Perfect Fate ✔

By fanoshkaflippo

Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling i... More

Prologue
1. Captivated
2. Something I Had Never Felt Before
3. Unusual Heartache
4. Let Me Take You Home
5. Inches Away
6. Like Never Before
7. Tomorrow I'll Make It Right
8. Thank You, I'm Sorry and Goodbye
9. I Promise You and I
10. A Way Around
11. Against All Odds
12. Fate Has a Sense of Humor
13. Butterflies, Fly Away
14. Work Related
15. Passing Time
16. Not Again
17. Not Just Yet
18. So Close
19. A Little Taste
20. Good Gone Bad
21. Both Feet In
22. Question Everything
23. Over and Over
24. Perfection
25. The Right Thing To Do
26. Intimacy
27. Publicly
28. Sleeping With The Enemy
29. Fight For Me
30. Come and Get Me
31. Too Late For Promises
32. Trying Hard
33. No Matter What
34. I Remember
35. Spare A Life
36. Make This Right
37. I Won't Let Go
38. Adorably Back
39. ** Give Me More **
40. First and Last
41. Don't Judge a Book By Its Cover
42. Everything To Me
44. ** No Life Without You**
45. Hundred Percent Positive
46. Falling For The First Time
47. Gone
48. ** Stay Here Forever **
49. A Love Like No Other
50. Matching Words of Love
51. ** A Few Days **
52. Not The Drake We Know
53. A Mere Coincidence
54. Long Gone Love
55. A Terrible Mistake
56. Worth It
57. ** A Real Man **
58. A Chance At Happiness
59. A Perfect Plan
60. Alive
61. Tonight
62. Not Like This
63. No Life Without You
64. Out Of Love
65. My Perfect Fate
Love Again
Colton's Miracle
The Good Within
A Second Chance

43. Earning His Trust

111K 3.8K 1.7K
By fanoshkaflippo

Yo, guysssss. I'm so glad you made it this far into the book. Tell me what you think of it so far?

I love you all so much, I hope you love me too.

Don't forget to check my other book, A Second Chance (The Alpha's Mate) ... It's a Fantasy Romantic, you'll absolutley love it.

------

Her...

"... And that's how we become friends." She finished, laughing along with the rest.

Yeah, keep laughing.

"I think if you glare any harder your eyeballs might fall off their sockets, walk across the table and go kill her themselves with tiny swords." Drake whispered in my ear with a chuckle, making me turn to him.

"Ha. Ha. Very funny." I faked a smile then dropped it with a glare.

"Aww, you're cute when you're jealous." He smiled sweetly before noticing what he had said.

"Don't tell Dean I said that. Unlike you, he's anything but cute when he's jealous." He faked a gasp, making me laugh softly.

"Don't worry." I said.

Dean is too busy to notice how close Drake and I are being or how we keep whispering.

"Come on, don't be the jelly insecure little girlfriend! We don't like that. We like our women confident and strong." He stated.

"But can't you see how beautiful she is? She's way prettier than me." I kept playing with my fork.

"That's so not true. Who the fuck said so? Besides, in Dean's eyes, you're the prettiest woman alive." He assured me with a sincere smile.

"Thank you. But they still know each other for way longer than me and him." I pouted.

"You of all people know that time doesn't matter. You guys fell insanely in love in a matter of a week. And you and I became friends in a matter of few hours and here I am having lunch with the people who had been my rivals for years.. And honestly, I'm pretty comfortable and happy even. Just don't tell anyone I said that." He added the last part with a frown.

"Never." I giggled.

"What are you two laughing about?" Dean's voice suddenly asked from my left side.

"Oh, nothing." I shrugged it off.

"Didn't I tell you not to sit next to her?" Dean glared at Drake who is sat on my right with a smirk on his face.

"I'm just keeping her company since you're too busy to do that." He bit back.

Oh, burn!

Wait, did I really just say that?

"Out loud." Bobby chuckled along with Drake.

"Oops. Sorry, baby." I smiled sheepishly at Dean.

"I want to make a toast, everyone!" Max grabbed our attention. He straightened in his seat and held his glass of wine.

"To finally sleeping knowing that Matt's ass is locked in a cell." He raised his glass with a smile of victory.

Knowing that he's now arrested and will be sleeping in a cell for a while is not really making me happy. He's not the bad guy, John is.

"I'll drink to that." Drake picked his glass up.

"Cheers, Em." Jake held his for me. I was about to pick my still-untouched glass when Dean stopped me.

"I don't think you should drink, baby. We still have a long night and I don't want you to get tipsy." He took the glass out of my hand and placed it down. He seemed weird but since I'm not a very big fan of alcohol I let it go.

"Cheers." Dean drank with the rest.

"What's wrong?" Drake asked when he noticed my change of mood.

"Nothing I just.. I don't like sitting here knowing that Matt is in jail because of me."

"He's not there because of you. He's there because he broke the law and hurt you. Don't feel bad. Besides, we will talk to him and when he confesses about John we will get him out. Don't worry about it, okay?"

"Yeah, alright." I smiled at him before turning my head to see Dean looking at us with somewhat a sad look.

"We were just tal--"

"It's okay. Don't worry." He dropped it quickly, faking a small smile, then kissed me sweetly on the cheek.

I think he is starting to get that Drake wants to do us no harm, and allowing me to become friends with him.

"So, Dean, tell me how you and Emma met." Alex asked with a smile formed on that face of hers.

"That's a story for some other time. Emma and I have to get ready now because I'm taking her to dinner." He smiled at Alex then grabbed my hand in his.

Wow. What's with the sudden change of attitude?

"Oh, nice." Bobby winked.

"And I too have to get going." Drake stood up from his seat and so did the rest of us.

"It was very nice having you here today, Drake. And I'm very grateful for the help you've provided us. It's very much appreciated." Max shook hands with him.

"No need, Mr. Parker, I only want to make peace with your family. Especially since we will work together. I mean your family absolutely no harm."

"Oh, What the hell! call me Max, son." He laughed.

Seeing all of them like this for some reason warms my heart up. It makes me feel like I'm in the middle of a loving and forgiving family. One that appreciates you and protects you and always forgives you if you ever mess up. I feel home, sound and secure.

"Hey, you okay?" Jake asked me.

"Never been better actually. Thanks." I smiled then turned to Drake. The rest said their goodbyes and Dean and I walked him to the door.

"Thank you again, for everything you did for her, Drake. For all of us." Dean thanked him and much to my surprise they hugged than man-ish hug of theirs.

I swear those hugs look hurtful! I mean, aren't hugs supposed to be cute and calm, you know.. Less harsh and violent?!

I heard Drake whisper something to Dean that made him cough and turn red. Drake chuckled and turned to me.

"Have a good evening, beautiful. Just don't let this idiot ruin your date." He pointed at Dean before hugging me.

"I'll try." I giggled and returned the hug.

"Wear something sexy and don't let him have you yet. Torture him a little." He whispered in my ear making me laugh out loud.

"Okay enough, you're acting like her girlfriend and it's creeping me out." Dean pushed him away from me playfully.

"Alright, alright. See you tomorrow, man." He exited the house.

"Bye." Dean and I said in unison.

"Tomorrow?" I asked Dean as he shut the door.

"Yeah, we're going to see Matt." He replied.

"Oh.."

"Forget about that! Now go get ready for dinner while I have a little talk with Jake."

With Jake or with Alex?

"Stop being jealous. I love You." He assured me with a quick kiss.

"Fine." I mumbled before heading up to my room.

Something sexy.. Hmm.

Him...

"Bro talk. Now." I told Jake, rushing him to an empty room.

"What's up, man? What happened?" Jake asked with a worried look. I looked around me to make sure no one could hear us.

"We had sex last night." I spat.

"Damn, dude! Congratulations." He laughed.

"Thanks. I'm her first, man." I couldn't help the huge proud grin on my face.

"No way!" He gasped.

"I know. It was shocking but perfect. Really, it was fucking perfect." I shook my head at the memory.

"Great. I'm really happy for you, brother." He grinning genuinely.

"One tiny little problem though.." I became more nervous.

"What?" He frowned.

"Uhm.. I.. I kind of.."

"Come on, Dean, spit it out!" He urged.

"I forgot to use a condom." I spat.

"What?! How the fuck can you forget that? We never forget that. You never forget that!" He yelled.

"I know, I know. I just, I didn't think of it at that time. I was so happy and enjoying it, I didn't think. Yes, maybe the thought passed by for a fraction of a second but my head wasn't clear enough for me to stop and put on a fucking condom."

"Is she on birth control?" He asked.

"I really doubt it. She hadn't had sex ever before, so, I don't think she is." I replied.

"Fuck, man, this is a disaster." He ran his hands through his hair.

"Is it?" I asked rather quickly.

"She can get pregnant, Dean!" He waved his arms.

I couldn't stop the hopeful look that sentence gave me from showing on my face, and I knew he noticed it when he glared with a shocked look.

"Are you for real?" He gasped.

"Come on, man. Do you think there's anything else I want more than to see Emma pregnant and barefoot in my fucking kitchen?" I whispered, hopeful and wishful.

"Yes, but is she ready for that now, Dean? Are you?" He whisper-yelled, waving his arms again.

"I don't know, okay? I forgot about the condom and so did she. Now pregnant or not, I.." I trailed off.

"What?" He frowned.

"I want to marry her, as fucking crazy as that sounds. I want her to be my wife, for good."

Her...

"What should I wear?" I pouted, standing in front of the closet.

"Again, go for Red!" Drake's voice roared through the phone.

"I think I heard you the first five times, Drake." I rolled my eyes.

"I know, that's why I said Again!"

"And again, the only red dress I have is so slutty, I never wore it before!" I whined as I walked over to the bed where I laid the short sleeveless Red dress a few minutes earlier.

"There's always a first time." He said and I could practically hear his smirk.

"Come on, Emz, from the picture you've sent me of the dress, it's not that short. On the contrary, it's actually perfectly lengthed."

"Lengthed is not a word. And don't call me Emz." I mumbled.

"Whatever, you know what I mean." He sighed.

"Are you sure you're a businessman?" I teased.

"Yes, and a very good one, but apparently it doesn't work on you, else you would've been ready for ten minutes by now." He huffed.

"Are you sure it's not so slutty?" I asked uncertainly.

"It's not slutty at all. It's perfectly tempting. I told you. We want to torture him a little before he gets to fu--have you! Have you! That was a Have-you."

I'm as red as a monkey behind.. Nice analogy, I know.

"Wh- I- We- H-- Okay, I'm totally ignoring that last sentence!" I yelled, making him laugh.

"Anyway, you're going to be late. Don't be a child and change into the Red dress right away." I sighed, talking the dress out of the hanger.

"Fine. What about makeup?" I asked, walking to the closet to pick the Red stilettos to match.

"Simple. Black eyeliner and mascara to accentuate the blue in your eyes. A hint of Gold along your cheekbones. And blood Red lipstick."

Okay, that's easy.

"You're creepy. How do you know so much about women and what to wear and how to put their makeup?" I asked.

"Let's just say that your boyfriend isn't the only badboy in town."

Again, I know he's smirking.

"I prefer the word Manwhore." I mumbled, picking up my phone.

"Of course you do. Go now and don't forget what I said. And wear sexy linger--" I hung up on him.

God!

I opened the door once I was done, and slowly took the stairs. Dean was in a deep conversation when I reached the living room.

"I'm ready. I hope I'm not interrupting anything." I smiled, causing both of them to turn my way. Dean's eyes moved along my whole body up and down twice, so damn slowly that I felt my skin burn under his gaze.

"No, you didn't. We were just passing time. You look lovely, Emma. Have a good time, guys. I have a date to go back to." Jake kissed my cheek quickly, smiling, before going back to the dinner room where everyone else were at.

"What date?" I asked Dean, who hadn't yet taken his eyes off me. He took a few slow steps towards me checking me out one more time with his mouth slightly open.

And damn, he looks so hot looking at me like this! My heart is going to break out of my chest, run of to him, and give him a kiss.

"You look.. Breathtaking." He whispered, one foot away.

"I hope I'm not overdressed." I blushed.

"No. It's perfect." He whispered, leaning down to kiss me. I raised my index finger to his soft lips.

"You'll ruin my lipstick." I whispered back giving him a small kiss on the cheek, before checking that it didn't print, and took a step away. He smelled so damn fine that I decided I couldn't be that close to him all night without jumping his bones.

Oh, what a language you've learned, young lady!

"Shall we?" He held his arm for me, after clearing his throat, and I happily took it.

"So where exactly are we going?" I asked once we got in the car.

"One of my favorite restaurants. It has the best wine too. Not that we're drinking any wine though!" He added the last part rather nervously.

"Okay.." I let it slide.

"Don't worry you're going to love it." He assured, resting his hand on my bare knee, and I chose to focus on ignoring how good his hands felt on my body.

"We're here." Dean announced in a few minutes and thankfully took his hand off my knee. After parking he got out and walked to my side to open the door for me. I got out and took his arm again, heading for the restaurant's main door. A young waitress welcomed us in and escorted us to a table.

And don't think I didn't notice her checking out Dean or her blushing after. Hmph, women.

"Here are your menus. I'll come back in a while to take your orders, sir. Do you want anything to drink meanwhile?" She batted her eyelashes at Dean.

"A glass of red wine and a glass of water with a slice of lemon, please." He answered politely, totally oblivious to her attempt to catch his attention.

Totally oblivious or acting totally oblivious,
but actually both make him look pretty cute.

"Right away." She smiled and took off, adding a little swing to her hips as she walked.

"You look extremely hot when you're jealous, baby." He suddenly was at my ear.

Oh, boy. And you sound extremely hot when you talk like that.

"I can't wait to get you home and strip you out of that dress." He nibbled on my earlobe.

No, no, this is not what we agreed on, Emma.

But he's so hot. And his breath is tickling my neck.

Get a grip. Tempting him, remember? To make him not make you jealous again..

Right, you're right.

I cleared my throat and pulled back.

"Food. I'm hungry. Let's eat and keep it in your pants. We're in the middle of a restaurant." I smirked and he chuckled.

"I'll try, but no promises. What do you want to eat?" He asked, leaning over the table a little to get the menu from where he was sitting earlier, allowing me to see the man behind him.

And my breathing stopped as I saw someone I thought I'd never have to see again.

Him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

205K 12.9K 38
"So, let me get this straight. You stomped all over his paperwork?" She started. "Not intentionally, but yes," I confirmed it. "Threw a drink in hi...
82K 3.3K 56
"I wanted to remind him of the night we cleared things out. He has all the right to fear especially that we're deviating from the norm. But what is r...
300K 10.2K 34
"Maybe it's time we stopped trying to stay away from each other," I said, surprising myself with my confidence. A tiny smirk of a smile skittered acr...
815K 35.6K 52
{Book One: Abdallah series} "I'm sorry jawad" I stammered feeling his warm breath fanning my face, and his dark eyes boring into mine, with hate evid...