Harry James Potter x Reader O...

By mrsgoldensnitch

I honestly thought I would only be in this app to read stories, but I felt very inspired lately to write. So... More

Author's Note
Rain, rain, don't go away
Vacation Get Away, Cancun (Part 1)
Vacation Get Away, Cancun (Part 2)
Secret Relationship
Couples Trivia Night
That time of the month
Fight, Love, and Doctor Y/N
First Kiss on Set Part 1
First Kiss on Set Part 2 (Jimmy Fallon Show)
The Bet Part 1
The Bet Part 2
The Bet Part 3
A Muggle Going to Hogwarts? Part 1 (Roller Skating)
A Muggle Going to Hogwarts? Part 2 (Babysitting + Nightclub)
A Muggle Going to Hogwarts? Part 3 (The Proposal)
Watching 365 Days
Back to the Future Part 1
Back to the Future Part 2
Girls vs Boys Quidditch
All It Takes Is A Night (Matching Tattoos)
Shifting to Hogwarts
1 Text Away
Swords and Tension

Panic Attack

1.3K 37 57
By mrsgoldensnitch

Word count: 1787

HOUSE: Gryffindor
YEAR: 5th

"And I'm even luckier to have her."

TW: panic attack, blood, Umbridge torture quill.

It is the last period of the day and the Gryffindor's have Defense Against the Dark Arts with Umbridge.

"But who would want to hurt people like you Mr. Potter?" asked Umbridge with her fake sweet voice.

"I don't know. Maybe Lord Voldemort?" said Harry sarcastically.

Everyone went quiet in the classroom. Professor Umbridge let out a gasp, but she quickly adjusted her clothes and said, "Those are lies, Mr. Potter. Cedric Diggory's death was a tragic accident." said a very calm Umbridge.

Y/N couldn't take the lies anymore, especially being her brother the one who died.

"Professor Umbitch - I mean Umbridge." she quickly corrected herself and her voice started getting louder. "He was murdered! Stop being so oblivious. I don't know if you are just being plain stupid, or you think we are stupid enough to be fooled!"

Everyone was shocked. Y/N is never the one to lose control in class, and yell at a teacher. She is always the one trying to keep the peace.

"Ms. Diggory and Mr. Potter, detention all week. Ms. Diggory at 4:00 PM, and Mr. Potter at 6:00 PM." said Professor Umbridge giving a fake smile.

Class was dismissed and the quartet went back to the common room.

"Y/N, I've never seen you call out a teacher before." said Hermione as they were finishing up homework.

But, Y/N wasn't paying attention to what Hermione said, she was just staring at the clock.

"Y/N?" asked Ron.

"Y/N? Did you hear what Hermione said?" asked Harry as he waved his hand in front of her eyesight.

"Oh, I'm sorry. It's time for my detention." Y/N said as she rushed out of the common room.

Y/N saw Professor Umbridge's office and gave a small knock.

"Come on in, dear." said Professor Umbridge.

Y/N walked in and saw over a hundred cat pictures, and a very pink office. She sat down on a chair, and said. "I'm sorry for yelling Professor, it's just that I'm very upset over my brother's death."

"It's ok, dear, but you still need to be punished for your behavior today." said Umbridge. "Grab my quill and start writing the following."

"But there isn't any ink." said Y/N trying to find the ink.

"You won't need it. Now write, 'I will never disrespect my Professor again."

"How many times?" asked Y/N.

"As long as it takes to sink in." replied Umbridge

Y/N started writing and noticed that her hand was bleeding.

"Keep going." said Umbridge.

Y/N was taking deep breaths and continued writing. She never felt pain like this before. Y/N is from a very loving family who always treated her like a princess. Being the youngest, they were always so careful with her. Being in this position of torture is new to Y/N. She is terrified.

After 2 hours of piercing sharp pain through her skin, Y/N was done.

"All set, see you tomorrow." said Umbridge, and gave her the most evil smile.

Y/N came out rushing from her office and straight to the common room.

The trio saw her, and she didn't even notice their presence.

"Y/N. How was detention?" asked Ron.

Y/N just ran straight upstairs and locked the door.

All three of them looked at each other with worried expressions. Harry was about to go upstairs and check on Y/N, but Hermione said "You have to go to detention, Harry. Umbridge won't like it if you are late.

"But I want to check on Y/N. I think something happened to her." said Harry.

"We will check on her, you should go." said Ron in a secure way.

Harry left the common room against his wishes and went to detention.

While Harry was in detention Ron and Hermione checked on Y/N.

"Are you ok?" asked Hermione.

"Yeah, it just stings." said Y/n with a pained voice.

She showed them the mark, and both were terrified for her.

"That is what she did to you?" asked Ron with anger and shock. "I'm going to kill her."

Ron and Hermione just stayed with her for the remaining hours. Y/N didn't say anything anymore. She was just staring at the window.

2 hours later Harry came back from detention. He wanted to go straight to Y/N but Neville stopped him on the way to Y/N's room.

On the other side, Y/N, Hermione, and Ron were in Y/N's dorm. Suddenly Y/N started to shake and cry.
The feeling of knowing she will get tortured tomorrow as well haunted her.

Hermione saw what happened and hugged her. Y/N was crying really hard on her shoulder.

"I'm going to get Harry." said Ron as he was about to exit out of the common room.

"No!" yelled Y/N. She was vulnerable. "I don't want him to see me like this."

Suddenly Y/N started getting really sweaty and she started feeling really dizzy.

"Y/N! Can you hear me?" asked Ron in concern.

"G- get." Y/N could barely speak. "Harry."

Hermione let out a sharp scream "HARRY!"

She ran out of the room to find Neville blocking Harry's path.

Harry quickly looked at Hermione's expression.

"What happened?" asked Harry with extreme concern.

"It's Y/N! She is having a panic attack!" said Hermione with pure terror on her face.

As soon as she said that Harry ran upstairs with all his might. And there was Y/N shaking.

He knelt down in front of her, and held her face from shaking.

"Look at me Y/N." said Harry

Y/N's eyes were slowly shutting down because of her dizziness.

Hermione was holding her hand, and Ron was unsure what to do.

"Grab her a cup of water Ron" yelled Harry.

Ron immediately ran out of the common room.

"Love, just look at me. Focus on my eyes." demanded Harry.

"Listen to my voice. Look at my eyes." said Harry again.

Y/N slowly started focusing into those emerald green eyes.

"There you go. I'm here for you love. Always." said Harry with a calming voice.

She was slowly starting to not shake as much.

Ron came in with a glass of water in the room.

Harry took the cup from Ron's hand.

"Drink this, you'll feel better." said Harry as he handed the cup to Y/N.

She took it and drank it.

"Do you feel better Y/N?" asked Hermione.

"You gave us a good scare there for a second." said Ron.

"I'm so sorry." said Y/N feeling guilty.

"There is no need for you to apologize." said Harry while caressing her cheeks.

"It's just. The anticipation for tomorrow is killing me. Knowing that I'm going to have to feel pain this whole week, scares me. I keep thinking of my parents. They always were so careful around me. Knowing what Umbridge is doing to me would kill them. I'm not as strong as you Harry. I can't pretend everything is fine, when it's not." said Y/N as tears started dripping down her face.

"I'm trying to be strong for you, love. This absolutely crushes me because I never want to see you in pain." said Harry as he wiped her tears away.

"I'll be right back." said Harry, and left her room. About an hour later he returned.

"Where did you go?" asked Ron.

"I got Umbridge to remove Y/N's detentions." said Harry with excitement.

"Really?" said Y/N with the biggest smile.

"I love you so much darling." said Harry.

Y/N jumped into his arms and gave him the biggest hug, and bombarded him with kisses.

"But you are sleeping with me tonight. I want to watch over you and make sure you are ok." said Harry with a smile.

Y/N jumped out of his arms and said.

"Let me go set up my stuff." she gave him a peck on the lips and left to put her clothes in his room.

When Y/N left Ron said, "How did you get Umbridge to remove Y/N's detention?"

"I told her what happened, but it didn't work. So, I just took her detentions. I'll be going twice a week." Harry said sadly.

"Oh no. Harry!" said Hermione feeling pity.

"Don't worry about me. I can handle it. Just please don't tell Y/N. Did you see how happy she looked? If she knew, she would never let me to do this. She would go through with the detention despite it killing her. I just want to see her happy." said Harry in a soft voice. He loved Y/N more than anything in the world. He would do anything just to see her smile.

"She is lucky to have you." said Hermione.

"I'm even luckier to have her. She is the reason why I wake up every day. She brought joy to my life during a time where I didn't think I could be happy. I owe it all to her." said Harry smiling.

Y/N came into the room skipping.

"I just set up everything." said Y/N.

"Let's go to bed then, love." said Harry as he snaked his arm around Y/N.

They both laid on Harry's bed.

"Oh and how did you get Umbridge to drop my detentions? I promise to never piss her off again." said Y/N as she laid on Harry's stomach.

"I just told her what happened. I guess her motherly instincts kicked in, even though she is not a mother" lied Harry. He kissed her lips and Y/N felt butterflies.

They just cuddled all night, then Y/N's eyes were slowly shutting. Harry saw how peaceful she looked while sleeping. He would never let anything happen to her.

The end.

AN: I have been debating if I should write this chapter or not, it covers some heavy topics. But it is important to cover them because in the movies and books, they never really showed how much Umbridge's detentions affected the students. I know if it was me, I wouldn't handle being tortured for hours, for weeks. So I wanted to show the real life perspective of these detentions.

I'm not trying to glamorize panic attacks in any way. I personally know people who have extreme panic attacks, and I know how awful it is. So if you have those, don't feel alone. Make sure to take your medication today and stay safe!

Ps: Don't forget to vote.

Xoxo,

Thing 1

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 879 50
as the title suggests, these are a collection of imagines/ one shots featuring harry potter characters. i strongly support reader request and will up...
63.8K 1.8K 96
(A/N: Due to a lot of people asking for a female version of Draco Malfoy. I decided to create this book). Description: Y/N Malfoy, younger twin sis...
1.8K 21 11
hi! this story is about a relationship between draco malfoy from harry potter and y/n (which means 'your name') the story will switch perspectives ev...
49.8K 1.1K 11
(If you see that there aren't as many chapters as you'd hoped, don't worry, each chapter is about 1000-3000 words each. Enjoyyyy!) Y/n, a girl who co...