Brothers Reunited

By GeekyDarkPoet

Disclaimer: I do not own Marvel or anything Percy Jackson or Heroes of Olympus related. I only own the storyl... More

Chapter One: Nico PoV
Chapter Three: Bucky PoV
Chapter Four: Nico PoV
Chapter Five: Nico PoV
Chapter Six: Bucky PoV
Chapter Seven: Bucky PoV
Chapter Eight: Nico PoV
Chapter Nine: Bucky PoV
Chapter Ten: Nico PoV
Chapter Eleven: Will PoV
Chapter Twelve: Nico PoV
Chapter Thirteen: Nico PoV
Chapter Fourteen: Nico PoV
Chapter Fifteen: Nico PoV

Chapter Two: Nico PoV

20.1K 583 673
By GeekyDarkPoet

This is probably stupid, but thank you for three views! I thought I'd be waiting weeks for one! Edited, Word count: 1655

My brother led me to the elevator, and we stood in awkward silence for the ride.

As the elevator doors opened, he stopped me, "The rest of the Avengers are going to want some more answers on your time traveling situation. I'll explain the whole being brothers thing, but the rest is up to you."

I nodded my understanding, and he led me into the living room. I could tell that Tony Stark, Bruce Banner, Natalie Rushman, Steve Rogers, and Clint Barton were here from my brother's descriptions. My brother said Thor was off-world usually, and I was glad. With him being part of the 'mythological' world, I didn't know the full extent of what he was aware of. It was also one fewer pair of eyes focused on my every move.

As I entered the room, their eyes all bore into me. I felt a sudden urge to slink into a shadow and disappear. I was like a deer caught in a headlight. My brother grabbed me by the arm and pushed me forward out of the shadow I'd unconsciously moved into.

When I moved into the light, Steve jolted upright, "Nico?!"

I half-smiled sheepishly, "Hey Steve. You got a growth spurt."

The redhead I now knew was Natalie looked really angry, "I want answers. What the hell is going on here?!"

"Language," Steve said. His eyes didn't move from me for even an instant. He approached me hesitantly, "Nico, is it really you? You look so different."

"Yeah, it's me."

The 'Stark' guy then stands up, "I agree with the assassin. I want to know what's going on."

Chess steps forward, "This is my younger brother, Nico Di Angelo. I'm actually originally from Italy. When we moved to the US, I changed my name, so our last names are different. We also have different fathers, which is why I was born twelve years before him. I'm not sure if the age gap is still the same," he turns to me, "how old are you now, biologically?"

"Fourteen."

My brother continues, "So our age gap is still pretty much the same. I don't know how he's here, and he's not sure either."

I decide to offer some information, "My sister and I woke up in a hotel in New York five years ago with no recollection of how we got to this time."

"Bianca?" Steve asks.

My brother shakes his head sadly.

Could Hydra be involved?" Steve wonders aloud.

"I'm not sure," Chess responds.

Bruce looks like he's about to explode, "That doesn't explain the life-threatening injuries. And I'd like to know where you," he turns to me, "got all those scars from."

"What scars?" my brother looks worried.

I'm scrambling, "I'm just a really clumsy person. I've broken a lot of bones on accident, and I'm not great around heavy machinery."

Steve's brow furrows. I actually am pretty graceful, and I'm sure he remembers.

"That still doesn't explain the stab wounds, claw marks, evidence of past poisoning, I could go on. How did you get so badly injured this morning?" Bruce stares at me pointedly.

I wince, "I was mugged. I've been living on the streets of New York for the past five years, fending for myself. You don't come out of my life unscathed," I shoot him a dark look, daring him to continue.

"Nico." The genuine concern in my brother's voice is too much.

Natalie turns to me and continues to press on, "What about the claw marks? What are you hiding? How do we know you are who you say you are?"

I glare at her, "I'm leaving. This," I wave my arms around, "was an awful idea."

"We just saved your life. Show some respect! We've saved the world!" The Stark guy looks really annoyed. Honestly, saving the world's no big deal. I've helped save it too.

"I'm not letting you leave. There's something fishy going on here. We need to know how you ended up in this time, and I can tell you know something we don't." Hawkeye steps in front of the elevator, stopping me from leaving.

Just then, the missing member of their team appears.

"Hello, Midgardians!" Thor booms, "What purpose have you summoned me?" he takes a moment to look around the room, "Who is the boy?"

I figure I might as well risk it, "I'm Nico Di Angelo. A normal human being. You're Thor, right?"

Thor's eyes widen, oh schist, "Nico Di Angelo. We tell-"

I cut him off before he can continue, "Yes, my name is Nico Di Angelo. I'm Francesco here's brother. Well, I guess you call him Bucky. The rest of the Avengers wanted to ask me why I haven't aged much in the past seventy years, and I told them about how my sister and I woke up in New York five years ago with no idea how we got there. They were also wondering about all of my scars, and I told them about my dangerous life on the streets of New York, where humans hurt me. There, now you're all caught up." I rush to get all the words out before anyone can interrupt. I think Natalie noticed my wariness and Thor's reaction, though. Who am I kidding, everyone noticed.

"Thor, do you know Nico?"

Thor looks at me. I shake my head slightly, "No! I do not know this mortal," he intones robotically. Then, he winks at me, and I facepalm. I'm doomed.

My brother narrows his eyes, "How do you two know each other?"

I scramble to make an excuse, "He saved me once when I was being beaten by this group of thugs. I didn't want him to say anything because I don't want you," I turn to my brother and Steve, "worrying anymore."

They don't look convinced, but they don't press on.

The voice in the ceiling starts speaking again, "The falafel is here. Ms. Potts is bringing it up."

Stark takes the opportunity to regain control of the conversation, "We'll continue this discussion after the falafel. Falafel comes first."

Everyone nodded in agreement at that last statement.

Just then, the elevator dinged, and out came Pepper Potts, weighed down by a ton of falafel. She looked around the room, her eyes locking on me, "Who are you?"

Natalie quickly steps in to explain my predicament. I slink into a shadow and pull Thor into a hallway.

"Nico Di Angelo, it is an honor to meet you!" Thor starts shaking my hand like crazy and smiling stupidly,

"Um, okay. Thor, the others can't know about my family."

"Yes, young hero. I understand. I will keep your secret."

"Thanks, Thor. You're nicer than most of the gods I know." Thunder booms outside in warning.

When we stepped back into the room, Natalie is still explaining my situation, and the others are talking amongst themselves. A few people shoot us odd glances, but I ignore them.

Tony walks up to Pepper and Natalie, who've just finished talking, and pretty much demands them to, "Get out the falafel."

They lay out the falafel on the table. I wait for everyone else to go first. I'm not that hungry. When the Avengers all clear out, I snag a few pieces.

Tony looks at me in shock, "What is wrong with this kid?! He is faced with the godliest food in existence and only takes three pieces. Banner, are you sure you healed him fully?"

"I've said it before, I'm not actually a doctor, but of all the things weird about the kid, that's what you choose?!"

Tony shrugs, "I'm just saying. There's something wrong with him."

I roll my eyes and snag another piece of falafel to appease him.

Just then, Clint starts sniggering, "Can you bring Thor's hammer over here? He left it on the table accidentally."

For some reason, Natalie frowns at him disapprovingly, but I agree and grab Thor's hammer. Clint's plate drops and shatters on the floor. Everyone is silently staring at me in shock.

"How did you lift the hammer?!"

"What do you mean?" I ask, "It's really light," I throw it in the air and catch it. I turn to Thor, "Now I understand how you carry this everywhere."

Thor bursts out into booming laughter. He stands up and claps me hard on the shoulder. I wince. Why is everyone so shocked?

Natalie stands up, "Who are you?"

"I'm Nico Di Angelo. I thought we covered this." I say, pulling out some Persassy.

My brother slowly moves toward me, "Nico, only the worthy can lift Mjolnir. Thor and the Allfather are the only people, other than you, that can lift it."

"Oh," Wow, Nico, eloquent as always. I chide myself, "How am I worthy?"

Everyone silently finishes their falafel, our conversation from earlier forgotten.

Pepper then jumps into action, "Thor, I'm assuming you'll be staying the night," he nods, "And Nico. You can stay in one of the guest rooms."

I start to protest at that.

My brother cuts in, "Nico, you promised. Please, I want to make up for not being there the past five years."

I begrudgingly agree.

My room is right next to Chess'. Steve and my brother lead me there. I close the door, but just as I go to take a shower, I hear them outside.

"I'm worried, Steve. Scars?! A fifteen-year-old boy should not have scars."

Steve starts talking, "And did you see the look in his eyes. He looked like some of the soldiers from the war. Nico looked broken."

"And he's so pale and closed off. He used to be so happy."

"He's been on his own."

"And Bianca. I know I mourned her and Nico before, but it's different knowing she's actually gone."

"I know, I know. We'll figure it out."

"Goodnight, Steve."

"Bye, Bucky."

I walk over to my bed, numb. What am I going to do? I fall into a restless sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

441K 8.8K 15
Percy is the last standing out of the seven after the war against Gaea. After promised a month of free time, he visits home but gets sidetracked afte...
143K 4K 13
Nico di Angelo, son of Hades, has looked death straight in the eyes with complete confidence, not wavering a bit. But when it comes to a certain son...
1.4K 33 11
Just another story about Nico and Will at Hogwarts. But might I say, this has a bit of a twist. It includes all of my ideas and stuff from reading ot...
514K 14.5K 64
Nico di Angelo had been shunned by his father, King Hades, for two years after he came out and told him he's gay. Since then, the young boy lived two...