Deceret Series #2: Bleed for...

By hanmariam

deceret (n.) latin word for "body to body" Czarina wants to commit suicide. Death is ready for her, she could... More

Bleed for Love
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Part II
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Epilogue

Chapter 3

25.7K 1.1K 802
By hanmariam

Despite the harshness of my words earlier, and I'm still surprised that I've said it out loud to my favorite singer, I sat in awe watching her change into another personality in just a split second. It was like the last three minutes never happened.

Dapat siguro nag-artista ka nalang, girl.

Halsey led most of the conversations, bringing up projects that she's been brewing with the band and surprise MV's that they plan to do as a thank-you gift to their fans. She keeps on smiling and touching Elton intentionally.

I snort in my soup.

Mas bagay pa rin si Elton at Stormie.

Napailing ako nang maalala ang dalawa. Whatever happened to them? Sayang naman. With their god-like faces, they'll breed the most gorgeous babies in this planet. Though my Castian remains the most handsome little creature in my eyes.

"I'm planning to host an exhibit with the Wright Art House." Rigor said when Halsey asked him what he's up to. Bumagsak ang kamay niya nang hindi sinasadya sa akin, so I looked down. Mukhang hindi niya naman ito napansin. I guess he's gotten so used to it that it becomes a second nature. "For the Save Smiles organization. They help out cancer kids."

Umusbong ang matinding galak sa dibdib ko nang marinig iyon mula sa kaniya. I feel so proud for him, but I didn't dare turn. Alam kong nakatitig siya sa akin, naghihintay ng reaksyon. Ramdam ko ang bigat ng tingin niya kaya inabot ko ang tubig upang pakalmahin ang sarili.

"Wow! That's so great!" pumalakpak pa si Halsey. She offered the praise that Rigor has been waiting from me.

He peels his gaze off me and smiled politely at the woman across him. Halsey places her hand on top of Elton's, startling him. "We should do something like that, right, Philo?"

Gusto kong matawa sa gulat na mukha ni Elton, na para bang hindi niya inaasahang hahawakan ulit siya ni Halsey. When I looked down, Rigor is kicking his cousin under the table.

"Uhm..." Elton cleared his throat, awkwardly removing his hand away from her. "Sure. After all the ongoing projects, I'll talk to my manager about it."

The dinner went on. When the waiter came for the bills, Halsey asked him if he could take a picture of us. I want to sound my protest, but both men agreed so I was left with no choice but to smile timidly as the camera snaps. Magkatabi kaming dalawa ni Rigor habang si Elton at Halsey naman. She puts her hand on Elton's arm on the last minute and I hope to God the camera captured his frown because that would be so funny.

Nang mabayaran ay nagsitayuan na kami at lumabas. The restaurant seemed pretty normal to me, except for some customers who instantly recognized the two hotties I am with. Halsey excluded. May agarang nagpa-picture sa kanila at ang iba'y nanghihingi pa ng autograph. Halsey made sure to link her arms with Elton as he entertained his fans. Rigor smiled politely to those who recognized his artworks and promised they would buy at his next exhibit.

It took us a while before we finally got out. Nakasunod ako kay Rigor at nagulat nang bigla akong tabihan ni Elton.

"You drove here, Czarina?"

I nod in response, glancing at Halsey. She's already glaring at me. I want to poke my tongue out at her but instead smiled sweetly and turn to Elton.

"So, you don't need a ride, then?"

"Kaya ko namang magmaneho pauwi, tsaka hindi naman ako nakainom."

Tinanguan niya ako at nang marating ang parking lot ay nagpaalam na silang dalawa sa amin. Ihahatid ni Elton si Halsey sa condo niya dahil wala itong dalang kotse. Rigor has his own car. Any offer for a ride home will be instantly rejected because Kyros' car is waiting for me. Kinawayan ko si Elton bago ito pumasok sa sariling sasakyan.

My heart started racing again, knowing I'd be alone with Rigor. Sakto namang walang masyadong tao sa parking lot. I clutched my chest and closed my eyes, trying to still my pounding heart. After a few seconds of composing myself, I finally turned to him.

"I guess I'll go home," I said to him.

Limang kotse ata ang pagitan ng pinagparking-an ng kotse niya kaya hindi ko alam kung ano pang ginagawa niya rito. I went to Kyros' car and fished to the keys in my purse.

"What are you doing tomorrow?"

I frown, still looking for my keys. I gave him a side-glance and then shrugged.

"I'm waiting for a call from a job I applied." I answered. What is he going to do anyway? Invite me again to another dinner? Pumayag lang naman akong sumama dahil biglang lumabas si Castian at nagpanic ako. "Oh, shit." I smacked my forehead when I remembered something.

"What is it?"

I turn to him, upset. "I forgot to ask for Elton's autograph!"

His expression instantly switched from being worried to being angry. Rigor clenched his jaw and took an intimidating step closer to me.

"Ano? May crush ka pa rin sa pinsan ko?"

I rolled my eyes at him. "It's not for me. It's for Kyros."

"Who the hell is Kyros?" irita niyang tanong sa akin. It's like every time I mention another male's name, his blood pressure is rising.

Umiling ako, nanlulumo. "You don't know him." Tinapatan ko ang hakbang niya at lumapit na rin. My feet stop just in front of him. I could smell his expensive perfume and it's making me feel nostalgic. "Hey, do you think you could ask for an autograph for me?"

Nag-iwas ng tingin si Rigor, halatang naiinis.

"It's really important. It's a life-and-death situation, Rigor, please. I need his autograph."

"Pangit ang handwriting ng pinsan ko." Barumbado niyang sagot sa akin.

"I don't care. I just want his autograph."

"Even a toddler can write better than him."

I sighed. "Will you help me, or not? Ibigay mo nalang sa akin ang number niya para matawagan ko siya at ako mismo ang kumausap."

He didn't say anything. Instead, he turned to me again. I want to step back the moment I saw his eyes. The forest is in flames. I could see the haze in his orbs, and the veins in his arms are about to explode. This only happens when he's extremely pissed. I watch the flames rose high. Rigor could easily set this place ablaze with his piercing look.

"I-I'll just tell him that I forgot to ask." I pulled words out of panic as Rigor stepped closer and closer to me until my back hits the car. The alarm sounded but neither of us cared, and we are alone in the parking lot.

"All your attention was so focused on Elton this night, Czarina. You didn't even talk to me."

It wasn't the words of a man pitying on himself. In fact, he's spitting facts. He's shoving it right into my face as if I committed a horrible crime by making him feel irrelevant when he's sitting next to me.

"What are you talking about?" I chuckled nervously. "I talked to you tonight. Para ka namang bata."

"You know I hate sharing, Czarina." he said, emphasizing each and every word. My name never sounded more intimidating than when it rolls out of his mouth. Rigor looks like he wants to contribute to the chaos. Lucky for him, he looks like one of the gods so his rage would be righteous.

"Don't go feral, Rigor." my voice is firm, despite the shakiness I felt inside. My knees are wobbly. I want to press my palms against his chest and see if my skin burns. I want to sink my teeth into his skin to confirm if he still tastes the same. He is consuming me with just his looks. The man sure knows how to make any woman rattle under his fingertips.

"Am I getting wild, hmm?" he leans into my ear and whisper. I shivered down to my core. He's the only person in the world I know that could make his anger beautiful.

My breath halts, and I know he notices it, too. His gaze went down on my chest and didn't even bother to hide the lust in his eyes when he saw a glimpse of my cleavage. I haven't been looked at that in a while, and it made me feel beautiful for a moment. Umakyat ang tingin niya sa labi ko. I unintentionally bit my lower lip under his fiery gaze.

"You're a tease, cherié." He said hoarsely.

Ibinuka ko ang bibig, pero bago pa man makapagsalita ay naagaw na ang atensiyon ko. I blinked when a harsh snap of flash exploded in the night. The shutter of the camera sounded.

"Shit." Rigor pulled me closer and buried my face in his chest. Another shutter. Then I heard heavy footsteps running away from us.

"Is that...?"

"Fucking paparazzi." He muttered under his breath. Nanlaki ang mga mata ko. nakuhanan nila kami sa ganitong anggulo?

Kaagad kong itinulak palayo si Rigor. Sa sobrang pagtataranta ay nahulog ko pa ang susi. I quickly picked it up and started opening the door.

"I really should go home."

Rigor nods, silently agreeing that it is a wise move after what just happened. My heart didn't bother to slow down as it continued to claw at my chest walls.

"Text me when you get home." He said, stepping back when I started the engine. Hindi ko na siya sinagot at pinaharurot ang sasakyan palayo.

JUICY SCOOP

July 13, 2013

---------------------------------------------------------

TREVERON BOYS ARE BACK AT IT AGAIN, THIS TIME IN A DOUBLE DATE

Memento Mori's Philo Treveron and celebrity painter Rigor Treveron are back at it again! Rigor, best known for his abstract masterpieces and his ockstar cousin Philo are spotted in a double date in the Premier last Saturday.

We know what you're thinking! Who are these lucky girls? Halsey Wilson, the rising darling musician is seen arm in arm with the ockstar. Talk about perfect music pair! But what about Rigor's date? She's not in the media, so we can only assume that she's one lucky non-showbiz girlfriend. The two are spotted in action, seen canoodling in the restaurant's parking lot. Breaking stereotypes and breaking hearts, Rigor? See photo below for more juicy details.

---------------------------------------------------------

"Fuck, fuck, fuck!" I paced back and forth in my kitchen as Shantel reads the gossip column out loud. She grins and flips the iPad screen to my direction.

"Have you seen the picture? Your ass looks great here." Tuwang-tuwa pa niyang wika.

Nanlaki ang mga mata ko nang i-zoom niya ang larawang kinuha ng paparazzi nung nasa parking lot kaming dalawa ni Rigor.

I'm leaning against the car with Rigor's body pushed against me. The slit of my dress revealed most of my legs while my hands are pressed against his chest. Since it was a sideview shot, my knit dress afforded my body a sensual curve while half of my face is hidden in the dark.

Gusto kong matawa nang makitang in-edit pa nila ang mga daliri ko to look like I'm wearing red nail polish. They want me to paint as this no-name, sensual woman that Rigor is secretly dating.

"Ang daming comments! Gusto mong basahin?"

"Tuwang-tuwa ka talaga, no?"

Shantel threw her head back and laughed. I didn't think much about the paparazzi that night, but I wasn't expecting that they'd publish a gossip about us three days later!

"Look, there's tons of Rigor's fans here in the comment section. Ready ka na bang ma-bash?"

"Just to be clear, we were not canoodling."

Shantel rolled her eyes. "Oh, cut it off, Czarina. May anak na kayong dalawa. Ngayon ka pa ba mahihiya?"

I bit my lower lip and looked away. Shantel shoved the iPad to me and forced me to read the comment section.

@dolce_chloe: auq nang mabuhay sis

@andrevaaaa: gagi may tinatago palang jowa

@makenaurgf: lol ako lang ba bakit ampangit tingnan ni philo at halsey

@demi.hardin: love the fit tho!

@piashe: @makenaurgf philo & halsey who? we're here to hunt the girl

@erinnaaaa: PUTANGINA MARS ZOOM NYO YUNG UGAT SA BRASO NI RIGOR PUTA HUHU

Pati ako ay napazoom din nang mabasa ang comment na iyon. Alright. In fairness to the paparazzi. They must own a high-spec camera to capture these details.

The more I read the comment section, the more it became disturbing. May iilan na nagsasabing pokpok ako, na gagawin lang ding pulutan, at kung anu-ano pa. Some of them even threatened to hunt me down if it confirms that I'm really dating him.

It made me sick.

If they are so aggressive about this single photo, will they show their claws if they found out that Rigor already has a child? The thought of a gossip column like this publishing an article about Castian with his photo on it...

I don't even want to imagine it.

"Okay ka lang, Czarina?"

Napaigtad ako at napatingin kay Shantel. She looks concerned. Napansin niya atang nasa pinakadulo na ako ng comment section kung saan puro mga bastos at nakakatakot na comment mula sa fans niya ang naroon.

"Don't mind them. Most of the internet trolls are just a bunch of teenage girls who don't even know how to wash their own panties."

Just then, Castian entered the room. We finally occupied the master's bedroom upstairs. Kyros is sleeping in one of the guest rooms. Ang natitira nalang na kailangang linisan ay ang third floor kung nasaan ang opisina, studio, attic, at bakanteng mga kwarto.

"Mommy..." Castian looks so sad and teary-eyed. "I think Mau is sick."

Pinandilatan ko si Shantel na i-exit na ang gossip column na iyon at baka biglang hiramin ni Castian ang iPad bago ko nilapitan ang anak.

"She's not eating, Mommy." His tiny voice trembled.

"Don't worry, baby, we'll take Mau to the vet." I said and planted a kiss on his forehead.

I finally got the call to attend the orientation today. I might as well bring Castian and his cat with me to Manila. Kyros is pulling off a double shift so Shantel is lending her car. Ang sabi niya'y dito nalang siya mag-aaral at hihintayin kaming makauwi.

My phone starts ringing. Nagkatinginan kaming dalawa ni Shantel.

"Bihis muna tayo, Castian, tapos dalhin natin si Mau sa vet. Kawawa naman." Ani Shantel at iginiya siya paakyat. I mouthed thank you and accepted the call.

"Hi, good morning. I am just on my way-"

"Miss Martinell," the interviewer's voice sounds clipped from the other line. "There has been a drastic change just now."

My heart dropped to my stomach. I already have an idea of what she's about to say but I refuse to believe it until it comes from her mouth.

"What is it? Are we rescheduling?" pinilit ko pang pasayahin ang boses ko.

"We've found disturbing photos of you circulating online, along with a published article that links you to a famous person. You know that this is a Catholic school, Miss Martinell, and such wild, irresponsible behaviors will never be condoned. We try to set an example to the students by bringing up the best and professional faculty members to them, TA's included. Unfortunately, your recent expedition does not sit well with our school's mission and vision."

"But Ma'am-"

"We've come to an agreement to terminate our working relationship with you. I'm sorry."

Gumuhit ulit hapdi sa dibdib ko lalo na matapos ang tawag nang hindi ko man lang naipapaliwanag ang sarili ko. I want to throw my phone against the wall, yell, and curse but I was too weak to do any of it.

Besides, Castian is done changing. Yakap niya ang matamlay na pusa. The black persian cat purred softly, still with her eyes closed.

I pulled myself together and managed a smile to my son even though all I wanted was to wreck everything after that call.

"I'll text you, Shantel. Salamat, ah?"

She nods once and then settled herself on the kitchen table with her thick law books sprawled everywhere. Hinawakan ko ang maliit na kamay ni Castian at lumabas na kami.

Hindi na ako dumiretso sa Manila. I looked for the nearest vet in our area. Castian is so worried about Mau the entire time we were waiting, only to find out that she's just pregnant.

"Cats are always sleepy and may lose their appetite during pregnancy. It's normal. Nothing to worry about. Although I would prescribe some vitamins to support her pregnancy and would recommend to switch on growth formulated food from now on."

"You're having kitties, Castian!" tuwang-tuwa kong wika. Panandaliang nawala ang stress ko dahil sa nalaman. Mau yawned and started licking her paw, completely oblivious that we're talking about it.

Pagkatapos naming bilhin ang vitamins at pagkain ni Mau ay umuwi rin kaagad kami. Hindi ko na dinisturbo si Shantel sa kusina. I just silently prepared dinner for all of us.

My rage slept that night but as soon as I wake the next morning, my anger is consuming me. I quickly took a shower and bathed Castian as well.

I spelled out the wrath inside of me by applying a bloody red lipstick and putting on cigarette heels with edges that could stab a man to death.

As soon as Kyros arrived home, I borrowed his car and kissed my son goodbye.

I dialed Rigor's number while marching angrily towards the car. He answered on the second ring.

"Cza-"

"Where are you?" I hissed through gritted teeth.

There was a pause. Mukhang nakikiramdam siya sa mood ko ngayon nang marinig ang galit kong boses.

"I'm in my studio." He answered after a short while.

"Text me the address. Stay there. We need to talk." I said bossily and ended the call.

My phone chimed just as when I'm buckling my seatbelt. Binasa ko muna ang address ng studio niya bago siya ni-reply-an ng thumbs up sign. I stepped on the accelerator and drove fast to the city.

Fuck manners. A well-behaved woman rarely gets what she wants. This time, I'm showing this asshole that I can be violent, and vulgar, and beautiful.

The devil can sit back today and admire my work.

-

#HanmariamBFLIIChap3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114K 8.6K 76
And so? An epistolary.
3.2K 59 25
After being resolute that her last semester at Xavier University will be her best semester, Reina Manriquez found herself in bad rapport with her fou...
82.1K 1.6K 55
Love is home and life, it never fails. Though shall not seek for love. Love will always defy all the odds no matter what happens. So, let love find y...
15.5K 699 37
Nadine Guinto, an 18 year-old girl who belongs to the poorest class of the society, needs to join Metro Manila's Survival Race in order to save her a...