry. "Oh. Potter."

"Sorry, sir, I was just admiring your hourglass." Harry lied looking down at it.

"Ah, yes. A most intriguing object. The sands run in accordance with the quality of the conversation. When it is stimulating, the sands run slow.When it is not..."

"I think I'll be going."

Harry started to make his way towards the door, "Nonsense. You have nothing to fear, m'boy. As for some of your classmates, well, let's just say, they're unlikely to make the shelf." Slughorn steps to a makeshift bar begin to construct a drink.

"The shelf, sir?"

Slughorn gestures to the photographs seen earlier now ranged like a menagerie atop a low bookcase. Once again, Lily Potter and Regulus Black upfront. "Anyone who aspires to be anyone hopes to end up here. Then again... you are already someone aren't you, Harry?"

"I don't really know how to answer that, sir." Harry mentioned looking over to him away from the photograph.

"Your mother was modest too. Your father not so much. As you can see, he did not make the shelf." Slughorn smiles genially, turns back to his drink, using a pair of tongs to drop ice into his glass.

"Did Voldemort ever make the shelf, sir?" Slughorn stiffens, his back to Harry. His hand trembles and the ice slips from the tongs. Harry notices. "You knew him, didn't you, sir? Tom Riddle. You were his teacher."

"Mr Riddle had many teachers while here at Hogwarts."

"What was he like?"

Harry can see the vein in Slughorn's temple pulsating. Fearing he may have overstepped. "I'm sorry, sir. Forgive me. He killed my parents, you see..." Harry stops, frowns. Slughorn turns studies, Harry. Nods.

"Of course. It's only natural that you should want to know more. I'm afraid I must disappoint you, Harry. When I first met young Mr Riddle, he was simply a quiet, albeit brilliant, boy committed to becoming a first-rate wizard. Not unlike the others, I've known. In fact, not unlike... you. If the monster existed, it was buried deep within."

Y/n had Herbology first thing the following morning. She never said anything to anyone about her mother's letter yet. She was just thinking about hiding it till the day, but at the same time wanting to say her goodbye's.

The weekend's brutal wind had died out at last; the weird mist had returned and it took them a little longer than usual to find the correct greenhouse. "So how was Slughorn's latest party?" Ron asked looking over to the three of them.

"Oh, it was quite fun, really," said Hermione, now putting on protective goggles. "I mean, Harry had a good dessert..."

Harry looked away turning almost red, Y/n was forced on her plant and wasn't paying attention to the conversation wanting to pass Herobolgy. "Why do you say that?" Ron asked.

"No reason-" Harry quickly cut Hermione off before the girl could say anything about him standing up for Y/n and embarrassing himself.

"Quite enough chat over here!" said Professor Sprout briskly, bustling over and looking stern. "You're lagging behind, everybody else has started, and Y/n and Neville are already got his first pod!"

They looked around; sure enough, there sat Neville with a bloody lip and several nasty scratches along the side of his face but clutching an unpleasantly pulsating green object about the size of a grapefruit.

But Y/n was calmly continuing trying to figure out a way to tell them, 'It should be easy, just say your moving' Y/n thought to herself looking down and moving the plants. "Okay, Professor, we're starting now!" said Ron, adding quietly, when she had turned away again, "should've used Muffliato, Harry."

"No, we shouldn't!" said Hermione at once, looking, as she always did, "Well, come on...we'd better get going...Have you noticed Y/n has been acting different since yesterday"

Ron and Harry turned to the girl silently cleaning her stuff up and her eyebrows were furrowed. "Yeah, she's been quieter..and secretive" Ron mentioned looking away from her.

The three of them continued to try and pot the plants, but failed terribly, "Don't be squeamish, squeeze it out, they're best when they're fresh!" called Professor Sprout.

Y/n walked over to them sitting next to Harry, "Slughorn's going to have a Christmas party," Y/n mentioned looking at them, "I-It was in the note...I mean Invite..." Y/n studdered for the first time.

The trio quickly grew suspicious, Y/n just looked back down at her plant not minding them anymore and going back into her head. "-and there's no way you'll be able to wriggle out of this one because he actually asked me to check your free evenings, so he could be sure to have it on a night you can come."

Harry groaned. Meanwhile, Ron, who was attempting to burst the pod in the bowl by putting both hands on it, standing up, and squashing it as hard as he could, said angrily, "And this is another party just for Slughorn's favourites, is it?"

"Just for the Slug Club, yes," said Hermione.

The pod flew out from under Ron's fingers and hit the greenhouse glass, rebounding onto the back of Professor Sprout's head and knocking off her old, patched hat. Harry went to retrieve the pod; when he got back, Hermione was saying, "Look, I didn't make up the name 'Slug Club'"

"'Slug Club,'" repeated Ron with a sneer worthy of Malfoy. "It's pathetic. Well, I hope you enjoy your party. Why don't you try hooking up with McLaggen, then Slughorn can make you King and Queen Slug-"

"We're allowed to bring guests," said Hermione, who for some reason had turned a bright, boiling scarlet, "and I was going to ask you to come, but if you think it's that stupid then I won't bother!"

Harry suddenly wished the pod had flown a little farther Y/n turned to him with a little grin. "Do you need help?"

"Please-" Harry pleaded with a small smile on his face.

Ron and Hermione kept arguing back and forth. Y/n grabbed something sharp. "um-" Harry was too busy staring at her that he didn't notice he was still holding the pod.

"Oh here..." Harry said handing her the pod. Y/n took it from his hands slowly so she didn't break the pod.

She placed it on the table and slowly pierced it, tiny green worms came out of it. " How did you do that!?" Ron asked looking over at Y/n and Harry, the two teenagers looked away from each other, and Y/n turned to Ron.

"You are supposed to pop it...basically-" Y/n explained simply looking over at the two Ron and Hermione.

Harry turned back to Y/n, The two quickly looked at each other before Y/n turned to her pod once more quickly without saying something else to him. "Thanks..." Harry said looking down at her. She smiled slightly before looking up at him.

"No problem, Sometimes you should pay attention when Neville is talking about Plants" Y/n wittingly said looking back down at her plant.

Harry nodded slowly looking away from her, "Yeah..."

Katie bell was still at the hospital, and rumours were spreading about what actually happened. Seamus was not the only person disgruntled by the choice of Katie's substitute. There was much muttering in the common room about the fact that Harry had now chosen two of his classmates for the team.

As Harry had endured much worse mutterings than this in his school career, he was not particularly bothered, but all the same, the pressure was increasing to provide a win in the upcoming match against Slytherin.

If Gryffindor won, Harry knew that the whole House would forget that they had criticized him and swear that they had always known it was a great team. If they lost...well, Harry thought wryly, he had still endured worse mutterings.

Fred and George were going to come and watch the game, Something Harry wasn't looking forward to seeing Y/n with Fred.

Y/n had been going to the practices since Harry needed her there other than Hermione even if Y/n didn't understand anything but she wasn't at this practice no one could seem to find her.

The Beaters, Peakes and Coote, were getting better all the time. The only problem was Ron "It was an accident, I'm sorry, Demelza, really sorry!" Ron shouted after her as she zigzagged back to the ground, dripping blood everywhere. "I just-"

"Panicked," Ginny said angrily, landing next to Demelza and examining her fat lip. "You prat, Ron, look at the state of her!"

"I can fix that," said Harry, landing beside the two girls, pointing his wand at Demelza's mouth, and saying "Episkey." "And Ginny, don't call Ron a prat, you're not the Captain of this team-"

"Well, you seemed too busy to call him a prat and I thought someone should-"

Harry forced himself not to laugh. "In the air, everyone, let's go...Hey, have you seen Y/n?" Harry asked going over to Ginny.

"No, Luna hasn't seen her since breakfast...Hermione might know where she is, counting they tell each other everything" Ginny mentioned before getting on her broom and flying into the sky.

That wind up being one of the worse practises, though Harry had some belief that they were going to win. "Good work, everyone, I think we'll flatten Slytherin," he said bracingly, and the Chasers and Beaters left the changing room looking reasonably happy with themselves.

"I played like a sack of dragon dung," said Ron in a hollow voice when the door had swung shut behind Ginny.

"No, you didn't," said Harry firmly. "You're the best Keeper I tried out, Ron. Your only problem is nerves....have you seen Y/n, no-one has seen her all day not even Hermione, I believe?"

"Harry," Ginny called, "She will most likely show up later," she said before going off to snog Luna. Harry nodded before walking away Since no one has seen her all day. He was of course going to be worried about her.

Harry and Ron made their way into the castle, and by the time they reached the second floor, Ron was looked more enthusiastic than when they left the changing rooms. When Harry pushed open the tapestry to take their usual shortcut up to Gryffindor Tower, however, once they walked into the empty common room.

Fred and Y/n were snogging on the couch with Y/n sitting on Fred's lap. The common room was empty with no one, not even the paintings. Fred's hand was placed in her hip as the two were in a deep and almost heated snog.

It was as though something large and scaly erupted into life in Harry's stomach, clawing at his insides: Hot blood seemed to flood his brain so that all thought was extinguished, replaced by an urge to jinx Fred somehow. When he saw Fred's hand move up from her hip he was about to turn him into a troll or something.

"Oi!" Ron shouted with his blood also boiling.

Y/n jumped hiding her head in Fred's neck, Fred turned to his brother. "What?!"

"I don't want to find my own brother snogging Y/n in public!" Ron carried on. Y/n lifted her head and made eye contact with Harry right away.

Fred's hands were laying on Y/n's waist holding her tightly, "Listen, It's not my fault you haven't snogged anyone, Harry snogged Cho," Y/n tensed up before looking at Harry who wasn't smiling. She wondered the roles were now switched by the way he looked at her. If he was the one crying, instead of her. Since she and Fred got together. "And Hermione snogged Krum-"

Y/n furrowed her eyebrows turning the boyfriend confused about the new information, She couldn't tell if he was joking or not by the way he looked at Ron. "You just snog that bloody owl, and your pillow"

Ron clenched his jaw before storming off, with Harry following may be more annoyed. "Hermione and Krum kissed?" Y/n asked looking over to Fred. He shrugged knowing his brother has a crush on Hermione.

"I don't know, I just came up with something off the top of my head" Fred truthfully said, Y/n grinned before pecking Fred on the lips. "Now where were we?"

"gross, not while I'm here," George said walking into the common room, holding bright orange boxes. "Where is everyone?" Fred and Y/n backed away from each other and Y/n rested her head on Fred's shoulder.

Fred looked over at his twin, "Don't know...Ronniekins had an attitude and went upstairs"

"Poor Ronniekins"

Y/n wanted to go and find Hermione since Ginny and Luna were snogging somewhere, "I'm going to go and find Hermione, You both can sleep in our dorm if you want-" Said Y/n, standing up, both of the twins nodded and she kissing Fred on the cheek. "I'll see you later," She made her way out of the common room not hearing Fred and George talking.

Harry and Ron sat in their dormitories, 'You didn't like seeing him kissing Y/n because she's one of your best friends' But unbidden into his mind came to an image of the common room with himself kissing Y/n instead...With her sitting on his lap like she was with Fred, But then Ron walked into the common room drawing his wand at Harry.

'She's you're best friend, These feelings went away during the fourth year' Harry told himself firmly. 'she's dating Fred...Your best friends brother, She's out-of-bounds.'

He punched his pillow into a more comfortable shape and waited for sleep to come, trying his utmost not to allow his thoughts to stray anywhere near Y/n.

Breakfast was the usual excitable affair next morning; the Slytherins hissed and booed loudly as every member of the Gryffindor team entered the Great Hall. Y/n glanced at the ceiling and saw a clear, pale blue sky: a good omen.

Fred was holding onto her hand, walking next to George. The three walked over to the table joining Ron, Hermione and Harry. "Good morning, everyone" Y/n greeted wearing the lion hat which looked like it was eating her face, it blinked once in a while.

She and Luna made them a couple of years ago together. Harry turned to her seeing Fred next to her. "Morning, Y/n," Hermione said turning to her.

"Good luck, eh, Ron?" Neville said, Ron nods shortly, then Seamus comes up on his side, whispers conspiratorially.

"Counting on you, Ron. I've two Galleons on Gryffindor." As Seamus peels off, Ron cuts his eyes toward the Slytherin table, where the Quidditch team sits together.

One Slytherin juts his chin toward Ron, mutters something, A few turn, snigger. Ron averts his eyes. "I have five Galleons," George brought up looking up from his food, Hermione hit his arm since he wasn't making Ron feel any better.

"Ron, your going to do just fine" Y/n mentioned taking a bite of her toast. Fred nodded agreeing with his mouth full of beans.

Ron takes a fork, pokes at it glumly. Ron smiles feebly, looks back down at his plate. Hermione stares daggers. "I'm resigning. After today's match. McLaggen can have my spot." Hearing this, Y/n looks up, Harry catches her eye, extends a shaking to indicate Ron's mental state.

"Have it your way. Juice?" Hermione blinks, surprised by Harry's callousness. Ron is surprised as well and mildly put out.

"Harry, you're just going to let him get away with his?" Fred asked with his mouth full. Y/n turned to her boyfriend. "Sorry"

"It's his discussion" Harry blankly said not looking over at Fred.

As Harry pours, Luna arrives at the table wearing a hat that bears an uncanny resemblance to a real lion just like Y/n's. "Hello, everyone. You look dreadful, Ron." Ron nods grimly, lifts his glass. Luna turns to Harry. "Is that why you just put something in his cup. Is it a tonic?"

The tiny vial of Felix Felicis glints in Harry's palm, Y/n turned to Harry looking at his hand. The boy smirked and she shook her head with a grin looking down at her toast. "Don't drink that, Ron!" But Ron's frozen in mid-sip, looking at Harry's palm too. Quickly, he gulps down the rest.

"You could be expelled for that."

"Do it, Prefect..Maybe you can get a job with us" George said.

"Yeah, we are looking for new staff"

Harry pockets the vial, winks at Y/n. who looked at her plate once more feeling flustered. Ron rises. "C'mon, Harry. We've got a game to win."

Instantly, Slytherin snatches the Quaffle and rushes en masse toward Gryffindor's end, weaving and passing with wicked skill, culminating in a vicious, slicing shot on goal. Just when it appears it will clear the hoop, Ron streaks out of nowhere and sends the Quaffle screaming in the opposite direction. Ginny pauses on her broom, stunned. "What's gotten into him?"

She glances up at Harry, circling high above and he grins. Just then, Dean streaks by: "Ginny! Let's go!" Instantly, she rolls backward, jets off and races down her fellow Chasers. Flying in a spread formation, Dean on the far wing starts the Quaffle "up the line" until it lands in Ginny's hand.

Pitching herself into a wide slide to avoid a pair of whistling bludgers, she leans recklessly off her broom and whips the Quaffle through the goal untouched.

As the crowd Harry eyes the Gryffindor section, where Y/n and Luna's lion hat roars, He smiled at Y/n and she sent him a thumbs up, Lavender claps for Ron and Hermione sits with her arms crossed, a look of supreme annoyance on her face. Harry grins, jets off.

Madam Hooch's back was turned, and though Gryffindors below shouted in anger, by the time she looked around, Harper had already sped off. His shoulder aching, Harry raced after him, determined to ram him back. "And I think Harper of Slytherin's seen the Snitch!" said Zacharias Smith through his megaphone. "Yes, he's certainly seen something Potter hasn't!"

Smith really was an idiot, thought Harry, hadn't he noticed them collide? But next moment, his stomach seemed to drop out of the sky Smith was right and Harry was wrong: Harper had not sped upward at random; he had spotted what Harry had not: The Snitch was speeding along high above them, glinting brightly against the clear blue sky d, he hurtled back toward the ground, the Snitch held high in his hand.

As the crowd realized what had happened, a great shout went up that almost drowned the sound of the whistle that signalled the end of the game.

Harry accelerated; the wind was whistling in his ears so that it drowned all sound of Smith's commentary or the crowd, but Harper was still ahead of him, and Gryffindor was only a hundred, points up; if Harper got there first Gryffindor had lost...and now Harper was feet from it, his hand outstretched.

"Oi, Harper!" yelled Harry in desperation. "How much did Malfoy pay you to come on instead of him?"

He did not know what made him say it, but Harper did a double-take; he fumbled the Snitch, let it slip through his fingers, and shot right past it. Harry made a great swipe for the tiny, fluttering ball and caught it.

"YES!" Harry yelled. Wheeling around, he hurtled back toward the ground, the Snitch held high in his hand. As the crowd realized what had happened, a great shout went up that almost drowned the sound of the whistle that signalled the end of the game.

Y/n, walked down to the field with Hermione, Linny, Fred and George to congratulate the team. Once they were all of the fields, Fred and George went to go and congratulate Ron, Hermione went as well. Luna went to congratulate Ginny by kissing her on the cheek.

Harry walked away from the group hug, just to be almost tackled in a hug. "Congrats, you did magnificent as always, Har," said Y/n placing her head in his shoulder, Harry was surprised by her hugging him the same way. That she did in the third year after he did the Patronus.

"T-thanks, N/n...reckon Ron needed a little luck-"

Y/n moved away from the hug looking him in the eyes, but just to look away quickly which was odd. "Y-Yeah...I think he did brilli-"

"Party up in the common room, Seamus said!" Fred said walking over to Y/n, She looked over him with a nod. "C'mon, See you there Harry"

The room teems with students celebrating Gryffindor's victory. Harry could not see Hermione or Y/n at the Gryffindor celebration party but since Fred was there most likely she would be, which she was.

Harry walked into the common room with, renewed cheers and clapping greeted his appearance, and he was soon surrounded by a mob of people congratulating him.

What with trying to shake off the Creevey brothers, who wanted a blow-by-blow match analysis, and the large group of girls that encircled him, laughing at his least amusing comments and batting their eyelids, it was some time before he could try and find Ron and or Y/n. At last, he extricated himself from Romilda Vane, who was hinting heavily that she would like to go to Slughorn's Christmas party with him.

As he was ducking toward the drinks table, he walked straight into Ginny, Arnold the Pygmy Puff riding on her shoulder with her arm wrapped around Luna protectively. "Who are you looking for? Seem lost-" Luna asked softly looking at Harry.

"Y/n, or Ron-"

"Well, Ron's over there and Y/n is to the left of him.." Ginny mentioned nodded over towards the two. Harry looked into the corner she was indicating. There, in full view of the whole room, stood Ron wrapped so closely around Lavender Brown it was hard to tell whose hands were whose.

Harry's eyes shifted to the left, to see Fred and Y/n with her sitting on his lap with his hand rested on her waist. Both didn't seem to mind since a bunch of other people were snogging around them. Y/n's arms were on Fred's shoulder deepening the kiss.

"It looks like he's eating her face, doesn't it?" said Ginny dispassionately. "But I suppose he's got to refine his technique somehow, But Fred and Y/n are basically hooking up on the couch." Harry clenched his jaw once more looking away from The two. "Good game, Harry."

Y/n knew she had been acting odder than normal since she had reserved the letter from her mother, but Fred helped her forget about it. So what was so wrong with snogging her boyfriend? She still hasn't told anyone about the letter and was going to do it soon.

Harry turned away from Ron, who did not look like he would be surfacing soon, just as the portrait hole was closing. With a sinking feeling, he thought he saw a mane of bushy brown hair whipping out of sight.

He darted forward, sidestepped Romilda Vane again, and pushed open the portrait of the Fat Lady. The corridor outside seemed to be deserted. "Hermione?" Hermione sits atop a desk, a small ring of twittering birds circling her head.

The birds change colour as they orbit, from sunny yellow to a dark, angry scarlet. "Charms spell. Just practising."

"Ah. Well... they're really good."

Hermione looked down and started to study her wand, "How does it feel, Harry? When you see Y/n with Fred?" Harry sat next to her looking at the floor causing Hermione to study him. "I know, Harry. You're my best friend. I see how you look at her...you've been looking at her like that since the third year and she looked at you the same way...till last year..."

Just then the door bursts wide and Ron rushes in, pulling a giggling Lavender by the hand. They stop. Take inventory. "Oops. I think this room's taken." As Lavender pulls Ron out, he cuts his voice low to Harry.

"What's with the birds?" Before Harry can reply, Hermione rises points her wand.

"Oppugno!"

Instantly the bird's race like angry red bullets toward Ron, who flees, slamming the door. As the birds hit the door, they explode softly into small feather clouds and Hermione covers her face and sobs.

Harry goes to her, hesitates, then tentatively drapes his arm over her. As she turns her face into his chest, he pulls her closer, watching as, across the room, the last scarlet feather drifts to the floor, joining the pool already there. "It feels like this."

The door opens once more, Fred and Y/n walked out of the common room. "Room of-" Fred stated before being cut off by Y/n looked over to Hermione and Harry.

"Mione-" Y/n called worryingly, "What's wrong?"

"I-I'll tell you later, yeah?" Hermione studdered looking over to her friend. Y/n nodded before Fred grabbed her hand once more.

The two walked off to continue their walk to where ever, "It feels like this...exactly like this.." Harry answered looking away from the couple.

Both Y/n and Fred were in the room of requirement snogging, "you're coming over for Christmas..right?" Fred asked backing away to catch his breath. Y/n nodded before going into her head about everything her mother, and she started to think about the amortentia.

Fred placed his hand on her cheek and continued to kiss her. Y/n slowly kissed back, "reckon we just head to bed?" Y/n said backing up a little. Fred nodded laying on the bed and wrapping his arms around her.

She laid next to him, thinking about everything she was trying to forget about. "Everything okay?" Fred asked turning and looking at her. She looked at him with a small nod.

"Yeah," Fred kissed her cheek before she closed her eyes and tried to get a good rest.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 101 23
"Oh, come on, it's fine. It's just a kiss," Sirius ceased. "No, it is not! You just told me you are in love with somebody else," she argued, "and...a...
110K 2K 108
________________________________________ *CURRENTLY RE-WRITING* finished by- 25/05/24 (hopefully) current re-write word count- 145,249 It's always...
132K 3.4K 104
Y/N l/n is about to start her fourth year at Hogwarts when she meets George and Fred Weasley. She's a Gryffindor like the twins, but their friendshi...
27.5K 1.1K 51
❝I was just looking for an empty compartment and what do I do? I get pulled into the biggest shit show of my life.❞ ❝Sorry.❞ ❝It's okay, I...