return • theo raeken [2]

Autorstwa -obriens

❝I'm not fearless. I'm terrified.❞ - allison argent Luna Louve has spent years alone, but now she doesn't hav... Więcej

PART ONE.
prologue.
one. memory lost
two. superposition
three. sundowning and relics
four. relics
five. radio silence
six. ghosted
seven. ghosted and heartless
eight. heartless
nine. heartless
ten. blitzkrieg
eleven. blitzkrieg
twelve. memory found
thirteen. memory found
fourteen. riders on the storm
PART TWO.
fifteen. all my exes live in texas
sixteen. pressure test
seventeen. pressure test
eighteen. pressure test and triggers
twenty. genotype
twenty-one. mended love and broken glass
twenty-two. the wolves of war
twenty-three. the alpha beast of beacon hills
epilogue.
thank you.

nineteen. werewolves of london and genotype

1.3K 49 37
Autorstwa -obriens

third person.

THE NIGHT WAS LONG after the three of them got back to Beacon Hills. Hunters shot into the McCall house, nearly killing Melissa, Mason, Lydia, and Rafael. All four of them were rushed to the hospital to be taken care of. Melissa and Mason both needed surgery to help heal their injuries while Rafael was transported to San Francisco Memorial Hospital. Luna made Scott promise to keep her updated on their recovery. When she asked him what she could do for him, he made her promise to keep an eye on Liam.

"Mason is his best friend," Scott told her. "With him having a hard time controlling his anger with the Anuk-ite around, someone's gotta make sure he doesn't kill anyone."

Now, Theo and Luna are sneaking around Beacon Hills High School keeping an eye on Liam. He took off with Gabe, a hunter that's friends with Nolan, to the boy's locker room. As the two of them walk down the hall to follow them, they hear Gabe hit the floor.

"I don't know anything," he tells Liam as if the werewolf would believe him. "I swear. I don't know what happened at Scott's house."

They hear Liam growl and the sound of clothes rubbing on the floor.

Liam asks, "Did you know who was there?" Louder. "Did you know that Mason was in there?"

"No, I didn't know anything. I don't know anything."

There's scuffling before Gabe groans. Luna opens the door to the locker room quietly, and Theo closes it without Liam noticing. Theo keeps her from going ahead to stop Liam. Luna sees Liam pushing Gabe's head up against the mirror.

"Maybe you haven't noticed lately, but I've been having trouble controlling my anger. When things happen to my friends, I just can't seem to help it."

Gabe pleads, "Liam, wait, please."

Liam growls again and says, "I just get so angry!"

Liam continues to push Gabe's head further into the mirror causing it to crack. Gabe keeps groaning and pleading for him to stop. Blood starts to drip down and onto the white sink as the human grips the edge of it in pain. Luna turns to Theo to silently ask him when they were supposed to intervene. Liam shoves his head into the mirror again.

"You think I'm going to kill you? You think we're all killers? Maybe we should be."

Theo steps out from behind the lockers and stands where he can be seen in the mirror.

He crosses his arms over his chest and is calm as he asks, "You're really gonna kill him?"

Luna steps out from behind the lockers as well and leans against the side of it on her shoulder next to Theo. The coolness of the metal radiates to the back of her exposed neck. Her grey, long-sleeved shirt not doing much to protect her from the air conditioning. Liam turns, his hand still pressing into the side of Gabe's head, to find the two of them standing there watching him.

"I mean, I don't care if you do. But, have you thought this through? Any idea where you're gonna dump the body?" Liam turns back to focus on Gabe. Luna quickly catches on to what he's doing and smiles as if this is all a joke. She witnesses pure panic on Gabe's face. "No one saw you grab him, did they? 'Cause that could be a problem."

"I don't care," Liam states.

Theo's quick with his quip, "I don't care either. But at least help me help. I'm the one with experience here. If we kill him, we'll have to find the witnesses and kill them, too. Which means we're gonna need shovels, some plastic bags, maybe a chainsaw..."

Liam's grip as loosened slightly as Luna jumps in, "We'll definitely need a chainsaw. Take a little trip to dump the pieces where no one can trace them..."

Theo watches her talk with admiration and curiosity. For someone who's never had to get rid of a body before, she knew what needed to be done. Liam lets go of Gabe, and the kid falls to the floor. He's still growling until he sees the bloodied crack in the mirror.

"You guys made your point," Liam says.

"And you didn't kill him," Theo adds. "That's progress."

"Why do you keep trying to save me? I know why Luna is, but what's in it for you? You think it'll make Scott forget about everything you did and he'll just let you into the pack? Scott's never gonna trust you."

"You might want to remember what Scott's goal has been all along. Keep people alive."

From the floor, Gabe says, "He should try harder."

Liam turns around as Luna and Theo's gaze moves from the werewolf to the injured kid.

Liam asks, "What are you talking about?"

Gabe lifts his head. "You don't know, do you?"

Liam glances back at Theo and Luna, but they're just as confused. Theo steps forward as Luna stands up straight.

"Know what?" Theo questions.

When the kid doesn't come right out and say it, Theo lurches forward to grab him by the front of his shirt and lift him up. Gabe returns to his position against the mirror. Luna comes to stand against the sink next to them while Liam chooses to stay behind Theo. The kid has no back bone.

He tells them, "About the other bodies."

"What other bodies?" Liam asks this time.

Theo turns to look at Liam before Luna, the same question rattling around his head. Luna is getting tired of hearing about bodies, presumably dead ones. She didn't know coming back to Beacon Hills was going to be like stepping into a morgue. So many people have died since she's been gone, and she was only gone for a few months. Stiles definitely wouldn't like what's been happening here ever since he left.

It takes little convincing to make Gabe tell them where they were keeping these other bodies. One look at Luna's claws did the trick. He leads them through the school, now closed for the day and night time, to the biology class's back room. They gather around the deep freezer with Luna and Theo standing on either side of Liam as Theo stands next to it and the wall and Luna stands next to Gabe. Gabe opens the deep freezer to reveal three bodies. Each of their eyes and mouth black and carved into like something crawled out of them.

Theo's the first one to speak, "Does the teacher know about this?"

"That's the teacher," Gabe say, nodding to the body closest to them.

Liam's annoyed as he states, "Unless there's a gun in there, too, this isn't helping us find the shooter."

Luna knew the bodies wouldn't help them find the shooter, but they probably would help with the other problems they have been facing.

"Why'd you hide these bodies?" Theo asks. The light of the lamp behind him shines the back of his neck and parts of his cheek when he turns. Luna can't help but keep her stare on him as they talk.

Gabe answers as if it's obvious, "We didn't want to get caught."

"Caught doing what?"

"Testing them. To see if they were werewolves. And they were."

Liam asks, "Just like you tested Corey?"

Luna's eyes snap to Liam before her entire head snaps to Gabe. She straightens her posture and takes a step towards the human. Even though he's much taller than her, she appears taller. He steps back afraid.

"How'd you test Corey?" Luna interrogates. There's a growl behind her words. Liam grabs her arm and pulls her away from the boy.

"It's alright, Luna. You already know Corey's fine," Liam reminds her and that calms her down slightly.

Gabe stutters, "But-But we didn't kill them. Look at their faces. Something else did that."

"The Anuk-ite," Theo states. Luna turns to him, so she doesn't have Gabe in her line of vision.

"The what?" Gabe asks. No one bothers to answer him.

Liam asks his own question, "Why would it want to kill anyone? It feeds off fear. Dead people aren't afraid."

"Maybe the killing is just a by-product."

"Of what?"

"Well, Corey saw two faces on that drawing, right?" Luna asks. Theo nods. "So, it's a by-product of—"

"Of it looking for its other half," Theo finishes. "Which means its looking for a supernatural creature. Someone like us."

"So these three could have been werewolves, just not the ones that the Anuk-ite were looking for," Liam concludes.

Theo turns to Gabe and says, "Which means you've been helping it." Theo closes the lid of the deep freezer. "Idiot."

Luna turns back to Gabe to glare at him as she says tauntingly, "That's already two strikes there, buddy. It's not looking too good for you."

"I don't even know what you guys are talking about," he says. "I was just helping Aaron. It was his idea to test everyone."

"Who's Aaron?" Theo asks.

"He's on the lacrosse team," Liam answers. "He's just a freshman. Aaron didn't want to find more of us. He wanted to find his other half."

"He's the Anuk-ite."

It's quiet for only a moment.

Luna scoffs. "Well, fuck."

〰〰〰

"It's a bad day for finding bodies," Malia states as her and Scott close the freezer. The two turn towards Luna, Liam, and Theo as they stand near the windows.

Liam says, "There's gonna be a lot more if we don't find Aaron's other half."

"Which we know nothing about," Theo adds

Scott says, "We do know one thing. We know it's a werewolf."

"We need to find this other werewolf right now," Liam says in response.

Theo looks between Liam and Scott and adds again, "Preferably before they merge."

"And what we've learned is there are a lot more werewolves in Beacon Hills than we thought," Luna contributes to the conversation as she crosses her arms over her chest.

Scott nods in agreement with Luna's statement as Malia asks, "What happens if they merge?"

Scott looks to Malia as Liam and Theo share a look before they turn to Luna. She places one of her hands on Liam's shoulders.

The alpha says, "I don't know, but I got a feeling that it's not going to be good."

"Any chance you got to put together that army, Scott?" Liam asks, taking a small step forward as Scott looks to him.

Malia answers for him, "You're looking at it."

Luna nods and takes a deep breath as she says, "That's a little disheartening."

"Let's hope this thing doesn't feed off desperation, because this room reeks of it," a voice speaks up from behind Luna causing the five of them to turn towards the door. Luna finds a charcoaled Peter Hale standing in the doorway.

"What happened?" Scott asks. They watch Peter lift up a steering wheel to a car.

He says, "The hunters destroyed my perfect automobile. So, if this thing had anything to do with it, I'd like to see its demise is appropriately painful."

He drops the steering wheel on the window pane. Luna tries to hide her smile as she turns to glance at Theo. She couldn't help but think it a little funny that the man had to lose his car before he joined the fight. As well as the fact that he always seems to be getting burned. Theo met her eye and shook his head at her the small smile on her lips, while trying to hide his own. She controls herself and turns back to Peter.

"I thought you had two cars?" Malia asks. Peter holds up a piece of the car and lets it drop to the floor. Luna, Liam, and Malia watch the part drop as Scott and Theo keep their eyes on the man. Luna can't help the smile any longer.

"There's going to be hell to pay. What are you smiling about, Sasquatch?" Peter immediately asks after trying to come off as intimidating. A laugh escapes her lips.

"Sorry," she says and laughs again. "I just find it hard to take you seriously."

Peter steps forward like he's going to do something, but Scott steps in between them and Theo tugs Luna back by her elbow. Luna's smile doesn't drop as Scott and Malia lead Peter out of the room. Liam looks at her like she's lost her mind, and he just might help her find it.

"What are you doing? Are you trying to get on his bad side?" Liam asks, his eyebrows shooting up into his hairline.

"He has a good side?" Luna jokes and watches as Liam shakes his head. "Come on, Liam. He couldn't do anything. It would've been fine."

"We have a lot of problems going on right now. One of them being Mason and Scott's parents in the hospital and another being the Anuk-it. We don't have time to be keeping you from pissing everyone off," Liam says as his chest starts to raise up and down. Luna's smile drops from her face as she watches Liam struggle to keep calm.

"Okay, Liam, you're right. I'm sorry," Luna apologizes. Liam nods his head and leaves the room. Luna's shoulders drop as she watches him leave. Theo wraps his arm around her shoulders and pulls her into his chest.

"It's okay. He's just more stressed than usual," Theo states as he rubs Luna's back soothingly. Luna melts into his body and places her hands on his hips. Her thumbs rub against his sweater.

"I know. I just should've known better."

There's a moment of silence.

"It was the whole burning thing, wasn't it?" Theo asks.

Luna squeezes his hips and says, "The irony of it is hilarious!"

Theo laughs and pulls away, his hand trailing down her arm. Luna smiles at the sight of his as he turns away from her.

"Let's get out of here."

Theo tugs at her fingers for her to follow him but doesn't hold her hand. Luna follows him out of the back room of the biology lab, but she's lost in thought as she keeps her eyes on his shoulders. Other than last night in the truck when Theo held her hand and just now when he hugged her, they haven't made any moves towards figuring out what was going on between them. Luna didn't know what was going through his mind. One moment he's giving her the cold shoulder, and the next he's so close to her she can't think straight. She guesses they had other things to worry about right now with Liam and his anger issues and the Anuk-ite, but she hated the emotional rollercoaster she was going through with Theo. She knew she needed to get it sorted out soon or it was gonna cause trouble when they were up against real danger.

〰〰〰

The next day Luna, Theo, Liam, Mason, and Scott meats in the animal clinic lobby to talk about the phone Scott and Malia found with the pack in the woods. Luna settles on the desk that Scott put the phone down on as he leans against the doorway into the back. Liam and Mason sit on the desk along the wall the entrance was one where Theo was standing looking outside. Scott presses play on the phone to start the voicemail left on it.

"Hey, it's me again," a woman's voice speaks. "I, uh, don't know why you can't seem to call me back. Maybe it's because you think you're punishing me. But this is too long. It's too much. And it's not about us. Something's happening in Beacon Hills, to the people here. I just-" The group listens to her exhale a breath before continuing. "I just, I need to know everything there with you is okay, so can you just, please, call me, please? One call, that's all I'm asking for, and if you can't call me back, then I'm going to get my answer, anyway. That means I'm coming up there myself. If I don't get a call from you, I'm coming up there. So just try," she sighs, "try to remember, it's my pack, too."

Scott steps forward as the phone beeps to signal the end of the voicemail and shuts the flip phone. Luna picks at her lip with index finger and thumb as she sits with one arm crossed over her abdomen holding up her other arm. The woman on the phone seemed sad and desperate to see whoever's phone this was.

"You pulled this off one of the bodies in the woods?" Theo asks from the door with his hand pressed to the top of the doorway as he leans against it.

Liam answers for Scott, "Malia did."

"Yeah," Scott agrees and steps over to stand between Luna and Liam, "there were six dead bodies and one of them had no face."

Theo steps away from the door to lean on the half wall and asks, "Okay, so the one with no face, you think that's the woman on the phone?"

Scott sits back on the desk that Luna's sitting on and says, "Maybe."

"It's the same thing that happen to Aaron," Mason states, looking between Liam and Scott. "It took over his body, basically stole his face and his DNA." He stands up so he's standing on the left side of Theo. "So that means whoever this woman is, she could be the other half of the Anuk-ite."

"Which means she's just half of the problem," Theo states, looking to Scott. "The other half we already know about, Aaron. "

As Theo points to Liam, Liam says, "We don't know where he is, though."

"But it would be easier to find Aaron than the ghost of whoever's voice that is," Luna speaks up as well as stands straight on her feet. "We should definitely still work on figuring out who that is but we need to find Aaron."

"Yeah," Theo agrees. "Aren't we supposed to keep both halves apart? We know about one half, let's just go for that one."

"I'm not agreeing with Theo," Mason starts, "so I'll agree with Luna. I do think it'd be easier to track down Aaron over a voice on a phone."

"That's basically agreeing with Theo," Liam says, distaste in his voice.

"Yeah. But I thought I'd try to soften the blow a bit," Mason says quietly. Luna laughs as Theo looks at Mason with a hint of hurt and full of disbelief on his face.

"Is everyone completely shocked that I might be right?" Theo asks. Luna walks over to stand in between Mason and Theo and places her hand on her ex's shoulder.

Liam says, "No, we just don't like it." He walks over to stand on the other side of Scott.

"Yeah," Luna says. "You're a little too often than we like you to be."

Theo glares down at her, but she just continues to grin up at him.

"Maybe Luna's right," Scott says. Luna turns to look forward.

"I'm always right but go on," Luna interrupts. Mason and Theo chuckle making Luna give a proud smirk as Scott gives her a look.

"Maybe we should be looking for both. Aaron and the woman on the phone. I mean, since you guys agree..." Scott trails off looking between the three in front of him.

"Wait, you mean me and-" Mason starts.

Theo finishes, "Him?"

"And me," Luna adds and then thinks about it by looking off into space above her. "But I guess I make more sense," she says quietly.

"Yeah," Scott says, ignoring Luna's interruption. "You three find Aaron. Liam and I will try to figure out whose voice is on the phone."

Theo and Mason look at each other as Luna snaps out of her momentary daydream. She wraps her arms around Theo and Mason.

"If we find either half," Liam says while looking down at the phone he picked up off the desk, "maybe we don't have to fight at all. Stop the Anuk-ite."

"Stop the war," Scott says. Luna smiles.

"Ooo, I just got chills. Did anyone else get chills?" She looks between Theo and Mason. Theo only shakes his head as Mason gets out from under her arm.

"Let's just get this over with," Theo says as he stands up straight, causing Luna's arm to slide off his shoulder. She smoothly slips her fingers in between his to hold his hand.

"Alright, gang, time to split up and look for clues," Luna states, her voice changing, before pointing between Scott and Liam. "Shaggy, Scooby, you two look for the woman on the phone. Fred, Velma, and I will look for Aaron."

Liam starts to laugh while Theo shakes his head and starts pulling her towards the door, but he cuts his laugh short as a confused expression takes over his face.

"Wait, who's Scooby?"

Luna laughs loudly as Scott lets Liam know that the Beta is Scooby. She follows Theo closely, holding the door open wide enough for Mason to follow them out. Theo leads them over to his truck that he hadn't bothered to park a great distance away from the animal clinic. He opens the passenger door and motions for Luna to get inside.

"Oh, I can sit up front now?" Luna asked, a bright smile on her face. Theo doesn't look impressed as he stares her down. As she goes to get in the truck, he pulls her back and motions to Mason.

"Here you go, Mason. You can have the front seat," Theo says. Luna stops and stares at the side of Theo's face. She finds a hint of a smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.

Luna laughs but there's no humor behind it. She says, "You're not funny."

Mason opens the back door and says, "Alright, let's go, lovebirds."

As the younger of the three gets in the truck, Theo's eyes look directly into Luna's and his free hand extends palm up towards the truck. Luna shakes her head and lets go of Theo's hand to climb in. She feels his hand on her hip as he helps her in, and her cheeks turn a light shade of red as she settles herself in the passenger seat. Her eyes meet Theo's again as he checks to make sure she's in before he closes the door. The smirk on his face as he walks around the front truck tells her that he definitely saw her flustered blush.

"Are you guys officially back together?" Mason asks as he peaks around her seat to look at her. She keeps her eye on Theo as she turns to answer her friend.

"I have no idea."

Luna was really getting tired of just the small touches here and there every few days. The two of them had already done a lot more. They have history. If Theo was ready to give them another shot, they need to talk about it. She knew that he was hesitant but slow had never been Theo's speed, and it definitely wasn't Luna's anymore.

Hi, guys! Everything is coming to a head as well as to an end! I'm on episode 18 of 19 so there's going to be a couple more chapters and an epilogue and then the story of Luna and Theo is over! It's totally crazy that its taken 4 years but we made it!

It's slow and steady with Theo but Luna doesn't want it to be. Will everything blow up next chapter as they're down in the sewer looking for Aaron? Not just they're relationship status but what happened during Luna's summer away?

Edit: UMMM??? The guy who plays Aaron in Teen Wolf is Camilo in Encanto??? The way my life will continue to tie back to Teen Wolf is insane!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Please vote and comment what you think!

-chelsie
word count: 3866

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

321K 11.5K 68
𝐅𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐃 | ❝ I'm not Divergent, I'm Fractured. ❞ ━ IN WHICH Rita Rose, a young Factionless girl is given the chance of a lifetime. Or, al...
183K 4.5K 31
"If anyone asks where you're going, lie, baby, lie." She's the sister of Lucifer, the most dangerous drug dealer in Los Angeles. He's the devil's rig...
154K 3.3K 17
"You really do miss him, don't you?" "I do Clark." "Even after everything he did to you?" "Yes." "Why?" "Because I loved him." Sequel to "The P...
14.7K 747 64
People think the solutions of our problems depend on weakness or strength, but sometimes they are in someone else's hands... " women can't fix my...