π•πˆπ‘π€π†πŽ | α΄€ΚŸΙͺᴄᴇ ΙͺΙ΄ ʙᴏʀᴅᴇ...

By braeium

(π’π‡π”ππ“π€π‘πŽ π‚π‡πˆπ’π‡πˆπ˜π€ 𝐗 𝐅. πŽπ‚) REWRITE OF OLD BOOK ON MY OLD ACCOUNT @DarkTanken ❝And yo... More

VIRAGO
ACT ONE β”οΈŽβ”οΈŽ parallels.
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
ACT TWO β”οΈŽβ”οΈŽ new world.
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
EPILOGUE
AFTER VIRAGO: HEADCANNONS
ALTERNATE ENDING #1
ALTERNATE ENDING #1 CONTINUED
ALTERNATE ENDING #2
ALTERNATE ENDING #2 CONTINUED

SEVEN

13.6K 571 506
By braeium

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 :
a new but familiar face

VISA COUNT: 5 DAYS
﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

FINDING THE BLONDE WAS A CHALLENGING THING, at least it was for the lazy brunette.

Well, not so much.

But it was challenging to walk all the flights of stairs. Riko having forgotten the elevator until she reached the last of the steps. When she realized she forgot it she gently slammed her head on the wall, about three times, hoping this moment would imprint into her mind and she would never forget an easier path again.

Yumi was sat on the concrete near the entrance of the building complex. The blonde was sitting alone with her head tucked into her arms, body shaking aggressively leading to Riko only assuming one thing.

I have a bad feeling about this. Her chest tightened in anticipation as she stopped approaching the girl.

"Yumi." The girl called out as she felt her throat cry for water. Riko seriously needed to get used to all the stamina required for this new world.

"R-Riko..." The blonde had hiccups that interrupted her words. Riko felt a bad feeling hit the bottom of her gut, building into a steady pit of worry. Her head lifted out of her now damp arms as she turned and looked at the girl with a heartbroken expression.

Yumi then stood up and staggered over to the taller female and tried to open her arms weakly for a hug. Riko felt a pang in her chest as she furrowed her eyebrows. Her gathered sympathy turning to confusion.

I don't even want to shake your hand and you believe I would hug you? But alas the brunette began preparing herself, for both the news and physical touch.

"Midari—she...she covered me—when I was getting shot at a-and..." Yumi kept sniffing in-between words.

"It's okay...take your time."

"She—...she's—"

Knowing what she was going to say Riko pulled the blonde in for a hug, though it wasn't truly a hug because the brunette didn't know how to give hugs.

"What are you d-doing?" Yumi stumbled over her words as she felt hands awkwardly pat her back.

Riko's voice was embarrassed as she practically whispered, "...hugging you."

Yumi let out a small chuckle as she backed out of the 'hug'. "That's not how you hug..." rubbing her eyes she let out another quiet giggle.

"Well, my arms are around you so I think I got the basics down," Riko grumbled as she pats Yumi's back with a stiff arm.

"Here," Yumi broke away and move away from the brunette's stiff arms so that they were bending carefully around the brunette's waist. Then the blonde wrapped her arms around her torso.

"Oh..." This is...surprisingly nice.

The two stayed silent for a moment before the girl in Riko's arms broke it, "Shes...uh—go-gone."

"Hey..." Riko's voice was calm and soothing.

What the hell do I say?

"At least she doesn't have to participate in these cruel games anymore..?"

THAT'S NOT RIGHT—HOW DO I COMFORT SOMEONE?!

"I guess..." Yumi began to cry again, nuzzling her head into the brunette's shoulder. "I just miss her..."

"Well—that's normal." Riko was a lost cause when it came to comforting people.

She felt Yumi nod her head, "I know."

"Hey...why don't we go back to the warehouse and sleep or eat something?"

Yumi sniffles before rubbing her eyes and grabbing onto Riko's arm, beginning to bring her in the direction of the warehouse.

I'll...allow this just because your in mourning...no other reason.

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

The next day was rough. It was as though a thick cloud had steemed itself over the blonde's head and without her keeping the excited energy, it was quiet. An unnerving quiet that would send shivers down Riko's spine every so often.

"Riko. We should join a game." Yumi broke the quiet moment and the brunette looked up to see her sitting in a crouched position in Midari's corner.

It was called that because she "didn't want anyone to impose" like Yumi was doing currently.

Though it didn't really matter anymore.

"I want more days on my visa so I can mourn properly." The blonde was previously crying and it was obvious, dried tear streaks that cleaned their tracks on her dirty face.

Riko turned her gaze to the floor and kept it there, "You...You should probably use your previously gathered ones first."

"I know I should." Yumi's voice projected around the room with an almost aggressive tone.

Riko finally turned her eyes up, both girls' eyes clashed as she broke the silence with a soft voice, "Okay."

"We should get ready then, it'll be dark soon."

Riko looked outside to confirm the girl's statement and sighed, pushing her head into her hands she tried to wake herself up.

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

They were outside of a zoo, a familiar one. The brunette vaguely remembered going there once for a school field trip. Yumi strutted in front of Riko quickly, her posture was seemingly excited.

Certainly, she wouldn't try to...

Though she wasn't expecting a large group when she entered the bright room that was exactly what she was met with. Quickly recovering from her shock the girl directed her gaze to the table and reached for a phone.

Facial recognition in progress, please wait a moment.

There are currently 15 participants. Please wait until the game commences. Two minutes and 57 seconds until registration ends.

Please grab a bag from the table.

Riko looked up and finally noticed that, unlike the other games she had been in, this one had another white table behind the phone one. This table was bigger than the phone one, covering a lot of room. The top was decorated with various dark duffel bags.

Riko frowned at the message and grabbed a dark duffle bag, noticing the weight to it.

It's heavy. Maybe I should work out more...or just work out.

The brunette finally looked up for the second time since she entered the room and was surprised by the diversity of stereotypes.

Taking up most of the room was a large group of teenage girls, giggling and pointing at a man in a corner.

Another participant was a man tapping his foot quite aggressively onto the floor, a common sign of nervousness. His hands grabbing at the fabric of his pants tightly.

Some more businessmen and women that kept to themselves or groups of two. And some people wearing athletic clothes, the kinds that bicycle riders would wear.

The only person in the room that managed to catch her attention and keep it was the one the teenage girls were still gossiping about. Standing in the corner confidently was a tall man quite literally looking down on everyone. Currently, it seemed as though he were doing the same as Riko, observing his fellow participants.

As if sensing her gaze, his eyes turned and met her own, a knowing smirk decorated his previously bored face. Speaking of his face, something felt familiar about it. It was as though she had already seen it, but what were the chances?

He seems dangerous...I don't like it. Her gaze flickered between him and the table a few times before settling on the table.

Something about his aura screamed "I'm a highly functioning sociopath"

Even when Riko turned to look at the new people in the room, she could still feel his stare on her. Beginning to tap her hand on her thigh to calm her nerves she raked her eyes over the new people.

Both were large, bulky men in athletic wear. Perhaps they're body trainers? Or gym enthusiasts? She continued to watch as they completed the introductory steps as her.

"Restoration closed. There are a total of 17 participants. The game will now commence."

"Difficulty, 6 of hearts."

The wind seemed to empty her lungs as she tried to decipher whether she was excited for the game or scared.

"Game, 'Battle Royal'. Rule, be one of the last two standing."

Are you serious?

"Clear condition. Be one of the duo left alive. Time limit, 60 minutes. After the 60 minutes have passed, if there are not two people left everyone will die."

The people in bigger groups began to look at the others in the groups, silently trying to decipher who they wanted to live and who wouldn't.

Everyone did, turning to each other in disbelief at the situation. Riko couldn't deny that her eyes moved to the man in the corner, not really surprised when she saw his excited face.

"One minute before the game starts."

Everyone dispersed at once. Riko tried to memorize the directions everyone left in and when she tried to talk to Yumi, she realized that the blonde was in fact gone.

That rude litt—Fine I guess I'll do this myself.

Riko turned again once she heard footsteps approaching. The man from the corner met her gaze once more as he spoke, "Hello there." His upper lip quirked up as he looked down at her.

"Hello." The brunette slowly slid her foot back as she thought of all the things that could happen.

I need to leave quickly.

"What's in your bag?" He tilted his head as he took a step closer. Riko shrugged and took a cautious step back.

"Let's team up." A growing smirk spread across his face as he offered, though it wasn't much of an offer—more so demand.

"I'd rather not—" Riko was cut off by the man getting close enough to hit her if he chose.

"Was that a yes? Because I think I heard a yes."

What is with people and deciding I want to work with them?

"Maybe check again later and I'll let you know if I'm up to it."

I have to take care of Yumi. Her face hardened.

"Boo—try again." His eyes looked up and raked over the distance as he put his hand into his coats pocket.

Riko had to think over the situation and quickly, could the brunette betray Yumi if it came to it? For a stranger nonetheless. She didn't know her all to well but knowing she was mourning—

An audible crunch was heard from the trees behind Riko. The man in front of her turned in that direction before pulling something out of his pocket. He laughed and pulled his hand back from its extended position, laughing a bit before cheering, "Headshot!"

Oh great, he has a gun...

"Now you owe me!" A joyful smile spread across his face as he bent his body down to be eye level, "And you're my teammate." His voice became serious as he proved his point. He wasn't going to take no for an answer.

What the hell? Riko didn't respond for a moment before sighing, "We need to move. The bullet will bring other's here."

"The game will now commence."

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

It only took three minutes for the two to split up, the man leaving to try and pick off some of the participants. Riko had decided to entertain his idea of teaming and the longer the game continued the more it seemed like a good idea.

"Four contestants down. Cause of death, murder."

Riko looked over from where the voice came from, seeing a large screen that had security camera footage playing on it. Oh great, they're showing us how they died. It showed a video of the man she had joined killing four people after they tried to team up on him. It didn't work, and the man had a sharp sword.

Two were stabbed in the abdomen. One was decapitated. The other was stabbed in the back once he tried to run.

"Three contestants down. Cause of death, suicide."

The video next showed three people jumping off of a tall tree into a tiger's den where they got torn into pieces by the animals, a painful way to go.

Riko sighed at the killings, looking away from the screen when she felt a tad squeamish. Pulling out her phone she noticed fifteen minutes passed so far. Dang, they're dropping like flies...just not quick enough.

Riko continued to watch the activity on the floor from above.

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

No matter how much I insulted Chishiya for him being useless, I must admit that his strategy works well in keeping me alive.

Riko was still in the same position 30 minutes later. Leaning lazily onto the trunk of the tree while dangling her feet off the branch she was sat on.

"Maybe I should go down there and help—" The brunette was cut off by a gunshot ringing through the air near where the lions were supposed to be.

"You're right," Riko spoke to the gunshot, "I shouldn't, I should stay up here and not risk getting shot."

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

+ ONE ALLY

Masanobu Ando as
Kurayami Takahashi

Posted: May 20, 2022
Words: 2151
Edited: ✘︎

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

421K 12.9K 30
Y/N and Niragi go to the same high school. Niragi is a nerdy boy, with no friends and the main target of constant bullying. Y/N on the contrary, has...
13K 319 31
(Based on the live action version of Alice In Borderland along with different things from the manga) this is before/during Arisu and Usagi's arrival...
9.2K 362 11
"You are more than your past, Aguni Morizono." Aguni was responsible for the bullet in your shoulder and the death of your friend. So why did you sav...
262K 7.4K 25
season 1 and 2 - ? editing for better and more descriptive scenes so it goes along with season 2 --- 𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 Ju...