Backstabber (Five Hargreeves...

By characters_need_love

[ON HOLD TEMPORARILY] backstabber : a co-worker or friend assumed trustworthy but who figuratively attacks wh... More

Check In
Introduction
We Only See Each Other at Weddings and Funerals
Run Boy Run Pt.1
Run Boy Run Pt.2
Run Boy Run Pt.3
Run Boy Run Pt.4
Run Boy Run Pt.5
Memes Pt.1
Extra Ordinary Pt.1
Extra Ordinary Pt.2
Man on the Moon Pt.1
Man on the Moon Pt.2
Man on the Moon Pt.3
Man on the Moon Pt.4
Tagged
Memes Pt.2
The Past of the Mystery Girl Pt. 1
The Past of the Mystery Girl Pt.2
Number Five
Memes Pt.3
The Day That Wasn't Pt.1
The Day That Wasn't Pt.2
The Day That Was Pt.1
Memes Pt.4
The Day That Was Pt.2
The Day That Was Pt.3
The Day That Was Pt.4
Memes Pt.5
Rescue the Princess Pt.1
Rescue the Princess Pt.2
Rescue the Princess Pt.3
Rescue the Princess Pt.4
Memes Pt.6
Rescue the Princess Pt.5
Fictional Crush Q&A Tag
Rescue the Princess Pt.6
Rescue the Princess Pt.7
Rescue the Princess Pt.8
Rescue the Princess Pt.9
Rescue the Princess Pt.10
Rescue the Princess Pt.11
Rescue the Princess Pt.12
Memes Pt.7
Rescue the Princess Pt.13
๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ’€Halloween Special๐Ÿ’€๐ŸŽƒ
What Will Happen (Important A/N)
Rescue the Princess Pt.14
I Heard a Rumor Pt.1
I Heard a Rumor Pt.2
One of u needs to come clean
I Heard a Rumor Pt.3
Not a Chapter but Important
I Heard a Rumor Pt.4
I Heard a Rumor Pt.5
I Heard a Rumor Pt.6
Memes Pt.8
I Heard a Rumor Pt.7
I Heard a Rumor Pt.8
I Heard a Rumor Pt.9
Changes Pt.1
Changes Pt.2
Changes Pt.3
Changes Pt.4
Memes Pt.9
Changes Pt.5
Changes Pt.6
Q&A Pt.1
Changes Pt.7
Changes Pt.8
Changes Pt.9
Changes Pt.10
Changes Pt.11
Changes Pt.12
Memes Pt.10
Changes Pt.13
Changes Pt.14
The White Violin Pt.1
The White Violin Pt.2
The White Violin Pt.4
Public Apology
The White Violin Pt.5 (Final Part)
Memes Pt.11
Memes Pt.12
Five in Wonderland: Down the Rabbit Hole
Five in Wonderland: Advice From a Caterpillar
Five in Wonderland: The Grinning Cat
Five in Wonderland: A Mad Tea Party
Five in Wonderland: The Queens' Croquet Ground
Five in Wonderland: Who Stole the Tarts
Five in Wonderland: Five's Evidence (Final Part)
Introduction 2
Right Back Where We Started
The Frankel Footage
The Swedish Job
The Majestic 12 Pt.1
The Majestic 12 Pt.2
The Creatures of the Night Pt.1

The White Violin Pt.3

638 31 7
By characters_need_love

( Author: Early update this weekend! It's my birthday tomorrow and I wasn't sure if I'd have time to post so I just decided to update today💘 )

Song Choice: Olivia Rodrigo - Traitor

"I want to know how the hell you found me. I had no tracking device on me." Five demanded, antagonized.

The Handler grinned widely, like she was waiting patiently for him to ask that. "We weren't tracking you. We tracked just a little unsuspecting mouse."

Five raised a brow at this. "Who were you tracking?"

"You can come in sweetie, I know you're there." Handler called out and Five turned to the door with caution, ready to fight whoever was to walk in. His heart stopped when (Y/n) opened the door and stepped in the room looking just as shocked as he was.

"(Y/n)?" Five asked in sad confusion.

Said girl looked back and forth between Five and the Handler with wide eyes and parted lips.

"You sold me out?" Five asked, his freshly healed heart cracking once again. "Why are you even working with the Handler? You're enemies." He said as he walked up to (Y/n) and studied her guilty yet lost face, wanting an immediate answer.

"Oh don't be so hard on her, we did it behind her back." The Handler defended from the couch. Five turned to the woman, still lost in this situation.

"We tried to get her to sell you out but the once cold, schadenfreude psycho with no sympathy somehow had a change of heart. The monster who once live streamed her massacre of all the residents of a small neighborhood in the middle of nowhere is now siding with the heroes she once despised to stop the apocalypse. The same apocalypse she used to probably have wet dreams about. Funny how the world works."

Five turned to (Y/n) who looked at him in an apologetic way. "I-I'm so sorry, Five! If I knew they were tracking me then I wouldn't have gone back to you! I'm sorry I deserve the blame-" Five cut off her apologetic cries, even though it really technically wasn't her fault. "You... didn't... rat me out?"

(Y/n)'s utterly remorseful upset expression shifted to a more calm one. "Of course not. I told you that I'm on your side now. I would never do that to you after you forgave me for all the profane stuff I've done."

Five looked at her without realizing he was staring. She really was serious about officially being on their side instead of an enemy's. He told her he forgave her enough to give her another chance to prove herself but not enough to trust her again. But she did it... she unintentionally proved herself to him. All of a sudden... he felt safe with her again. He now... trusted her again.

He now saw her as truly his trustworthy, loyal ally instead of someone he felt like he was standing on thin ice with as she could stab him in the back at any time. He didn't know how (Y/n) and Handler's conversation went, but she must've tried to blackmail her into helping the Commission. Whatever was said, (Y/n) stuck to her promise and resisted Handler.

Everything (Y/n) had worked towards and all the choices she had made were tested. That was her chance to prove herself. And she unknowingly pulled it off.

Even though (Y/n) knew she hadn't done anything that would negatively impact Five just by talking to the Handler, she still felt guilty for talking with the Handler when being on Five's side. She knew that was a stupid thing to feel sorry about since she shut down the Handler's offer. But she just felt gross about it. That's why she got sick at the bowling alley. She thought that if she told Five about it he would be suspicious of her. So she kept quiet about it and lied right to Five's face. The Handler gave a few vague hints of when danger would approach so (Y/n) did her best to get Five to dodge it but have it come across as a coincidence that they avoided it. That's why she got Five to leave the Academy at dusk.

But (Y/n) ran through her memory of her and the Handler's conversation, trying to pinpoint a time the Handler would've placed some sort of tracking device on her.

(Y/n) walked out of the Despair Facility from one of the side doors. Tears were streaming down her red cheeks as she hiccuped and gasped on her own sobs. She looked down at herself to confirm that she actually did what she thought she did. Her top had a big blood splatter around the middle and her chest, feeling the red liquid soak through the fabric and get on her stomach skin, and her forearms and hands were covered in wet blood.

Her breathing slowed as her heartbeat quickened before she jumped at the sound of alarms from the building and looked back at it. She guessed Lana Griz's body was discovered and she bolted off near the street. She didn't run for very long when a limo slowed down next to her. She stopped to look at the tinted windows. Her first guess out of paranoia was that one of the Facility members caught up to her. Her next two were that it was someone who wanted to or was sent to kill her or that it was a creep. But deep down she hoped it was one of the Hargreeves.

The tinted car window rolled down before a head popped out. The Handler. "Hello there." She said with a smile. (Y/n) put herself mentally on guard.

The Handler looked the girl up and down with a sly smirk. "Ya know, you're not so intimidating when you look like a depressed sewer rat." (Y/n) didn't falter at all and just stared at the woman.

The Handler opened up the car door to reveal the long, plush couch in the limo and tilted her head to signal her to come in. (Y/n) only glared, not trusting anything in this situation. The Handler was nothing but trouble and deliberate problems. She's ordered for Five's death, she's a leader of the organization that's an enemy of the Despair Facility, she hates (Y/n)'s guts, she wants (Y/n) dead too, AND she's one of the main sources of the apocalypse. (Y/n) really genuinely didn't want anything to do with her.

"Come on, hop on in. I don't bite." She said, scooting over and patting the seat in front of her.

"I do, when I feel threatened." (Y/n) replied, her eyes narrowing at the older woman.

The two stared at each other for a few moments, the Handler with a patient face and position. (Y/n) rolled her eyes and got in the car, knowing she could handle herself if things went sideways.

"What do you want?" (Y/n) asked when she sat down across from her, the car beginning to drive. The Handler folded her hands in her lap. "I'm assuming you'll be crawling back to Five very soon and at exactly 10:28 tonight I want you to tell me Five's exact location so that he'll come to me exactly at 10:32. Well that is if he survives past dusk."

(Y/n) only glared, her legs spread with her arms resting on her knees as she was still very mentally drained. "And why on earth do you think I would do that?"

"Because you want to protect the one you love the most." She said smoothly. (Y/n) raised a brow but in her head she slightly panicked, thinking she was about to be blackmailed with a certain boy in school shorts.

"The last time I visited your beloved Miss Lana Griz, whom you're so obsessed with, I placed an explosive device as big as a nickel in her office. Do as I say and your queen will remain alive and well."

(Y/n) wanted to laugh in her face so badly but she held back and leaned back in her seat. "She does remain alive and well... in our hearts."

The Handler's cunning expression dropped.

"You're about an hour too late. I've already killed Miss Lana Griz." In full honesty, (Y/n) regretted killing Lana but deep down she knew for sure it was one of the best decisions she's made in a very very long time.

The Handler's eyes widened, almost not believing it. She really couldn't see (Y/n) killing Lana at all. She worshipped the ground she walked on and dreamed of being just like her. But the Handler found a small ounce of sadness in her heart for the death of Lana. "Huh." She let out, letting her straight back fall on the couch as her eyes looked in the distance with a humored smile and her tongue pressing in her cheek. "So she's really gone."

The Handler snapped out of it and thought of another way to get (Y/n) to serve this small order and task. "How about I offer you a place of leadership in the Commission? I know how fond you are of power." She said, obviously lying because she would rather lay in the way of a lawnmower than let a Despair Facility possum have any drip of say in the Commission.

"Still no. That's not the way I want to rule." (Y/n) rejected. The Handler scoffed, running out of patience. "Oh come on. You love destruction and suffering and you were obviously a fan of, and rooting for, the end of the world so we're basically on the same side."

(Y/n) shook her head, almost offended she paired them up in the same group. "Not anymore. I'm on Five and the Umbrella Academy's side now. I'm a different person than who I used to be." The Handler laughed out loud. "Oh please!" Her voice grew dark in disgust against the girl. "Once a monster, always a monster. Your soul is as sacrilegious as the Devils you worship."

(Y/n) held her gasp but showed a greatly offended and angered emotion on her face. She leaned closer to the window that led to the driver. "Stop here!" The limo came to an abrupt stop and (Y/n) stood up to harshly unlock and push the door open as she hopped out and onto the sidewalk, slamming the door afterward.

The Handler peeped her head out of the still open window with a polite waving hand. "See you at the end of time!"

(Y/n) clenched her jaw and leaned closer to the woman. "No, because I believe that Five and his family will stop it! I know that they'll find a way! And even if they don't stop it today, they will in the end! I know they will!"

The Handler wanted to crush the hope in (Y/n)'s heart and see the stupid look on her face so she sarcastically spat. "That's funny because one of his family members is the one who brings the apocalypse."

(Y/n)'s whole face jumped. "W-what? Who?!"

The Handler looked at her watch then back at the girl. "Well look at the time! I've got places to go. Au revoir~" And the limo began driving away, (Y/n) angrily kicking a headlight as it passed.

Little did she know she was being tracked from the word "goodbye".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.1K 307 25
love got me confused and scared โ”โ”โ” ยฉlcveaidan book two of the pause series.
1.7K 129 19
I never knew that betrayal would come my way...especially when it was my own blood who commited the crime. The person I love...the family I once knew...
6.9K 183 18
- โœฐ - "๐—”๐—ณ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—ฎ๐—น๐—น ๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ถ๐—บ๐—ฒ?" ๐—”๐—ถ๐—ฑ๐—ฎ๐—ป ๐—ฎ๐˜€๐—ธ๐˜€, ๐—ธ๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐—ฑ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ธ ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ธ ๐—ฒ๐˜†๐—ฒ๐—ฏ๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐˜„๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ผ๐—ด๐—ฒ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ...
3.4K 355 76
When being betrayed by the who is close to you.