The Turns of Time- James Pott...

By jade_diamond11

Frannie Black is the daughter of the infamous Sirius Black, who passed away two years ago in the Department o... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1- Andromeda's Anguish
Chapter 2- Flames and Fears
Chapter 3- 1977?
Chapter 4- Gallovanting with Gryffindors
Chapter 5- House (dis)Unity
Chapter 6- Blacks and Broomsticks
Chapter 7- Scorn of Snivellus
Chapter 8- Rivals
Chapter 9- Enlisting the Halfblood Prince
Chapter 10- Flutters of Attraction
Chapter 11- An Unexpected Help
Chapter 12- Queen (Marlene)
Chapter 13- Secrets Unveiled
Chapter 14- Black Confrontations
Chapter 16- Birthday Crashes via Ferret
Chapter 17- Draco's Dramatics
Chapter 18- Hogsmeade and Hesitations
Chapter 19- The Conquerers (thanks, Padfoot)
Chapter 20- Regulus's Resistance
Chapter 21- A Unexpected Development (I still don't approve- Padfoot)
Chapter 22- Voldy's a Moody Pubecesent
Chapter 23- Malicious Malfoys
Chapter 24- A Few (Stubborn) Recruits
Chapter 25- A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall
Chapter 26- Draco's a Leader (good-bye Scarhead)
Chapter 27- The Tortured History of Snivellus and Prongs
Chapter 28- Outwitting the Goblins (which is actually ruddy hard- Padfoot)
Chapter 29- No Longer an Orphan
Chapter 30- Dumbledore's (infuriatingly) Cryptic Ways
Chapter 31- Scars
Chapter 32- A Cousin's Love
Chapter 33- (another) Battle of Hogwarts
Chapter 34- A Prophecy Comes True (no thanks to Trelawny)
14 Years Later

Chapter 15- A Saved Finger

18.7K 587 87
By jade_diamond11

"You know they're not going to leave you alone," Lily looked up from where she, Alice, and Frannie were studying in their dormitory. Frannie had been determined to avoid as many students as possible, only in the corridors in between classes. She had yet to see Regulus, although she figured their Quidditch mornings were over.

"I know," Frannie sighed, stretching her legs as she sat down her quill. Seventh year was exhausting, even without being on the run. "I just can't handle them yet."

Alice squeezed her hand in sympathy, shaking her dark head. "It's your story to tell at the right time."

"I just cannot believe that Sirius is your father!" Lily exclaimed, disrupting her pot of ink in her passion. "I mean, how are you not dead?"

Frannie laughed at the redhead's indignation, feeling a wave of relief. Lily had taken the news rather easily, insisting that Frannie should tell her little of the future and that she only now held her parentage against her. "Honestly, I've wondered the same thing."

Alice shook her head, brushing her dark bob carefully. "Marlene's just horrified some woman actually managed to tie Sirius down."

Frannie stiffened, forcing herself to look nonchalant as she returned to her DADA textbook.

"Who is your mother?" Lily blurted, before covering her lips guiltily with a pale hand. "I'm sorry! I just can't help but wonder if I know her too."

"You do," Frannie replied, fiddling with her tie. She didn't think she was prepared to face Marlene as her mother, not to mention the uproar between the blonde and Sirius. "But I can't tell you more than that."

Lily looked satisfied, leaning back against her bedframe as she practiced a cheering charm. "I just hope poor Remus is alright, I know full moon is coming up soon."

Frannie's gaze widened in alarm as she looked over at Alice, who was fastening a pretty barrette over her bangs.

"Oh, don't worry!" Alice seemed to notice her worried expression in the mirror as she waved a reassuring hand. "We've all known for ages."

"I swear, they think we're idiots," Lily exclaimed, sticking out her tongue. "Honestly, it doesn't take a genius to connect the dots. I'm surprised more of the castle hasn't found out, to be honest."

Alice pursed her lips, her gaze thoughtful. "I've heard several Ravenclaws discuss it. I think what Remus doesn't realize is that most people don't care as long as they're safe."

Frannie bit her lip, thinking of her future godfather, exhausted and worn from years of loneliness and poverty. At least he had found Tonks in the end, although she had not seen them during the battle.

"Severus figured it out first I think," Lily only seemed slightly bitter, her gaze drifting far away in thought. "I said he was being ridiculous. But after that incident in fifth year.."

"Where Sirius tricked Severus into entering the Whomping Willow?" Frannie finished, raising her eyebrows questioningly. "Yeah, that was story I didn't find out until my fifth year." She thought of Snape's Occlumency lessons with a shudder. The Potions Master had insisted on giving her ones with Harry, which needless to say had ended in disaster.

"Probably because he didn't want to ruin his carefree reputation," Lily sighed, slamming her textbook shut. "That's what bothers me most, I think. Is that people don't acknowledge them for the arrogant, bullies they can be."

"I agree," Frannie returned, folding her hair into a twist. "Just because they're charming." She wrinkled her nose, remembering Walburga and Orion's friends. "That doesn't mean a thing."

"Do you think the potion Severus gave Remus actually worked?" Lily looked as though she had wanted to ask the question for a while, her face flushed with pink.

Frannie bit her lip, trying desperately to remember how the future Snape used to brew the Wolfsbane Potion. "I doubt it does this time around, I swore I remember Remus had to take it for a week before full moon. But as long as he doesn't poison him, I'll count it had progress," she wrinkled her forehead worriedly.

"He won't," Lily shook her head, seeming rather confident of her old friend. "If Severus is anything, he's cautious."

"What are we having?" James's face appeared in the doorway, his friends at his back. "Some Snivellus celebration?"

"REMUS!" Frannie got up in relief, her gaze scanning the Gryffindor's pale and scarred form. "Are you alright?"

He seemed rather uncomfortable as he looked away from Frannie's face, staring at the floor. "The potion didn't work," his voice was hoarse.

Frannie exchanged a disappointed look with Lily. "It's alright," she reached over for his hand, but Remus flinched backwards immediately. "I know it will someday," she bit her lip, running a hand through her hair. "And you should know, I've never been scared of you or anything. What happened to you doesn't define you, its not like you had a choice." Her gaze drifted off as she thought of Christmas at Grimmauld Place. "And you make a wicked hot chocolate."

"I.. was around you often?" Remus looked up in surprise, panic flashing in his gaze. "I shouldn't have—"

"Honestly, Remus, I spent the holidays with you on occasion," Frannie waved a dismissive hand. "You're my godfather, you know."

Sirius choked on his flask of firewhiskey as Remus appeared rather touched, a smile crossing his lips. "Really?"

"Hey!" James whipped around, his hazel gaze accusing as he glared at Sirius. "Thanks a lot, mate."

Frannie shuddered at the thought of James as her godfather. Privately, she was rather relieved, as she still couldn't shake her crush on the Gryffindor. "Potter, I think Sirius wanted me to live past my first birthday."

James looked very offended, puffing out his chest and folding his arms over his robes. "I'll have you know, I'll be a brilliant dad." He winked at Lily. "Isn't that right, Evans?"

"In your dreams, Potter," the redhead retorted.

Frannie had gone rather pale, Harry's heartbroken gaze flashing in her mind. She wasn't going to let that happen, she reassured herself. Looking up, she saw Remus staring, his gaze calculating as he quickly looked away.

"Anyways," Frannie ran a hand through her hair. "I'm starved. Who's coming to dinner?"

To her relief, the offer of food seemed to break the tension, the group leaving the common room whilst squabbling and pushing each other. Frannie rolled her eyes in amusement. They really were such children.

"Hold on," Alice stared at the stairs to the girl's dormitories, which had transformed into slide. "How did you even get up here?"

"We're beasts," James replied, exchanging a secret glance with Sirius. Frannie assumed it had something to do with their Animagi forms.

Lily let out a disgruntled snort. "Is there any school rule you HAVEN'T broken?"

Sirius looked over at Remus. "Moony was keeping track for us. What're we at? Ten left?"

"You broke into Dumbledore's office last week," Remus replied, his brown gaze focused as he counted on his fingers. "That leaves nine. Although one of those is not to kill another student, so—"

"I volunteer Snivellus!" Sirius cried, highfiving James as they left the common room. "Although I suppose Malfoy would do."

"Severus is trying to help Remus!" Lily retorted, actually defending the Slytherin for the first time in years.

Sirius shrugged, looking unbothered. "Still is a slimy git."

"Frannie?"

Frannie looked over her shoulder to see Peter hanging back, his expression curious as he fiddled with his hands.

"Did you," the boy paused, looking rather embarrassed. "Did you ever know me?"

Frannie bit her lip, her heart pounding in her chest. What was she supposed to tell him? "Yes," she replied carefully. "I saw you around."

Peter frowned as he noticed the change in her stance. A flash of guilt appeared in his eyes. "Tell me I didn't give in," he whispered, his voice cracking.

"Are you two coming?"

Frannie turned around to see James standing at the end of the corridor, his gaze flashing between the two curiously. "Yes, just give us a second James." She turned back to Peter as James gave a small nod, disappearing down the hall. "Give in to what?" she scanned Peter's expression carefully as the boy shook his head. "Pete, its okay. I'm not going to judge you."

"The.. the death eaters," Peter whispered, his face a sallow green. "They've been threatening me since last year.. hexing me.. and," his voice shook, "they say they'll stop if I join them and tell them James's and Sirius's secrets."

Frannie grabbed his arm as tears began to pour down Peter's cheeks. "Peter!" she shook her head. "You should have told someone."

"It will only get worse," Peter pulled away, squaring his shoulders. "I'm not brave enough to stand on my own."

"That's absolute rubbish," Frannie replied, her tone firm. "Peter, if I've learned anything, it's that bravery is a choice." She thought of Draco, his narrow face set in determination. "Its easier for some people than others, but its never impossible. You just have to truly want it."

Peter's shaking began to subside as the boy wiped a hand over his face, his cheeks glistening with moisture. "Can you help me?" he looked up at Frannie, his gaze a brilliant blue. "I don't want to become what..whatever version you know." He trembled. "I can tell it isn't good."

"I can give you a few lessons to improve your defensive magic," Frannie linked her arm with his, pulling him away from the questioning stares they were beginning to get from passing students. "But the ultimate choice is up to you, the way it is for everyone." She raised an eyebrow. "What matters most to you? Yourself or others?"

Peter took a steadying breath, a flash of determination that she had never seen before appearing in his eyes. "My friends."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64K 1.4K 25
Maxine Black is the only daughter of the infamous serial killer Sirius Black, when he was only 16 years old. As she enters her last year of Hogwarts...
19.4K 611 21
Mayalyn Black returns to Hogwarts with her brother alongside long time friends, Remus Lupin, Peter Pettigrew, and James Potter. As they navigate thei...
638K 21.8K 43
A transferee from Beauxbaton knocks in Hogwarts Castle doors. Nobody knows her or have heard from her, but her last name was interesting since her fa...
917 59 16
Its been two years since the marauders have graduated. James and Lily are married with a baby on the way, and Sirius and Peter are very busy with th...