Our Secret

By Licutie269

Coralina Routledge, twin sister of John Booker Routledge, needs a distraction from the chaos of her life. He... More

Our secret November Part 1
Our Secret November Part 2
Our Secret December 3
Our Secret Christmas Part 4
New Years Eve Part 5
Our Secret January Part 6
Our Secret Valentine's Day Part 7
Our Secret February Part 8
Our Secret March Part 9
Our Secret April Part 10
Our Secret Sophomore Social Part 11
Our Secret Aftermath 1 Part 12
Our Secret Aftermath 2 Part 13
Our Secret May Part 14
Our Secret Memorial Day Part 15
Memorial Day 2 Part 16
June Part 17
June 2 Part 18
4th of July/July Part 19
Pilot 1 Our Secret Part 20
Pilot 2 Our Secret Part 21
Pilot 3 Our Secret Part 22
Pilot 4 Our Secret Part 23
Lucky Compass 1 Part 24
Lucky Compass 2 Part 25
The Forbidden Zone 1 part 26
The Forbidden Zone 2 Part 27
The Forbidden Zone 3 Part 28
Spy Games 2 Part 30
Midsummers 1 Part 31
Midsummers 2 Part 32
Parcel 9 (1) Part 33
Parcel 9 (2) Part 34
Parcel 9 (3) Part 35
Parcel 9 (4) Part 36
Dead Calm 1 Part 37
Dead Calm 2 Part 38
The Runway 1 Part 39
The Runway 2 Part 40
Bell Tower 1 Part 41
The Phantom 1 Part 42
The Phantom 2 Part 43
Cleo Part 44
The Gold 1 Part 45
The Gold 2 Part 46
The Heist 1 Part 47
Prayers 1 Part 48
Homecoming 1 Part 49
Homecoming 2 Part 50
Homecoming 3 Part 51
The Darkest Hour 1 Part 52
My Druthers 1 Part 53
My Druthers 2 Part 54
My Druthers 3 Part 55
Bonfire 1 Part 56
Bonfire 2 Part 57
The Cross 1 Part 58
The Cross 2 Part 59
Trapped 1 Part 60
Trapped 2 Part 61
Coastal Venture 1 Part 62
Coastal Venture 2 Part 63
Poguelandia 1 Part 64
Pouguelandia 2 Part 65
The Bells 1 Part 66
The Bells 2 Part 67
Fathers and Sons Part 68
The Diary Part 69
Heists 1 Part 70
Heists 2 Part 71
The Dark Forest 1 Part 72
Dark Forest 2 Part 73
Happy Anniversary Part 74
Happy Anniversary 2 Part 75
Tapping the Rudder Part 76
Tapping the Rudder 2 Part 77
Welcome to Kitty Hawk Part 78
Welcome to Kitty Hawk 2 Part 79
Secret of the Gnomon part 80
Secret of the Gnomon Part 81

Spy Games 1 Part 29

2.6K 39 2
By Licutie269

"It's not there.  Just bring the drone back up," John B told Pope angrily.

"We can do another pass.  Recharge the battery," Pope offered, "We can go back down," he said as John B paced.

"Guys, we've been through it three times.  There's nothing down there," JJ called over his shoulder from the wheelhouse.

"JJ," Coral hissed as Kie yelled at him to shut up. 

Glancing at her JJ shook his head, "No one wants you to find it more then me, but you know it's true."

Sighing Coral nodded.  They'd found the shipwreck, but no gold.  Their high had quickly turned low each time they'd passed the drone through the wreck below and came up empty handed.

"The gold could be buried," Kie suggested.

"No, it would've been picked up on the metal detector," John B told her, "Someone beat us to it," he declared.

"Or it was never there," JJ grumbled next to her gripping the wheel.  

"JJ," she whispered as the boy used both hands to turn the boat around.  Glancing down at her he held his arm out allowing her to tuck herself close to him, "Sorry, Baby Girl," he apologized.

Pulling up to the dock at The Chateau, John B jumped out to tie off the boat, "Coral you coming?" he asked looking down at her still inside Heyward's boat.

"No, JJ and I have something to do in town.  I'll be home later," she told him as he nodded and took off down the dock.

"John B," Kie called.

"Just let him go," Coral told the girl as Pope untied them from the dock and JJ steered them back towards Heyward's.  "I just feel bad," Kie told her.

"I know, but he just needs to be alone."

Pulling up to Heyward's dock the four climbed from the boat, "So we'll meet at The Wreck and head down to the river park?" Kie questioned as the others nodded.  

"We'll see you later," Coral called as she and JJ headed around the side of the shop towards town. 

"You really want to go to this movie, tonight?" JJ asked, "You know the river park is like in the middle of kook land," he reminded her.

"I know, but we need to just chill for the night," she answered as they walked down to the clinic in the middle of town.  

"Ms. Routeledge," the receptionist greeted as they walked inside, "JJ," she stated as the boy smirked at her.  "How you doing, Miss Emmie?" JJ greeted with a wink.

"Doing alright," Emmie answered, "What brings you two by?"

"Coral, had the unfortunate experience of having a run in with a kook who decided to use her arm as a putting tee," JJ answered pointing at the bruise on her arm, "We wanted to have her looked at."

"JJ, I said it was fine," Coral spoke up with an eye roll.

Ignoring her JJ told Emmie about her anxiety too, "She was on some medication a few years back.  Was hoping to get something for her again."

Nodding Emmie told them to follow her as she led them further into the clinic and put them in a room, "I'm gonna go grab your chart to see what you had," she told Coral before shutting the door and leaving them alone.

"You didn't have to tell her about my arm."

"Yes I did and we're sure as shit sending the bill to Rafe Cameron," he answered.  Rolling her eyes she walked over to the window and pulled the blinds up.

Furrowing her brow she leaned closer to the window, "JJ," she called, "John B is running through town," she said as she watched her brother run down the street.

"What?" JJ questioned coming up behind her.

"Fuck," Coral swore ducking out of sight, "That's Cheryl," she realized recognizing the woman following after her brother.

"She's got a cop with her," JJ told her still watching out the window, "They must've come for you guys," he reasoned.  

"Shit, now what?" she asked wide eyed.

Dropping the blinds to the window JJ began to pace, "Let me think," he said, running his finger across his lip, "Okay, they're obviously busy chasing John B.  I say we get back to your house, grab some stuff, and then take the dirt bike and hide out at Pope's or Kie's."

Thinking it over she nodded, "Let's go," she decided standing up just as Emmie opened the door, "Oh hey, sorry but something came up and we have to go," Coral told her. 

Confused Emmie looked between the two, "Well I checked your chart and I had Doc S write you out a script," she said holding up a prescription, "Phone lines are still down so I can't just call it in," she explained.

"Great thanks," Coral told her taking the paper as JJ pulled her from the room, "See you later," she called over shoulder. 

Hurrying through the woods JJ slowed down as they got closer to The Chateau, "I don't see anyone watching the place," he told her before they sprinted across the yard and into the house. 

Rushing into her room Coral grabbed her bookbag and started shoving clothes inside as JJ did the same, "I left my window unlocked at my dad's so if we need to we can head there tonight," he told her.

"That's a good idea," she said flipping the lock on her own window, "Just in case we can't come in through the door."

"Alright, let's get the hell out of here before they come back to look for you."

"Wait.  I don't want those assholes looking through my stuff," she said before locking her bedroom door from the outside.  Shoving her key into her bag she hurried into the kitchen.

Grabbing the coffee can on top of the fridge she pulled out a wad of cash, "They ain't getting the squirrel fund either," she declared tucking the money into her bag before following JJ outside.

Climbing onto JJ's dirtbike Coral held on tight as he sped them back towards town and to Heyward's. 

Pulling up to the back dock of Heyward's JJ barely had time to shut the bike off before Pope was barreling towards them. 

"They know!"

"Who knows what?" JJ questioned looking at his wide eyed friend. 

"Topper and Rafe know.  They know what I did," Pope hissed. 

"They don't know shit," JJ countered. 

"They do," Pope declared, "They were posted up out front mad dogging me earlier.  They know."

Clasping Pope's shoulder JJ looked at the boy, "Look, anyone asks you about anything you just look them in the eye and."

"Deny the living shit out of it," Pope interrupted.  Nodding JJ took a step back, "Damn right, deny, deny, deny," he repeated. 

"And if anyone comes at us we got protection," JJ continued pointing to his backpack on his back. 

"I don't think pulling a gun would be a good idea," Coral whispered shaking her head, "I'm trying to stay off everyone's radar," she reminded him.

"Its for emergencies," JJ responded. 

Looking between the two Pope noticed they both had backpacks on, "What's going on? You both running away from home?"

"Quite the opposite actually," Coral retorted, "I want to stay in my home but Cheryl at DCS is insisting on taking us away from it."

"We saw John B running from Cheryl and that big beefy cop earlier.  We think they came for them," JJ clarified when Pope looked confused. 

"Shit," Pope muttered, "You know you can stay at my house.  I could sneak you in," he told the two.

Nodding JJ thanked him, "Why don't we head to The Wreck and get Kie for this stupid ass movie she wants to go to."

"I'm so glad they're still doing this," Kie said smiling as the four of them walked down to the river park to find a spot in front of the large movie screen, "Keep calm.  Carry on.  Back to OBX life.  You know?  Aren't you glad I made you guys come?"

"Ecstatic," Pope responded sarcastically.

"Oh yeah sure," Coral replied, "Just be on the lookout for anyone from the sheriff's department or DCS though.  I think JB and I are on their wanted list."

"Oh it'll be fine.  We'll blend in here," Kie dismissed waving her hand as she set down the blanket she was carrying.

"This is the last place we should be," Pope whispered to JJ.  "Dude, tranquilo, okay?" JJ whispered back.  "We're in the middle of kooklandia," Pope muttered setting down his chair.

"I'm going for snacks," Kie announced oblivious to the boys, "Coral, you want to come?"

"Sure," she responded before following Kie towards the concession stands. "So you have no idea where John B went?" Kie asked as they walked.

"No, but I'm sure he's fine," Coral responded as they waited in line, "I figured we'd stay away tonight and then head back tomorrow to see if he's there.  I doubt Cheryl will hang around long since she's from the mainland."

"Where are you staying?  You know you can stay with me?" she offered glancing at Coral.

"Thanks I appreciate that.  I'm not sure what JJ wants to do.  He said something about going back to his house, but with Luke there," Coral trailed off with a shrug as Kie gave her a knowing nod.

Stepping up to the concession Coral stood by while Kie ordered.  Looking around she spotted Rafe coming towards them.  "Douchebag alert," she announced with a groan as Kie laughed.

"Hey Coralina.  How are you?" he asked as Kie got her snacks and the two girls stepped away from the concession stand.  Sighing she shook her head, "I'm fine, Rafe, my arm, however, is a little bruised."

Glancing at her arm he winced, "I'm really sorry about that, and you know I wasn't myself that day.  I'd just had a fight with my dad," he explained.

Scoffing Coral glared at the boy, "Rafe, that's no excuse for what you did.  I think you're old enough to take responsibility for your own actions and stop blaming others."

Humming Rafe nodded before giving her a slow smile, "Well if that's true then you should let your boy know we know what he did," he told her.

Keeping her face impassive she shrugged, "I'm sorry, but what boy are you referring to?"

"Oh, he'll know," he responded with a wink before walking away from the two girls.

"Douche," Kie called out before turning to Coral, "What the hell was that about?"

"Nothing," she responded heading back towards where JJ and Pope sat.

"So we just saw Rafe, and he said, and I quote, tell your boy we know what he did," Kie told the boys as soon as they returned.  "Uh, where is he?" JJ questioned glancing at Coral who shook her head slightly.

"Right there," Kie nodded to behind the boys.

Turning quickly both JJ and Pope looked where Rafe was standing with Topper and Kelce, "Great the whole death squad," Pope moaned with despair. 

Grabbing his head JJ turned him back around, "Don't stare, Bro."

"I'm telling you, Man, if they corner me I'm coming out swinging," JJ muttered to Pope.  

"We just need to stay together," Coral told them.  "Yeah, yeah, like a school of fish," Pope remarked, "Just stay in the school and everything will be fine."

"Okay, what the hell did you all do?" Kie asked, "We all agreed after the last secret there'd be no more amongst Pogues so what is Rafe talking about?" 

"Kie, it's a bit more serious then just JJ and I sneaking around," Coral said as JJ hissed her name.  

"So you know, but I can't know?" Kie questioned sounding hurt.  

"Just know, Kie, it might go down tonight," Pope told her.  Huffing Kie turned towards the movie screen with a shake of her head and an eye roll.

JJ had no interest in watching the movie and so he was laid out on the blanket on his back with his arm tucked behind his head acting as a pillow for Coral, who was curled on her side with her head on his stomach.  Coral would've suspected he'd fallen asleep except he was running his free hand absently through her hair.

The movie was just about half way through when Coral heard Pope tell JJ he had to take a piss, "Dude, hold it," JJ hissed.  "I can't hold it.  I had all that soda," Pope whined, "Shit, they're blocking the bathroom," Pope continued looking over his shoulder towards Rafe and company.

Sighing JJ tapped Coral on the shoulder, "Baby Girl, I have to get up," he whispered.

"Where are you two going?" Kie questioned as they boys stood.  "We gotta wring it out," JJ retorted.  "What are you going to do; hold if for each other?" she asked, confused as the boys snuck away.

Glancing at Kie as she crawled over to Coral's blanket Coral sighed, "It's illegal," she muttered.  "Well no shit it's JJ," Kie responded.

"Actually it was Pope," Coral remarked as Kie looked at her wide eyed.  "Well then whatever it was they probably had it coming," the curly haired girl replied with a shrug, "Pope isn't one to react without being provoked."

"They had it coming," Coral nodded.

After a few more minutes of watching the movie Coral looked around confused as the boys weren't back yet, "What's taking them so long?"

"Uh, Coral, Rafe's gone," Kie told her looking over her shoulder to where the Kooks had been standing at finding the spot now empty.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.4K 292 16
a series rewrite in which JJ Maybank falls in love with his best friend's sister and chaos ensues. - aka an outer banks s2-3 rewrite feat. routledge...
72.3K 538 99
Ashlyn Routledge lives in the Outer Banks, paradise on earth. She's John B's twin sister and the two have been super close their whole life. They do...
70 0 5
Kinsley Routledge is the younger twin sister of John B. Since the third grade, its been her, her brother, and JJ. JJ and Kinsley have had feelings fo...