Fight For You

By secretstothewind

When Emily applies for a position as a caregiver for Daniel, a boy with a permanent spinal cord injury, she n... More

Chapter One - Cookies and Phone Calls
Chapter Two - Cinnamon Rolls and Interviews
Chapter Three - Jobs and Fights
Chapter Four - Feeding and Tattoos
Chapter Five - Couples and Yoga
Chapter Six - Friends and Lies
Chapter Seven - Rides and Concessions
Chapter Eight - Ticking Time Bomb and Awkward Flirting
Chapter Nine - Gloating and Busty Burgers
Chapter Ten - Date Rape and Pill Popping
Chapter Eleven - Hope and Smoking
Chapter Twelve - Confrontations and STDs
Chapter Thirteen - Quiet Drives and Nosy Neighbours
Chapter Fourteen - Sprained Ankles and Gratitude
Chapter Fifteen - Limousines and Paparazzi
Chapter Sixteen - Professional Fights and Glaring Lights
Chapter Seventeen - Winning Traditions and Attractive People
Chapter Eighteen - Stupors and Feelings
Chapter Nineteen - Newspaper Clippings and Planning
Chapter Twenty - Teaching and Fighting
Chapter Twenty One - Casual Sex and Late Night Visits
Chapter Twenty Two - Second Chances and Lessons
Chapter Twenty Three - Surprises and Stories
Chapter Twenty Four - Outfits and Stale Hotdogs
Chapter Twenty Five - Home Movies and Nice Backsides
Chapter Twenty Six - Pickup Lines and Almost Kisses
Chapter Twenty Eight - Stealthy Avoidance and Chocolate
Chapter Twenty Nine - Kisses and Revelations
Chapter Thirty - Days Off and Dates
Chapter Thirty One - Seahorses and Date Nights
Chapter Thirty Two - Twinkle Lights and Beach Walks
Chapter Thirty Three - Christmas Gifts and Family Reunions
Chapter Thirty Four - Drinking Wine and Watching Fights
Chapter Thirty Five - Safe Places and Guardian Angels
Chapter Thirty Six - Early Morning Drives and Nice Asses
Chapter Thirty Seven - Assaults and Make Outs
Chapter Thirty Eight - Ground Rules and New Years Plans
Chapter Thirty Nine - New Years Dinners and Past Sinners
Chapter Forty - Moods and Confusion
Chapter Forty One - Searching and Finding
Chapter Forty Two - Different Atmosphere and Making Amends
Chapter Forty Three - Youth Meetings and Wrestling
Chapter Forty Four - Truth and Emotions
Chapter Forty Five - Futures and Preparations
Chapter Forty Six - Breakfast and Interviews
Chapter Forty Seven - Acceptance and Love
Chapter Forty Eight - Fame and Speeches
Chapter Forty Nine - Cookie Dates and Car Rides
Chapter Fifty - Familiar Faces and Talks
Chapter Fifty One - Bars and Cages
Chapter Fifty Two - Signing Troubles and Hospital Stays
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter 1
Bonus Chapter 2

Chapter Twenty Seven - Second Fights and Mystery Women

104K 3.9K 467
By secretstothewind

Kyle and I sat in our front row eats, nearest to the fighting ring.

"Man, it's going to feel so weird not to be fawned on by girls today." Kyle lamented.

I smiled, "You didn't have to sit with me but thanks for keeping me company regardless."

"Are you kidding me? I doubt Lucas would've fought if you were sitting here alone."

I shot him a look. Kyle was teasing, of course. Nothing would have stopped Lucas from winning this championship. But, a small part of me desperately wanted to believe there may be something more there. And that part scared me. "How long have you two known each other?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Oh, I've known the brothers for years. My dad was Lucas's dad's accountant. But he retired a while back." Kyle responded pulling out his wallet and buying a pack of popcorn from the cart going around the isles. "Want anything?" He asked.

I shook my head, "I'm good, thanks." I didn't know how anyone could eat when they were about to see their friend potentially pummelled. Other than Daniel, I suppose. He was a bottomless pit.

"So what about you? Are you seeing anyone?" Kyle asked out of the blue.

I laughed thinking it was a joke but he just continued to look at me with a serious expression. It was the most serious expression I'd ever seen on him in the short span of time I'd known him. "I'm not, why?"

"Just wondering," he shrugged shovelling a handful of popcorn into his mouth. He turned to look at me, "Ever cheated on someone?"

"No!" I responded, slightly offended. "Have you?"

"Nah, I'm not the cheating type." He explained. "I'm more the one-night-stand, leave-in-the-morning type. But any and all parties are notified prior to said excursion."

I raised an eyebrow at the technical terminology, "My mom is a criminal defence lawyer, but the majority of the cases she takes on are rape victim cases. I guess it's made me hyper aware of situations that can get back easily." Kyle explained.

"That's pretty amazing," I stated in awe of his mom and Kyle nodded, smiling widely.

The lights began to dim and directed to the entrance on the left. "Here we go," Kyle rubbed his hands together excitedly.

"We've waited and here we finally are - the second match on the ladder to becoming the middleweight champion of the world!" Dan's familiar voice sounded on the speakers.

"That's right, Dan. Today we've got an impeccable fight lined up. Both, extraordinary fighters, really. We've got last round's winner, Lucas Miller and today's competition, Aaron 'The Savage' Douglas." Mark commented.

"This really is the fight to watch. It'll be a dandy. Both have unblemished records and have lost no fights along their way to stardom. The road to the championship will only get harder from here." Dan stated.

The lights flickered to an entrance on the left and loud music began to play. My heart felt like it was thumping louder than the speakers were.

"On the left, we've got Aaron 'The Savage' Huang. He's 28, coming in at 183 pounds and is 6"4. He's got a record of 40 wins and zero defeats and an impeccable history in jujitsu." Mark introduced.

"This is an even match, Mark." Dan continued. "Best man takes the crown."

The lights flickered to the opposite side and I turned to see Lucas walking out with Miguel at his right and Daniel on his left. Daniel had the biggest smile on his face as he wheeled in proudly.

"On the right comes Lucas Miller with that familiar stone cold face. He's 27 weighing in at 180 and is 6"3. His record consists of 38 wins and zero losses, with his training in mixed martial arts and jujitsu." Mark introduced.

"It looks like he's got his manager along with his brother there," Mark continued, "Real sad situation with his accident, Dan."

"Definitely. Well strap in, gents. We're in for a wild ride tonight." Dan laughed.

Kyle had stood up on his chair to whoop as loudly as he could next to me. I cheered as Lucas stood at the entrance of the ring and gave Miguel a clap on the back. He turned to Daniel and leant down to give him a tight squeeze before entering the ring.

His gaze turned to the crowd and seemed to scan it before landing on Kyle and I. He sent me a small smile and I waved encouragingly.

Kyle laughed and I turned to look at him before he brought his arm to his mouth to conceal the smile. "Popcorn stuck in my throat," he coughed.

Lucas' stoic face returned as he seemed to prepare for the fight. He began to shuffle on his feet, stretching his head from side to side. The referee went over the rules of the fight and Lucas and Aaron bumped fists before the bell rang.

"Miller acting quickly to get that first punch in. And another! Look at that determination, Dan."

"The Savage trying for his rebuttal with a swing, but missing and oh! Miller getting in a body slam to the ground. He's punching and Huang is trying to get out of the hold he has him in."

I watched as Lucas pinned Aaron to the ground and began to deliver a round of punches, almost mechanically. Huang looped his leg around Lucas's body and attempted to twist around, failing to do so.

"Huang getting in a good shot to the ribs there, Mark. That got Miller. Huang's found the weak spot and is using that to his advantage."

Aaron punched continuously into the spot on Lucas's ribs until it finally caused Lucas to release the hold he had on him and Aaron wriggled out of of his grip.

The bell rang and a woman walking around the ring in a slinky bikini indicated that round one was over.

Miguel charged into the ring and applied ice onto Lucas's ribs giving him water from a bottle and coaching him in his technique.

Kyle whistled, "It's nerve wracking to be on this end."

I shot him a weak smile. I couldn't really get any words out of my mouth with the amount of anxiety I had about Lucas fighting.

The bell rang and Lucas jumped up, stretching his arms in front of him. Huang was bleeding from the head and looked like he had a swollen eye, but he still looked confident.

"Miller surrounding Huang there, missing a punch. Huang jumps him! He's punching his way into his ribs. He's focused on the area, Dan."

"Mark, Miller better get out of that position before he breaks a rib."

Lucas twisted and kicked a leg high into the air, right across Huang's face. Huang stumbled back, seemingly dazed and Lucas used that moment to his advantage as he started beating down on Huang.

"Huang's looking a little worse for wear there, Dan."

"Look at that, he's tapping out! That calls it! Lucas Miller, winner of fight two! What a roller coaster."

Lucas jumped off of Huang as soon as he was declared the winner and stretched his arm out to pull him up, his chest heaving from exhaustion. The two of them exchanged a few friendly words and Lucas was pulled by the referee who lifted his arm into the air in victory.

Lucas jogged out of the ring and towards Daniel who was screaming at the top of his lungs and Miguel who raced to give him a hug.

"Ready to head back?" Kyle, who had been cheering, jumped up excitedly.

I followed his lead back to the locker. We opened the door to Lucas wiping his body down with a towel. Kyle barged in, "Bro, round two champion!" Kyle pulled Lucas into a tight hug.

"Thanks, man." Lucas muttered. His eyes dashed to mine and I felt the familiar feeling of  nervousness creep up in my stomach.

Just then, the door swung open, "Lucas, great fight!" Came the peppy voice. I turned to see a curvy woman approach Lucas and pull him in for a hug. Her long black hair reached to her hips and seemed to sway with her body as she moved. She wore a skin tight black dress that reached her thighs and seemed to compliment every curve on her body.

I felt a panic of disappointment hit me and I had to scold myself over it. You're his employee. You need to get over it.

So I plastered a smile onto my face and tried to get through the rest of the evening.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

810K 15.9K 53
[COMPLETE] "You know for someone who's a virgin you sure do talk about sex a lot." He says. "You should see the type of books I read. As for the vi...
18.4K 1.1K 65
After finally getting together Mads and Grayson should be happy but life has a way of getting in the way of their happiness and no matter how hard th...
2.9M 105K 43
They say the best things in life are unexpected but so are the worst things. Especially the worst things. Lucas Cage has been blissfully ignorant to...
17.3K 585 33
Callie has made a huge change in her life. She's given up everything she was used to for a brand new life. Traded in her job, her useless boyfriend a...