Log Horizon: Alien Chronicles...

By Auto-nin

-Updated on Fridays- On the day the twelve expansion, Homesteading in the Noosphere, of Elder Tales launched... More

Ch.1 Edited
Ch.2
Ch.3
Ch.4
Ch.5
Ch.6
Ch.7
Ch.8
Ch.9
Ch.10
Ch.11
Ch.12
Ch.13
Ch. 14
Ch.15
Ch.16
Ch.17
Ch. 18
Ch.19
Ch.20
Ch. 21
Ch.22
Ch.23
Ch.24
Ch.25
Ch.26
Ch.27
Ch. 28
Ch.30
Ch.31
Ch. 32
Ch.33
Ch.34
Ch.35
Ch.36
Ch.37
Ch.38
Ch. 39
Ch.40-Epilogue

Ch. 29

219 5 6
By Auto-nin

“Back in my mind? Maybe all of Kurama’s mana has yet to leave my body?” Las Boss groaned, walking through the forest of trees in his mind. “Hm?” Naruto blinked, noticing odd shadows also walking through the trees like him. Their forms buzzing with static and simply moving along within a daze. “When did my mind become like the Midnight Channel? Gives me the creeps…” Las Boss sighed before hearing splashing.

“Naruto! There you are!” Las Boss blinked in shock while seeing Sasuke run up to him. “Why are we in the chat room? Our chakra went weird and next thing I know, I woke up here.”

“Naruto?” Las Boss said, speaking out the name. “Naruto?” Sasuke cocked his head at Las Boss, confused at the Druid. “It’s not blocked anymore? My last reincarnation’s name.” Las Boss chuckled before frowning. “And still saying that. Naruto is… Wait, no that is correct if I think about it.” That’s right, if the People of the Land existed while Elder Tales was a game, then that means this is also my avatar body created at the same time. Hence Las Boss is the current me and Naruto is my last reincarnation, just they both existed at the same time till Naruto technically died and merged with Las Boss.

“Naruto, are you that tired to make no sense?” Sasuke sighed, giving Las Boss an annoyed glare.

But, if Sasuke passed out with me… Does that mean? Las Boss looked at Sasuke before looking at the huge mother tree in the middle of the forest. “We’re heading to the reborn Shinju. I think we might be able to finally get some answers.” Las Boss said, walking towards the tree.

“Shinju? What’s that? It sounds familiar to me.” Sasuke said, following Las Boss.

“If I think I know what is going on, I think we are finally forced to pay our dues, Indra.” Las Boss sighed, looking back at Sasuke.

“Wait. You've been having those weird memories, too, since ending up here as well?” Sasuke asked, “What do they mean? And why do I have them?”

“Well, they are yours, at least over the lifetimes you lived that is.” Las Boss said, smiling with seeing the tree getting closer. “As I thought, it’s letting us get to the Shinju. When I explored this place before, it would do that annoying Legend of Zelda puzzle on me, always teleporting me to different areas when I tried going there.”

“Legend of Zelda?” Sasuke asked before he gasped, “It’s huge!” Sasuke said, shocked when they suddenly seemed to teleport before the tree, it’s size making a dramatic presence.

“Of course it is gigantic, for its mana is very potent. That is why it is called the Shinju, though how it escaped the confines of it seal I do not know.” Las Boss smiled, looking at the base of the tree where a large mirror stood. Floating before the mirror was an pale old man with long spiky pale red hair, almost pink due to age. He was wearing a white robe and had a odd staff floating behind his back.

“Who are you, old fart?” Sasuke asked before his eyes widen. “You have horns on your head? Are you a demon?” Sasuke recoiled in fear.

“Realistic questions except for the last one. That one was the utmost disrespectful. Quite a shame coming from the son I least expected it from.” The man sighed, “However, my name is Hagoromo, the one who brought peace and order, if for only a little while.”

“Eh?” Sasuke said, blinking at the old man. “Ah, Naruto, are you catching what he is saying? I’m just getting the gist of it.”

“Dad, please simplify down the sage speech.” Las Boss sighed, holding his head from the headache he was getting. “You’re even getting me a headache.”

“Wait, Dad?” Sasuke asked, looking back and forth between Hagoromo and Las Boss. “You do look alike though he’s wrinkly.”

“Again, you are quite a brusque one for manners, young one.” Hagoromo sighed, “Is it really hard for the definition of my words to get to you? I understand from my past meetings of transmigrants of  our morals and cultures have quite a discrepancy.” Hagoromo said, frowning at both of them.

“Yeah, Dad, I know the feeling. I horrified people talking like you as a kid, so best simplify the speech, okay?” Las Boss sighed, Though, seems no matter how many times I meet Dad  through the ages, it seems he never learns his lesson to keep with the latest speech pattern. It would save him some issues if he did.

“Indeed, if we cannot come to a mutual understanding, then my worlds will have no meaning to you both.” Hagoromo said, “I must take-”

“Dad, just simple. Okay?” Las Boss said, shaking his head.

“Are you two aliens with some kind of psychic link as I got none of what you both been saying.” Sasuke snorted, glaring at Las Boss.

“Well, that’s a bit much. An alien?” Sasuke jumped with Hagoromo laughing a little with a straight face. “I guess it kind of makes sense, though, kid! Yeah!”

“And you gone way out left field, Dad. Now you sound like an idiot.” Las Boss chuckled, still shaking his head. And amazingly, like in every reincarnation that had good memory and met you, I am embarrassed to hell with this.

“Now the one I was expecting to be rude is being such. However, I guess that's what I get for talking that way. Is this better?” Hagoromo sighed, frowning at them.

“Yep. Perfecto, Dad. Though, from what I am sensing, you now got a brand new body, right?” Las Boss said, doing a thumbs up to Hagoromo.

“You’re very observant. I even lost my third eye, though I can bring it out in a new form.” Hagoromo said, point to his forehead which had a black two black lines on it forming a cross.

Las Boss noticed the man’s eyes were completely gray. His Rinnegan has no lines. It changed along with the Sharingan and Byakugan. This world has balanced things out. But, does that mean Kurama and his siblings will be reborn like the tree or are they fused back together with the tree?

“I am once again in the land of the living per say, though I can’t say I am truly alive either.” Hagoromo said, “Usually I am the one to give knowledge, may I ask if either of you know what is going on?”

“Then I guess Grandma never told you of your family past, huh?” Sasuke looked at Naruto with shock. “We are of the Alvs, correct?”

“Ah, I do know of where  my mother comes from and our race except it's name.” Hagoromo said, “ However, I do not see it as to how your minds have connected to form this place where the Pure Land meets the living realm.”

“A-Ah, did you just say Pure Land?” Las Boss asked, shivering.

“Yes. The souls who have died roam here before disappearing, which has confused me since it is too fast for proper reincarnation.” Hagoromo said, noticing Naruto trembling with tears in his eyes. “What is wrong, young one?”

“N-Nothing… Just my mind has become my personal hell.” Las Boss weakly chuckled, No! Ghosts now roam my mind! I hope they stay away from the chat areas or else I will be dying of fright and constantly being sent to the Cathedral! “Ah, oh, yeah, Sasuke, since you’re not used to it, best explain who is in front of you and basically why we are standing in front of this guy, technically.”

“Sure. That would be a great help.” Sasuke sighed, sitting down. “Guess it is going to be long, huh?”

“Ah, nope.” Las Boss snickered, “Grandma came from another place to harvest the fruit of this tree before us when it was on our old world.” Las Boss pointed at the Shinju, “She stopped the wars on our world after eating it and gaining its mana, but became corrupted and things went downhill from there when Shinju turned into a beast. Dad and Uncle sealed the beast away in the moon and themselves. Dad tried to teach people Ninshu which was basically how to use chakra for just peace while Uncle return to the moon to keep an eye on the body of the beast.

“However, then Dad had two sons, Asura and Indra, our first reincarnations. Basically, brotherly rival turned into hate and Ninshu got turned into ninjutsu and we started a brand new war. Dad tried to fix it by turning the part of the beast in him into the nine tailed beasts like Kurama only to watched with his chakra transcending time like our chakra as things get worse and worse of a mess till now. And now I just realized I answered a question I been pondering for a long time.” Las Boss let out a huff.

We’re the reason our world never got that far in technology. Due to our constant battles, the world stayed in a mentality that rarely allowed innovation outside of military uses. That kept tech on the low end and actually prevent the wars from getting even worse. I would not be surprised if the world did it purposely with realize we screwed it to hell. Las Boss thought before noticing the odd looks he was getting from Sasuke and Hagoromo. “What? Why are you two looking at me like that?”

“You managed to summarize my story so anti-dramatically,” Hagoromo sighed with disappointment, getting a nod of understanding from Sasuke.

“Of course you would do it that way after being told it a million times! I have it freakin’ ingrain in all my reincarnations due to it even if I don’t have good memory in that reincarnation.” Las Boss growled, before shaking his head. “However, basically, to explain the situation to you, Dad. It seems the world its fixing the problem itself with planning to combine with another world. Hence why the Shinju has been revived, but turned into the core of this new zone that serves as the network for the intranet the forums and website connected to the menus run on.”

“I see. So, basically, Ninshu is being revived in a new form since I understand a forum is a place of communications. Though no idea what a website is.” Hagoromo said, stroking his bread in thought. “Ah, then I think I now understand why my mother came to your world. The Otsutsuki clan came to your world 1,000 years ago, though why my mother and other clan members never mentioned except wanting to bring peace.”

“So, the cause of the end of the second attempt at the Age of the Gods stretch back that far. If I go back in Elder Tales time table, that is,” Sasuke and Hagoromo looked at Las Boss with curious eyes. “The world Grandma came from was Theldesia. The people attempted to recapture the Age of Gods, hence that time was when magical technology and knowledge was at its peak, yet still in the shadow of the Age of Gods. Hence allowing for the back story for the Noosphere, our world, to be found when it would collide with this world many years later. Hence the Alvs formed a means to prevent the worlds destruction. Seeing as they are trying to fuse the worlds together, they must have also saw the Noosphere had life on it and wanted to preserve it or use it.”

“Which sadly, the humans of our birthplace were constantly at war. Hence the Shinju was born from the blood of the decease who fell in battle.” Hagoromo said, somberly looking up at the tree’s leaves above him. “Though, how much do you know of the Alvs? Even I don’t know much of my kind other we could use mana, but not chakra like my mother once she ate the fruit. It is thanks to our unique bodies and mana we are able to live just about anywhere, even the moon where my brother took our clan to.”

“Sadly, even I don’t have much information on Alvs either. I’ve dived into the archives at Akiba and bought as many books on various subjects to find out more myself, but at best most documents on Theldesia only stretch back to roughly 300 years ago. That is where roughly the world of Theldesia’s history coincides with the back story of the game. The Alvs were wiped out into extinction, which is not very hard to do considering the few things known of the Alvs were they looked similar to humans, they had very high affinity to magic and knowledge, and having a very low birth rate.”

“I see. So, my clan might be all that are left.” Hagomoro said, nodding in understanding. “That might be for the best considering all the damage my family already done.”

“Actually, no. The Alvs’ legacy is still around with many ancient technology and ruins. However, a new race known as Half-Alv were born through the recessive genes through humans on Theldesia. Though, sadly, discrimination is still high since with what I read, how the world currently is maybe a result due to the last Alvs trying to get their revenge. Though I have not manage to get proper documents outside knowing it relates to a group known as the Six Scrapped Princesses.” Las Boss sighed.

“Just like my clan.” Sasuke looked down before realizing something. “Huh? Why is my skin darker?” Sasuke asked, making Las Boss look at Sasuke to see he had a darker skin tone of light brown compared to his old pale appearance.

“Heh. I guess the game forced your race to change to Half-Alv. Even though you can only tell an Half-Alv from the emblem on their tongue, Half-Alvs do have a lot of light brown skin tones.” Las Boss sighed, “Oh, that probably means my race will be changing from...Nani?” Las Boss said, looking at his status menu. “Moon Alv - Race of Ritual?”

“Moon Alv?” Sasuke said before frowning, “Mine says Moon Alv - Elf. What does that means?”

“Ah, it might be the Adaption ability.” Both looked at Hagoromo who was smiling, “Though our birth rate is low, we live long and adapt to our surroundings. This includes adapting our physiology to other races like my mother did to humans so she could give birth to my brother and I. In fact, looking at my script of information, it seems my race is Moon Alv - Half-Alv”

“It’s the menu, Dad.” Las Boss sighed before noticing something else.”What the? Otsutsuki Las Boss Naruto … The hell? How the hell does this even fit in the name box?”

“Oh, hey! Mine changed, too. It’s Otsutsuki Sasuke. Wait, does that mean the reason everyone has been forgetting their surnames is because of this?” Sasuke asked, looking at Las Boss.

“Yes. I guess with world is unifying all of the Otsutsuki clan’s descendants back into one clan. From the fact Dad’s here, my guess is we will be taking on a similar role to the Kunie clan.” Las Boss said, frowning. “For sure part of it is overseeing this area, though I don’t think this world would let us do anything big like controlling the banks and Royal Guard with all that has happened.”

“Agreed.” Hagoromo said, looking back at the tree. “Even this tree no longer produces chakra, now it simply feeds this area with mana and provide rest for the dead before they leave. Many of the souls of the Pure Land have all passed onto reincarnation and few still remain.”

“Ah, the Old Man-I mean, Hokage back in Konoha gave me the answer to that. They are being revived. Ah, then my hypothesis I was thinking of might be true. The Pure Land acts as the same the revival system for the Adventurers. Though, the souls are reincarnated instead of just reviving in the Cathedral.” Las Boss said, looking over the forest all around them.

“With seeing the leaves are actually memoires on all these trees, then it’s safe to guess every tree is a person and the combined memories of their past incarnations. Makes sense since reincarnation works backwards and rewrites over the  memories close to death and works back to birth before the reincarnation is complete from what I found. Also explains why Madara and Hashirama were revived as kids as they were still reincarnating into Sasuke and Naruto.”

“You're Naruto, Naruto,” Sasuke sighed, holding his head. “Let’s see if I got this right. Even before we got stuck in this world, our world basically had a system like it set in place?”

“Yep. Actually, it might be related to the Shinju to begin with.” Las Boss said, looking at the tree. “This tree was said to be born from the blood of the dead, but what if it is like Theldesia and part of a system design to keep the people alive? With no history beyond your time Dad, I would not be surprise if Theldesia’s state was made the way it is for the same thing. Especially since monsters respawning is actually a real deal instead of just game mechanics. Without something that can fight them back, I would see humanity and the other races easily facing the same fate as the Alvs without the Adventurers and Ancients.”

“Ah, then that would explain why things devolved as badly as when my mother ate the fruit.” Hagoromo chuckled, “Well, then I accept my new job. Maybe I can keep my two sons before me from making a new mess.”

“Maybe a little late for that,” Sasuke smirked at Las Boss who glared back at him. “But, this whole world is a mess now.”

“Hence why we got to clean it up some the best we can. Though, I am more worried about what is to come with seeing Dad here.” Las Boss sighed, looking at the Shinju. I just hope this means Kurama and the others are to be reborn.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

820 92 45
To make ends meet after losing his parents, Daisuke picked up a job at a local convenience store while learning code. His aim? To sell top-of-the-lin...
9.4K 172 9
Normal teenager Y/N L/N like every other Isekai character, loves Anime, games and stuff like that. One rainy fateful day he lost piece of his life an...
51 4 33
The most powerful and advanced race in the chaos universe has sent its state-of-the-art research ship into space to search for inhabited planets and...
19.8K 760 25
After experiencing a strange, bizarre event back at his home, our MC must now face challenges that might lead to his demise. Gifted with powers that...