Born To Be A Hero

By Arrowbolt5

Alias has plenty of experience in the battlefield, but she can't possibly protect herself from the Decepticon... More

Chapter 1: This Situation Sucks
Chapter 2: Sup, Crackface?
Chapter 3: Annoying Brat
Chapter 4: Suspicious Behavior
Chapter 5: Guardians and Charges
Chapter 7: Welcome to Team Prime
Chapter 8: Predicons and Gods
Chapter 9: Finding Alias
Chapter 10: Waking Up
Chapter 11: Silver Stake
Chapter 12: Have Faith
Chapter 13: Step Forward
Chapter 14: Laughter
Chapter 15: Vulnerable
Chapter 16: Flight

Chapter 6: Attack

196 8 2
By Arrowbolt5

Optimus's POV

Alias was laying on an energon cloth, sleeping. She was sweating profusely and shaking her head softly. What surprised me was the soft blue glow around her.

Ultra Magnus was in recharge, but he was glowing blue too.

"What is going on?" Wheeljack asked through the cramped doorway.

I stepped forward and got ready to wake him up, but them Smokescreen pushed his way past me and held out a hand.

"Wait! Uh, I heard about this from Alpha Trion. He said it was an ancient way that Primus used to speak with Primes." Smokescreen said.

"But Ultra Magnus is not a Prime and Primus is dead." I said in confusion.

"Yeah, but... you know..." Smokescreen muttered.

I looked at Ultra Magnus and the girl worriedly. I didn't know what was going on, but I intend to find out.

Because Megatron clearly did.

Alias's POV

I sat on Ultra Magnus's shoulder and listened as he spoke to everyone. I kept moving around when I was on the ground and it was making Ratchet angry, so Ultra Magnus moved me there.

"I was working on your ship. You can expect a ten percent increase in vector thrust." He said.

Wow, someone wants to get on Ultra Magnus's good side. Or get away from him.

I heard an enginr thruster and looked over. Optimus was back. Everyone ran over and greeted him, glad he was back.

Wow. They really didn't like Ultra Magnus in charge. Sucker. I told him to be nicer.

Optimus explained the situation to the bots while Ultra Magnus listened from afar.

"Why do you sit here like an outcast? Go join them." I said.

I saw Optimus falter during his speech to look at us before continuing.

"I can hear just fine from where I stand." He replied.

"Yeah, but you're not helping your case." I grumbled.

"I don't have a case right now. I'm in base." He answered before walking over to the door to watch as soldiers marched by.

They all ran in synch, exactly how they were trained to do. I could see why Magnus yearned for that, but he would not get it.

"Did you have lots of troops back on Cybertron?" I asked.

He nodded.

"Mm. You know, when you aren't working closely with anyone, it's easier to order them around. But when you're company is small, you have to be a friend." I told him.

"What do you mean?"

"You lead armies, not teams. In a team, you work together." I explained.

"Wise words." He said.

"I'm a wise fugitive." I smirked.

He smiled softly.

"Ultra Magnus. I noticed something is bothering you. What is it?" Optimus asked.

Magnus turned around and looked at him, before glancing down at me and back.

"I had a misunderstanding about our team, but it seems Alias is wise beyond her years." Magnus answered.

I blushed slightly at the praise.

Optimus nodded, "That is good."

"Optimus." Ratchet suddenly said, "Our scanners have detected exposed energon."

Everyone turned to him, "With our stores at a critical low, we cannot afford not to investigate." He said.

▪️◾◼⬛◼◾▪️

I bounced around in Ultra Magnus's neck cables. He put me down before he left, but I climbed back on.

I had the strangest dream last night. Usually it's the weird glowing one and someone talks to me, but I can't ever understand the words, but last night in the dream it was different.

All I could think about was Magnus getting hurt and I have had this protective instinct ever since I woke up.

So I made sure to come with him, after all, I heal pretty fast anf my bandages and injures were gone. Somewhat.

He fought off the vehicons and Optimus ordered him and the Wreckers to reconnoiter the mine. He also let Smokescreen tag along.

I kept silent and stayed carefully wedged between Magnus's neck cables as everyone spoke about how this seemed odd. There was no security or other Decepticons.

An odd thing indeed.

I watched everything carefully. This is the moment I knew that my instinks were correct about needing to protect Magnus today.

They found a very large bot and a bunch of tubes filled with liquid and creepy disfigured bots. I shivered.

Their attack on the large bot was very short and before that bot left, he caused the tubes to begin to empty and awaken the beasts.

Luckily, Wheeljack threw a grenade at the unstable synthetic energon and then they turned and ran. And yes, I know what synthetic energon is, Magnus and Ratchet were talking about it this morning.

I guess he didn't need my help, this went surprisingly smooth.

They were about halfway down the tunnel before a groundbridge opened. Definitely not our own.

A giant bot stepped out.

"Who is this guy?" Wheeljack asked.

"The very thing that has previously allowed you to live, but will not today." He said.

"He's the predicon!" Magnus exclaimed, and I felt his body lean back ever so slightly.

Suddenly the room heated up and both of the bots dodged to the side for cover as a fireball from the explosion came though the room.

The predicon stared at the fire before turning to us.

"What have you done to my brethren!? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?" He demanded angrily before charging.

Both of the bots tried to attack him, but were knocked away. I fell out of Magnus's neck cables as he went flying through the air.

I spread my wings and let myself glide.

The predicon threw Wheeljack at a wall and then ran towards him for more. Magnus was still just getting out of his own crater.

"Well then, let's dance." Wheeljack said before his face plate shield slide up to cover his face.

He ran forward and actually did a great job of beating the scrap out of the predicon, but then suddenly the tide was turned and he was beating Wheeljack into the ground.

I swooped down and stabbed my sword into the predicon's shoulder plate. He roared and released Wheeljack, before looking around for me.

I pushed off and got ready to attack again, but then Magnus leaped onto the predicon and smacked him with the giant golden hammer.

Magnus looked at me and opened his mouth to speak, but I saw the predicon attacking again.

I swooped down once more and stabbed the beast in the eye. He roared and then Magnus slammed the hammer into him again.

Then they were battling again and I had no openings so I simply followed them coming down to stab or slice the predicon between Magnus's attacks.

That giant golden hammer might be powerful, but it was too big and bulky. Too slow. Thankfully though, that allowed me enough time to help out.

The predicon reacted faster this time and moved out of the way of the slow hammer, causing me to also miss my shot at his communicator. I flew up slightly to avoid being squished as the predicon grabbed Magnus and threw him to the ground.

Then he started to beat Magnus with the hammer, but I landed on his helm and sliced off his communicator. The predicon yelled angrily and tried to grab me, but I flew higher out of his reach.

Then Wheeljack jumped out and used his whip to take away the hammer and then hit the predicon with it.

The predicon was thrown back and Wheeljack gave me a stern look before charging. Stern? Since when has Wheeljack been stern?

Magnus got up and Wheeljack wrapped his whip around the hammer before they both served a critical hit to the predicon.

The predicon was weakened greatly and the two Autobots hit him back and forth. I stayed overhead and sliced at him when he was between them.

Then the predicon was knocked slightly off course and into a wall, giving Wheeljack enough time to started shooting at the stalactite on the ceiling. Good plan.

Magnus started shooting at it too, but I saw that the predicon was quickly recovering, so I flew straight at it and sliced my sword all the way through, the tip extending just enough to go right through.

It fell down heavily and landed right on the predicon.

I flew down and landed on Magnus's shoulder.

"Wow, you guys work together very well for a bunch of people who don't like each other." I commented, staring at the rock.

"And you were supposed to stay at base." Magnus said sternly.

Psh.

Suddenly the rock began to move, my eyes widened. No way that guy was still alive.

It rolled to the side and hit us. I rolled across the ground a few times, but used my wings as a shield. I looked up just in time to see the predicon use a rock to hit and bury Wheeljack in the wall.

The predicon jumped up and went straight at Magnus, who was desperately crawling to his hammer.

I stood up and flapped my wings, my chest hurting at the sounds of Magnus's pain as the predicon crushed his hand.

I let out a battle cry and charged forward, flying full speed at the predicon's face. He stepped back and tried to swat me away, but I was too fast.

I brought up my sword and stabbed it down as hard as I could into the eye that I had stabbed previously. Combined with my flying speed, the hit caused energon to leak out.

I jumped off and the predicon smacked his own face as he staggered back.

Frag you.

Word Count:1605

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.4K 1.9K 16
Y/N was just a normal 18-year-old girl that worked at a laboratory as a cleaner. There she meets an actual Merformer named Optimus Prime, the leader...
14.9K 507 20
Alias was a master hacker, her services to the government could never be repaid, especially when she finds something extraordinary. When Team Prime n...
29.5K 790 16
ShadowLight is a warrior that was born as a mistake. Her teacher is Ultra Magnus. Shadow finds herself on the planet called Earth. She picks up a tr...
9.9K 367 27
Aurora Jameson, Jasper Nevada's resident pretty girl. She never knew her parents, being adopted by her aunt at a young age. Jack Darby is her best f...