Love and the White Wolf - Boo...

Per SJSmith56

The memoirs of Gail Barnes, wife of James Buchanan Barnes aka The Winter Soldier aka The White Wolf. From th... Més

1. Random Attack
2. The Handsome Man
3. Revelation
4. Beginnings
5. Turning Point
6. Love Takes Root
7. Highs and Lows and Highs
8. Together
9. Wedding Plans
10. Pre-wedding Preparations
11. Wedding Rehearsal Day (Sexual content)
12. Wedding Vows and Michael Bublé
13. The Honeymoon Part 1 - Brooklyn
14. The Honeymoon Part 2 - Wakanda
15. The Honeymoon Part 3 - Wakanda
16. The Honeymoon Part 4 - Wakanda, Art, and Gin Rummy
17. Relationship Issues
18. Mile High (Sexual content)
19. Back to Brooklyn (Sexual content)
20. A Day in New York
21. Goodbye Hello
22. Closure
23. Finally Home (Sexual content)
24. Dog Days of Summer (Sexual content)
25. Into the Fall (Sexual content)
26. A Safe Place (Sexual content)
27. The Insider Tour
28. Taking a Breather
30. Between Life and Death
31. Stargazing (Sexual content)
32. Trail of Breadcrumbs (Sexual content)
33. All the Drama

29. Seeking Information (Violent content causing injury and death)

55 2 0
Per SJSmith56

In the small conference room were Nick Fury, Sam, Peter, Scott, Maria Hill, and Joaquin Torres (who was now The Falcon).  They were looking at images of the two men I had seen following me.  The images were from Interpol and identified one as a known Islamist terrorist from Chechnya, Aslanbek Khasan, also known as the Lion Master.  He was known to have participated in at least one hostage taking that ended bloody, and implicated in several more.  The other man was a former Israeli soldier, Aryeh Dan, kicked out of the army, then charged and found guilty for the rape and murder of two Israeli teenagers, which he tried to blame on a Palestinian youth.  He had escaped custody and was rumoured to be working as a mercenary.  It was noted that both men's first names meant "lion" in their respective languages.  The symbolism of sending two lions to stalk me was an indication of their plans for me.  I was prey, food for the lions.

There was more.  Both men had been spotted outside the building where we lived.  This information had been provided by Oeznik who had stayed to monitor these two individuals.  There was no indication the men knew we were gone.  The security team had placed surveillance cameras inside our apartment but there were no signs of forced entry.

"In light of the dangerous nature of these two individuals I think we should consider taking the fight to them," said Fury. "Who wants to go lion hunting?"

I didn't want him to go but I knew James would volunteer.  His stone face confirmed that he planned to be there.  Peter couldn't go as he was still wanted by the authorities.  So Sam, Scott, and Torres were assigned with Maria acting as supervisor at an HQ set up at the local military  base.  A squad of marines were to be made available as backup.  The men, once captured, would be interrogated at the base.  They would not be allowed anywhere near Avengers HQ. 

Wheels up was in three hours, they would land at the base two hours after liftoff.  Word was sent to Oeznik to rendezvous with the team at 04:00 to provide additional intel and assist in planning the capture. He responded affirmatively.  They would meet in the park where we often walked Rowdy.

There was nothing sexy about James changing into his work clothes this time.  The other missions objectives had been unknown to me before he left.  This time I knew exactly who he was going up against and I was terrified.  He packed his knives harness but he also packed his firearms harness.  For him to use a gun was a big deal.  I said nothing to him but I knew he could read the feelings on my face as easily as I could his.  When he finished he sat on the chair and patted his lap.  I sat on him and he curled me up in his arms.  We sat there not talking until it was time to go to the armoury, where I wasn't allowed.  He lifted my face to his and gazed softly into my eyes before kissing me gently on the lips.

"I'll be home soon, I promise," he whispered. "I love you so much."

He stood up still holding me before settling me gently on the chair.  Then he slung his go bag over his shoulder and walked out.  I burst into tears and cried on the bed for an hour.  I realized I had missed supper but I wasn't hungry.  Still, I had to have something.  Before I could call Simmons there was a knock on the door.  He was there holding a tray with a choice of sandwiches, a glass of skim milk and chocolate cake.  He carried it carefully in and put it on the table.

"Sarge said to look after you while he was on mission.  I wasn't sure what kind of sandwiches you like so I got you egg salad, turkey breast, and peanut butter and jelly.  He said you prefer skim milk and I figured most women like chocolate cake," he breathlessly said.

I could have kissed him but I knew that would likely embarrass and fluster him.  Instead I thanked him and picked up half of the egg salad sandwich.  It was delicious and I ate the second half.  He hadn't eaten yet so I invited him to pick a sandwich for himself and got him a bottle of juice from the fridge.  We ate in silence.  I ate half the chocolate cake and drank all of the milk.

"Simmons, thank you very much," I said gratefully. "You'll make some lucky girl a good husband someday."

He blushed.

"Gotta have a girlfriend first before that happens," he said bashfully. "I'm in no rush.  I hear it took Sarge 75 years to find you and you two are perfect together, if you don't mind my saying."

"It took him 75 years but it only took me a few weeks to realize he was the one for me," I said. 

"Wow! That's fast," he exclaimed.  "People here were shocked how fast you two got engaged then married but I guess it doesn't matter if it's true love."

"It's worked so far," I said, "but the hard part is when he goes on mission."

"Well, whatever you need that will make it easier for you, I'm here to help," he said warmly.  "Are you going to watch the mission?"

"I'm thinking of it," I admitted.

"They will go live at 03:30," he announced.  "Friday can wake you up.  Anyways, I better get going with these dirty dishes."

He was gone and I was alone.  I fed Rowdy then took him outside to do his business.  It was dark outside but it was pleasantly warm and clear.  I wondered what the night sky would look like from that spot near the tree.  I remembered James telling me how his third date routine often involved a blanket and a dark private place.  I stopped to talk to the soldier on guard at the entrance.

"Excuse me soldier," I started, "are we permitted to go stargazing out by the big tree?"

"It's been known to happen ma'am," he said with a slight smile.  "The problem is the guards on the roof have night vision goggles, if you catch my drift."
"Yes, that is a problem," I replied with the same slight smile.

"Ma'am?" he said.  "There is a small concrete building just a bit further west of the tree.  It has no roof and the wall overlooking the valley is low.  It's a very pretty view at night.  There's a flag that you can pull across to block any ambient light from the side.  I'm sure Sarge would really like showing you the stars from there.  You just say the word and I can block the ambient light from here."

"Thank you....?" I asked.

"Dixon, ma'am, Corporal Dixon," he said. "Us enlisted guys like the Sarge.  He's a good man."

"Thank you, Corporal Dixon," I said warmly.  "You've been very helpful."

I went back to our rooms and got into bed. I asked Friday to wake me at 03:00.  Then I asked if she had any sound files to help me sleep.  She played the sounds of the ocean which lulled me into a dreamless sleep until the alarm went off.  I dressed in sweats and put some socks on.  I brought Rowdy with me and we settled on a soft chair in the gallery.  I saw blankets and cushions available so I grabbed one of each then settled in again.  Nick arrived with some technical staff.  I was alone until a sleepy Peter and Sarah showed up 5 minutes before they went live.  Sarah sat next to me complaining about the early hour.

When the team went live they started with video and comms checks.  Sam and Torres had video capability on their wings plus hi definition and infrared cameras on their Redwing units.  The marines all had video and infrared cameras mounted on their helmets.  All of them had comms units that would stay live for the duration.  Scott was his usual joking self.  It was strange seeing James and Sam prepare.  They had a bickering repartee that reminded me of the time they helped me move.  Even Sarah commented about it.  We hadn't realized this was part of their pregame routine.  The insults, quips and banter was their way of getting their heads straight before they buckled down to work.  Finally, Maria said "let's do this" and Sam and Torres flew off.  James drove himself and Scott in a Jeep.  The marines followed in two armoured personnel carriers.  They would hold several blocks away.  Local law enforcement had been notified the night before to quietly evacuate the building where we lived and all surrounding buildings.  Their tactical unit was then activated and were to hold pending the intel update with Oeznik. 

Sam and Torres reported a vehicle parked at the park.  It matched the description of Oeznik's vehicle but he wasn't in it.  They both activated their Redwing infrared cameras and sent them searching for the old man.  They found him crawling about a block away, trailing blood.  He heard the units and in his own blood wrote the word "trap" on the sidewalk before collapsing.  Sam reported "Contact down, repeat contact down."  Torres did a visual check of the neighbourhood reporting multiple gunmen on the rooftops.  One took a shot at him which he reported. 

Maria called for a regroup two blocks away with the marines and police tactical unit.  Scott volunteered to shrink down and be dropped on a roof with a gunman to try and get an idea what they were facing.  Then suddenly a Redwing unit reported that one of the gunmen was calling for a parley with the criminal James Barnes.  The gunman was identified as Aryeh Dan, the former Israeli soldier.  James agreed to do it.  The police wanted him to wear a bulletproof vest which he refused as it was too restricting and hampered his knife throwing.  He convinced them he was fast enough to dodge bullets.  

James ran to the parley location, a plaza about a block from our place fully armed with guns and knives.  Dan was already there, also armed to the teeth. 

Dan:  You are the criminal known as James Barnes?

James:  I am Barnes and I was pardoned.  You are the convicted rapist and murderer Aryeh Dan.

Dan:   I am the lion that hunts you and your harlot wife.  The abomination she carries must be destroyed.

James:  Well that's not going to happen.

Dan:  It must or we will open a river of blood right here.

James:  That's being a bit dramatic, don't you think?

Dan:  You doubt our dedication to this holy mission?

James:  It's a holy mission now?  That's weird coming from two enemies working together to kill a pregnant woman and her unborn child.

Dan:  Why do you doubt me, you spawn of Satan?

James:  That's a new one.  I'll add it to the Winter Soldier, the Dark One, and my personal favourite, Asshole From Hell.

Dan:  I should shoot you now, Barnes.

James:  I'd have already vacated the premises before you lifted your gun.

Dan:  I gave you a chance Barnes, now you must die.

James:  Oops, too late jackass.  While you've been blabbing your bullshit to me the police tactical unit have every one of your sorry ass comrades targeted with head shots.  Give up now and you can spend the rest of your life staring at four walls wondering where you went wrong. Or you don't give up and that red targeting laser that you see on your chest will go up to your brain and guide a bullet into it.  Your call, numb nuts.

For a few seconds it was thought Dan wouldn't give up.  Then he lay his gun down and put his hands up.  Two marines came up to disarm him.  Suddenly he pulled a device out his sleeve and cracked it.  As he cracked it James punched Dan in the chest with his vibranium arm sending him backwards about 20 feet.  The device exploded and James and the two marines went flying.  On the screen all I saw was a bright white flash.  I heard several "man down" calls.  I stood up putting my hand to my throat.  Sarah had her arm around me.  Peter was gulping and trying to act brave.  Sam landed in the plaza and went to the three men.  He called for a medic.  The other marines were making their way to the rooftops to take custody of the gunmen.  Torres supervised that process.  Scott ran to the plaza to where Sam was kneeling beside James, who wasn't moving.  Nick Fury poked his head in and told Sarah to take me back to the room.  I refused to go and Peter tried to convince me to listen.  I yelled that I wouldn't go anywhere until I knew what happened to James.  They gave up and I stood for what seemed like hours but was only ten minutes.  Then the feet moved and Sam moved forward to help James sit up, then stand up, brushing him off in the process.  His face and jacket front were covered in the remains of the late Aryeh Dan.  James comms were down but Sam looked at Redwing and said, "Gail, he's okay, just a little banged up".  I started to laugh and cry at the same time.  Sarah and Peter both hugged me.  Nick Fury just looked at me hard then looked back at the screen. 

Torres flew over to the park and reported that Oeznik was still alive.  A medic was dispatched.  A head count of the captured gunmen revealed that Aslanbek Khasan, the Lion Master was still at large. 

Final tally: one dead terrorist, one wounded old man, 2 slightly wounded marines, 1 slightly wounded Avenger, 8 gunmen arrested.

We heard several marines and police tactical unit members come over to shake the hand of one tough son-of-a-bitch.  James didn't say much in return.  I don't think he saw his actions as heroic, just as something necessary.  The police captain offered James a job which he declined saying "you guys do this sort of thing every day, I couldn't handle that".  Finally, it was just the Avengers left.  Scott was saying, "I think you've got a bit of brain on your forehead" to which James replied "I think he was trying to give me a piece of his mind".  The other guys all groaned and they started to leave.  Sam signed off for everyone but indicated they would check on Oeznik and report later.  The screens went black.

Now I went back to my room.  I didn't take my sweats off, I just burrowed under the blankets.  I wanted to sleep and it was past 10:30 when I woke up.   I was alone.

"Friday, has my husband returned yet?" I asked. 

"No, Mrs. Barnes, the transport is enroute.  ETA is 30 minutes," it replied.

I quickly showered and changed into something pretty.  Expecting to see Rowdy I saw a note from Simmons apologizing for entering our quarters while I slept but he heard the dog whining when he brought me breakfast.  He took the dog for a walk.  A brown lunch bag was under the note.  Inside was a bran muffin, an apple and banana.  He had put my milk in the fridge. I ate the banana and drank the milk quickly. 

"Simmons, you are my favourite orderly," I said out loud.

I took the lunch bag with me and went down to the garage area.  If a mission ended with no casualties it was customary for as many staff as possible to greet the returning team.  It was seen as a bonding moment.  The garage was already full and the only place I saw open was on an already crowded stairwell.  I felt a hand on my arm and turned to see Corporal Dixon.

"Come with me," he smiled.

He led me through the crowd to a spot near an entrance I didn't know about.

"Make way for Sarge's wife," he yelled and the people parted.  "This is the best place for you.  He'll see you right away."

I thanked him and he melted back into the crowd.  The atmosphere was almost party like.  Which was strange considering the mission was only partly successful.  Someone touched my arm again.  It was Nick Fury and he actually smiled at me.  He leaned over and spoke loudly.

"You're made of steel, Gail" he yelled.  "I'll never ask you to leave the gallery again."

Before I could reply the transports from the air strip arrived.  They were followed by an ambulance.  The first transport arrived with Maria, Sam and James.  The second transport with Scott and Torres stopped behind them.  The ambulance waited.  The Avenger team emerged from their vehicles to applause and cheering.  They stood in front of Fury.

"Well a partial victory is still a victory," said Fury to everyone.  "There are nine terrorists off the street, one meeting his maker, and one left to find.  Let's keep our eyes on the prize and find Aslanbek Khasan.  Welcome back team.  Debriefing in 30, and I want Gail there."

He made eye contact with me then turned and left.  The team had their go bags and were trying to wade through the people.  James had eyes only for me.  When he finally reached me he put his go bag down and lifted me up at the waist so I was at eye level with him.  His eyebrows were a little singed and his face had small cuts from the explosion. Holding me close he kissed me long and sweetly much to the delight of the people nearby.  There were some "yeah Sarge" comments.  Sam squeezed by and shook his head in mock disgust.

"You'd think they had never seen anyone kiss before," he muttered with a smile.

James put me down and picked up his go bag, then took me by the hand.  It took ten minutes to get out of the garage area and into the hallway leading to our rooms.  As soon as we entered our rooms James spun me around and kissed me hard, backing me up against the wall.  He was aroused as I was also but he pushed himself away from me finally. 

"That dress is dangerous," he breathed, "but we don't have time to rip it off of you properly.  Now sit over there so I can compose myself."

I hadn't seen him this hot and bothered before and it was a bit of a turn on.

"It's just a blue summer dress," I said carefully.

"To anyone else, yes," he admitted. "But I'm a freak of nature, and it makes me want to fuck you and fuck you hard on the spot.  Please, go change and save it for another day."

I did as I was told and came back in jeans and a T-shirt.  He was seated on the chair holding his head in his hands.  He heard me come in and looked up.  Relief flooded his face.

"Thank you," he said. "That was the closest I felt to the breeding mode of the Winter Soldier since I broke free.  Honestly, I was terrified I was going to rape you.  I have to tell Shuri, something isn't right there."

I touched his arm and he flinched noticeably.  He started hyperventilating and looked at me helplessly as he began to shake violently.

"Friday," I yelled, "medical emergency!  James is having a seizure!"

Bruce's face showed up and he asked Friday for a visual of James. 

"Help is on the way," he said trying to sound calm. "Did he touch you?"

"We kissed," I replied.

"You get yourself here, now!" he ordered.

The medics had just arrived.  Bruce told them I needed to come in ASAP so they sent me out and called Simmons to escort me.  I met him in the hallway with Rowdy.  He went to take my arm and I wouldn't let him touch me.

"It's a poison or something absorbed through the skin," I gasped, starting to feel the effects. 

I kept walking but found my balance was affected.  I fell onto the floor.  The world was spinning and I watched as it spun into a tiny white dot then disappeared.

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

112K 5.1K 77
***Sexual scenes. Do not read if under 18*** Hydra took her as a child. She was their first experiment. The first Winter Soldier. The only one histor...
980 1 30
Captured by hydra to be the second Winter soldier, where you meet James Buchanan Barnes but will you both make it out and will you forgive yourself f...
4.4K 148 17
𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘰 𝘯. 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘯𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰 𝘪𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘸𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨-𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘢𝘵𝘵...
11.4K 446 37
In this slow burn Bucky fan fiction, Freya is the Goddess of Love. With a complicated past she moves in with the Avengers and meets James Buchanan Ba...