Proof that Tony Stark has a h...

By Alice-in-Wonderland3

Kira was the younger sister of Clint Barton. Her and her brother had grown up together like twins even though... More

Kira Barton
SHIELD
Mind Control
Meeting the Team
Monsters
Chaos
Getting Closer
The Fight Begins
Chitauri
Avengers
Tony Stark
Nightmares
Bomb Attack
Harley
Attacked
Gary
Panic
The Mandarin?
Saving My Girl
Saving the president.
Fire Control
A new man
Our son
Sokovia
The beginning of Ultron
Author's Note
Mummy's home
Stark Party
It ends with a bang
Mind Games
The Escape House
Saving my sister
Sokovian Battle
Forever kind of family

Testing the waters

836 16 4
By Alice-in-Wonderland3

A day later, after I had been all checked out and aided back to health I got to home for Christmas. Well to Clint's house.

I still needed to talk to Nick Fury and the council about my situation because although Bruce, Tony and I were hard at work trying to define what had happened to me, I had it under control for now with the help of suppressors.

Once Nick knew Tony and I were alive he did me a favour and informed Clint. I don't think I would have been able to do it myself, not only was I emotionally drained but t he entire time I was away all I could think about in the back of my mind was Clint. If it was the other way around and I was in his shoes I couldn't imagine the feeling.

I arrived at the farmhouse a little bit earlier than expected, being dropped off by a jet and made my way to front door.

I took a deep breath and pulled my sweater further down my arms before knocking on the door. I heard Clint before I saw him, his heavy footsteps echoed around the house and soon the door flew open and I was crushed into his arms.

He cradled my head and squeezed me tightly. I tried to hug him back but he practically glued my hands to my sides.
"Hey bro." I greet in a jokey tone wanting to lighten up the mood but Clint wasn't in the mood for jokes.

I felt his tears coat my neck and that's when I fought my arms out his grip and wrapped them around his neck to pull him closer.

"You asshole. I thought you died." He cried making me give off a light laugh as I pull back.
"I wouldn't relive you of me that early." I smirk making him shake his head and smile.

I wipe away his tears and pull him into me again.
"I love you so much Kira." He mumbled making my chest feel warm.
"I love you too big bro."

He soon welcomed me back into his home and Laura too pulled me into a big hug. I loved Laura so much. She was so worried about me but I assured her I was ok. Then, I got to see Cooper and Lila again. God kids grow so fast.

It was a peaceful Christmas after the week I had endured and I stayed with Clint as long as I possibly could until it was time to meet with SHIELD. If anything I felt like hiding out in the country forever but that wasn't meant to be. Especially with my powers.

Clint took me back to Washington DC where Tony, Steve and Nat would be. Bruce was still in New York doing some more tests on my DNA to see how I've changed.

"Barton Mark 2." Fury greeted me off the plane making me groan.
"Really? How many times, I'm a doctor." I remind him.
"And how many times do I have to tell you, I don't give a shit." He replied making me bump my shoulder with his.

"So what's going to happen?" I ask him as we walk into base.
"I need you to showcase your powers to me, I'll record them have them sent off to the council. We'll get Banner to send over your results and put them into play. There's no need to be worried Barton it's just precautions. We need to ensure you won't be a threat and that you have them under control to some degree until we can get you properly trained up." Nick told me and I nodded in agreement.

I was nervous. I mean I've never really used my powers so I don't know how this is going to go.

We walk into a training room and I see Nat, Steve and Tony all there.
"Kira!" Nat exclaimed and bounded over to me to encase me in a hug.
"Hi Nat." I smiled.
"How are you?" She asked pulling away.
"A little nervous I can't lie." I admitted.

"Don't worry, nothings going to happen to you. I promise." She said as she stroked through my hair making me smile.
Like the older sister I never had.

Next, Steve came over and hugged me too.
"Nice to see you again Kira." He smiled.
"You too Steve." I reply.

"This here is a highly secure locked room. Made out of almost indestructible materials that would take more than two Hulk's to break through. We also have precautionary elements installed incase anything were to go wrong. We'll ask you to step in Doctor Barton and showcase everything you can and then after we will discuss what happens." Nick informed me as he pointed to a small boxed off room in the one we were currently standing in. It was like a training room on steroids. I couldn't help but gulp down the acid lingering in my throat.

It just seemed like a smaller studio with a glass front and one door with a round safe lock on it. However, I knew that wasn't the case. I nervously looked over to Tony and my brother. Tony looked more nervous but he tried to hide it. Clint was doing a better job, he nodded for me to step forward so I did so after, a deep breath.

Once in, Nick locked the door and I tied my hair up. I didn't even really know how to use my powers so this was going to be difficult. Fury and Nat seemed to get everything set up and running from the outside and I heard the door click shut.

This was it.

I tried to steady my breathing and I could already feel my palms grow warm.

"Ok Kira, whenever you're ready." Nick told me.

I closed my eyes and imagined everything in my head. These were my powers and now apart of me. Putting my doctor head back on I thought of everything in a way that would make sense to me. When I want to move one of my limbs, thousands of tiny messages are sent through synapses and nerves to my brain. I thought of my powers the same way. Like a light switch. As easy as turning them on and off.

I focused my energy and core temperature to my right palm and thought about forming a fire orb in it. I felt a hot substance in my hand and opened my eyes to see it actually worked.

This was good, I thought. I played around with it a little, tossing it from hand to hand, then pulling it to make it grow and forming it in to other shapes. I just kept thinking what I wanted it to do and luckily my mind did just that but I could feel myself grow weaker and I guess that was my weakness. I needed to focus and hopefully I won't spiral out of control. But focusing so much and so hard makes you strain yourself and that was only something I'd be able to build up over time.

Eventually I deemed they had enough of just looking at that, so I sent the fire away into thin air, shrinking it down to just atoms.

I then let my body temperature rise and soon my skin was glowing it's red and orange colour. I practically glowed and my skin would look like it was bubbling. I showed them my eyes too and I could see that they looked shocked, maybe borderline scared.

That's what worried me. I didn't want them to think I would hurt them.

I shook those negative thoughts out my head and I grabbed hold of the metal table they had in the room and I watched it melt in my palm. I let go and then sent my temperature back down to normal and touched the place I had melted.

I then closed my eyes again and decided to show them a little bit more of an extent I could do. I let my body heat up again and threw my hands out sending shoots of fire towards the walls and letting them light up in flames. I controlled the temperature of the flames so they weren't to hot and even stood in the centre of the room as it burnt. I wasn't getting injured and that was something else I had to show them.

I let everything die down again after a moment or two and leant against my thighs breathing deeply. God I was exhausted. I had to practice this more.

"Alright I think that's enough for now Kira." Nick spoke into the speaker but I shook my head and stood up.

"No. There's something else I have to show you." I say picking up a gun on the table and loading it.

I could feel there eyes all on me and curious gazes they were giving me. It wasn't until I looked back up to them and pointed the gun at my self did their eyes widen.

"NO!" Tony yelled and made a move for the door but before he could I shot myself straight through my abdomen, avoiding my internal organs just incase this didn't work.

I felt a strong pain but then just like elastic my body repelled the bullet and it fell to the floor. I placed the gun down and felt where I shot myself. No blood, no bruise, not even a rip in my clothing.

I smirk at the team and they all look mortified.

"That's enough Kira." Clint tells me but this time I pick up a knife.

"Not just yet." I say finding my confidence and without thinking twice, I bring the knife down hard on my left middle finger, chopping it straight off. I hear Nat scream and Steve looks away but I lift my bloody hand up and show them as my middle finger soon starts to grow back fully. I can bend it, move it and use it exactly the same. As if it was never chopped off.

"Ok now I'm done." I sigh out and Tony makes a quick rush to the door and unlocks it.

He helps me out and I sit down on the floor catching my breath.

"Well that was...something." Steve says.
"You looked badass, wait till I show you the footage." Nat smirks making me smile.

"I have everything I need for the council to view over. Seeing how much control you have already without practicing I see no reason why you shouldn't stay on the team." Nick tells me and I thank him with a smile.

He soon leaves after giving me a loving pat on the back.

"You did good sis." Clint says as he wraps me in a hug again.
"Thanks Clint." I mumble in his ear.
"But don't ever scare the shit out of me like that again!" He demands after pulling away from me.
"Wouldn't dream of it." I smirk as I pull his pointed finger down from me.

"He's right, that was something. Just because you can heal like that doesn't mean you can't get hurt. Watch out for yourself Kira." Steve tells me and I give him another smile and a hug as well as Nat before the two leave for HQ.

"I guess I'm leaving you with Stark then." Clint says making me roll my eyes. God he was so protective.
"Is that a problem?" I question, folding my arms.
"No, no. Just tell me if he does anything sketchy, I'll bring my bow when I come to pick you up." He whispers the last part in my ear making me shove him backwards.
"Jog on Clint." I order making him chuckle.

"I'll talk to you later KitKat." He smirks before leaving the training room.

I turn round to Tony who is smiling himself but has a look of fear in his eyes.

"He was joking." I remind him.
"Oh I know. I'd like to see him try but then again I would give him full permission to do anything to me if I let you slip through my fingers."

My heart fluttered and I pulled him close to me.
"You're sweet Tony."
"Only for you." He whispers as he pecks me softly.

"Come on I'm taking you out tonight." He tells me.
"Where are we going?" I ask as he takes hold of my hand and walks out the room with me.
"Somewhere nice, dress fancy." He says.
"Ok, I can do that." I reply with a smile.

"You did good Kira, I'm proud of you." He tells me making my heart practically sore.
"Thank you." I whisper and he takes my hand in his as we walk out together, hopefully back to New York.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22K 565 111
We all know the story of how the Avengers assembled, their trayectory and everything they did to save the world. But what if I told you, that there...
25.9K 1.4K 16
Clints sister comes back from a mission only to learn that her older brother is a part of the Avengers, and Fury wants her to be a part of the team...
305K 8.9K 62
Tony's sister that disappeared from his life when she was five reemerges. Tony's less than thrilled as he blames her for what became of their parents...
8.1K 196 25
WARNING: This story contains a relationship between three people! Clint and Laura Barton had decided to stay to themselves after the fight between Ca...