You're Beautiful When You Smi...

By _mariashxlly

[Yao Yao, if it's you, how would you go about dating a professional gamer?] Tong Yao thought for a moment, be... More

DISCLAIMER
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42

CHAPTER 36

206 7 0
By _mariashxlly

By the time the four of them got on the escalator to go downstairs, Lu Sicheng had also taken Tong Yao's umbrella. Tong Yao was holding Pikachu's paws while nagging: "I told you to bring an umbrella and you wouldn't listen. See, it really started to rain. And you called to have an umbrella delivered to you. Just buy one in the mall!"

"I looked, no one sells umbrella here.'

"......Then get a ride back!"

"It's so close by, why bother?"

"And now you want me to get a ride back!"

Lu Sicheng glanced over the top of her head. Her hair was still damp from the rain......He paused before speaking: "Didn't you look for us for an hour? You still want to walk back?" "......It's so close, why bother getting a ride?" Tong Yao suddenly felt her own words sound very familiar-- --Why was she saying the same thing?

"Aren't you freezing to death?"

"It's an idiom. Understood?" She booked a ride online and put her cell phone back into her pocket while shivering. "It's chilly......Didn't your mom told you that when you're separated from the adults, you should wait in one place, or stand in a conspicuous location, or ask the police for help? Why were you roaming around the mall for? And you even turned off your cell phone!"

"It's out of battery. I was wondering why no one called me." Lu Sicheng looked down to glance at her. "En, I was wrong. I'll wait for you at the entrance next time."

He was earnest in his apology, yet-- --

Tong Yao: "There won't be a next time. This time I happened to be caught by Rui Ge......The lesson here is that we should play ranked games when we don't have anything better to do. I was just being lazy for a while, the price I paid was being sent out for an errand which almost broke my legs."

Lu Sicheng: "I can carry you on my back."

Liangsheng who was in front of them turned to look at them. Tong Yao continued with a stone face: "We're already at the pickup place. If you said that three minutes earlier, do you think I would've refused?"

Liangsheng glanced back at them. Seeing an annoyed Tong Yao, he smiled and tried to make peace between the two: "After you get back, take a hot shower to warm yourself up. Don't catch a cold. We have to go to do the drawing for the summer competition tonight."

Tong Yao was reminded of reality: "Oh, yeah, the drawing is tonight."

This year the competition would be using a round-robin system. The 12 competing teams would be divided into 2 groups. They would complete in the group first, then with the other group, and back to their own group. It would be a best of 3, winning a match would earn the team a point, losing meant a team earned no points.

At the conclusion of the summer competition, the best 4 teams from each group would go into the playoffs to fight for a better rank and accumulate more points for the year-- --

There were 3 slots for the Chinese regional teams to go to the world tournament. The first one was reserved for the champion of the season. The second one was for the team which had the highest combined points from the summer and spring seasons. The third one would be for whichever team that came out on top after another series of matches amongst the teams with the most points. If a team had no hope of winning the summer championship and didn't get high enough points in the spring, then the third route would be the only chance for that team to win the chance to play in the world tournament.

ZGDX came in second place in the spring competition, having higher cumulative points. It could be said that basically ZGDX and CK were already halfway qualified for the world tournament-- --

Certainly, they all wanted to be the champion of the summer season.

"I hope we won't be in the same group as you." Liangsheng put his palms together. Pope, standing next to him, gave a look at him. Liangsheng didn't notice and continued: "We were a relegation team in the spring season and surely can't wish for a summer championship. We have to be in the summer playoffs so we can qualify to fight for the third slot......"

Tong Yao: "It's the captain who's going to draw, right? Then go back and pray as hard as you can......I don't really feel there's any difference if you have CK in your group. They have the same lineup as the spring season, yet we have me, the new member."

Since CK and ZGDX were the first and second place teams in the spring season, they were seeded teams and wouldn't be in the same group-- --So all the other teams would be facing either CK or ZGDX in their group.

Liangsheng paused and turned to looked at Tong Yao, smiling: "But I feel CK isn't as unbeatable as your team. Recently, we beat CK at a skirmish."

Pope didn't understand what the others were talking about but he heard "CK". He briefly joined the conversation: "En. CK? Noob. Can win."

Tong Yao: "......"

Tong Yao was stunned: YQCB beat CK during a skirmish?......Wasn't that something.

As she was pondering, a big hand landed on her head. The man slowly said: "Unbeatable, en. Have you heard that, shorty? See how he knows what to say-- --Achoo."

Tong Yao pushed the man's hand off her head. "See, you sneezed. Even the heavens can't stand you."

Lu Sicheng: "......"

After walking around for one hour, Tong Yao finally got to sit down in the car, it felt like her legs had come back to her......She took down the Pikachu from her neck to hold in her arms. She rested her chin on Pikachu's head and fixed her eyes on the man who was sitting in the front on the passenger side. His eyebrows were knitted and he sneezed again-- --

It was the fifth one.

Lu Sicheng hadn't stopped sneezing since they left the mall. Now even the driver was commenting: "Young man, are you coming down with a cold? The weather changes without warning lately, better remember to bring an umbrella with you when you go out. You'll surely catch a cold if you get rained on and go into an air conditioned room!"

"I'm fine."

Lu Sicheng lazily responded and took a look at the shorty at the back seat from the rear view mirror. He noticed that her half dried hair was being blown up by the air and stretched out his hand to adjust the direction of the blowing air-- --

The one in the backseat instantly reacted: "Don't touch the air. I'm hot."

Lu Sicheng used his big hand to block the air: "It's cool outside. Why are you hot?"

Tong Yao: "Turn the air back. Why are you keeping the air on, you have a cold."

Lu Sicheng: "Aren't you afraid you'll be the next one to catch a cold?"

Tong Yao: "I'm strong."

Lu Sicheng: "Well, it's true. An idiot won't catch a cold."

As he was talking, he rolled down the window a little. The cold air outside blew in with a little bit of rain. The man asked without any expression on his face: "Driver, please turn off the air conditioner."

Tong Yao: "......"

......

It was close to 3 o'clock in the afternoon when they arrived at their own base. Tong Yao and Lu Sicheng walked in one after the other. Xiao Rui was sitting on the sofa quite leisurely, stroking the cat......He was surprised to see both of them in such a distressed state: "Didn't Tong Yao bring over some umbrellas? Why do you two look like this?"

"With such heavy rain, an umbrella is useless." Tong Yao turned to go upstairs to get a towel to dry her face.

Xiao Rui looked at Lu Sicheng: "Tong Yao said you turned off your cell phone."

Lu Sicheng: "It's out of battery."

Xiao Rui: "Out of battery? And you still roamed around the mall."

Lu Sicheng: "I didn't know it had died."

Xiao Rui: "How did you get back?"

Lu Sicheng: "Got a ride."

Xiao Rui: "It's so close, why did you need a ride?"

Lu Sicheng paused and looked like he really didn't want to repeat the subject all over again. He forced himself to say with a somewhat hoarse voice: "That shorty got tired from walking around, so we got a ride back."

Xiang Rui thought: you're really considerate for your teammate. Then he realized that something wasn't quite right: "......Yi, you have a cold?"

Lu Sicheng: "Don't know."

Lu Sicheng sat down in front of his computer. Xiao Rui went behind him and kicked his chair: "Take some medicine if you have a cold. Or do you want to go to do the drawing with a dripping nose tonight? I'm hoping to avoid the team next door. I heard they beat CK during the skirmish; they may become a tough opponent......Hey, captain, how can you have good luck in the drawing with a drippy nose?"

Lu Sicheng humphed: "The team next door is thinking the same thing."

Xiao Rui: "What?"

Lu Sicheng: "Avoiding us."

Xiao Rui: "Then we should pray that Liangsheng has good luck in the drawing...... Tsk, tsk, tsk, your nose is dripping. Take some medicine. I'll go get the cold medicine."

Lu Sicheng: "I just caught a cold. What do I need medicine for."

Tong Yao walked downstairs from her room with a towel wrapped around her hair. She took a look at the person sitting in front of the computer and asked: "Cheng Ge, have you taken your medicine?"

Lu Sicheng glanced up at her and pretended that he didn't hear what she just said. He clicked the mouse to get into queue for a ranked game......Xiao Rui looked at Tong Yao and couldn't help being attracted by the yellow thing around her neck: "What's that on your neck?"

Tong Yao shook its paws: "Pikachu."

"I had a childhood too." Xiao Rui twitched his lips. "Where did you get this Pikachu?"

Tong Yao took a glance at the person behind Xiao Rui who was focusing at his game: "I found the two AD at the arcade. These two grown men with a total height of 4 feet were playing in front of a claw machine. They acted as if they wouldn't leave until they had cleaned out all the claw machines in the arcade......"

Xiao Rui: "Professional players have agile fingers, they are good at playing claw machines."

Tong Yao disgustly waved her hand: "When I was still dating CK's jungler, the money he wasted on those machines could buy the machine with all the toys inside it."

Xiao Rui: "So you broke up with him!"

Tong Yao: "......Makes sense, hahahahahahahahahaha!"

The two of them were enjoying their conversation but the man sitting in front of the computer couldn't stand it anymore. He flatly said: "So noisy." Then he sneezed.

Little Fatty: "Cheng Ge, I have been your Support for a year and half and I still don't have a Pikachu."

Lu Sicheng: "Ask the shorty to give it to you."

Tong Yao: "I won't."

......

The drawing that night was streamed online. The two seeded teams did their drawings first. CK's captain took out a blue ball and was assigned to B group. After him, it was obvious what group ZGDX would be-- --Under the watchful eyes of the entire audience, Lu Sicheng walked up stage with a stone face. He took out the only ball left in the box, the red ball, and gave it to the host of
the event. Then he hurriedly left the stage.

He walked briskly.

[What's wrong with Cheng Ge?]

[He looks quite combative.]

[He needs to go bathroom in a hurry? A weak bladder?]

[Today's Cheng Ge is still handsome hhhhhhhh]

[The ones who said my hubby has a weak bladder show themself, I promise I won't beat you to death!]

[I'm already looking forward to the summer season, ahhhhh, the day after tomorrow, ahhh. I have waited for so long, it's finally here!]

[Cheng Ge's expression is frightening......What happened?]

[Hope the opening match would be between ZGDX and CK. It should be alright if they're in different groups, en? Hahahaha, I can't wait to see these two teams fight against each other again.]

"The fans thought you have to go to the bathroom in a hurry......"

His teammates who were waiting in the audience for the drawing result laughed at Lu Sicheng.

Before they could finish with their mocking, Lu Sicheng sneezed a few more times. The corners of his eyes and his nose were all slightly red. He muttered: "I was trying to hold the sneeze, almost ran out of breath."

So that frightening facial expression was just for holding his sneeze? Tong Yao twitched the corners of her lips: "Why are you so obsessed with your idol image?"

Lu Sicheng took a glance at her and didn't respond. He sat down right next to her and blew out a long breath as if he was very tired......Tong Yao turned to ask him: "You still won't take the medicine?"

"I'll take it after I get back."

"Oh."

Fifteen minutes later, the results of the drawing were announced.

A group-- --ZGDX; Huawei; Red Arrow; King; Lan; Obsidian.

B group-- --CK; YQCB; Doomsday Orcs; Alpha; Qing Dynasty; Ant.

The summer season would be officially begin on May 28, 2016, two days later.

The opening match would be the greatly awaited rematch between the teams of the spring season final match-- -- ZGDX vs CK.

Lu Sicheng: "......"

Lu Sicheng: "I'm not taking any medicine."

Tong Yao: "? ? ? ?"

Lu Sicheng: "Cold medicine will slow the brain down, affecting my ability to maneuver."

Tong Yao: "Where did you hear this?"

Lu Sicheng: "I said so."

Tong Yao: "......"

Lu Sicheng: "We can't lose the opening match. It's losing face."

Tong Yao: "The vanity of your idol image!"

When she finished, a warm big hand landed on top of her head. The hand messed up her short hair and he chuckled with his hoarse voice, slowly said: "Go for it, new Mid."

Tong Yao was taken back and raised her head to look at the man next to her. She saw the excitement and desire to win in his tired eyes. This was the first time in a month since she joined the team to see such a vivid expression on this man's face......He probably had waited for this moment for a long time-- --the moment to redeem the team from the loss in the spring season. Then, there would be the day that they could stand on the top of the world.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.5K 741 26
xiao nai is a computer science student.He is smart,talented,sporty and handsome. weiwei is a simple girl applied for computer science in Qing univers...
59.2K 2.4K 26
I fell in love with my childhood bestfriend... * I fell in love with my sworn rival... * But he was never meant to be mine... * Let the play date beg...
6.8K 1.1K 42
[Based on a true story] [Friends to lovers] [Genre: Dark Romance, Drama] ▪︎ "Myung, you can lean on me... Let me help you..." That's what Haru t...
164K 8.2K 65
"If love was an assignment I would've failed." Dating sounds easy, right? Well, not so much for a group of students who decide to join a dating class...