π•πˆπ‘π€π†πŽ | α΄€ΚŸΙͺᴄᴇ ΙͺΙ΄ ʙᴏʀᴅᴇ...

By braeium

(π’π‡π”ππ“π€π‘πŽ π‚π‡πˆπ’π‡πˆπ˜π€ 𝐗 𝐅. πŽπ‚) REWRITE OF OLD BOOK ON MY OLD ACCOUNT @DarkTanken ❝And yo... More

VIRAGO
ACT ONE β”οΈŽβ”οΈŽ parallels.
ONE
TWO
THREE
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
ACT TWO β”οΈŽβ”οΈŽ new world.
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
EPILOGUE
AFTER VIRAGO: HEADCANNONS
ALTERNATE ENDING #1
ALTERNATE ENDING #1 CONTINUED
ALTERNATE ENDING #2
ALTERNATE ENDING #2 CONTINUED

FOUR

14.6K 617 509
By braeium

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧 :
tag

VISA COUNT: 7 DAYS
﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

"I'M GOING TO participate in another game tonight," Riko announced with a monotone voice as she walked out of a clothing store she had already forgotten the name of and to the deserted streets. Birds flew close to the floor on the empty roads. It seemed it wasn't completely lifeless after all.

Previously the group had only played two games as a trio, two of diamonds and three of spades. Generally easy games. Nothing too challenging yet, and that upset Riko.

It had been only one day since the three of spades, and even though Riko had enough visa to get her through a week she was bored. And boredom led her to this exact moment.

"Do you want us to join you?" Yumi politely offered as she leaned into Midari's arm that was wrapped around her waist.

I can't tell if they're dating or if they are just really close. The girls seemed to just be good friends but sometimes she doubted it. Like when the two would cuddle and hug for hours, or the protective nature they showed over each other.

"Yeah, we can help!" Midari added, smiling at the shorter brunette. The duo was walking behind Riko in the middle of the street.

"Do what you wish I won't stop you—" Riko was cut off by Midari swinging her other arm around her neck. Riko shivered a bit before sighing and accepting her fate the other times she had tried to get out of her grip didn't work out in her favor.

"You wanna go Yumi? I'm gonna go, never know how much trouble this one could get in." Midari nuzzled the top of Riko's head with her fist lightly. Ow.

"Last time I checked it was you two getting into trouble—" Riko tried to speak but was shushed by the taller girl that saw Yumi attempting to speak.

"I guess... it's just so scary." Yumi trailed off and Midari broke free from them both.

"Don't worry, I'll protect you!" The brunette flexed and showed her 'guns' as she called them, now walking backwards to look at both shorter girls.

Riko tuned out the rest of the conversation as the trio walked back to their home, instead reliving one of the past.

"Oh—he's very cute!" A stranger on the street talked about Mylo as they walked by.

"I know, isn't she adorable?" Riko wasted no time in trying to tell the person that they were wrong without saying the exact words, finding it bothersome to put that much effort into correcting someone.

"Oh...I'm sorry I thought—" The person's face began to heat up as they waved their hands around nervously.

"It's fine."

"I'm coming with Riko!" Yumi broke her quick memory with a nervous smile.

" ...Aight." The brunette moved to her corner in the large room and began to snack in some of the chips she grabbed from a random store.

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

There.

It wasn't difficult to find a game, especially since this one was a large apartment building. Toei Sendagaya Apartment to be exact.

"Let's follow her, she seems to know what she's doing." Yumi pointed to a short-haired girl that was walking in front of them.

Riko's eyes examined the girl, noticing her athletic clothing. Without speaking the brunette nodded and began to walk quicker than the duo behind her. Though they picked up the pace as to not be left behind.

It was a short walk, but she found the room she was irritated to see that there were steps, even if it were a few.

Stupid stairs...

Riko never liked stairs. Even though she would use them to get to her apartment, that was just because she needed cardio and wasn't about to run outside. It didn't mean she didn't detest stairs any less.

They arrived about the same time as the female they followed and counted 9 contestants (including the girl). Everyone in the room but one looked up at the new entrances in the room. And while the other girl paused, Riko walked around her.

Finishing the distance between her and the table she grabbed a phone and watched the familiar message appear, "Facial recognition in progress please wait a moment.

There are currently ten participants. Please wait until the game commences. 3 minutes until registration closes."

Moving out of the way of the girl she skipped over Riko leaned on the doorway next to a man wearing lots of denim and a bandana. His eyes were diverting all around the room so Riko could only assume he was waiting for someone.

Moving along the participants she saw two young girls were wearing fancier clothing as if they were from a tea party or fashion show.

An older woman that would jump at the smallest sound, dressed in a formal outfit. Maybe an office job.
And two stereotypical businessmen standing next to the woman. Riko continued to look around the room and was slightly shocked to meet the eyes of the man from the escape room. His position was the same as last time, leaning against the wall with his hood on.

Huh.

The brunette looked him up and down, not necessarily in a sexual way more so general interest. Noticing him do the same quickly she turned away and he eventually went back to bobbing his head to his music.

Riko looked back after a moment and saw something charging at his feet. Isn't that music player only powered by batteries? She furrowed her eyebrows as she tore her eyes away from him once more when Yumi and Midari approached her on the right.

"Excuse me—Where did all the people in Tokyo go?" A boy wearing a blue cap questioned the short-haired girl they followed, reminding her of the high school girl she met before.

What was her name? Ko....something?

A large man barged into the room, pushing the kid away from the girl and walking over to the denim guy. Knew it.

The man looks strong...serious, probably training of some sort but I'm not sure what. Could be a good ally especially because I'm lacking in that department. Riko looked him up and down to assume his physical strength but accidentally caught his eye. He glared at her and she slightly lifted her hands for a mock surrender. The man narrowed his eyes but watched her turn away.

The blue hat kid kept trying to get answers but everyone ignored him. Riko wasn't going to break the tense silence and it seemed like no one else was either.

Two new people entered the room. One was taller, a clean-cut blonde. He looks strong enough and maybe brave? Probably another good ally. Turning to the other man she almost sighed, well he's a mess. He had darker hair that was unruly and didn't seem to pay much attention to hygiene. Hopefully, he's intelligent.

Riko continued to watch the shorter man and sees his eyes look over to the music player by the man's feet. She shifted her position to be more comfortable.

A ring went through the room, "Registration has closed. There are a total of 16 participants. The game will now commence."

The blue hat boy kept asking questions. "Just what is this? I ended up here. I have no idea what's going on."

"It's a game—" The dark-haired man tried to answer however his friend interrupted.

"Stop it. Beginners will only get in our way. It doesn't feel great, but it might be a good idea to act like Shibuki did." Riko eavesdropped on their conversation, not like she had anything better to do.

He has a point. Though I don't know who this Shibuki is.

"Difficulty, five of spades."

Eww...moving?

"Oh no—a physical game!" Yumi turned towards Midari and began to panic, remembering her ankle. It wasn't broken or anything, but it did hurt sometimes or at least she would say it did.

"It's okay, I'll protect you until I die!" Midari smiled down at the girl.

"Game, 'A Game of Tag'. Rule, run away from the taggers."

No, I hate tag... too much running. Multiple reactions came from the participants, though most were gasps and groans.

"Even worse!" Yumi panicked.

"You'll be okay!"

"Clear condition. Discover the safe zone hidden in one of the building's rooms within the time limit. You cleat the game when this objective is fulfilled. Time limit, 20 minutes. After the 20 minutes have passed the time bomb hidden in the building will explode."

Riko stared down at the phone's screen for a few seconds before turning to her friends. "I'm going to find my way to the top floor...get a look at the structure of the building."

"Okay, Yumi and I will go look for the safe room near the bottom ones," Midari added onto the plan.

"We will?!"

"Yes, calm down we'll be okay."

"I'll be going...uh." Riko cleared her throat, "Please don't die."

"Awww—you care!" Midari grabbed her shoulders, "Don't worry we won't! I promise."

How could you promise that?

Riko gave the girls a small smile before turning around to find a way to the top floor. The brunette heard them gasp as she left the room. Riko knew she wasn't going to climb up those stairs, and since it was an apartment complex and the man was charging something earlier she assumed power worked.

Elevator, my savior.

"Two minutes until the game starts."

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

Once Riko found the God-sent elevator she was only somewhat surprised to see the same blonde man from before in it. The brunette blew out a breath before entering it.

The man turned in her direction and smirked, "Which floor?" He readied his hand to press the button she said.

The girl looked over the buttons and noticed seventh was the highest, "Seventh."

His smirk grew a smidge as he pressed down the seven buttons. The box began to rise and Riko leaned her head on the wall, "It's so bright in here I feel like I'm going blind." She complained under her breath as she rubbed her temples.

The brunette walked out and looked to the right noticing another hallway, turning back to the left she saw the man leaning on the ledge, having already found his spot.

"People watching?" Riko called out once he gave her a small wave despite just seeing her.

"Hn...Everyone looks like they're going to die, as per usual." He looked over at her with a slightly curious face, "I wasn't expecting another person up here."

The same ringing as before spread across the hall.

"The game will now commence. The time limit is 20 minutes. Game start."

"Isn't that fun?" Riko grumbled sarcastically to herself.

"The tagger is now on the move."

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

+ ONE ALLY

Nijiro Murakami as
Shuntaro Chishiya

Posted: October 1, 2021
Words: 1821
Edited: ✘︎

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

262K 7.4K 25
season 1 and 2 - ? editing for better and more descriptive scenes so it goes along with season 2 --- 𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 Ju...
174K 4K 49
Tokyo is engulfed in a lonely darkness and you're forced into deathly games. You don't know what this place is but you know you have to survive. But...
6.9K 181 15
You were friends with Chishiya when you both were born because Chishiya's mom was friends with your mom. You and Chishiya grew up together and happi...
289K 8.1K 40
You didn't pay attention for a moment and everyone disappeared all of a sudden. It seemed like you were in an apocalypse but in fact you were just in...