Tsukishima x reader /☽/☆/ "I...

By Imjustherehi

Tsukishima x reader TW : Mentions of death, swearing, sexual themes ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── The mother of... More

pls read : a/n and trigger warnings
*:・゚✧ Y/n Sugawara *:・゚✧
*:・゚✧ Kei Tsukishima *:・゚✧
The Hearts of Hopeful Teenagers
☽ Prologue ☆
Tsukishima, Yamaguchi, Y/n
Mothers and their children
Duos and their Disputes
Duos and their Team
Meeting Seijoh
Cats and Cafes and a boy and a girl
What Stars do to People
Cats and Crows
What Sunsets do to People
Interhigh Tourney
The Push to Improve
Teams and their Sleepovers
Parents and Anniversaries
Nice to meet you Ya-chan!
Tokyo! : The begging of evolution.
Tokyo! : Meat meat dinner, meaty meat dinner!
Fireworks and the people you share them with.
Spring High Prelims
Y/n, Tsukishima, Traffic
Crows and Eagles : Fight to Win
Sweet Boy/Lover Boy - Tsukishima Kei
Confessions that happen on holidays
That Good Old Fashioned Teenage Kind of Awkward
Spring.
''I'll Say it First''
That Good Old Fashion Romance Movie Montage
*:・゚✧ Y/n Sugawara *:・゚✧
*:・゚✧ Kei Tsukishima *:・゚✧
A Saturday in a Crappy Studio Apartment in Sendai
That Good Old Fashion Romance Movie Montage (Reprise)
Simplicity
"I'll say 'it' first." (Reprise)
☆/Epilogue/☽
Thank you!

Projects and Hands

524 20 4
By Imjustherehi

How do you like Tsukishima falling first? CUZ YOU ARE GONNA SEE IT THIS CHAPTER.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Y/n POV

October 27

"LOVE!"

"LOVE!" Mr. Sato expresses writing the kanji across the chalk board. The stretching of the chalk writing is a sound not all of us like causing those people to gag at the house. 

'LOVE!' in Mr. Sato's words.

 Another important theme in the whole book about Norio and Kiki. 

"Something you youngsters have probably not experienced, and there for,  know nothing about. I myself have been married for 5 years to my wife. We even have a 10 month old daughter." He states proudly. I glance at Tadashi and Tsukishima and we all silently giggle. Sato's still pretty young, only 29. He started teaching here when Kou was a first year.

"LOVE! NORIO AND KIKI LOVED ONE ANOTHER. You have probably never loved anyone romantically." Mr.Sato laughs and some of the playboys in our class gasp causing everyone to laugh.

"Anyway, this is an assignment I've assigned every year teaching this course. I have handed you a slip of paper and I'd like you to flip it over to the written side now please." Mr. Sato says and we do as he says.

'Tsukishima Kei.' 

Is written on my tiny slip of paper. I turn to Tsukishima and show him my slip of paper, him doing the same with his. Everyone else doing the same.

We all shrug and turn back to Mr. Sato.

"These will be your partners for this project." Everyone groans at the news of work. "Don't worry! This isn't gonna have any poster boards, or slide shows, or even a reflection. It's just a spoken report off of the top of your head." He eases. 

"For this assignment, I want you and your partner to hold hands. Try doing it for the whole day. Only stop when eating, bathroom, writing and doing your homework. Even if you're in club hold hands. Walk each other home too. I've already informed your other classroom teachers on this. Essentially you will be handcuffed together without the handcuffs. This usually ends in at least one couple by the end of this. Don't date someone because you held their hand for a day. This is only a project. BUT to each their own." Mr. Sato explains. 

Some of the guys glance at their partners who are also guys and groan, while some of the other partners look exited and giddy. I look at Tadashi who frowns a bit.

"What is it Tadashi?" I ask, leaning over to him. He show's me his slip.

'Miyazaki Asuka.' 

"Oh I talk to her all the time. She's really sweet. She's a part of the softball team. She's really good." I ease but Tadashi frowns.

"Yeah but her girlfriend is gonna kill me." He sighs and Tsukishima and I laugh at him. He's talking about Akiyama Umeko, she helps run the art club. She's really nice too, but you shouldn't get on Akiyama-san's bad side.

"You'll be alright. Miyazaki-san and  Akiyama-san are alright." Tsukishima says but Tadashi frowns. He's seated in-between us and points left and right at the both of us.

"Easy for you two to say. You guys already know each other!" Tadashi pouts as Mr. Sato signals the class to settle down.

"Anyway, by tomorrow I morning I will ask you two to present." Mr. Sato says and we all nod. "What are you waiting for? Hold hands! You can switch seats for today." Mr. Sato says. Tadashi shifts to my seat and I move to his. I grab Tsukishima's hand and intertwine our fingers.

His hand is something I've held before. Have etched in my brain. The slenderness of his fingers. The size of his palm and the dry spots on his fingers and thumb.

"I hope your hands won't get sweaty." He teases while looking off to the side.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Tsukishima POV

October 27

Y/n's hand and mine are still holding onto each other. Using the hands that aren't holding each other, we use our chopsticks to eat. We're having a club meeting in the gym right now. Daichi wanted to go over a few things. 

When the second years get to the gym they smirk at us.

"Ah Mr. Sato got your class to do that hand holding assignment!" Tanaka teases as Y/n lifts up our intertwined hands and nods.

"Me and Tanaka were partners." Noya says siting down and eating his bento. 

"Where's Tadashi?" Narita asks.

"He's with his partner, she had mandatory committee work." I explain, Y/n's mouth to full to answer. Everyone settles down and we start the meeting. Suga glancing at me every few seconds.

Our hands play with each others'. Y/n's hand squeezing mine every once in a while and I do the same to her.

It's like pretending to be a couple. If I pretend enough, we feel like one. I really like her so much.

Maybe I should tell her that I like her. That I like her so much that I would take all her pain away and store it in a box and burry it so far underground so she's never sad again. But I can't do that. But I can make her as happy as she could. I don't like people touching me too much. Hand holding and hugging has never been something I've seen myself craving, but if it's from her - I'll take it. I'll relish in her warm embrace and happy smiles and breathy laughs.

"...Tsukishima?" Y/n takes me out of my thoughts grazing her thumb over mine.

"Huh? Y-yeah?" I ask turning to her.

"Dai-chan is trying to tell you something. Guess you zoned out a bit." She says and we both look forward.

"S-sorry I got distracted."

"It's fine." Daichi tells me.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Tsukishima POV

October 27

Daichi excused Y/n and I from practice because we'd be pretty useless since we need to hold hands for the day, so I'm walking her home.  The sun already setting, the cold wind settling into  Miyagi.

She wanted bubble tea first so we are heading to the boba shop first.

We reach the shop and enter.

We line up and Y/n orders.

"Can I have 1 flavour/boba please and - do you want anything?" She squeezes my hand and asks me.

"No I'm alright." I say and she frowns.

"And one slice of strawberry shortcake." She says. The cashier asks for the money and Y/n gives it to him with a smile. The cashier looks about our age and he kinda frowns when he notices we're holding hands

"Thank you!" She smiles and we go to the side and wait.

"I thought you just wanted boba?" I say and she turns to me.

"You need to eat. The cake is for you." She squeezes my hand.

"I'll pay you ba-"

"Nope! Nope. I wanted to buy it for you." She smiles at me.

We get the food and start to head home. Old ladies smiling at us, probably thinking are a couple.

I wish we were. How do you tell a girl you like her so much. 

How do I tell her I would take all her pain away and store it in a box and burry it so far underground so she's never sad again. But I can't do that. But I can make her as happy as she could. 

She's so pretty. I don't know how two people can make someone so pretty. She looks normal. She doesn't look like an idol or some model, she looks normal like me. I've never met Y/n's mother before. Y/n looks like her Dad but I wonder if some of her Mom slipped into her genes. I don't know how two people made someone so perfect, all I know is that Y/n has no reason to be so pretty.

Other guys notice how pretty Y/n is too. When we go to tournaments and guys will stare and blush, all too nervous to walk up to her because she's surrounded by other guys.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Y/n POV

October 28

"Okay last one, so how did this project make both of you feel, change your thinking?." Mr. Sato asks Tadashi and Miyazaki, who laughs.

"I already have a girlfriend so I just missed holding her hand." Miyazaki chuckles and Tadashi panics and turns to the brunette girl.

"Is she mad at me!?" Tadashi panics and the whole class laughs as Miyazaki starts panicking because of Tadashi's state.

"No! Umeko's not like that at all!" Miyazaki says. "Anyway, I can see how some people find touch a romantic thing, but it's just skin against skin, nothing too special. For me at least." She finishes off.

Tadashi clears his throat before speaking.

"I felt the same. Holding hands and touch is an intimate thing I guess but you just have to do it with the right person." Tadashi says. The pair sit back down and Mr. Sato call on Tsukishima and I. We move up to the front of the class and Mr. Sato gets ready to speak.

"I didn't parter up people at random. I know that some of you are friends and some of you, only mere acquaintances. These two are an example of a pair who are already good friends." Mr. Sato says. "Any how, how did this make you feel and how does it relate to Norio and Kiki's story? Ladies first." He asks.

"Um." How did I feel? I don't know. All I know is that I liked it a little but I'm not gonna say that. "Well Tsukishima doesn't have sweaty hands which was nice." I joke and everyone chuckles a bit as said boy gives me a bored look.

"Anyway. Tsukishima and I were already friends, and we talk often and hang out often. It was like any other day but holding hands. He was also much more polite and held all the doors open for me yesterday." I smile. My chest growing warm at the thoughts of yesterday.

"For me, human touch is a big deal. It's how we can communicate with everyone regardless of language. That's how Kiki showed how much she loved Norio in the middle of the book. Touch speaks. Luckily, Tsukishima made me feel very comfortable, I'd imagine holding hands with someone for the whole day gets a little irritating." I say and Mr. Sato nods, taking some notes before moving onto Tsukishima. 

He puts his hands together and starts speaking.

"I don't like touching people that much. But I'm already comfortable enough with Y/n that the day wasn't so bad." He says and we all laugh at his blunt behaviour.

"But what Y/n said about Norio and Kiki, I completely agree. But to add on, love isn't something that happens right away. It's something that develops, and for some people touch is how they do that." He says. Who knew he could be such a romantic.

"Okay you two can sit back down." Mr. Sato says. "What you read in your novels will always find a way to wriggle into your life, and no. I am not saying this so you read more books. Hate, sadness, comfort, joy, passion, love. It will always show up. We write novels and movies, poems and songs. Paint and draw and dance, because it expresses the human nature that lives within each of us. Everyone hates something now matter how much humility exists in you. Everyone has something, someone that comforts us, makes us joyful and passionate. We all love someone too." Mr. Sato says.

"Mr. Ota, Miss. Sakai. You two are the pair that ended up getting together by the end of this assignment. Hopefully your love will be different from Norio and Kiki's story." Mr. Sato smiles.

"So do we all get an A?" Some guy calls out from the back, a smirk playing at his face.

"Yes. You all did a good job for this project." Mr. Sato smiles.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Tsukishima POV

October 28

When I get home Mom's cooking baking strawberry shortcake. I feel myself smile at the smell.

"Hey sweetie. I'm making you and your Dad's favourite! He'll be home later." Mom says. She comes up to greet me. I bend down so she can kiss my cheek.

"Hey Mom?" I ask as she continues mixing batter while I start helping her chop some strawberries.

"Yes my Love?" She whisks the batter. The sounds of rubber whisks against soft plastic filling the space. She's made this so many times she doesn't use measuring cups. Just goes by memory.

"I - no never mind." I wave my hand in the air but Mom turns to me and smiles.

"You can tell me. What is it?" She says softly before turning back to what she was doing.

"I like Y/n. A lot." I say quietly and Mom giggles a bit.

"You have a crush on that girl. She's a sweet one. Too polite for her own good." She smiles. "Are you gonna tell her?" She asks, grabbing the sliced strawberries from me and putting them into the batter.

"Yeah. I think so. Maybe sometime soon." I say and Mom smiles.

"Hey Kei?"

"Yes Mom?"

"Just remember. First loves and high school sweethearts. They're firsts. And those firsts don't normally last. Even so, if you do get together. Treat that girl nicely." Mom says. I don't know if that was optimistic or pessimistic. 

"Okay Mom." I'm too lazy to disagree. Just let firsts be firsts. Some last, some don't. Don't put a timer on my first love.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Written July 29, 2021

Released August 14, 2021

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 57 32
Y/N IS A NOVELIST IN JAPAN. HE IS ONE OF THE BEST NOVELISTS IN THE WORLD. HE RECENTLY FINISHED HIS NOVEL. AND IS NOW PLANNING TO MAKE A NEW NOVEL ON...
139K 3.4K 43
| | 38 chapters and 1 epilogue and 4 a/n | | ⚠️You don't have to vote⚠️ every comment makes me happy🤗 and I read all of them and try to reply to the...
65.9K 1.8K 32
Y/n has a secret they've been hiding from everyone. Well, it's not really a secret but more of a lie they tell everyone. "My parents are on a busine...
274K 10.1K 83
️️⭐️2nd Place in Haikyuu Watty Awards 2015 love stories [canon pairing/OC pairing] Category⭐️ I'm just Haruka Akiyama, a regular 2nd year high school...