Death by a Thousand Cuts | Ro...

By SMcGlaggen

~~BOOK 2 of the Soffia Swan Series~~ Rosalie Hale and Soff Swan have been living a fairytale romance all summ... More

Characters
Death by a Thousand Cuts
Chapter 1: The Perfect Summer
Chapter 2: Bigamy
Chapter 3: Maggie Hussy
Chapter 4: Deep talks
Chapter 5: Inner Wounds
Chapter 6: Time has come
Chapter 7: A Crimson Birthday Party
Chapter 8: Loving An Angel
Chapter 9: Priorities
Chapter 10: Kim Lewis
Chapter 11: Night Out
Chapter 12: Charlie's Ultimatum
Chapter 13: Bella's Allucinations
Chapter 14: Beach Talk
Chapter 15: The Hopeless Flirt
Chapter 16: I Miss You
Chapter 17: Mono
Chapter 18: Wolves
Chapter 19: Memories
Chapter 20: Charlie
Chapter 21: First Times
Chapter 22: Back
Chapter 23: At the Cullen's
Chapter 24: An Overdue Conversation
Chapter 25: Leah knows
Chapter 26: Free
BOOK 3

Chapter 27: Back to School

9.8K 474 258
By SMcGlaggen

"I don't want to talk to you" I crossed my arms while huffing "And I am going to be late for school"

"But I brought you flowers?" Kim gave me a sly smile and offered the bouquet to me.

"Thank you" I rolled my eyes and made no move to take it from her hands.

"How many times do I have to apologize?" the brunette frowned slouching her shoulders in defeat.

"While it is not your fault what happened with Leah or her reaction I do not appreciate how you didn't stand up for me" I explained to her feeling a little bad about making such a big deal out something that was out of her control. Still she could've spoken up for me or even tried to talked Leah out of launching me 5 feet in the air.

"If it weren't for Rosalie's intervention I could've broken my shoulder or another limp" I continued not letting her defend herself.

"Yeah, I get it" Kim placed the flowers in chair in the porch, her face turning sour "The bimbo is back and you two are back together"

"We are not" I squinted my eyes at her.

Kim seemed a little surprised about this "Oh... I thought that... Jacob said that Bella went back to Edward"

"I am not my sister" I shrugged my shoulders.

At this point I was wondering what I really should do, about my relationship with Rosalie. She had apologized and explained that she was lying to protect me. I understood that she thought that was the best for me, but the pain I went through almost 6 months was not something a simple sorry could erase.

Even more when she said that she did had feelings for me, but she never said that she loved me. So perhaps maybe she was not that into me and later our relationship will fail, I could not survive a second break up.

"That is good" Kim nodded her head up and down eagerly "I wanted to ask you if we could..."

A honk cut her off, the wrangler Jeep parked right in front of my house, making Kim's face fell once more. Emmett and Maggie were in the back seat and since they had the roof off you could also see Jasper and Rosalie in the back seat. Alice had probably driven with Edward, who had picked up Bella 15 minutes earlier.

"What do they want?" she groaned.

"They are taking me to school" I said faking innocence "Charlie took away my car privileges for a two weeks because you snitched about me getting a tattoo."

"I didn't, it was Jacob" she raised her hands in defense "I only told Jared"

"You told Jared who shares all his thoughts with all of his pack members" I arched an eyebrow "You are guilty"

Jared was also getting on my nerves, even if he claimed that he had no issues with me. It was hard to believe that he did not hold a grudge because his imprint was not interested in him at all.

"I am sorry" she repeated

"So you've said" I picked up my backpack from inside and swing it on my shoulder, then proceeded to close the door.

"How was I to know that Jacob would tell Charlie about Bella's bike and your tattoos" Kim whined, I ignored her.

"Soffia" Kim called me, I eyed at her while locking the house "I am everything that you need and even if you try to deny it, I know that you do feel something for me"

"Please" I snorted, getting a little feed up with her cockiness.

My palms were starting to sweat and I wanted to finish this conversation, it was so awkward having the Cullens listening.

I turned hot on my heels and hurried to the Jeep, but Kim ran to block my way and I noticed she had managed to also pick up the bouquet that was left forgotten in the chair, and shove it in my hands.

"She may be tall, blonde, gorgeous or a great lay" she had a cocky smile in her mouth "But I am alive and she is not"

Kim kissed my cheek before bolting to her motorcycle and driving off.

I gaped a little, my cheeks beet red, how could she said something like that in front of them; in front of her.

Jasper climbed off the Jeep and opened the door for me to get in between him and his sister.

"Nice flowers" Maggie whistled looking over her shoulder to me, then I realized that I was still holding them, I should've dropped them before getting in the vehicle.

Jasper took the bouquet from my hands and slipped on the back.

"So she is Kim" Emmett mused while finally speeding off "Seems like you got competence, Rose"

I did not reply, what could I possibly say that would not make things worse.

Rosalie's arm was brushing mine due to the small space but I did not dare to look at her.

The rest of the ride to school was quiet, Emmett and Maggie were holding hands. Jasper was staring out the window probably bracing himself for the torture that was attending class for him.

When we arrived to school it seemed like everyone was waiting for us.

It was the first day back for the Cullens and Bella, and the news that they were back spread like dynamite.

"Soff" Jasper turned to me with an arched eyebrow "You want to continue with our old deal?"

I bit my lip "I don't think is going to be necessary anymore"

My eyes searched for Rosalie but she was staring a head, acting like she was not listening the whole conversation.

"The only reason I used to pretend was because Bella and Charlie did not know" I placed my hand in his arm "Thank you Jasper"

"You are welcome, Ma'am" he nodded at me and then proceeded to open the door, his sibling doing the same thing in synchrony.

I slipped out of the car from Rosalie's side that was waiting with the door opened for me.

"Carlisle arranged for all of us to have the same schedule from before we left, I hope that is not a problem" Rosalie took my bag from my hands and waited expectantly for my reply.

"It's fine" I bit my lip.

The rest of the Cullens were already heading to the office to pick up their schedule, Jasper was the first to bolt, probably because he was eager to go and look for Alice.

"I am going to the main office" Rosalie hesitated with my bag n her hands, it was so awkward and everyone was watching.

"I'll go with you" I hurried her, taking my bag from her hands and swinging on my shoulder, I wanted to get out of the spotlight as soon as possible.

As we headed there, I could see everyone staring at us and then gossiping to each other. She was closer to me than she used to be in public.

Her shoulder was bumping mine as we walked and my fingers were grazing the back of her hand with the movement.

I couldn't help but feel like we were exposing ourselves, and everyone would stop cursing at us when they realized.

Things got a little worse when I waited for her outside the office. Then the only friendly face in school finally showed up. Angela, she really did honor her name.

"Hi, Soff!" she greeted me, only eyeing slightly to the glass door of the office that was crowded due to all of the Cullens being there.

"Angela" I sighed with relief "Please tell me why everyone is staring so much, I am starting to panic"

"It's about Bella and the Cullens" she reassured me, rubbing her hands up and down my arms "People are saying something about Bella eloping with Edward to Vegas and then getting caught by Chief Swan and having to return to Forks"

"What?" I snorted, but finally relaxing. They were not staring at me because of Rosalie, they were staring at me because I was with the Cullens.

"I'll tell you more on the way to class?" she pointed to the hall with her head, I hesitated for a second as I turned to the glass door, Rosalie was watching me. I knew that I told her I would walk with her but at the moment all this was too much.

"Yeah, let's go" I smiled at my friend and walked with her "What else are people saying?"

"That you and Jasper are back together" Angela smirked at me.

I shook my head amused "We were never dating on the first place"

Angela looked a little shocked at my reply, it was the first time I made a comment about the whole dating Jasper thing. When people brought it up I always deflected it or avoided the issue all along.

"Oh" she rubbed the back of her head embarrassed "Of course I never believed the gossip... it's just that... you never..."

"I never denied it" I decide it to put her out of her misery at the sight of her embarrassment.

"Yeah" she grimaced apologetic.

"Jasper and I are friends" I shrugged my shoulders "He has always been really kind to me, Emmett too and Alice is my friend as well, it is crazy that people assume that I would do something like that to her"

"People in this town are crazy" Angela comforted me, we sat in the class next to each other, leaving my bag in the seat next to me "They like to make stuff up and since the Cullens are not friends with anyone but you and Bella, they wanted to juicy gossip they could spread"

If Angela was trying to make me feel better, it was not working. The class fell silent as the blonde vampire made entered the classroom, everyone was gawking at her.

I couldn't blame them; her beauty was astonishing. The way she walked like she ruled the entire world and we were her peasants. So I understood how they got mesmerized but the most beautiful part of Rosalie was not her body, it was her eyes.

For me it all came to her eyes. I found paradise in them every time we kissed, I also found hell in them as she spoke the words that broke my soul in pieces and right now I was finding purgatory.

Having her so close to me and not being with her, having flashback of everything she said every time I thought about the possibility of getting back together. The fact that I was irremediably in love with her, but I was sure she did not felt the same, was torture.

"Hi Angela" Rosalie smile at my friend as she moved the bag from the seat next to mine and placed it besides me on the floor.

"Hi Rosalie" Angela blushed and straighten her back, feeling a little intimidated by Rosalie's presence "How was Alaska?"

"It was okay, I guess" she shrugged her shoulders and diverted her sight from Angela directly to my eyes "But Forks is home, you know?"

I was trapped in her sight, her plump red lips with a thigh smile. Angela was talking next to me, replying to Rosalie but I did not pay attention to that.

"I was actually wondering if I could join you guys for lunch today?" Rosalie bit her lip and tilted her head slightly.

Wait. What?

"Sure" Angela smiled kindly.

"What about your siblings?" I questioned at the same time.

"Well I am sure Edward, Jasper and Alice will be thrilled to join in" Rosalie counted with long slender fingers each of her siblings "As for Maggie and Emmett, I do not know if they have something planned for lunch"

I arched an eyebrow, a little blush creeping into my cheeks as I tried really hard not to imagine what they could possibly have planned for lunch, something not PG 13 appropriate that was for sure.

"I do not think it would be an issue" Angela accepted again with a kind voice while giving me a pointed look.

I know what she meant, of course there would not be an issue. Jessica would be thrilled to have the Cullens sitting at her table.

"Great" Rosalie gave Angela one last smile before turning to the front of the room, a few seconds later the teacher finally walked in.

"Why are you sitting with us?" I questioned Rosalie, as we finally were alone and walking towards the cafeteria.

"Alice told me you were going to sit with them" Rosalie gave a quick squeeze to my wrist "I want to be with you"

"There is going to be other people there" I reminded her a little skeptical "Mike Newton and Tyler Crowley, you hate them"

"They are despicable" she smacked her tongue "But you are going to be there and that is enough of a reason to stand them"

Rosalie pulled me from my wrist just when we were about to walk inside the cafeteria.

"Soff" she kept a hold of my wrist and took a step closer to me "I was serious when I said that I was going to show you how much you mean to me, so you can tell your little friend that I may be dead, but I will fight 10 times harder than her"

My breath hitched.

It was not fair that she still had this effect on me after everything she did.

Here I was thinking that everything could go easier now that the Cullens were back.

I realized that this was the first time in my life that I had no idea what to do next.

Hi guys! I know that this is a little short but I wanted to have some kind of closure and set up for the next book! Because I AM WRITING IT!!!!!

I hope you are as excited as I am. There is no name or set date for when it would be posted but I want to make it before August ends. It is still a long time but I do not want to promise a closer date if I am not sure if I can deliver.

I want to also thank you for all the support that you have been giving this book and my first one, please vote on the chapters and leave some comments that way I can see what you are liking and it also motivates me to write more.

Thank you so much.

Love,

Mackie

Published 07/13/2021

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 29.6K 45
"๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘š๐‘œ๐‘š๐‘’๐‘›๐‘ก ๐‘– ๐‘š๐‘’๐‘ก โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ÿ...๐‘”๐‘œ๐‘‘ ๐‘– ๐‘ค๐‘Ž๐‘  โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘‘ ๐‘œ๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘Ÿ โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘’๐‘™๐‘  ๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ÿ" ๐™๐™๐™š๐™ฎ ๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ง๐™š ๐™ค๐™ฅ๐™ฅ๐™ค๐™จ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™š๐™จ ๐™ฎ๐™š๐™ฉ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ข...
91.4K 2.4K 17
[Book I] Millie Carter is trying to not be a stereotypical foster kid. But it's hard when everyone she's fostered with has left her or been an asshol...
538K 16.6K 30
~~BOOK 1 of the Soffia Swan Series~~ When 17 year-old Bella Swan and her 15 year-old sister Soffia Swan moved to live with their father in the uneven...