Gold Digger// JJ Maybank- OBX

Od dont-lose-ur-head

"rules were made to be broken" Scarlett Woods and her friends have a plan for the summer- relaxing and doing... Více

part one
soundtrack
graphics
epigraph
╰┈➤ ❝ [S̳c̳a̳r̳l̳e̳t̳t̳ ̳W̳o̳o̳d̳s̳] ❞
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
bonus (social media)
part two
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
fifty one
part three
fifty two

twenty eight

292 4 0
Od dont-lose-ur-head

LOUD MUSIC blasted through the speakers of the car as Pope drove them through the Outer Banks. "Pope, you totally clocked that car, man." JJ laughed, passing his blunt to Scarlett. "Like, that was so bad!"

Scarlett blew out smoke from between her lips. "Oh, what a day we've had..." She laughed. "It's been an eventful one."

Pope took a smoke of the joint he was holding, looking over his shoulder to the two in the back of the car. "I'm just glad I'm not driving right now." He was clearly unaware of his own actions, as he was still driving Kiara's car. JJ erupted into laughter, finding it amusing that Pope didn't know what he was doing.

Kiara rolled her eyes, obviously stressed from the last couple of days. "Pull over." She looked over her shoulder, shooting a stern look at JJ.

Scarlett nodded, taking another hit. "Pope, I love ya, man. But I do not feel safe with you driving right now." The car flew round another corner before Pope pressed on the breaks, the tires squealing. Scarlett was flung forward in her seat.

Kiara groaned as she pushed open her door. "JJ, it's not funny. He shouldn't be driving." She gestured to Scarlett, who had taken to sitting sideways in the backseat- her legs resting atop JJ's. "Hell. even Lottie knows that and she's almost as high as you." She climbed out the passenger seat, slamming the door behind her, and walking over to the driver's side.

JJ snickered, his eyes wide as he attempted to hold back a laugh. "Mama's mad." He whispered. Scarlett snorted, coughing up a cloud of smoke from the hit she had just taken. Kiara stood by Pope's window, gesturing for the boy to move before climbing behind the wheel.

"Where are we goin'?" JJ asked, pulling the joint he and Pope had been sharing from his lips.

Kiara looked over her shoulder, putting the car into drive and beginning to turn off the road. "The last place they're gonna look." She answered.

Scarlett raised her eyebrows, sending a questioning look to JJ. "That's very vague, Kie. You know that right?"

❤❤❤

After working out where Pope had driven them to, Kiara managed to drive them to the location of her choice. It took Scarlett a moment or two to figure out where her best friend had driven them to, but then it clicked. "Sarah Cameron's house? Kie, what the fuck are we doing here?"

Kiara paused as she climbed out the car, looking at her friend through the rear-view mirror. "Just trust me. Okay? I've got a plan." She climbed out the car, turning to look at the band of misfits. "I need you three to stay focused. Got it? This is serious shit."

Scarlett nodded, sending the girl a salute. "Totally, 100% serious."

"Perfectly focused." Pope nodded as Kiara shut her door. He climbed out of the passenger seat and followed after her.

"You sure this is a good idea?" JJ called after her, leaning his head on the back of Pope's seat.

"She's the only one who can clear John B." Kiara pointed out, shining her torch at the Cameron's fence, before beginning to climb it. "Because the cops won't listen to Lottie, that's for sure."

"Cops are bullshit." Scarlett muttered, pushing her door open and following after her friends.

"Last place they'll look because of how stupid it is." JJ called after them.

Scarlett rolled her eyes, pausing at the top of the fence. "I think it's actually a pretty good idea."

Kiara nodded at her, jumping down onto the grass. "Thank you, Lottie." Scarlett jumped down, walking quickly to catch up with her friends. "Okay, I've got a plan."

"Yeah, I have plans. We can do plan." Pope muttered. "Let's do the plan thing. Let's get it. Let's plan it out."

Kiara stopped walking, turning around to face Pope. Scarlett copied her, standing a few paces behind the girl. "Can you handle a plan right now?"

Pope scoffed. "Course I can handle a plan right now. I'm- I'm Plan Guy. I'm-" He stuttered. "I'm Mister Plan-o-Matic. Hey, I'm- I'm always... Thinkin' of a master plan, aye. 'Cause there ain't nothin'-"

"Sh!" Kiara hissed, cutting off Pope's singing.

Scarlett rolled her eyes and stepped forward a few paces. "Look, Pope. You're clearly too high for this. So, just go back to the car and wait with JJ. Me and Kie'll handle this."

Pope  shook his head at her. "I'm telling you, I'm fine. Besides, you're high too!"

"Yes, but I can handle the shit JJ smokes." Scarlett argued. "You-" She waved her hands at him. "You're new to this."

Kiara stepped between them. "Shut up, both of you." She hissed. "Look, this is a quiet plan. Okay?" She looked back and forth between the two. "Got it?"

Scarlett nodded. "Yes, ma'am." Kiara smiled at her, beginning to walk across the grass to the house.

"I love you, Kie." Pope said suddenly. Kiara stopped, slowly turning to face him, and Scarlett gasped in shock.

"What?"

"I love you. I'm in love with you." Pope repeated.

"You're wasted." Kiara observed. She ran a hand through her hair, turning to walk away.

Pope stepped forward, grabbing her arm and stopping her. "No, I know I'm wasted, and that's why I'm saying this now." He explained, turning Kiara to face him again. "I really feel like this. I love you. I've been meaning to tell you, I love-"

Kiara frowned at him in confusion. "Are we doing this right now?"

"I'm trying to tell you how I feel."

"Pope... Pope!" Kiara moved him to the side of the garden, hiding them behind a bush. "First of all, I need you to be quiet." She told him.

Pope nodded. "Okay, yeah. Quiet, I mean-" He whispered.

"No. Stop talking, like, now." Kiara cut him off. "Starting now. Second of all... thank you for saying that."

Pope chuckled quietly. "Okay..."

"Now, that's very sweet, but it's- Look, it's not gonna happen." Kiara continued.

"Okay, well, why not?"

"Because Pogues can't mack on other Pogues."

"Lottie and JJ did!" Pope pointed out, waving his hand at the girl.

"Yeah, and look what that's done to them." Kiara argued. "They had a massive argument and now neither of them knows what's gonna happen to their relationship."

"The rule makes no sense, and nobody follows it."

"I have to agree." Scarlett interjected. "We made that rule when we were, like, thirteen. It's already been broken."

"Look, I- I want something different." Kiara told Pope. "I- I wanna go to Antarctica, and I wanna ride camels..."

"Me too. I want to do those things with you."

Kiara shook her head softly at him. "No. Pope, it's not gonna work."

"I want to be that person."

"No. It's not gonna happen!" Kiara snapped. Pope's face dropped. "Do you understand what I'm saying?" Her voice was softer now. "Like... Look, I know that that's really hard to hear right now, but we don't have time for this, and this is a really bad place to do it." There was silence for a moment s Pope tilted his head towards the ground. "Are you okay?"

Pope nodded. "Yeah." He whispered.

"Are you ready for the plan, or..."

"Yeah." He wiped away a tear that had begun to make it's way down his face. Kiara nodded at him, turning around and walking towards the back of the Cameron's house.

Scarlett moved forward, patting Pope on the back. "Don't take it too harshly, man. Kie's just stressed over this gold shit. Maybe... just leave it awhile before you bring this up again." She shot him a small smile before following after the shadowed figure of her friend.

❤❤❤

Scarlett followed Kiara up to Sarah's bedroom window, the two girls climbing up onto the balcony. Kiara crept forward, knocking on the window to alert Sarah. She rushed over, a huge smile forming on her face when her eyes landed on the two girls. "Kie! Lottie!" She whispered. The three began to open the window but without any success. It was stuck.

"Shit." Scarlett muttered.

Thinking quickly, Kiara pulled the wanted poster from her pocket. Unfolding it, she held it up to the window, showing it to Sarah. The blonde's face fell as she read it. "Are you in on it?" Kiara asked through the window.

From the look on Sarah's face, Scarlett could tell she had no idea about what had gone down since the events on the airstrip. "Did you think I was?" Sarah asked back. Both girls shook their heads, the both of them having believed that the blonde was on their side- which she was. They were quiet for a few moments, the girls just resting their hands atop each others through the glass.

"Sarah?" They suddenly heard Ward shout from somewhere in the house.

Sarah began waving them away. "Go!" She raced away from the window, out of sight.

Kiara and Scarlett shared a worried look, both of them silently wondering if Sarah was going to help them. Ward shouted Sarah's name again and the girls took that as their cue to climb back down the balcony. Once they reached the ground, they quickly raced through the shadows, regrouping with the boys at Kiara's car.

❤❤❤

⁎⁎⁎

A/N:
So sorry this chapter is a bit shorter than normal.
I also wanna say that updates are gonna be even slower for a bit. I've got a lot going on and I'm not feeling too great mentally.
On the plus side, season 2 comes out very soon!!

⁎⁎⁎
Edited: 20/07/2021

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

22.6K 507 10
──────── 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 . . . A royal, from one of the wealthiest families in Outer Banks, mysteriously moved to the cut last year. An enigma to all...
94K 3.2K 38
IN WHICH after a storm of chaos tears through a teenage girl's life she follows the treasure hunt her mother started. (...pope heyward x fem oc) (...
25.3K 221 29
Continuation of the 1st & 2nd books (S3) Disclaimer: Plot is mainly from the Outerbanks show on Netlix
72.8K 853 22
Following the disappearance of their best friend, the Pogues are falling apart at the seams. The island is falling into chaos, just in time for Sierr...