Our Secret

Par Licutie269

Coralina Routledge, twin sister of John Booker Routledge, needs a distraction from the chaos of her life. He... Plus

Our secret November Part 1
Our Secret November Part 2
Our Secret December 3
Our Secret Christmas Part 4
New Years Eve Part 5
Our Secret January Part 6
Our Secret Valentine's Day Part 7
Our Secret February Part 8
Our Secret March Part 9
Our Secret April Part 10
Our Secret Sophomore Social Part 11
Our Secret Aftermath 1 Part 12
Our Secret Aftermath 2 Part 13
Our Secret May Part 14
Our Secret Memorial Day Part 15
Memorial Day 2 Part 16
June Part 17
June 2 Part 18
4th of July/July Part 19
Pilot 1 Our Secret Part 20
Pilot 2 Our Secret Part 21
Pilot 3 Our Secret Part 22
Pilot 4 Our Secret Part 23
Lucky Compass 1 Part 24
Lucky Compass 2 Part 25
The Forbidden Zone 1 part 26
The Forbidden Zone 2 Part 27
Spy Games 1 Part 29
Spy Games 2 Part 30
Midsummers 1 Part 31
Midsummers 2 Part 32
Parcel 9 (1) Part 33
Parcel 9 (2) Part 34
Parcel 9 (3) Part 35
Parcel 9 (4) Part 36
Dead Calm 1 Part 37
Dead Calm 2 Part 38
The Runway 1 Part 39
The Runway 2 Part 40
Bell Tower 1 Part 41
The Phantom 1 Part 42
The Phantom 2 Part 43
Cleo Part 44
The Gold 1 Part 45
The Gold 2 Part 46
The Heist 1 Part 47
Prayers 1 Part 48
Homecoming 1 Part 49
Homecoming 2 Part 50
Homecoming 3 Part 51
The Darkest Hour 1 Part 52
My Druthers 1 Part 53
My Druthers 2 Part 54
My Druthers 3 Part 55
Bonfire 1 Part 56
Bonfire 2 Part 57
The Cross 1 Part 58
The Cross 2 Part 59
Trapped 1 Part 60
Trapped 2 Part 61
Coastal Venture 1 Part 62
Coastal Venture 2 Part 63
Poguelandia 1 Part 64
Pouguelandia 2 Part 65
The Bells 1 Part 66
The Bells 2 Part 67
Fathers and Sons Part 68
The Diary Part 69
Heists 1 Part 70
Heists 2 Part 71
The Dark Forest 1 Part 72
Dark Forest 2 Part 73
Happy Anniversary Part 74
Happy Anniversary 2 Part 75
Tapping the Rudder Part 76
Tapping the Rudder 2 Part 77
Welcome to Kitty Hawk Part 78
Welcome to Kitty Hawk 2 Part 79
Secret of the Gnomon part 80
Secret of the Gnomon Part 81

The Forbidden Zone 3 Part 28

2.5K 44 2
Par Licutie269

"2020 Malibu, 24-MXC, the world's finest Wakesetter," Pope said, staring across the water at Topper's Wakesetter, "Number one in quality, luxury, and performance."

"Guys this isn't the answer," Coral argued as Pope pulled his shirt over his head. 

"Just stay in the wheelhouse, Coralina, I don't want to risk anyone seeing you," JJ told her as he pulled his bandana around his face and slid his sunglasses on, "Do it, Pope."

Nodding Pope dove off the boat and into the water swimming across to the wakesetter.  Rolling her eyes Coral watched from the window with her arms crossed as Pope reached the wakesetter and climbed aboard.

Before long he was diving back off and heading back towards the boat.  Moving the ladder in place JJ waited for Pope to climb back up.  Stopping at the top of the ladder Pope held the drain plug for the wakesetter up.

"Holy shit," JJ laughed, "I'm so fucking proud of you right now."

Climbing over the side Pope looked at both JJ and Coral, "You guys can't tell anyone."

"Oh, no, yeah.  Totally, Dude."

"No, I mean it.  Not Kie.  Not John B.  Nobody," he told them, "The secret I kept for you.  You need to keep this secret for me."

"Of course we will Pope," Coral promised from the doorway of the wheelhouse.  "Cross my heart, Man," JJ promised making an X over his heart, "Here give me that," he said, taking the drain plug from Pope and winding his arm back he threw it as hard as he could into the water.

"Let's get out of here before someone sees us," Coral told the boys.  As Pope steered the boat away Coral watched the wakesetter sink into the water.

Taking Heyward's boat directly back to The Chateau the three found a note from John B and Kie to meet them down at the beach where they normally surf.

Walking the mile down to their favorite surf spot Coral prodded at her arm.  "You know we should go by the clinic so they can check it out," JJ commented noticing what she was doing. 

"Its not broke," she told him, "He didn't hit me with the end it was more like the handle part got me as he swung it down and I shoved him."

"Still should go and then we'll send the fucking bill to the Cameron's," JJ muttered. 

"I don't want to think about those assholes.  Let's just surf," she replied as they approached the van parked along the side of the road. 

Pulling their surfboards down from where John B tied them to the roof, the three made their way down the path to the beach.  Spotting her brother and Kie already in the water Coral pointed, "There they are."

"There's Kie's bag," Pope said heading towards the scattering of towels and clothes by her bag.  Kicking off their shoes they stripped to their bathing suits before running into the ocean with their friends. 

"Yo, save some waves for us," JJ called gaining the other two's attention. 

After surfing for hours the group of friends made their way back to The Chateau.  Scrounging up some poptarts for dinner John B built a fire in the pit and the five sat around as the sun disappeared behind the horizon. 

Laying with JJ in the hammock Coral listened to the conversation going on around her already half asleep.

"You really think it's out there?" Pope asked, "Like, no bullshit?"

"Our dad thought it was," John B answered.  "But do you?" Pope questioned squinting through the dark to look at John B.

"After hearing his voice on that tape, I think I do," her brother answered.

"Only one way to find out."

"Look, we're gonna find it, you know?" Kie chimed in, "Don't you think so, Coral?"

Opening her eyes at the sound of her name Coral lifted her head from where it rested on JJ's shoulder, "I believe if you believe, JB."

"We'll find it," her brother responded firmly.

"Let's head in," JJ said catching Coral's attention, "I want to dream about shipwrecks," he quipped as they stood from the hammock together, "Good night, Bird," JJ called as he and Coral headed for the house.

"Good night bird shit," John B called back causing the others to laugh and JJ to flip him off on the way inside.

The next morning the five woke early to head out on Heyward's boat to the location marked with an X on the map they'd found in the tomb.  After loading the drone and control box into the boat they headed out on the water with JJ driving the bigger boat.

It took nearly an hour before John B called they'd made it and to stop the boat.  While JJ kept the boat steady John B put the drone down into the water as Kie slowly let the tether out marking off the feet as it went.

Pope stood in front of the control box watching the camera as he moved the drone down through the murky water.  Standing in the wheel house with JJ, Coral glanced up at the sky, 
"Storm looks like it's gathering in the West," she muttered.

"Hopefully it holds off or turns," JJ responded keeping a hold of the wheel to the boat as he too glanced out the window up to the sky.

Looking out at nothing but water Coral shuttered, "I don't like being this far out without land," she admitted, "Every since my dad," she trailed off as he took her hand and pulled her closer. 

Wrapping an arm around her shoulder he kissed the side of her head, "We'll be fine," he assured her.

"Alright, JJ, we're right over it.  Ten seconds Northwest," John B called out.  Putting both hands back on the wheel JJ steadied the boat where John B said.  

Kie had just called out that they'd hit 400 feet, "The tides turning," she warned over her shoulder.

"Hey, JJ, ten seconds easy South South East," John B called out as he studied the monitor.  "Got it," JJ called back, turning the wheel.

"JJ, 20 seconds mid-speed, all right? South,"

They'd just hit 700 feet when thunder could be heard in the distance, "Storm's not turning," Coral realized looking at JJ with wide eyes.  "It'll be fine," he assured her as the boat hit a wave sending her flying into him.

Steadying her with one hand and keeping his other on the wheel he told her to brace herself, "Put a life jacket on," he commanded as her breathing picked up.

Taking short deep breaths she shook her head, "I can't breathe," she gasped as John B yelled for JJ to keep the boat steady.

"Get a fucking life jacket on, Coralina," JJ repeated as he struggled with keeping the wheel of the boat steady against the increasing wind and waves hitting the boat.

"JJ, we're gonna turtle in this storm.  Crank it North by Northwest.  Ten seconds," John B yelled.  

"Oh God," Coral gasped stumbling out of the wheelhouse she made it to the side of the boat before throwing up over the side.  "Coral, are you okay?" Kie asked as JJ yelled her name from the wheelhouse.  

"Fine," she gasped before turning and sliding down the side of the boat to sit on the floor, "I'm fine, JJ," she yelled as they boy continued to yell for her.  Putting her head between her knees she concentrated on breathing.

Hearing Kie yell they'd hit 980 feet and Pope say they'd reached the bottom Coral lifted her head.  "Okay steady here, JJ," John B called, "Quarter speed."

"Oh good God," Pope said, staring at the screen with John B and Kiara next to him.  

"What?  What do you see?" JJ called still griping the boat wheel.

"It's the Royal Merchant," John B answered in awe.  

Standing on shaky legs Coral made her way to the monitor to look at the screen, "Holy shit," she breathed out as the drone passed over the front of the shipwreck.  

"We found it!" John B exclaimed, scooping her up he twirled them around as he hugged her.  Setting her back down Coral laughed as she made her way back to the wheelhouse.

"It's real," she said smiling at JJ as he pulled her into a hug.

"Your dad finally did it, Baby Girl."

"He did," she responded pulling away to look up at him.  Wiping the tears on her face he smiled down at her, "Are you okay?" he asked.

Swallowing she nodded.  

"At the risk of you getting pissed I think we should go to the clinic when we get back so you can get back on your anxiety meds," he told her quietly. 

Glancing out at her brother who was busy talking to Pope and Kie Coral nodded, "I know."

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

707K 8.5K 45
you are y/n maybank, jj's little sister. You meet rafe Cameron while you were cleaning his backyard. Rafe doesn't like pouges and your brother doesn'...
2.5K 37 23
Bea Routledge is moving back to the OBX with her brother under some not so great circumstances when she first meets her brother after being gone for...
72.4K 538 99
Ashlyn Routledge lives in the Outer Banks, paradise on earth. She's John B's twin sister and the two have been super close their whole life. They do...
147K 1.5K 66
Josephine Routledge is the twin sister to John B Routledge. Their dad goes missing during the search for the famous shipwreck, the Royal Merchant. Th...