Entangled Knot

By _manan__

They say that being grown-up means you have survived at least three disasters and one apocalypse. Quite often... More

Author's Note
Characters sketch
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Author note
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Author's Note
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 15

2K 260 52
By _manan__

Uffff...😮‍💨 finally completed. Here is the next update. Happy reading ❤️

Nandini's PoV

I was unhappy to be here at the hospital. But I didn't express my feelings to anyone. I never liked to stay at the hospital because it reminded me only of those bad memories. The one's which I was fighting hard to forget. But staying here remained a lot about those memories. I was just wanted to go home and have a relax sleep. I wanted to stay away from Aryaman. Whenever he comes into my life, it will end up in some tragedy. So I didn't leave bhai to go away from me. Because I know when I am with bhai he will never come near me.

Though Abhi bhai was there for me, I missed them. My papa and maa. Whenever they came near me I pushed them away. The things that happened in the past didn't allow me to accept them. But in reality, I needed them the more. I wanted them to stay by my side. Everyone came to visit me but whenever someone came inside my room I wished that person to be my maa. I missed her the most. Every day Tarak and Mukthi will come to visit me. Their company made me feel at home. They would do something crazy to cheer me up. Their little efforts to support me made my heart smile. I forget about Aryaman because of them. At nights I found it hard to survive those nightmares but when I see their happy faces in the morning I will forget all those and enjoy my day with them. Twisha would join us at times. Even though I hated to stay at the hospital I managed there with the help of them.

One night I had the worst nightmare. That one replayed the events that happened in my life

"I am sorry Nandu." I cried when I heard this voice.

"You did a mistake and you deserve a punishment for that."

"You proved that our upbringing was wrong."

"We are married but that doesn't mean  I have to accept you as my wife. Who knows you might be a gold digger?"

"stay away from me and things related to me."

"You are responsible for that incident."

TAP...Suddenly I felt a touch on my shoulder but I ignored that.

"Stay away from m-"

TAP, TAP, TAP........

Then I felt someone shaking me very hard and calling my name. When I opened my eyes I was relieved that it was just a dream. But I didn't notice the presence of Manik. But when he said everything was fine I looked up at him. I looked into his eyes. The eyes where I had seen the anger for me before reflected a glint of care now. His dark black eyes held concern.

He suddenly wrapped him around me and his warm hands stroked my back. For a second I found comfort in his warmth but when I remembered his words, I loosed my senses and pushed him away from me. He stepped back with a shocked reaction. His words were continuously running in my mind. I shouted at him and asked him to leave from there. Two minutes later a nurse came inside. That's when I realised I had fallen off the bed. She helped me to settle in the bed and went out. I couldn't continue my sleep because I was afraid that the dream may come again. After a lot of thinking, I closed my eyes to calm myself down. But as soon as I closed my eyes, his eyes and his hug flashed before my eyes. His hug made me feel something. His warm embrace calmed me. I don't know why I felt that way. But it was different.

After some time Abhi bhai came inside, "Nandu are you fine? Manik said you fell down from the bed. Is everything ok now? Do you feel any pain? Shall I call the doctor? You should be careful. And if you need something you should have called for help. You-"

I stopped him and said, "Bhai relax I am fine now. Unknowingly I fell down. Already a nurse came and checked me. Nothing to worry about."

"But please be careful. Now only your wounds are healing, if you stress yourself again it will take a lot of time to recover," he said worriedly.

"Bhai I am fine. Don't worry...Cheer up, tomorrow is my discharge date. We can go home. I am happy as I am going to leave this hell. Don't spoil my mood and hereafter I will be careful." I assured him.

In real, I felt a little pain in my legs. But I didn't tell him that because if I inform bhai about my leg pain then I am cent per cent sure that it will result in a bad way. That is my stay at the hospital will increase. Then after talking with him for some time, I drifted off to sleep.

The next day in the morning when I woke up I felt more pain. I saw bhai sleeping on the couch. I found it hard to even lift my leg. "Ouchh!!" I literally shouted in a loud voice as I tried moving my leg.

Hearing my voice bhai woke up and came near me, "Nandu, what happened?"

"Nothing" I tried diverting him but failed as he noticed my swollen leg.

"Nandu see your leg. Yesterday I asked you whether you feel any pain. At that time you denied it. But now see your leg is swollen. Wait I am calling a doctor now." he said strictly.

But I tried stopping him, "Bhai it's nothing. I am fi-"

He interrupted me in the middle and said, "Stop saying I am fine. I know you're not fine and I am gonna get the doctor now." Then he went out to call the doctor.

The doctor came and examined me. Then he told me that my discharge had been extended as my legs were swollen. I already know this will surely end up like this. I tried my best to reject that but I couldn't do anything because of Abhi bhai. One glare from him was enough for me to shut my mouth. He was a bit stubborn regarding this. They changed my cast as my leg got swollen. Then Mukthi and Tarak came. I spent my whole day with them.

Later in the evening while having a normal chat with bhai, he suddenly asked, "How was your life going before I came here?"

I became confused at his question and said, "umm...bhai you know about that right. I already told you about that in the calls. It was good. I had a good time with Mukthi, Tarak, Twisha and the office was a bit hectic. Twisha got a job and her boyfriend-"

"I am asking about your life. I want your honest answers, Nandu."

At the time I understood his question and said "Bhai I am serious. It was good." I know he is asking regarding Manik and the marriage thing. But I didn't answer him because I didn't want to talk about that. And I don't want him to worry about me.

"I know Nandu, you understood what I am talking about but you will never disclose the truth to me. I didn't say or ask anything to you before because I wanted you to recover first. But now I wanna say this first of all I am sorry for not being there with you. I know you have undergone many things in my absence. And I know you will not say anything about that too. Every time don't push yourself and behave like you're fine. And one main thing is don't avoid anyone. I know you will not do anything to hurt others. But realise the situation of others too. It may not be too late to accept something that is fixed for you. Give yourself a chance to accept the changes around you. Don't do things that you'll regret later. Even if it's someone you hate, turning your back on someone for good will bring more sadness to you than you think."

From his words, I understood he was talking about me accepting the relationship but he didn't know the real situation that happened. I didn't have the interest to continue over this topic so I bobbed my head silently and started changing the topic. Then he went out to attend a call. I know who it was. It must be my maa.

That night I had a bad dream. When I woke up in the middle of the night, I saw manik sleeping in a chair opposite to me.

I felt thirsty. When I tried to get some water the glass got slipped and fell on the floor. Due to that sound, Manik woke up. When he saw me he said "Heyy...Wait let me help you."

He came and poured me a glass of water. When he forwarded the glass I looked at him. "Ummm...Abhi had a headache so he is sleeping. So I was here. If you want I will stay outside." he explained in a low voice. I got the glass from him and drank it.

"Can you call a nurse? I need some help from her." I told him in a blank voice.

"Okay" then he went out. Two minutes later a nurse came inside. After helping me she went out. Then manik came inside and sat opposite to me. The situation became uneasy. It was very uncomfortable for me to sit under his gaze. None of us spoke anything.

Then he suddenly said, "If you are not comfortable I will stay outside. Call me when you need something."

"Sorry," I told him as I felt bad for shouting at him yesterday. I know he tried to help me only. But I shouted at him unnecessarily.

he looked at me confused, " huh?"

"I said I am sorry for shouting at you the other day."

"U-mm...No problem. I am also sor-" when he was saying something Abhi bhai came inside. He looked at us with a shocked face, "Is everything okay guys?" Manik told him everything was fine and went out.

Bhai again asked him about that "what happened?". I just shrugged my shoulders and said, "Nothing". Then I continued my sleep.

Author's PoV

Nandini's stay at the hospital continued for another week. The Malhotra's helped Nandini a lot during her stay. This paved a way for her to come close with them. She created a good bond with them. Manik went to his office in the daytime and stayed at the hospital at night. But not even for once he went inside her room. He stayed outside her room. His guilt didn't allow him to see her. Guilt was eating up him. Even though he found it hard to manage his work and hospital, He continued staying at the hospital. Nyonika asked Manik to come home but he refused that. She understood her son's feelings and left him the way he wanted to handle the situation. Manik didn't dare to go and stand in front of Nandini but at times he took glances at her.

One day he saw Nandini pleading to Abhi. "Bhai please, please. This is awful. Give me some other thing. I am begging you."

"No nandu you're going to eat that only," Abhi replied in a strict voice.

"Bhai this hospital food sucks. It's tasteless. I am tired of it. This is making me feel like a sick which I am not. I agree I am the patient here but I injured my legs, not my stomach. Please bhai I don't want this." she pleaded.

"No means no. You're gonna eat that only." 

She huffed at his reply and said, "I know it's a waste of time to beg you for this. Give my phone."

" For what purpose?" Abhi asked.

"I am going to call Tarak. He will definitely bring something for me to eat. I am not going to eat this tasteless thing." Manik laughed at her reply because she correctly guessed whom to call at this time. Because Tarak was the one who will help them to do all the devilish things. If Manik's mom restricts them not to do something. Tarak will be the first one to break that.

"Not possible," said Abhi.

She rolled her eyes and said, "Okay fine. I will ask him tomorrow. He will come in the morning I will ask him at that time."

"What will you do now?" Abhi asked with a smirk on his face.

"Fasting. Good night." she smiled and laid down on her bed and pretended to sleep.

Abhi looked at her for some time and called her. But she didn't respond to him. Abhi became annoyed and said, "Fine, you win. I will get something for you to eat."

She woke up hurriedly and showed her teeth."Thank you bhai". Manik laughed at her actions. Then manik realized Abhi's words. She is way more stubborn than he thinks.
____________________________

Thank you for reading ❤️✨
Please vote, share and comment.

Author's note*
Hey guys, My book has reached 7.8k+ reads and 1.2k+ votes😍. Thanks to each one of you for the wonderful support guys.❤️🤗 Please encourage me with your votes and comments.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 7.7K 50
Separated by the destiny, connected by their hearts! Their story was like a half crescent moon, Incomplete, yet Beautiful! Dive into this romantic sa...
416K 34.9K 37
Sometimes, unexpected marriages end up being the most fulfilling ones, defying initial expectations and leading to beautiful journeys together. Same...
2.9M 227K 52
"To all the hopeless romantic souls who wholeheartedly believe that destiny weaves the most beautiful love stories, this book is dedicated to your un...
67.5K 4.3K 38
Manik-Nandini, Cabir-Navya were two couples madly in love with eachother. what will happen if destiny plays a cruel game on them and both the couples...