All in the name of

بواسطة rin_rin40

[COMPLETED] Eddy just turned 18. He is drawn to Brett, who seems to know all the answers to life's difficult... المزيد

1. Eighteen
2. End of shift
3. Lost
4. The experiment
5. Forgotten
6. Forgotten II
8. Anchor me, anchor you
9. Once lost
10. Ever after

7. Lost II

178 12 2
بواسطة rin_rin40

"Brett!"

"Hey Eddy"

"C'mon in. My roommate is out all afternoon today."

Brett stepped inside and looked around the small dorm room as he removed his shoes.

"Eddy.. I don't recognise this room at all. ..Is that ok?"

Eddy smiled.

"Yeah, that's ok. It's your first time here."

Brett looked relieved.

"Ok.. that's good. Thanks."

"Take a seat. So how've you been feeling?"

There wasn't much room in Eddy's dorm so they sat side by side on the small bed with their backs against the sidewall.

"Well, I'm really glad I'm out of the hospital. 3 days is a long time to eat hospital food."

Eddy chuckled.

"Yeah, I can imagine.. So Brett"

"Yeah?"

"Have you managed to remember anything else?"

Brett frowned.

"No.. look Eddy, I was wondering if you could take me to my work.. the pub. I know you rang them for me to tell them I was in hospital but I think I should go in and say hello and see if I can remember anything about them."

"Sure, not a problem. Have you since contacted any of your friends?"

"Well.. I looked through my phone list but none of the names jolts my memory and I'm reluctant to randomly ring up people and say hey you're on my phonebook but I can't remember you since I lost my memory, can you help? Sounds pretty suss."

"Hmm... what about your chat log or social media?"

"I'm obviously not very big on chat nor social media... even my phone log is pretty empty except for a few phone calls to work. And I don't know what the social media of my choice is, let alone my logins"

"Oh.."

"Eddy.. I feel so lost."

Eddy furrowed his brows. He imagined how isolated Brett must be feeling. He gently held Brett's hand.

"Brett, I'll call your work a bit later in the evening okay? I'll explain to them that we want to come in and have a look around"

Brett looked up towards Eddy.

"Okay, thanks Eddy, I really appreciate this."

"Brett, mate"

"Um.. hi?"

"I heard from Daniel.. I'm Keith, the security staff here."

"Hi Keith.. sorry my memory is still a bit messed up."

"Hey don't worry about it. If you don't remember me, maybe we should have a little chat later, we've known each other for a few years."

"Really? Man, I'm really sorry Keith.. I.."

"Hey, don't worry about it. Just come by and say hi when you finish up with Daniel, okay?"

"Okay, thanks."

"Brett"

"Daniel. You're my boss here, right? I'm sorry my memory is still dodgy. I'm also so sorry to have put you out when I ended up in hospital."

"Hey don't worry about it. How are you feeling?"

"I'm still muddled up. My memory of you hasn't come back to me. I'm really sorry. I met Keith outside and I don't remember him either."

"Do you remember anyone?"

"Well.. this is Eddy, I recognised him and I've recognised my mum.. that's about it so far.."

"Well Brett, mate, you're lucky to have Eddy."

Brett smiled.

"Yeah, I really am."

Eddy smiled shyly.

"Um, Brett?"

"Yes Eddy?"

"If Daniel is ok with it.. would you like to trace your footsteps to where you met me outside the pub? Out the back where the bins are?"

"Yeah Brett, Eddy, of course that's okay. Feel free to have a walk around in here guys."

"Thank you Daniel. Um, Eddy, so what do you mean?"

"Oh, so you don't remember that bit?"

Brett took Eddy's hand and walked up to the bar.

"Brett, tell me what you remember."

"Okay so I was serving behind this bar around there. You Eddy were standing around here, waiting for the clock to go past midnight so you could buy your first beer. I remember looking over my shoulder to check the time a few times."

"Yeah. That's great."

"Then what happened, Eddy?"

"Well after midnight, you treated me with a beer, I took it back to my friends and you finished your shift. You went out the back door to take out the rubbish and you found me on the steps."

"Eddy, show me where the back door and steps are."

"Okay, it's this way.."

Eddy push opened the heavy metallic door at the back of the pub. He pointed to the small flight of stairs across the narrow street.

"See those steps Brett? I was sitting there and you asked me if I was okay."

Eddy stepped out of the building as he held Brett's hand. He gently tugged on Brett's hand to encourage him to step outside with him. Brett poked his head through the opened door and frowned.

"Eddy... I don't like it out here"

"Brett? What did you just say?"

"..I don't like it out here."

"Why Brett? Tell me why."

"I dunno.. I just don't like it.."

"C'mon let's go and have a look at the steps where I was sitting when you found me."

With Eddy's encouragement, Brett walked out of the building and to the small staircase across the narrow street with him.

"Does anything jog your memory, Brett?"

"Um.. I dunno..."

"Hey lovebirds!"

"Aren't you two boys cute holding hands"

Eddy and Brett both turned around and saw two men, around the same age as them.

"Eddy.. let's go back inside"

"Okay.."

"Ooooh, you guys don't have to go so quickly..!"

Eddy tugged on Brett's hand and lead him first to the backdoor of the pub. He stood behind him in an attempt to shield him as he reached out to the doorknob and tried to open it. It had shut closed and autolocked itself.

Sh*t

Eddy gently tapped on the door hoping Daniel would hear them.

"Ooooh boys you don't have to run away."

"Mate, which one do you prefer? I like the tall one."

One of the men grabbed Eddy by his wrist.

F*ck

"Let him go."

Eddy's eye's widened. It was Brett's voice.

"Oooh the small one is feisty."

"I said. Let. Him. Go."

"And what if I don't?"

Eddy trembled not knowing what to do.

"Okay boys that's enough, time to go home mate."

Eddy turned around and saw Keith, the security staff of the pub.

The man who had Eddy's wrist let go. Brett pulled Eddy and stood in front of him.

"Oh c'mon we were just being friendly. Just wanted to get to know the big guy."

Keith stepped up.

"Am I big enough for ya? Want me to escort you somewhere?"

Keith was big enough for most people. He was massive.

The two men suddenly came to their senses and backed off and left.

"Hey Eddy are you alright?"

"Wow Brett.."

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine. Thanks to you."

"I'm sorry you had to experience that. It can get quite unpleasant and upsetting."

"Weren't you scared?"

"It's all part of the job. I'm so glad Keith came to our rescue. He's always been so good.. he seems to be able to sniff trouble."

"Brett mate. Thanks.. hey, did you just remember all that?"

"Remember what, Keith?"

"That I can sniff trouble."

Brett gasped.

"OMFG Keith.. I think I did..!!"

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

43.7K 906 17
Been reading a lot of Breddy one shots, so I finally cave in to my desire to write some of my own. I don't usually write fanfics of my OTP's, but the...
Andante بواسطة Avdk80

قصص الهواة

363K 15.9K 200
What happens when two boys from strict homes meet and feel things they shouldn't? When Eddy meets Brett his whole world changes.
26K 1.4K 104
What is Eddy, a shy introvert musician like himself, going to do with his crush for a playboy like Brett? And what is his story behind his attitude...
13.6K 458 16
"Eddy, you have to love me for who I am." Eddy Chen was only 13 years old when he had met Brett Yang. They had met through tutoring and it was an une...