The Turns of Time- James Pott...

By jade_diamond11

Frannie Black is the daughter of the infamous Sirius Black, who passed away two years ago in the Department o... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1- Andromeda's Anguish
Chapter 2- Flames and Fears
Chapter 3- 1977?
Chapter 4- Gallovanting with Gryffindors
Chapter 5- House (dis)Unity
Chapter 6- Blacks and Broomsticks
Chapter 7- Scorn of Snivellus
Chapter 8- Rivals
Chapter 9- Enlisting the Halfblood Prince
Chapter 10- Flutters of Attraction
Chapter 11- An Unexpected Help
Chapter 12- Queen (Marlene)
Chapter 13- Secrets Unveiled
Chapter 15- A Saved Finger
Chapter 16- Birthday Crashes via Ferret
Chapter 17- Draco's Dramatics
Chapter 18- Hogsmeade and Hesitations
Chapter 19- The Conquerers (thanks, Padfoot)
Chapter 20- Regulus's Resistance
Chapter 21- A Unexpected Development (I still don't approve- Padfoot)
Chapter 22- Voldy's a Moody Pubecesent
Chapter 23- Malicious Malfoys
Chapter 24- A Few (Stubborn) Recruits
Chapter 25- A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall
Chapter 26- Draco's a Leader (good-bye Scarhead)
Chapter 27- The Tortured History of Snivellus and Prongs
Chapter 28- Outwitting the Goblins (which is actually ruddy hard- Padfoot)
Chapter 29- No Longer an Orphan
Chapter 30- Dumbledore's (infuriatingly) Cryptic Ways
Chapter 31- Scars
Chapter 32- A Cousin's Love
Chapter 33- (another) Battle of Hogwarts
Chapter 34- A Prophecy Comes True (no thanks to Trelawny)
14 Years Later

Chapter 14- Black Confrontations

19K 559 42
By jade_diamond11

Frannie took a deep breath, running a hand through her hair and trying to keep her fingers from shaking. She had been gone for nearly twenty four hours and she couldn't hide anymore. Clenching her jaw, she pushed open the door to the Transfiguration classroom, causing several heads to turn in her direction. "Sorry I'm late, Professor."

She resisted the urge to cower as she felt the stares of the students boring into the side of her face. For perhaps the first time, she gained a new respect for Potter. Being ogled at wasn't exactly her typical experience.

McGonagall gazed at her over her spectacles, seeming rather wary. "Take a seat," she gestured to an empty chair besides Peter. "Although I'm afraid I don't know what to call you anymore, Ms.?"

"Black will do," Frannie replied, trying not to flinch as she stubbed her toe on the bottom of her desk.

"I see," McGonagall's lips pressed into a tight line. "You gave us all quite a shock, Ms. Black."

Frannie sunk further into her seat, noticing Sirius scanning her features abashedly from the row beside hers and looking rather confused. "I know," she rubbed her forehead, desperate to escape the stifling atmosphere. "Figured I could find a place to focus in your class."

McGonagall gave a small nod, turning back towards the blackboard. "Very well. Although I am sure your classmates are bursting with questions."

Frannie's gaze followed the woman's movements unseeingly as she tried to ignore James and Sirius waving at her, suspicion flaring across their faces.

"Is it true?" she looked over to see Peter staring at her bashfully, his voice a small squeak. "Are you really from the.. the future?" he stammered.

Frannie forced a trembling smile on her lips. "Yes." She nodded towards James and Sirius, her stomach clenching. "Have they said anything?"

"Sirius wants to know how you're related," Peter whispered, looking rather uncomfortable as he fiddled with his wand. "Reckons Regulus must be your father, says you two have the same hair."

Frannie let out a small groan, closing her eyes. The situation just continued to get worse. A piece of her had hoped that without Harry, maybe her father would see her in a more favorable light. "And James?"

"I think he just feels betrayed," Peter looked up at her with a watery gaze. "Marauders don't keep secrets you know."

"Yes, they do," Frannie muttered, prodding at the turtle she was supposed to transfigure. "And Lily and Alice?"

"Worried sick!"

She spun around to see Lily glaring at her from behind, her emerald gaze fierce. The Gryffindor looked like she hadn't slept at all, and her normally pressed clothes were rather rumpled.

"Lily!" Frannie's eyes widened in guilt. "I am so—"

"You owe me an explanation, Black," Lily seethed, her face nearly turning as red as her hair. "I—"

McGonagall snapped her wand, causing the blackboard to collapse to the ground, folding into a small cube. "It seems I will not receive anything productive from this class today," the Gryffindor head sighed, her nostrils flaring in impatience. "You are dismissed." Her gaze fell on Frannie, seeming to soften slightly in recognition, although Frannie could have just been imagining it. "Go easy on her."

Frannie managed a thankful smile, dipping her head as she pulled her bag over her shoulder. Suddenly, a hand reached out and grabbed her elbow rather forcefully. Frannie pulled out her wand, whirling around to face her attacker.

"Spare me the dramatics," Severus drawled, his dark gaze bored as they headed out into the corridor. "I need to talk to Lupin."

Frannie gaped at the Slytherin, her chocolate gaze wide in surprise. "You mean—"

"Why do you need Moony?"

James's voice caused the pair to whip around. The Gryffindor stood with his arms folded across his chest suspiciously, eyeing Frannie distrustfully behind his glasses. Remus, Sirius, and Peter stood behind him, the first looking rather uncomfortable. Lily shifted a few meters away, although her stance made it clear she wasn't leaving anytime soon.

Severus rolled his eyes, his tone growing colder. "Good riddance, Potter, is it ever possible to have a private conversation?"

"Not when you could be fraternizing with the enemy," James narrowed his gaze at Frannie, not sounding at all like the friendly boy she knew. "What's your story, Black?" he spat the name.

"Hey, hold on," Sirius held out a hand as he stepped forward, scanning Frannie's expression warily. "Don't diss the name, Potter. It is your soulmate's after all," he gestured at his chest.

Severus let out a disparaging noise. "Fine," he growled, taking a few steps forward and shoving a vial aggressively into Lupin's hands, ducking out of Sirius's reach. "I'm not waiting around for you fools. Smith, Black, whoever she is," he waved a dismissive hand in Frannie's direction, "asked me to try to find something to ease your transformations. I now see why she seemed so sure we could find one." He turned on his heel, his cloak whipping against the ground.

"YOU KNEW?" James and Sirius chorused together, their eyes wide in disbelief as they turned to Frannie. Remus had gone a deathly white as Lily shifted uncertainly on her feet.

"Oh please," Severus's nostrils flared with impatience. "It's a miracle your secret hasn't been discovered, Lupin, with the friends you keep." He made an aggressive jabbing motion at Frannie. "It's obvious she's your daughter, Black."

It was Sirius's turn to pale as all the color drained from his face. James shook his head vehemently.

"No, there's no way Pads would—"

"How did you know?" Frannie looked at Severus curiously, ignoring Sirius's sharp intake of breath.

"You've always watched him rather disturbingly," Severus shrugged, a strand of hair falling across his eyes. "Thought you fancied him at first, but now it makes more sense." At Frannie's repulsed expression, a tiny smirk grew on his lips. "Though your house is full of incest, isn't it?"

Frannie grimaced, miming vomiting as she shoved the Slytherin away. "Don't be disgusting!"

Severus seemed satisfied by the dark expression on Sirius's face. "I think I'll leave you to your little family reunion."

Frannie watched him go, running a hand through her dark curls before she turned back to Sirius, feeling extremely awkward. "Er.. sorry, I know this is a shock and all, but I really don't expect—"

"You look just like Reggie," Sirius's voice was hoarse as his silver gaze glittered with emotion.

Frannie shrank back, unused to the affection in his gaze. "Yeah, I got that a lot actually," she managed a small grin, gesturing at her robes. "Especially since I'm a Slytherin at heart."

"How could Padfoot's child be a snake?" James looked horrified, surveying her with a repulsed expression.

Frannie rolled her eyes. So much for thinking he was an improvement on Harry. "The Sorting Hat said I was one of the most ambitious witches it had sorted. Fairly simply really," she turned her gaze towards Lily, giving a gentle nod. "But I try not to be an evil git these days and blood status has never mattered to me."

"These days?" Sirius narrowed his gaze, looking instinctively at Frannie's left arm.

Frannie tried not to react, giving a small shrug. "I went through a rough time. Thought it'd be easier to only worry about my own safety. But I assure you, I would take a bullet for anyone of you now." Her tone was simple, but honest.

"What time do you come from?" Lily took another step forward, seeming more at ease, although she was still hesitant to get too close.

"May, 1998," Frannie's gaze darkened as she remembered the great battle. "Trust me, this time has been much better so far."

Sirius cleared his throat, not looking at all comfortable to be in her presence. "So that makes you, what? Eighteen?"

"Next month," Frannie replied, realizing she had nearly forgotten her birthday. "I've been of age for a while."

"Bloody hell," Sirius tugged at the ends of his hair with a shaking hand. "I have a daughter practically the same age I am."

Remus reached over and smacked his mate over the back of his head. "That's the first thing you have to say?"

"It's alright," Frannie managed a tight smile, adjusting the strap of her bag. "We never were close anyways." Sirius flinched at her emotionless tone. "Now, if you don't mind," she looked at Lily with a hesitant glance. "I could use some sleep. Besides, I don't think its safe for me to tell you too much. It is the future, after all." To her relief, the redhead nodded, even giving her a small smile.

"What harm could it really do, if it's already going to happen?" James pushed; his arms still crossed firmly across his chest.

"Ah," Frannie raised one of her eyebrows, "but that's the question, Potter. Is it?" She turned around, ducking closer to Lily's side. The girl had quickly become a great source of comfort. "Because I'm really counting on it not."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

515 10 15
Amelia Potter, a girl who looks likes her mother but has her fathers hair color, is back for her third year at Hogwarts. Sirius Black had escaped Azk...
4.8K 605 36
Danni Hope is back in her third year at Hogwarts, and the danger is already there! With Luke back in the picture, another Potter, a cruel black women...
637K 21.8K 43
A transferee from Beauxbaton knocks in Hogwarts Castle doors. Nobody knows her or have heard from her, but her last name was interesting since her fa...
19.4K 611 21
Mayalyn Black returns to Hogwarts with her brother alongside long time friends, Remus Lupin, Peter Pettigrew, and James Potter. As they navigate thei...