A Ripple In The Pond || Sylvi...

By SpiderGirl_04

What if Sylvie did have a person on the other side of the universe that was waiting for her? This is just a... More

Chapter 1: And There You Were
Chapter 2: Did The Scream Make You Feel Better?
Chapter 4: Attraction or Distraction?
Chapter 5: The Variant
Chapter 6: For All Time. Always

Chapter 3: Right Place, Wrong Time

134 4 0
By SpiderGirl_04

    "I told you this was a bad idea!" Emilia shouted back at Sylvie.

    "I was following your lead!" Sylvie snapped back as she punched a guard across the face with her golden diadem. "And that seems to be going quite well doesn't it?" Her words were dripping with sarcasm, like a viper's fangs laced with venom.

    "Just shut up and fight!" Emilia roundhouse kicked a guard in the head, then throwing a blast of fire at his chest.

    "Piss off!" Sylvie hissed.

    Especially in situations of intense combat, tensions between Emilia and Sylvie rose exponentially. They often bickered with one another, sending quips back and forth whilst fighting off whomever stood in their way.

    A satisfied smirk grew across Sylvie's face as she glanced at the unconscious body on the floor. Shoving the diadem back on her head, the mischievous goddess blew a piece of hair out of her face. She glanced around for her next target, hand tightly gripping the hilt of her prized machete.

    Sylvie promptly moved onto the next guard that stood before her in the luminescent, abandoned bar. "Let's work something out." The guard said cautiously. "If you come with us, we won't hurt you and your partner."

Sylvie scrunched her nose slightly, smirking maliciously. "I've gutted men alive for less."

Hearing the metal ring through the air as Sylvie swung her blade, the enchantress let out an angry grunt before kicking the guard into the bar counter. The guard dodged her machete as it got lodged into the metal counter beside him. Sylvie attempted to dislodge it, but before she could, the guard punched Sylvie in the face. She growled in frustration before swinging her leg over the guard's head, hooking the crook of her knee around the back of the guard's neck. She furiously ripped her machete out of the counter and with a quick jab, she drove her blade into the guard's chest. The body fell to the ground with a heavy thud as the goddess retracted her machete.

    Sylvie glanced over at her partner. Emilia grabbed a large, red bottle off the counter and threw it in the direction of the guard, throwing a ball of fire at the bottle. It exploded, engulfing the ceiling and surrounding area in orange and yellow flames, knocking the female guard unconscious as the glass and fire scattered the room like confetti. The two made briefly eye contact, a twinkle in both their eyes as they had come to enjoy fighting alongside each other.

    The moment was broken when a guard charged towards Emilia, throwing her over the bar counter. As he peered over to look for the thrown woman, Emilia jumped over the counter and hooked her legs around the guard's neck. She grunted loudly, baring her teeth like a hungry wolf. As the guard attempted to loosen Emilia's grip, she grabbed his arm and the two to flipped through green glass table.

Sylvie watched as Emilia and the guard fell into a glass table, shattering it in the process. Emilia twisted his arm, making the guard let out a wail in pain. She blasted the guard with a blast of fire so forceful, it threw him through the stone floor. Emilia watched the guard disappeared in a flurry of dust. After brushing away pieces of broken glass, she walked over to Sylvie. "I didn't teach you that." The goddess said with a quizzical yet amused expression.

"I don't learn everything from you." Emilia grinned.

    It had been almost a year since Sylvie and Emilia had began traveling together. In that time, Sylvie had taught Emilia how to control her powers and emotions and taught her how to fight as best she could. Although Sylvie would never say it out loud, having an extra set of hands had been very helpful numerous times. But Sylvie would never admit to even herself how hard she had fallen for the extraordinary woman. The last thing she needed was to lose the one person who she cared for besides herself.

    And Emilia herself had changed since she began traveling with the hedonistic goddess of mischief. She wore much more tactical, red clothing and became accustomed to running. Like Sylvie, her head was constantly on a swivel. Sylvie had started calling Emilia "Mia" one day because apparently "Emilia" took too long to say, whatever that meant. Since then, the nickname had stuck.

    There were few times in the former doctor's life where she had seen people die in front of her, but she never thought she would be the one taking those lives, in self defense of course. But the feeling of taking a life never faded in Emilia's psyche, despite Sylvie telling her to let them go and that it wasn't worth the mental strain.

    "Where is it anyway?" Emilia asked. She was asking about the power source to recharge the Tempad.

    After a fall, Sylvie broke the Tempad. It took days to fix, but they still needed a strong power source to charge it fully. After arriving on a planet called Praxius IX, Emilia figured out that the source they needed was located in the city center, the heaviest guarded place in the city. Praxius IX was no place for either of them. Because of their abilities, both women were considered "collector's items" that could be sold for billions of units as weapons.

    Sylvie stopped in her tracks at Emilia's question. "You don't know where we're going?" She questioned.

    "No." Emilia shrugged.

    The goddess let out an annoyed sigh. "Oh my god! You don't have a plan."

    Emilia shifted, putting her hands on her hips. "I have a plan." She said, almost offended. "Find the power source we need to charge the Tempad. Simple."

    The two slowly began walking down the hallway, continuing to argue back and worth. "That's a shit plan."

    "No it's not. It seems reasonable to me. And you didn't say anything."

"Because I thought you had a plan! What you have isn't a plan. Your thing was just punching your way through everyone."

Emilia raised a challenging brow. "Remind you of anyone?"

Sylvie scowled slightly. She knew Emilia was referencing her. "I always have a plan. Besides, plans involve multiple steps."

    Fed up with Sylvie, the red head rolled her icy blue eyes and walked down the hall, ignoring the woman beside her. The hallway walked down a dimly lit hallway, Sylvie with her teal machete held tightly in her hand. Emilia could feel a faint tingle of heat in her hands, ready to ignite anything and anyone who stood in their way.

    As they reached an intersection in the hallway, a guard came around the corner and elbowed Emilia in the nose. Before Sylvie could react, Emilia kicked the guard's knee cap, grabbed her head and kneed her in the face. The guard's body fell unconscious, her face bloodied from the blow she had taken. Emilia wiped the blood away from her nose and shook her head. "Not bad." Sylvie said nonchalantly, looking down at the body and walking over it.

    Emilia sent a small smirk Sylvie's way. "I learned from the best." Emilia smirked, as she continued to walk down the hallway.

    Sylvie watched Emilia's hips sway in the dark hallway, a small smirk appearing on her thin lips. It was hard to hate Emilia. One minute she was sarcastic, and the next she was soft and vulnerable. For a moment, it reminded Sylvie of herself. She let out a huff before quickly following her partner.

    The two eventually reached a locked door. Sylvie gazed down at the keypad before simply smashing it with her elbow, sending sparks flying. The doors slid open, revealing another dark room. And right in the middle was a platform. A small box glowed purple on the platform as if it were pulsating. The room was completely empty other than a few lights. "This is some real Indiana Jones shit." Emilia said as she looked around the room, her voice echoing as it bounced off the walls.

    Sylvie turned toward Emilia with a confused gaze. "Who?" She asked.

    Emilia turned towards the beautiful woman beside her with a shocked expression. "You don't—you've never—you know what? Forget it. I'll tell you later." She shook her head in disbelief.

    They returned their focus back towards the power source they so desperately needed. This planet was doomed for destruction in about a day and a half luckily. "Let's get the power source and get out of here before we're burned alive." Sylvie said determined.

    Emilia watched worryingly as her partner strode up to the battery and swiped it from its place. She worried that it would trigger some sort of alarm but there was nothing to indicate a sign of disturbance. Sylvie connected the tempad and battery so it could charge before putting it in her belt.  The two walked through the same hallway and when they rounded a corner, they were met with five people who appeared to be soldiers of some kind.

    Sylvie's breath hitched when she saw the soldiers. They were wearing all black and held weapons, one end was glowing orange while the other had a long pointed spear tip. "On behalf of the Time Variance Authority, you have broken the laws of the sacred timeline and are under arrest. Put your hands where we can see them variant." A tall, dark skinned woman commanded calmly yet loudly.

    "You!" Sylvie snarled.

    Emilia looked down at Sylvie's hands that began to be surrounded by a luminescent, almost hellish green glow and hummed loudly. Her magic swirled around her delicate fingers. The glow shown brighter and brighter as her anger grew.

"Hello again." The woman said in an eerily calm voice.

Emilia wondered what the Time Variance Authortiy was but thought it best not to question Sylvie right now. "You've hunted me like a pack of wild dogs since I was a child!"

Sylvie's magic coursed through her as much as the blood do in her cold veins. Her magic had grown from surrounding her hands to concentrated raging balls of green magic. Although her face was strong and stoic, Emilia could see the fear in her eyes. "We're not coming with you." The fiery red head said, holding her hands out ready to fight.

    Sylvie glanced at Emilia who's eyes began to glow bright orange. The blonde goddess turned her attention back towards the soldiers. "Fine." The woman said annoyed. She cocked her weapon and the orange tip glowed brighter. "Prune them."

    The rest of the soldiers ignited their weapons and charged towards the women. Emilia had no idea what "pruning" was but it didn't sound good. One guard lunged toward Emilia but she avoided it and grabbed the end of the "prune stick", which is the name Emilia had mentally dubbed it moments earlier. She kicked her leg over the soldier's arm and pushed down as she pulled up with her arms, breaking the soldier's arm. He let out a shrill scream before Emilia blasted him with her fire, sending him flying backwards into a pipe.

    Sylvie artfully used her machete to slice through the armor of one soldiers while she kicked the other into the wall. She grabbed a prune stick that had fallen to the floor and she pruned one of the soldiers. Emilia watched as the soldier dissipated into a fan of blue and golden sparks. Sylvie ran backwards, ramming the guard into the wall with all her might and biting his arm.

    The main guard ran towards Sylvie and Emilia, but seemed to have an eye on Sylvie. She lunged forward with the pruning end of her weapon, but Emilia kicked the soldier in the knees, causing her to twist her body. The prune end barely missed Sylvie's torso but the spear end did not. As the soldier attempted to slow her fall, the end of the spear was violently drug across Sylvie's abdomen. Emilia watched in horror and winced as she heard her partner's delicate flesh rip apart.

    Sylvie was used to pain. She had taken more than enough beatings and had been stabbed more times than she can count and she had the scars to prove that she could take a beating. Sylvie gritted her teeth and grunted loudly in pain as the sharp metal cut through her tunic, trying her best not to bite her tongue.

    Filled with rage and worry, Emilia felt her body begin to burn hotter than it ever had before. The rage inside of her as she watched the woman she secretly cared for get hurt was almost enough for her to break. She squeezed her fists together and watched as her skin became so hot, it glowed like coals in a fire. Emilia felt the energy release from her body, and when it did, every single soldier that had attacked them was incinerated into ash, leaving only Sylvie and Emilia in the hall. Sylvie watched as the guard who had attacked her turned into ash and blew away. As she collapsed against the wall and slid down, she looked up in amazement at Emilia. A weak smirk grew in her face. "You continue to amaze me." Sylvie said in a breathless yet calm voice.

    Emilia chuckled as she tucked a piece of her bright hair behind her ear. Emilia's smile was the one thing that lit up Sylvie's dark world. It was the one thing that motivated her to keep her what she was doing. As Sylvie attempted to chuckle, she winced in pain as she stared down at her abdomen. Removing her hand from her wound, she realized how bloody it was. Emilia immediately grabbed Sylvie's machete and allowed the goddess to use her as a crutch. "Let's go take care of you." Emilia said looking down the hallway.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2 0 8
This is meant for me but if you happen to stumble upon it and it peaks your interest, I do hope you enjoy it. I am not a professional nor do i have a...
355K 10.6K 46
"I'm sorry" you said to him, not taking your eyes away from the screen. "I beg your pardon?" Now it was his turn to be confused. He turned to look at...
356K 10.4K 55
"Nice to see you again, darling.", he smirked at her, tracing his index finger along her jawline. "Shut up, Laufeyson.", the young lady snapped back...
4.3K 179 43
One night, a sword chose a wielder with a loving heart, an understanding mind, and a brave soul. A God of Mischief chose a path of carnage, influence...