What the!!!!!!

By Sarangaeyo15

What happens when an American high school hottie falls in love with an Indian girl but she is a little resist... More

Introduction
Some tiny details
Breakfast and ride to school
Parents
First Day
I met her
I think you have learned your lesson
I did not see that coming
Amanda is 16
Why me?????
Let's make covalent bond
The Engagement
My Birthday
The Game and Aftermath
Telling them to maintain distance
Let's focus on Christmas shopping for now
An Eventful Christmas indeed
Ah what a start!!!!
It's Valentine's week
It wasn't easy, nevertheless
The Wedding and other shenanigans
Oh God! That's why?
What have I done!!
What the F
Jealousy is in the air
Sport's event is incomplete without a drama
Finally

Thanks for being there

651 27 4
By Sarangaeyo15

                      Trisha's POV

Everything went really well in th holidays. I enjoyed my days thoroughly. After what I unintentionally eavesdropping Shawn's conversation with his grandma, I distanced myself from him, even though I know I should not do it. I mean I also want him to be just friends but it still felt bad. Though my volunteering days in the hospital paid off really well. I got to learn so much and it was a real nice experience and something really good to add to my college application. Hope I will be able to enter med school just as I wish and can fulfill my parents' dreams.

School opened exactly after a month and with that stared our hectic schedule. Soon we will have our final terms, so now we have to study even harder. A week went by with all the hassle and then that day came.
************************************

Today is the day, 2nd February, the day I dread the most. The day I always run from. The horrible day to my life, my parents' death anniversary

For the last three years I have been avoiding people this day. I skipped school for three years straight as I was not ready to face anyone or to show my most vulnerable side.
But today I will go to school not because I am okay now or I have become any less vulnerable. That might take a long time for me to do. But I will go today for my family. For the last three years my family has been waiting for me to come down and face them. They want to see that I am trying, so today I will.
For the last 3 years I used to be in my room and come out only after they all left for their respective work. At night also I try my best to not come in contact with them. Mom would come to my room to put my breakfast and dinner at the table and leave to give me some space.
But that's it. I no longer want to make them feel gloomy just because I don't have the courage to face it. I will go to school like any normal day.

I did all my morning chores and went to have breakfast with my family.

"Good morning everyone".
I could tell by their faces that they were shocked as well as concerned about me. But I want them to be relaxed not worried.

"Where is Amanda?" I asked.

They came out of their shock zone and replied," Good morning dear. Amanda has left early for her cheerleading practice."

"Oh. Okay. I guess I have to go to school alone then."

"School? Are you sure Trisha. It's okay if you don't want to," dad said concerned laced in his voice.

"I am fine dad. Trust me. I can't do this all my life,right? I will attend my classes. Both of you, you don't have to worry much. Now I am starving please can I have my breakfast"

"Sure. I will get it for you, " said mom.

We had our breakfast in silence with mom and dad stealing glances at each other. I knew they were talking worried about me.

"Okay guys I will meet you in the evening. Bye".

"Call us if you have any issue, okay?" said dad.

"Sure. Love you both. Bye."

"Love you too".

I released my breath that I was holding. Maybe I can do it. No! I will do it. When I checked my phone I had messages from Sam, Sarah and Jeremy. They all know about today and how I feel about it. I didn't reply them though, thinking I would call them in the evening even though I don't think I will be able to.

I reached school but didn't interact with anyone. I went straight to my literature class thinking how Amanda would react only to find that she was skipping the class for her practice session.

I sat at the very end so that Shawn would not be able to sit next to me as  I was in no mood to talk to him. I couldn't.
The whole time I was almost zoned out. The moment the bell rang, I went to my other class giving Shawn no chance to talk to me.

                        Shawn's POV

Trisha was not herself today. Something was off about her. I wanted to talk to her but she intentionally ignored me.

I was thinking about it while going to the chemistry class when I met Amanda in the hallway.

"Hey Shawn. Where are you lost?"

"Hy Amanda. Good I met you. I have to ask you something."

"Sure go ahead."

"Is Trisha alright? I mean is she sick or something?"

"Yes, she was feeling a little under the weather, so she didn't come to school."

"What are you talking about. She just attended Mr Fitz's class and went straight for chemistry."

"Wait what! Trisha has come to school," Amanda said fully shocked as if it was something bad.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Did she look alright? Was she crying? Oh my god Trisha," Amanda starting blabbering.

"Hey Amanda now you are scaring me. What is it? What's the matter?"

"Ah it's not my place to tell you."

"You are making me more curious and worried now. Just tell me already." I was losing my patience now.

"Shawn you see I have skipped one class already and I can't skip another. So, can you please take care of Trisha. Just look out for her if she is okay and all".

"Why are you talking in puzzles and it's not something to request. Of course I will take care of her. But what is it."

"I am only telling you because I know you care about her. Though it's realy not my place to tell." Amanda paused and then said,". The thing is today is Trisha's parents' death anniversary. She had never attended school in the past 3 years. She must have wanted to show us that she is fine. That stupid girl. So, please take care of her for me Shawn."

I was shocked yes but more than that I was worried about Trisha. Why did she come to school? She should have taken off. This girl is making me so worried about her.

"I will look after her. You don't worry and go to your class. I will leave too."

Trisha's POV.
I have came here but I am not sure how long I will be able to endure it. I was in the class but was not able to concentrate a bit. I was thinking about that day and was in my zone when I realised someone was calling my name. I looked up and saw our chemistry teacher looking at me, asking some question on the board.

I looked at the board and first time I was not able to answer something and that's it. I couldn't take it anymore, I took my bag and ran from the class muttering a small sorry. I could hear my teacher calling my name but I couldn't do it. I only stopped when I was out of the school, in the park near my school. I started crying, not only because I was missing my parents but also to my helplessness, how I wasn't able to endure my pain just for few hours. I was crying so bad and then I heard a familiar voice which instantly made me calm a little.

                         Shawn's POV

After what Amanda told me, I could help but worry about Trisha. That stupid girl. Why did she even come to school. She doesn't need to show anyone she is strong. All that matters is that she is okay.

I went to the chemistry class and there she was sitting at the very end to avoid people. She was zoned out the whole time the teacher was teaching and came to her senses when the teacher asked her a question. She looked at the board for few seconds, her eyes started to tear up and then she did something no one could hav expected from her. She took her bag and ran away. Seeing her like that made me sad and I don't know how, why but I stari to ran after her without thinking of the consequences.

I ran after her and found her in the park near our school. She was sobbing. It broke me to see her like that, so I said,""Did you forget what I said to you at the New year's party?"

She turned hearing me voice with confusing expressions,"Huh?"

"I specifically told you, you can feel sad or cry only when you are with me and not other than that". I truly meant it."

Trisha looks at me with so many different emotions.

"So, don't run away again. You can tell me everything.

She looks at him me and I could tell she was debating whether to say something or not, so I continued.

"You don't have to if you don't want"

I thought she won't say anything but she replied.

"Today is my parents death anniversary"

"Amanda told me that", she looked shocked hearing that.

"She didn't want to. It's just she was worried about you. So, she told me to look after you", I said in Amanda's defence."You can talk to me Trisha. I am all ears. Get it all out."

Before she could say anything her phone started ringing. She looked at it but didn't pick up.

"Aren't you gonna pick it?"

"It's my parents. School faculty must have told them about me."

"Pick it up. They must be worried"

"I don't want to. They were so happy in the morning watching me going to school. I don't want to hear their sad voice," her voice broke down.

"Okay. Why don't you message them"

She messaged all of them including Amanda that she is fine. She is sorry about causing the trouble and will call back them once she is ready.

                      Trisha's POV

It was Shawn. I was shocked to see him there. He told me that he ran after me and followed me to the park. He even told me that if I wanted to share I could, with him.

I was hesitant first but then I realised I have to talk to someone about it. I never openly talked about the incident or how I am feeling to anyone except my family. I need to tell someone else to get it off my chest. So, I decided to tell him everything.

Before I could start telling, my phone started ringing. I was from dad and I knew that he would add mom as well as soon as I pick up. So, I ignored it. Shawn saw it and asked me to pick up but I wasn't ready. I disappointed them and made them more worried. I don't want to be the damsel in distress from some cliche novel but somehow ended up being one.

Shawn suggested me to atleast message them and I did telling them not to worry and I will call them when I would feel I am ready.

After she messaging my parents, I  asked Shawn if he was sure that he want to listen to my story.

"Are you sure you wanna hear it. I don't want to see those sympathetic expressions on your face after hearing it," I don't like people giving my that ' Oh so sad ' look.

"I am not showing sympathy to you Trisha. I am here because I care about you. I was worried."

I didn't know how to react to that. I was shocked but happy at the same time. I shook me to get out of my zone and started telling him about my parents not knowing how much I will be able to control myself from crying again.

                        Shawn's POV

After Trisha told me that she didn't want my sympathetic looks, I sincerely told her that I care about her and it's my worry not sympathy that I was there with her.

After getting assured, she started telling me about her parents.

"My biological parents are, well were," she chuckled but I know she was sad to use were," Mr and Mrs Sharma - Raman Sharma and Priya Sharma. I call them Papa and Maa. They were very lovely and caring. The best parents you can have. Not too strict, all cool, teaching you the rights and wrongs and telling you about your rights," she smiled remembering them. I could tell she had a good relationship with her parents.

"They were a very lovely couple.They had a love marriage. They met via a common friend and fell in love and got married."

Papa was a chef and Maa was in accounting field. My mom had a cousin, my mamu(maternal uncle) who lives one hour drive away from here, Mr Ajit kumar, the man whose daughter got engaged last year. You attended the function with Amanda, remember?", I nodded as I remembered that day not because of the engagement but because that day I saw Trisha in that Indian attire. She continued," He was the one who convinced Papa and Maa to move to Beverly Hills, California. He has business here. Papa got a job in a hotel and mom applied in a firm when they shifted here. Ajit mamu also helped them in settling."

"So, my papa sold his house in India and came here. I have never seen my paternal grandparents. They died when Papa was 22. So, Papa had no one to leave behind but yes mom had to leave her mother(my nani- maternal grandma) and her younger brother."

"Papa and Maa started working here and bought a house right next to the Cooper's. And like any other good citizens, the Cooper's helped my parents to unpack and settle down. That's how they were introduced to each other."

I was listening to her with my full attention, taking in all tbe details and looking at her expression how she looked  so happy talking about her parents.

"Everything was fine for 2-3 years and then I happened," she chuckled, this time a genuine chuckle." I mean came to this world. Meaning I was accidentally conceived. Papa and Maa wanted to properly settle down before starting a family but what can I say. God had other plans," This time I smiled hearing her say that about herself.

"Coincidentally mom( Mrs Cooper) was pregnant too. Amanda was born one month before me. She was born on October 16th and I was on November 15th. So we have a difference of only a month between us."

"Dad(Mr Cooper) was Maa's doctor. Maa had some complications while having me and Dad(Mr Cooper) told her not to take any stress anymore means no work, no going to office. Maa had to leave her work and stay at home to keep for my sake," her expression changed to a sad one but she continued.

"This created a bigger problem. The whole burden fell on papa. Maa's medicines, my care and everything. Maa started to feel sad and depressed. So, they decided to move back to India when I was almost 2. Papa thought it would be good for Maa to be with my nani(maternal grandma). It will help her to relax and have a fresh start."

"You see I am an American if you will see my birth certificate," she smiled

"But the main point where my parents' friendship became concrete was when papa saved mom and Amanda. Both dad and papa had told me this story. I don't know exactly how but there was fire and mom fainted. Fortunately papa was home early that day to take care of Maa as it was her eighth month. So papa first saved mom and then went upstairs to get Amanda out of the house. The fire was not that severe but it damaged the living area and kitchen."

"I have heard this one before. Amanda told me once when I asked about how and why her parents adopted you," I told Trisha.

"Oh okay. Well mom and dad are my godparents as well. So, one of the many reasons," she smiled genuinely

"After we came back to India, Cooper's were continuously in touch with us. In India my nani(maternal grandma) helped my parents to be financially stable. Papa got a job in a hotel and mom stayed at home to take care of me.

Papa worked really hard and after few years they opened a diner and then after 2 years converted it into a mini hotel. Papa and Ma's brother used to manage it and now only mamu manage it.

Cooper's came to meet us few times and we were connected via calls and video chats."

"Everything was going great and then after 8 years of our return to India,I lost my grandma. My parents only had her as a parent and that day they became orphan," her voice stared to break. It was clear that she was trying her best to refrain herself from crying.

"We somehow managed to cope up with that but I didn't know that God would be so cruel to me", now tears started to fall from her eyes.

"Hey it's okay. You don't need to continue, " I stopped her but she said," No,I have to get it out."

"Our lives went back to normal and after two year, one day my parents and I, we were coming back home after watching a movie, when we had that accident," she started crying but continued. I so wanted to stop her, hug her but for her sake I let her complete her story.

"We were rushed to the hospital. I had few scratches only but my parents were critical. I had no physical injuries but that day left a permanent scar on my mental self," she wiped her tears and took a deep breath. It was getting harder and harder to watch her like that.

And then she looked at me and said in teary, broken voice," I was in the car Shawn, I was with them when they, they died. I saw them dying in front of me. I saw them covered in blood. I am still not able to get that image out of my head. Only people close to me like my family, Sam, Sarah and Jer know that I was in the accident as well. I could tell anyone fearing that they might ask me about that day, " she broke down in tears.

And that was it, I could stop myself more and hugged her not thinking about the aftermath," Hey , hey, shhh. It's okay. It's okay now. You are fine. You have us. You don't need to remember the bad memories okay? You have so many good ones to bury that one day", I tried my best to console her.

After few minutes her breathes started to become normal and she no longer was
sobbing.

She then started to tell me what happened after that.

I was devastated after the accident. I didn't know what to do. I shunned everyone around me, didn't talk to my uncle or aunt. The after few days the Coopers came to pay respect and asked my uncle that they wanted to adopt me. My uncle said no but agreed when dad suggested that I would be better for me to have a change of surrounding and environment and that's how I ended up her again after 10 years."

"I am glad Mr and Mrs Cooper took that decision", I told her and I was glad indeed. I can't even imagine how much she suffered and would be suffering if the Coopers wouldn't do that.

"You wanna know something interesting?", She suddenly said, her mood a little better now.

"Yaa sure."

"Well the hotel my dad opened, my parents had named the hotel to me so I will be it's legal owner when I will turn 18. Till then my uncle is managing it but I still get 30 % of the income generated every month."

"Wow Cooper, you already are a business woman, no not woman, business girl."

"Kind of", she laughed a little and I was glad that I could do that.

                       Trisha's POV

I felt a little better after telling everything to Shawn. I don't know, was it because I told everything to someone or was it because it was Shawn, that I felt better. Maybe it was a mix of both.

I looked at my phone and it was 10:30, so I decided to go to the temple for the ceremony. I do a little ceremony for my parents, for their souls to be in peace. So, I got up from the bench and started to leave not before thanking Shawn.

"Thanks for hearing me out."

"Anytime Cooper. I am all ears anytime."

"Okay, so I need to go somewhere. I will meet you tomorrow."

"Where are you going, if I may ask?"

"I am going to the temple for performing a ceremony. I do a little ceremony for my parents, for their souls to be in peace."

"I will take you there," Shawn offered.

"No, it's fine. You have already bunked school for me. I will manage."

"Exactly. I have already bunked school, so I don't have anywhere else to go anyway. So, let me accompany you."

He had a point, so I agreed.

We reached the temple in 20 mins and I asked Shawn to wait for me in the care despite him insisting to join me. But I told him that I wanna do this alone and he understood.

I went in and greeted the priest. He knows me well as I come here every year on this day and other times as well. Mom and dad always encourage me to follow my religion as well and to respect other religions too. That was something maa and papa used to say too.

After performing the pooja(ceremony), I asked the priest to give me some alone time and he did. I do that to have some talk with God. I know it sounds weird but we all communicate with God in different ways.

"Hello bhagwan ji( God), today also like every other time I want you to relay my message to my parents, like a voice message. I will start now, so you better be recording.

Hy maa papa, how are you? Hope you are together at a nice place. I am doing fine as well. You know the Coopers, right? They are too nice.
I won't lie that I don't miss you cause I do everyday, every moment whenever something happens in my life, I miss you guys. But don't worry, mom, dad take really good care of me. Even Amanda, she only looks hard from the outside but is a big softy. I transferred to her school this year and even made two new friends  ah no not two, three new friends. One of them is standing outside. He bunked school today just to comfort me. He is bit annoying but it's nice to have him as a friend.
I really wish you guys were here with me. I will be high school graduate in one and a half year and you will miss my graduation."
I didn't realise when I started crying and tears were all over my cheeks. I wiped my face and checked the time.

"God how time flies. It's been 10 mins already. Can't take that much of the time.
Just two more things and I will be done. I am keeping my promise that I made to guys when I first came here 4 years back. I have a good daughter and I am doing good in my life too. Lastly I love you guys. Whenever it will be, I hope to meet you again. Bye. "

                       Shawn's POV

It been 45 mins already. Why is she not coming out. Is she okay? I should go and check. I was getting anxious thinking she might be crying again or something. So, I decided to go inside but when I was going in, I met with the priest of that temple, so I asked him,"Hello sir. Is Trisha okay.  That girl who came with me.It's been long."

"She is alright son. It's something she always does", he replied.

"Always does? What?", I was curious.

"After the ritual/ pooja, she takes ten minutes and talk to her parents. I once accidentally heard her and when I asked that innocent soul said that she has asked God to relay her message to her parents as voice message", I was astonished to hear that.

"She is fine don't worry. I will check on her. Wait", the priest said and went inside.

                       Trisha's POV

After my conversation was over ,I got up and was leaving the place when the priest came and asked ,"Are you okay my dear?"

"Yes, I am fine. I am fine now. I guess."

"It's okay to get our emotions out time to time. It's okay," he told me and the added,"By the way, that's one handsome and caring boyfriend you got" He said that and chucked in a teasing way.

"Boyfriend? Who?," I was confused.

" That guy outside?"

"He is not my boyfriend. He is just a friend for my new school", I cleared his misunderstanding.

"Oh! So you finally joined your sister's school. Congratulations."

"Yes".

"But still boyfriend or friend that you know. But that boy out there, he really cares about you. His concern,care and anxiousness all are visible on his face."

I was flustered with all the things he said about Shawn being my boyfriend and all, so to avoid more and I touched his feet one last time and said,"I will get going now. I will come soon."

"God bless you. Take care. Bye"

When I came out of the temple, I saw Shawn waiting for me, not in his car but outside in the cold and I felt bad for him even though he asked to come with me.

"Sorry for making you wait."

"It's nothing. Don't say that. Are you okay. Did you cry?The priest was right. Concern was evident in his voice.

"I won't lie that I didn't. But I am fine now. Just needed to get it out."

"Then shall we go."

"Yes."

"I will drop you home after we have something to eat. You haven't eaten your lunch."

"You are talking as if you had."

"I am a boy. I am strong."

"Don't talk like that. That too sexist."

"Okay okay. I am sorry. I was just joking so you could smile. Now that you have scolded me, please smile."

"If you think that was scolding, you have a long way to go then."

"I will go the long way," he said something very lightly that I couldn't hear it.

"What?"

"Nothing."

"Hmm"

We had our lunch in a restaurant nearby and then Shawn told me that he would drop me home despite my cotinuous argument. On our way back, I called mom and dad to tell them that I was okay and was going home. I knew that they won't be ecstatic about what happened today not because I messed up at school but because I messed up with my emotions. Still after mustering all the courage I called them.

"Hey! Mom and dad."

"Don't hey us, miss," mom said with the exact tone I expected." You know how worried I was when your dad called me and said that the school informed him that you ran from there."

"I am sorry mom. I just," before I could complete my sentence dad did it like reading my mind.

"Wanted to show us that you can handle it, so we won't be sad or worried. We know honey. But it's okay to take time to heal baby. You don't need to hurry," my eyes started getting teary after hearing him.

"Your dad is right. Take your time. However much you need."

"Thank you guys. I love you both," I said in a sobbing tone.

"Now, don't you cry. Okay. We will see you at home. Just go home and rest," dad said.

"Okay. I will see you at home."

I ended the call and looked at Shawn who was already looking at me.

"I am fine."

"I didn't say anything."

"But you were looking at me like that."

"Like what."

"Like you were gonna ask that."

"Good at reading people huh Cooper. Nice."

"Whatever. Focus on driving please."

We reached home and I asked Shawn to just drop me there but he insisted of walking with me to the door. I was really sad today and secretly wanted someone to be with me and luckily Shawn did. So, I was really thankful to him.
We reached the door," I will see you tomorrow at school then, Cooper. Take care and don't cry now."

"I won't and I just wanted to thank you for today. It was really nice of you to do what you did."

"I told you I would be there to keep you company when you wanna cry," he again made me speechless and flustered with his words.
"So, don't cry ever and if after everything, you still want to. You know who to call," and with that he did something really shocking he hugged me.

I was so startled by the hug that I couldn't process what was happening. Maybe he also realised what he did and started releasing me but what we didn't realise was how close our faces came because of that.

We both were unable to think properly I guess because Shawn started to lean his face towards me and I like an idiot closed my eyes.

We could have done something we both would regret but Jer saved the day. He came out of nowhere and hugged me. I couldn't thank him more or appreciate his presence in my life than today. Hadn't he came we would have kissed. Oh god, oh God that was crazy.

"You alright," he asked with full on caring brother mode and grabbed my face and started to look as if I was in an accident or something.

"Jer, I was not in an accident. Why are you inspecting my face and everything," I said lightly laughing.

"Don't you dare laugh. You know how worried I was when Amanda told me you came to school and then I got to know you ran away crying," here goes his angry plus caring brother mode.

"I am sorry about that. I won't do it again plus Shawn was with me the whole time," I pointed towards Shawn whom we both completely ignored a while ago.

Shawn waved his hand and then Her realised we had company.

"Thank you man. I owe you one for today," Jer told Shawn with full sincerity.

"It's okay man. I am her friend too," Shawn said looking a little annoyed but trying hard to not show.

"Okay guys. I will see you tomorrow then. Right now I have to go inside and face my punishment," I was talking about Amanda. God knows how much angry she must be and as if God wanted to have laugh on me, I didn't realise the door being opened while I was saying the sentence and came a voice.

"If you are that scared, then why do you do something so stupid."

"Hy! Amanda," I gave her a weird smile.

"Don't hy me you. I was so worried. I only had some peace when Shawn messaged me that you were all okay and was in tbe temple."

I looked at Shawn and then her.

"I am okay and I promise all of you, I won't do anything like this before."

After that the boys went to their homes and Amanda and I went inside. She asked me to have some rest as I must to tired. I felt so lucky that time that I got so many people to care about me. They get angry at me because they care.

                       Shawn's POV

After lunch, I insisted to drop Trisha home though she was persistent that she would go by herself but I wanted to see her going inside her home by myself. After reaching to her house, I once again asked to see her to the door. When we teacher her house, I bid her goodbye," I will see you tomorrow at school then, Cooper. Take care and don't cry now."

"I won't and I just wanted to thank you for today. It was really nice of you to do what you did," I was just happy that I could be a part of her life that I was able to be there when she needed someone.

"I told you I would be there to keep you company when you wanna cry. So, don't cry ever and if after everything, you still want to. You know who to call," and with that I  did something that even I knew I shouldn't have done. I hugged her.

She was so startled by the hug, I could feel it by how her body reacted. I realised what I did and started releasing her but what we didn't realise was how close our faces came because of that.

When I looked at her face, I don't know what happened to me. My mind stopped functioning properly and I started to lean my face towards her. What was more shocking was that she also closed her eyes. Maybe she was too startled by everything. We were too close and then suddenly I was sided by someone and that someone hugged Trisha. It took me a few seconds to process everything and then I realised it was non other than Jeremy.

He was hugging her, grabbing her face, checking her to see if she was hurt and asking how she was and telling how much worried he was. They both were so engrossed in their talk they complete ignored me.

I mean I get it, Jeremy is their neighbour and all but why does he always gets so touchy with Trisha and she also doesn't mind it. She was so startled by me hugging her just earlier.

After their sweet talk(note the sarcasm), they finally realised that they had compay. I waved my hand to show that yes I am here too Jeremy.

"Thank you man. I owe you one for today," Jeremy said with full sincerity.

"It's okay man. I am her friend too," I  said now a little annoyed but I tried hard to not show.

"Okay guys. I will see you tomorrow then. Right now I have to go inside and face my punishment," Trisha said and I looked at her thinking what she was talking about but my question was answered right away when I heard Amanda's voice

"If you are that scared, then why do you do something so stupid."

"Hy! Amanda," Trisha gave her a weird smile.

"Don't hy me you. I was so worried. I only had some peace when Shawn messaged me that you were all okay and was in tbe temple."

She looked at me and then her.

"I am okay and I promise all of you, I won't do anything like this before."

After that the girls went inside and we both also went out ways. When I reached home, mom was there looking a little angry and turned out that the school informed her about my little stunt today but she calmed down when I told her everything.

Later at night after dinner I thought about everything that happened today and one thing was clear, I feel something different for Trisha, that she is not just a friend. Today, seeing her cry made me realise something. I like her more than I thought. I don't want her to be just a friend.
Today when I saw her crying, it hurt me. I felt so awful and helpless. I just wanted to comfort her,tell her that I am there for you. The relief I felt after seeing her smile and the proud feeling I had knowing that I was the one making her smile, it made me realise how strong my feelings are for her. But I also know that she doesn't feel that way atleast not how I do. So, I won't just say it so soon. I will wait for the right time and tell her about my feelings.

                         Trisha's POV

After the boys left, Amanda and I had some serious talk about today. She was angry with me and she had every right to be. But seeing her like that, I hugged her and somehow managed to reconcile with her. Then she asked me to have some rest.

At night, mom and dad too had a talk with me but it was not scolding but more like pep talk. After dinner, I messaged all my friends telling them that I was okay and would tell them everything some other day. I then sat and started writing about today in my diary and my mind wondered to that almost kiss and what would have happened if Jer wouldn't have come. I jerked my head to stop thinking anything nonsense. But other than that Shawn was too good today. The way he consoled me, made me smile, it was really sweet of him. But I can't think of him more than a friend. After putting all these thoughts aside, I went to sleep as I will have a hard day tomorrow explaining people my behavior of today.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.7K 1.3K 25
He was my first love . And he is my husband now . But we had a not so planned wedding. (Okay I suck at the description as this is my first time. But...
19.1K 1.8K 72
" An Indian story background, but Non - Indians can easily connect with it." Ahana Kapoor and Arhaan Malhotra. Two best friends, who've been together...
18.7K 699 28
"Arranged?." I asked. "Yes. " She replied. There comes a time in your life when you feel utterly guilty of leading a life you never wanted. But the...
10.1K 727 19
Like every other Indian teenager with strict parents, Divya's love life is a mess, not because she can't date but because she has shitty taste in men...