Andante - R. Lupin

By halcyonedaysx

'Andante, Andante Oh, please don't let me down' In which Alcyone Estella-Nova Montague just wants to be loved... More

- CAST -
- Playlist -
- PRELUDE -
- 0.1
- 0.2
- 0.3
- 0.4
- 0.5
- ACT ONE -
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
- ACT TWO -
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
- ACT THREE -
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80.
81.
82.
83.
84.
85.
86.
87.
88
89
90.
91.
92.

60.

692 29 36
By halcyonedaysx

{.60. The trio's Oath}

Luke: "Ally we can't just make an unbreakable vow sweetie, we went through this last year. Please don't cry babe, I'm sorry."

Toby: "Please don't leave me out of the hug! I'm up for the unbreakable vow all! Lukey is just being silly sweets!"

***

Ally returned to Hogwarts after Caspian's birthday feeling so much more refreshed and relaxed. It was odd to see how much of a change there was in the girl from her pre-home visit to her post-home visit. She had been like a different person and everyone welcomed the change but they could still see the fear behind her eyes. She liked being walked to her classes and the library for her to study for her NEWTs.

Everyone had been incredibly impressed by how seriously she was taking her NEWTs, especially because she had always said she despised academia and struggled with revision and applying knowledge. But that didn't matter because this week was Toby and Luke's birthday and soon she was going to be a bridesmaid at Cissy's wedding. She didn't know how she was allowed out of school yet again but she was sure it was because Perseus gave permission, especially as school was finishing in the middle of June again this year.

Her NEWTs were taking place the last two weeks of May and she was feeling slightly more prepared than she did for her owls but she just needed an outstanding in Arithmancy, charms and Astronomy and she'd be happy. If she got acceptable on everything else she'd feel incredibly proud. There was also the final slug club dinner that she had been invited to by Remus but she wasn't certain she'd go, she didn't want to without Toby and Luke but the marauders said they'd find a way to sneak one of them in.

Tonight was the night that Ally, Toby and Luke had their little group meeting of what they thought about their years and hopes for the future. Ally wasn't honestly certain about what she was thankful for, especially because of the passing of her dad but she was sure she would manage to spout something out, maybe being an Auntie.

Ally was just finishing up some history of magic revision with Peter when he saw Peter shaking his head at something. Ally turned to look subtly, pretending to click her back. She saw that there was a Slytherin boy but she couldn't place who it was and she wasn't sure if it was because she couldn't see or she was just doubting herself but she shook her head and he had disappeared.

She turned back to Peter who smiled at her and started to pack away his notes.

"Are you ready Ally?" He squeaked

Ally nodded and placed her stuff neatly together so she could carry them to the Hufflepuff common room. Peter had agreed to drop her off there after their revision session so they could have a little catch up too.

They started walking towards the Hufflepuff common room and began chatting about their plans after Hogwarts. Ally revealed that she was going to be shadowing Perseus so that she could teach and she would start to shadow Professor Flitwick when he had a free hour. She wasn't ecstatic as she had never wanted to teach but after the incident with Joshua, his auntie wasn't willing to employ ally in the ministry. Her name was more or less black listed for the time being in the ministry and nothing upset her more.

"So I'm planning on working in the bakery by my house as I do in the summers, then try and work in the ministry or something," Peter explained

"That's awesome, would you ever want to open a bakery in Diagon Alley do you reckon?" She asked Peter

"That's not really in my plan, I can't bake myself," Peter clarified

Ally nodded, she thought it was strange that Peter would seek work in the Muggle world but she didn't want to invalidate him or make him question his decisions. She thought the Muggle world was fascinating and she honestly wanted to spend a significant amount of time there when it was possible to do so.

She used to love Muggle school and ballet when she was younger, so she'd love to go back and see the changes now she was a bit older and even when she was older again in a few years. She was kind of thankful that she had gone to Muggle school and wasn't sheltered, at least she knew a bit about Muggle animals. She especially loved penguins, she saw them in a zoo and almost took one home with her.

"So are you going to take over Perseus' class then?" Peter asked

"I don't think so Pete, Perseus can't retire until at least 1994 so that's quite a time away at the moment." Ally revealed to which Peter nodded

The year 1994 seemed forever away, especially since they were only in 1978 now. They would be in their thirties then. Ally couldn't even imagine it properly, she wondered where she would be in her thirties, what she'd be doing, what she'd achieve? Would the war be over? There were so many uncertainties about the future that Ally hated obsessing over but she always wanted to be with her friends and family.

Most importantly she just wished that everybody that she loved was safe in the future and health. That's what she thought was the most important thing. The duo arrived outside the Hufflepuff common room and Ally hugged Peter tightly.

"Thanks for walking me Peter, enjoy your night," She smiled as she tapped the barrel

Peter didn't say much, he just smiled and waved before he headed towards the black lake with sweaty palms and a dry mouth.

Ally walked up the stairs to her room and grabbed Toby and Luke's birthday presents. This year she went for something different. She had learnt that in the Muggle world being eighteen was a big deal, so she had decided to go with some Muggle gifts, specifically because they were a half-blood and a Muggle-born so she thought they'd appreciate it.

She had bought them both whisky glasses with their name and '18' on it, an expensive vodka she had imported from Russia, and she had bought them both a type of bracelet where you make a wish when you tie it and the rope will start to loosen when your wish comes true. ally didn't know whether it would work but she thought it was adorable. She had also bought them both hip flasks with their name on them too, she thought they looked cute so she sent Oberon on a mission into the Muggle world.

She walked up the staircase to Toby's room and knocked loudly before waltzing in. She went to sit on Toby's bed but saw that Sirius was there.

"Siri? Didn't expect to see you here. Are you alright?" She asked perplexed

"Prongs and Lily are on a date, Moony is having a nap and Peter was with you so I decided to come to spend time with my number ones," he teased

"Right, well budge up then. Penblwydd hapus Luke," ally smiled sitting on the bed passing Luke his bag of presents "penblwydd hapus Tobes," she smiled passing Toby his present

"Since when do you speak Welsh?" Sirius asked her raising an eyebrow because he was impressed

"Always, Perseus made me learn when I was younger. Thought it would be impressive and beneficial to have a Caliber of languages under my belt," she shrugged using the Muggle idioms that Perseus often used to describe things to her

"Fair enough, that meant happy birthday right?" Sirius asked to which she nodded

Sirius checked his watch and spring off the bed. He pressed a kiss to Toby's forehead, kissed Luke's cheek and pressed a kiss to Ally's nose with a grin.

"Got to go, we've got a prank scheduled so avoid near the potions class and the Slytherin dungeons if you can, love you all." Sirius quipped before running out of the room

Ally laughed at Sirius. She loved how free-spirited he was. It just made her happy that he had found peace within himself and within everyone, he seemed completely unbothered about life at Grimmauld place and the more ally thought about it the more she thought that it was nice because he deserved it to be happy.

The boys delved into their present bags as soon as Sirius left and ripped the paper and bows off. ally rolled her eyes, she had only spent two hours of her life hand wrapping them so they'd be perfect for them. Even though she could have used magic sometimes she just loved doing things by hand, it made her feel quite useful and she always appreciated the fact that doing things for yourself could be quite fun.

The boys took in each of their gifts and both wrapped their arms tightly around Ally in appreciation. Toby rubbed circles on her back and Luke ran his hand through her hair massaging her scalp. She loved the two boys in front of her so much it made her so happy that they were appreciative of her too.

"Right circle that's not a circle and Toby you start," Luke sniffed

This was the most emotional that the trio had been. It was their last time ever doing this at Hogwarts and while they had never actually been ones to get sentimental but Ally would miss this. She'd miss seeing them every day, having cups of tea in the morning after a party and discussing all the antics, they'd miss being together. It was the small things like even doing this yearly round-up and the more Ally thought about it the more she could feel herself getting emotional.

Toby moved to take his position and grabbed a butterbeer from the bedside drawer before handing one to both Ally and Luke with a wobbly smile. He needed these two more than he would ever have thought and it broke his heart that he wouldn't be able to see them every day ever again.

"Okay, this year I'm incredibly thankful for is the fact that we have gotten through this year with not much heartbreak and lots of fun along the way," Toby said optimistically

"One wish for my handsome Lukey is that I want you to pursue whatever you can, medicine, magical medicine, everything. Take your opportunities and grab them by the bloody balls because you can and should achieve everything you want and more," Toby beamed before Luke hugged him tightly

"My dearest Alcyone, I want you to never give up on your dreams. You want to change legislation and you will bloody do that so never give up." Toby had already moved to hug ally when he was finishing, he kissed her cheeks and she did the same before squeezing his shoulders

"One thing that I hope for the future is that we're always together and support one another no matter what," Toby's voice cracked at the end, ally and Luke quickly wrapped their arms around him and they all pinky promised each other

The two knew that Toby always worried that people would leave him. His dad was never truly present and when he was he was constantly telling Toby about how he constantly needed to be better. Ally could never understand because if she had a baby and he turned out to be exactly like Toby she'd be so incredibly proud.

Luke paused before he thought about what he was thankful for. He had lots of things to be thankful for this year, especially because he had been accepted into university to study medicine in the Muggle world and was due to start in September.

"I'm most thankful for getting into university and would never have without feeling supported by you guys." He smiled as he spoke, ally winked at him and gave his knee a tap while Toby smiled proudly at his friend

"One thing I wish for you Tobes, is that you always know that you make us incredibly proud and I wish that you'd see for yourself how bloody amazing that you truly are," Luke whispered, he thought if he spoke any louder he'd burst into tears, he didn't want to believe his years of magical education were coming to an end. "Ally, I wish that you show every single dickhead who doubted you exactly what you're capable of," he beamed

"One thing that I hope for the future is to achieve my dreams of becoming a doctor whether it be Muggle or magical and I want to ensure that I can help deliver babies because even though they don't look cute when they come out I think babies development is fascinating and I'd love to research it," ally nodded, he would always ask questions about Graham and his development so it made sense that Toby wanted to be a midwife — she had heard that was the proper name and not delivery person but that was a different story — they all have Luke a hug and ally thought for a moment before starting

"I'm thankful that I've managed to stay kind of put together after my urm you know, dad. I'm thankful for not too many mishaps on the old magical front I suppose and finding some answers about me and 'atlas," she did two but Toby and Luke thought it was necessary for her to get what she needed out and to attempt to find small positives.

"I wish that you Lukey achieve your dreams of becoming a midwife and you can deliver all my brother's girlfriends future babies and we can babysit them together so you can research," she giggled causing Luke to shake his head softly "Tobes, I wish that you always know how proud of you we both are and that you achieve absolutely everything in your life because there's nobody that deserves good things more than you my love,"

Toby wipes the stray tear that fell from her cheek and shot her a wink. She smiled but inside her heart was breaking about the fact they didn't have long left of Hogwarts and this year of her life was fully about loss and grieving over the losses in her life. She didn't want any more loss.

"My hope for the future is just that I'm happy and we meet every other day or once a week because I can't go without seeing my best boys," she shrugged and the boys nodded giving her tight hugs

"I still want to do the unbreakable vow though," she added into the hug

"Ally we can't just make an unbreakable vow sweetie, we went through this last year." Luke groaned but when he saw that Ally had tears streaming down her face he panicked and placed his hands over her face quickly wiping the tears, "Please don't cry babe, I'm sorry." He hurried to wrap his arms around her while Toby snapped a picture, he loved making memories and moving pictures were the best way to do that.

Once Toby was satisfied with the picture printing he placed the camera on the bed and jumped on Luke's back. Luke nearly collapsed under the pressure but he smiled anyway.

"Please don't leave me out of the hug!" He shouted as he jumped down off Luke's back and pulled Ally away from Luke so he could hug her tightly himself, "I'm up for the unbreakable vow ally! Lukey is just being silly sweets!" He cooed as Luke snapped a picture

Ally knew that they were both right but she just couldn't believe that soon it would all be over.

***

Unedited

Hope this is okay. Thought I'd treat you guys for being Mia.

Hope everybody is doing okay, how is school/college? Any interesting things happened to anyone recently? Let me know in the comments! Hope you're good!

Question: what star sign do you think I am and why?

See you next update xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

184K 3.9K 35
꧁In which they both have feelings but are unknown to eachother꧂ OR After 6 years of chasing Lily Evans it seems as if James Potter has given up on...
1.3M 45.1K 78
In a universe where Voldemort never became powerful enough to terrify people for decades after the first Wizarding War, Peter didn't betray his frien...
103 3 5
"if i'd known you'd leave forever, i never would've helped you disappear." in which the marauders think their sixth year will begin and end normally...
1.4K 84 11
❝ 𝐃𝐎 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝐈 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐓 𝐀𝐋𝐋? ❞ ― 𝖺𝖿𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖺 𝗍𝗎𝗋𝗆𝗈𝗂𝗅 𝗈𝖿 𝖽𝖾𝖺𝗍𝗁𝗌 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖻𝖾𝗍𝗋𝖺𝗒𝖺𝗅𝗌, 𝖺 𝗆𝖺𝗋𝗋𝗂...