Booth Three

By frangipanii

#3 CHICKLIT ❤️ #2 MILLIONAIRE ❤️ Amelia Bradshaw is barely getting by. Her apartment is falling apart, her f... More

Blurb
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
Epilogue - Coming next week
Epilogue

17

2K 82 2
By frangipanii

I never should've agreed to this. I thought it would be good. We could get it over and done with and I could use the opportunity to figure out how serious Diego is about us. By the looks of things, he's very serious. But the perspective of his family would definitely be useful. I'm starting to think it's not worth it, though. I was fine in the car, but now that we're actually on the property, I'm not so sure.

The place is huge. It's surrounded by a tall, brick wall, but I can't even see where it ends. The house isn't in view yet, either. All I can see is the garden, and it's big — a football field to the left and another to the right. No, more than that. It's like a national park, except the grass is perfectly cut and there's not a leaf out of place.

It's more well-kept than my apartment. Not Diego's, though. His place is spotless. We spent most of the day there. It was a mess when we left, but he assured me his cleaner would be stopping by, anyway. He's been so considerate all day. He's always considerate.

I didn't expect us to spend the full day together, even after he invited me to his family dinner. I'm glad we did, though. It definitely worked to my advantage. There's no way I could meet the Ferrari family without looking my best. I had to shower and bathe the girls, too. If Diego hadn't invited us over to his place, we would've had to go to Karla's.

Diego's apartment is exactly what I expected — a luxury penthouse suite in the heart of Soho. It has five bedrooms, six bathrooms, three living rooms, a theatre room, a massive terrace, and only one resident. He's definitely made it his own, though. It's not as white and bright as the apartment he got me. His has a lot more dark tones — blacks, greys, and silver highlights. It's far more masculine. The girls had a blast running through the place. Diego played hide and seek with them while I showered. He found Penny crying in the wardrobe of an empty bedroom. She got lost and couldn't find her way back. Diego is good with them, though. By the time I'd gotten out of the shower, she was back to running around. I wouldn't have even known she cried if he hadn't told me.

"Look!" Hayley calls from the back seat. "It's a castle!"

Sure enough, the house has finally come into view. And it is a castle. It's massive. It looks like a combination of Versailles and the house from The Great Gatsby. It's beautiful. I'm surprised it's not a museum. It's... incredible.

"You grew up here?" I ask Diego.

"Yep," he nods. "My dad built this house for my mum. They got engaged here, too."

"That's pretty cool."

It would be a dream of mine to have that for the girls — one stable home in their life that they could keep coming back to, one consistent place for them.

Diego brings the car to a stop, parking alongside an orange sports car. There are a few other cars out here, each looking more luxurious than the next.

"Are you ready?" Diego turns my way.

"No," I shake my head. I wasn't even this nervous for our first date.

"It'll be okay," he puts his hand on my leg. "Everyone will love you."

"They do know we're coming, right?"

"Of course," he nods. "I texted mum this morning."

"Okay, good."

"We can leave whenever you want, okay? All you have to do is ask."

"Alright," I nod. "Just don't leave me alone with your parents in case it's awkward, okay?"

"Okay," he chuckles. "I'll stay by your side."

"Good," I take one final deep breath. "I'm ready to go now."

"Alright. I'll help you with the girls."

We both step out of the car and start unbuckling the girls. I fiddle with Penny's car seat while Diego helps Hayley down. That girl is far too excited. She jumps out of the car tugs Diego with her towards the house.

"I want to see the castle too," Penny mumbles.

"You both get to see the castle, honey, I promise," I put her down on the ground, but make sure to hold her hand in case she falls over. Now is not the time for gashes and bleeding.

"Hurry, Penny!" Hayley calls out to her sister.

"Mimi, pick up!" Penny pulls at my arm.

"Use your words, sweetie," I instruct.

"Please!" is all she says, but that's good enough for me. She'll only get frustrated if she tries to say a full sentence when she's so focused on seeing the house. I pick her up and place her on my hip. We meet Hayley and Diego at the base of the front steps.

"I wanna see the castle!" Hayley jumps up and down.

"We will, honey, but you need to calm down a little first, okay?" I tell her. I told like telling her to calm down. I totally understand why she's excited, and she should be able to show that excitement, but I don't want Diego's family to be annoyed at us. I want to make a good first impression. I want them to think I have my shit together.

"How about we just settle down first, huh?" Diego crouches down to her level. "If we get too excited, we might lose all our energy before we get to go on a tour of the castle."

"I want to go on a tour of the castle," she pouts.

"Then let's settle down, okay?" Diego gets back up, unbothered by Hayley's body wrapped around his leg.

"We have to be on our best behaviour, alright, girls?" I tell them. "No running or touching anything, and we have to use our manners when we talk to others. Can you do that?"

"Yes, Mimi," Hayley nods her little head, and I can feel Penny nodding, too.

"Alright," I turn to Diego. He reaches out to me, running his hand through my hair to the base of my neck.

"Are you ready?" he asks.

"Let's do it," I nod. We walk up the steps to the front door. It really does feel like a castle. I swear their porch is bigger than my apartment. Diego turns the handle and pushes the door open. He motions for me to step inside, so I do.

I feel like an ant. That's how big this place is. The foyer is decorated with marble floors and a modern, gold chandelier, hanging above a double staircase. It extends in all directions, with what looks like a dining room on the right, a living area on the left, and another one behind the stairs. They're all separated by doors, but they're made of glass.

"It's so big!" Hayley gasps, eyeing the place in awe. "It's like an ice rink!"

"It is, isn't it?" Diego responds. He walks up behind me, wrapping his arm around my waist.

"It's so nice," I tell him. "I can't believe you've lived here all your life."

"You could live in a place just like this."

"I wouldn't even know how," I snicker. He leans in to whisper something in my ear, but he's interrupted by a new voice.

"Diego? Is that you?" a woman appears from behind the stairs. I recognise her right away as Lucy Ferrari, Diego's mother. Just as I thought, she appears well-put-together. She's wearing a beautiful green wrap dress with a pair of white sneakers. There's a thin layer of makeup on her face, and her hair drapes loosely to her shoulders. Her lips turn up into an excited smile when her eyes land on me. "You must be Amelia!"

"Hi," I meet her smile. "It's nice to meet you."

"Oh, I've heard so much about you! I was just over the moon when Diego told me you'd be joining us," she opens her arms wide, embracing me in a welcoming hug.

"Thank you for having us over."

"Nonsense! You're welcome here anytime, love," she releases me from her grip, turning her attention to Penny. "And who do we have here?"

"This is Penny," I introduce her. "Can you say hi, honey?"

"Hi," Penny mumbles quietly, nuzzling her head into my hair.

"Hi, Penny. My name is Lucy," she says. "You look lovely today in your pink dress."

"Say thank you," I tell her, but she shakes her head. "Sorry, she's a bit shy."

"That's okay. I'd be a little shy too," she laughs. She turns towards Diego and Hayley, giving her son a brief kiss before turning to my daughter. She bends down to her level. "And who are you?"

"I'm Hayley and I'm five," she grins widely, holding up five of her fingers.

"Wow! Five already?"

"Uhm-hmm. I'm almost big enough for big kid school!"

"That's exciting!" Lucy says. "Do you want to come to meet some more big kids?"

"Yes!" she gasps. "Can I, Mimi?"

"Of course, sweets," I laugh. "Go ahead."

She finally lets go of Diego's hand and takes Lucy's instead. The two of them walk into the back room.

"That wasn't too bad, was it?" Diego asks.

"No, your mum's sweet," I smile.

"She's the best," he nods. "My siblings should be in the next room, and I have a lot of them, so don't worry about remembering everyone's names, okay?"

"Alright," I laugh. I don't think that'll be an issue, though. It's not like I haven't been hearing about them my whole life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9M 163K 33
BLS #2 Sky Locason Billionare that never fail to make girls knee go weak. He has the charm that everyone envy. Hates everyone who tried to hurt his f...
6.6K 865 22
Shy and successful Broadway singer, Carmen, is finally at the point in her career where she is auditioning for her dream role. After meeting Owen at...
1.6M 48.8K 58
Kara is a struggling restaurant owner in the most famous city. Her father taught her everything he knew about the business. She learned from her mo...
712K 30K 36
Isabella was not interested in falling in love. Marco was not looking for a relationship. The perfect combination for a foolproof agreement. Right? ...