Enemy Beloved

Від iyahartwrites

Love and hate get tangled in sheets when Vaughn and Claire enter into a marriage of convenience that defies a... Більше

- intro
1 | nemesis
2 | unwanted guest
3 | favor
4 | conditions
5 | the Hills
6 | toxic
7 | kidnapping Claire
8 | the Jacksons
9 | the one he wants
10 | faithless promises
11 | wedding of no dreams
12 | never kiss
13 | tease
14 | perfectly tied
15 | no love land
16 | business matters
17 | the masked man
18 | for her
19 | on the road
20 | kneel
21 | through the woods
23 | under the shower
VAUGHN'S POV: under the shower
24 | for one day, for two days, forever...
25 | women talk
26 | theater doze
27 | good learner
28 | scandalous dinners
29 | euphoric
30 | what could have been
31 | I'm here
32 | run
33 | where you are
34 | something more
35 | a song
CLAIRE'S POV: a song [Extended Scene]
36 | senator
37 | Thea
38 | guilty man
39 | party disaster
40 | motive
41 | heartbreak land - part 1
42 | heartbreak land - part 2
43 | fixing things
44 | without his heart
45 | Romeo
46 | in disguise
47 | fixed
48 | searching
49 | Claire darling
50 | revealed
51 | the truth
52 | the past
53 | the other woman
54 | conversation
55 | waking up
56 | all is well
57 | first choice
58 | proposals
59 | wedding of dreams
epilogue
bonus • 01 [VAUGHN'S POV]
bonus • 02: kiss under the stairs [CLAIRE'S POV]
bonus • 03: one drunk Claire [VAUGHN'S POV]
a deep dive into Vaughn Jackson
sequel novella: Dearly Beloved

22 | night affairs

71K 2.7K 258
Від iyahartwrites

V A U G H N

I don't carry Claire for long. Not because I wasn't enjoying the feel of her skin against my hand or her nails grazing the nape of my neck but because when we got out of the woods, a very busy street greeted us, making me realize that the woods we trespassed through were the private property of someone.

I can only hope that no one saw us. I don't want a jail record right after being mugged.

I put her down on the pavement when I see people stopping to stare at us. Ignoring their questionable looks, I grab her hand and pull her with me across the street. She tiptoes when her feet hurt as she hits the road.

My watch — the only thing the goons didn't take from us (rookie mistake) — reads close to 7 pm and the hustle-bustle of LA is already at its peak. We are about a few miles from Beverly Hills and somewhere close to Hollywood. We look out of place with our tattered clothes among the others on the road.

The building we head towards is tall and magnificent. It reads 'Hotel McClarke' above the gate in golden letters and the guard at the glass entrance throws us a judgmental look once we reach. I fish into my pocket to take out my wallet and bring out my ID. The guard checks it before letting us in.

The interior of the hotel is dazzling. There are overhead chandeliers, and doubling art lights constructed in the ceiling. The lobby is busy with people walking around with luggage and bellboys helping guests to settle in. There is a beautiful fountain at the center with plants placed around it. I see Claire admiring the view before her and mentally congratulate myself on my success.

When we reach the reception counter, Claire grabs my arm, stopping me.

"What are you doing?" she asks, looking at the counter where receptionists are busy registering new guests and guiding others to check out. "We don't have money...or cards."

"Relax, babe." I squeeze her hand as I pull her with me to the reception.

A young woman — one of the receptionists — greets me with a smile too big for her face. "Welcome to McClarke. How may I help you?"

"I would like a manager," I blurt out and then shake my head. "I mean...I would like to see the manager."

The lady looks at us with a scrutinizing glance. I see a hint of nervousness in her eyes as she exchanges questionable stares with her co-workers behind the counter. They follow her line of sight and take in our appearances.

We look nothing like we left home as. Our clothes are covered in mud and twigs and Claire's hair has little leaves stuck in it. She brushes her hair with her hands, an act which brings her wedding ring to the notice of the receptionist.

"Damn it, Vaughn," Claire mutters under her breath. "They are suspicious of us."

I look at her, frowning. "Zip it, Claire." I imitate the action of pulling a zipper over my lips and she looks away, letting out an exasperated breath.

"I'm sorry for the inconvenience but may I see your IDs?" the receptionist inquires and I hand it over to her. She reads my name and quickly, a look of realization crosses her face.

"Mr. Jackson!" she exclaims, handing me back my ID. She scurries out of the counter and rushes towards us. "I'm so sorry, sir. I didn't recognize you. The manager is not available as of now. But is there something else I can do for you?"

I smirk as I see Claire giving the lady a confused look.

"Yes, you can." I pull Claire by her waist to press her to my side. "My wife and I had an incident on our way here. If you'll be kind enough to check your data, you'll find a room booked under my name. Will you show us up?"

"Sure, Mr. Jackson." The receptionist hurries back behind the counter and starts scanning her computer. "Let me just check."

"What's going on here?" Claire pulls away from me as she questions. "Care to explain?"

"How do I know the manager?" I shove my hands into my pockets as she glares at me.

"Duh." She rolls her eyes.

"This hotel..." I tell her, looking up at the ceiling and admiring the intricate work done by my team members. "I designed it."

Her brows lift in surprise and she cocks her head as she takes in her surroundings. "Really?"

I nod and she quirks her lips, hopefully, impressed by my skills.

The receptionist walks back towards us with a key in her hand. "I just talked to the manager. He asked me to show you the room personally. If you will follow me, please."

We follow her towards the elevator and Claire winces as she walks. The blisters under her feet are painful and I grab her by her waist, supporting her other hand as I help her towards the elevator.

"Are you okay Mrs. Jackson?" The receptionist looks at Claire's feet in concern when we are inside.

"Yeah, it's fine." Claire smiles. "Just some stupid blisters."

"Oh, poor thing." The lady pouts her lips. "I'll send you a bucket of ice to treat those."

"Send some wine too while you're at it," I add and she nods.

After the inexplicable day I had, alcohol is the only thing that can calm me down. I think about Mom and Rose who are probably worried for us since we missed their event and haven't shown up at home either.

"Send in a spare phone too," I order the receptionist as the elevator stops and we step out. "I lost mine."

"Sure, Mr. Jackson."

She shows us to our room and departs, leaving us to freshen up. We step inside the luxurious suite with its modern wooden flooring. The bed is placed in one corner with lush sheets covering it. There is a couch, a coffee table, and a giant closet on the other side opposite a big T.V. The bed instantly calls me and I drop down on it, lying flat on my back with my arms splayed out.

"God...I have a headache," I sigh, raking my fingers through my hair.

My whole body aches with carrying Claire for so long and I dream of a hot shower. I close my eyes for a moment to rest them when the rustle of clothes makes me snap them back open. I get on my elbows and lift myself to find Claire wriggling out of her dress.

My eyes widen when the black straps slide down her shoulders and my jaw hangs in the air as I watch her. The skinny material loosens, dropping smoothly down her sexy figure. I swallow a gulp, my attention hooked on her toned hips as she shimmies the cloth down her body.

She steps out of the dress and spins around, not caring to hide herself from me. She stands before me in a translucent bra that displays her pink, taut, lickable nipples, deep cleavage to my bare eyes, and her lace underwear which sticks to her sex, making my fingers itch to tear the tiny thing with my teeth and burying my face between. My cock twitches in my pants just at the thought of it.

"I'm going to take a shower," she says, lifting the tuft of her hair and tying it in a messy bun over her head. "You wanna join?"

Bless me!

"Is that an invitation, nemesis?"

I get up from the bed and walk towards her. She stands unbothered when I stop in front of her, towering over her 5'6 frame. I am already sporting a hard erection at the sight of her and she licks her lips involuntarily, craning her neck to find my face.

"Huh...na." She shakes her head. "I asked because it'll take time for me to get out and you look tired."

"I'm fully energized now," I say, my eyes moving down to her chest.

Her breasts are not that big or small. She is just perfect. I already tasted them once before and am ready to do so again with pleasure.

She puts two fingers under my chin and makes me look at her. "Eyes up here, Jackson."

"But I like the view down there."

She gives a little smile and hooks her fingers at the waistband of my pants. I keep my eyes on her, playing with the wickedness in her blue irises, as she snaps my belt buckle open and drops it to the floor. Her fingers graze the outline of my steel-like erection as she unzips me.

"Will you do the rest yourself, Jackson?" She blinks her eyes at me innocently as her fingers trail up my shirt and she unbuttons it on her way up.

"You better be thinking of having those lips wrapped around my cock if you're teasing me this way." I put two fingers on her soft lips and make them part. "Because I'm not getting out of there unless one of us comes."

She bites my fingers, hurting them, and I pull them away instantly. Pouting her lips, she steps away from me and heads towards the bathroom. I keep my eyes on her pretty ass as she steps inside.

"I won't wait for long, Jackson," she says from behind the door once she is in. "It's going to be a long shower after all."

I chuckle inwardly at her words as I trail behind her. She has no idea what she is getting herself into.

It will be a long shower indeed.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

268K 8.7K 36
a simple yet beautiful hard-working girl falls in love with simply the wrong but the right guy at the same time, jasmine white is a 24 years old wom...
39K 1.7K 62
Gracie is now the CEO of the multimillion-dollar company she built from scratch. To take her revenge on her uncle, who ruined her life, a business ty...
34.1K 1.2K 40
𝐀𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐲𝐚 I'd sworn off of love and men after the fiasco that was my last relationship. Until I spent one steamy and passionate night with a dark...
53.6K 2.9K 50
[Complete] A NEW enemies to lovers, office romance. 🔥 Rated R for mature sexual content and graphic language • 18+ *** Two rivaling company presiden...