I MARRIED A PSYCHO [The Eligi...

By EmeraldsBrightPage

"She's a psycho and she leads me to insanity" -Duke Galdonez Imperial I MARRIED A PSYCHO [The Eligible Bache... More

ATTENTION
The Eligible Bachelors Series
I MARRIED A PSYCHO
PROLOGUE - PSYCHO
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52

Chapter 25

111 6 2
By EmeraldsBrightPage

Warning: This story may not be suitable for a very young age due to some unscripted words...

---

DUKE

"Ano ba! Hindi mo pag-aari ang daan! Tumabi ka kung ayaw mong masagasaan!"

I jump back apace on the side of the road, feeling alarmed. I felt so powerless; like a prey trapped in a predators' den. Confused, terrified, helpless; I don't know what to do.

looking up at my building, right across the road, erecting mighty in the middle of the bustling metropolis, I came to conceive vividly and be fully aware of how stately immense it is, indeed. There, it gives me hope and full determination. I'm just a few meters away from where I was standing. Just a few more walks, I'll be right there soon.

I tried taking another step but came another loud horn.

Beeeeeeeeeeeeep!

Next to it was a sound of a shrill whistle. It was sharp and surged with full authority.

"Takbo! May pulis!" I heard someone shouted in a hurry. I look to where it was and I saw two policemen running towards us. What did I do wrong? I'm not a criminal.

I saw the man who shouted at me was now running without minding how fast the approaching cars might hit him, but eventually, he was able to cross the road, safely.

I was about to run just like how he did but my life is too precious just to get hit by a car so I just froze and lifted both of my hands; besides, I did nothing wrong so why would I even have the need to run and get killed?

I just followed the order; I turned my back. "My apologies, officers, but as far as I'm concern, I know I did nothing wrong to capture mo this easy..."

"Talikod!"

"Hoy! 'wag mo kaming ma-ingles-ingles r'yan! Hindi mo kami maloloko! Siguro kasabwat mo 'yong nahuli namin noong nakaraang lingo 'no? Kay 'yong grupo ng mga snatcher. Hindi mo kami madadaan ngayon diyan sa mga pagmamakaawa at aba may nalalaman ka pang pa-ingles d'yan! Sumama ka sa amin ngayon sa presinto!"

"No! I'm not coming with you! I have the right to refuse and I demand to call for my lawyer."

The two policemen fell in silence for a moment and then they both laugh hard like I was joking around. "Buddy, sigurado ka bang normal na tao 'to? Ingles ng ingles pero basahan ang suot."

"Bossing, maliban sa Jaywalking suspek ka din sa nagaganap na sunod-sunod na nakawan sa lugar na 'to. 'yong lalakeng tumakbo kanina, snatcher 'yon, kasama mo siya, hindi ba? Kaya ka namin inaaresto. May karapatan kang magsawalang kibo. Mayroon ka ring karapatang kumuha ng abogado na iyong pinili at kung wala kang kakayahan, ito ay ipagkakaloob sa iyo ng pamahalaan. Nauunawaan mo ba?"

They were able to convince me so I just come with them to put this to an end. I forgot that Vlance reminded me not to cross the road and use the overpass instead; this is why I was captured. Hell! I thought I'd be able to get back soon but here I am, getting arrested.

"Ba't ba kasi ang hilig niyong tumawid sa napakadelikading kalsada? Mayroon namang overpass kung saan masligtas pa kayong tumawid; ngayon, kayo pa ang may ganang magalit kapag nahuhuli kayo. Hindi niyo pag-aari ang daan kung saan tangkain niyong tumawid ano mang oras..."

"Uhm... Well, by technicalities and by law, this road is a property that belongs to our lineage, which is why it was named after my great-great-grand grandfather way back centuries ago. Our family gave free access on the road to the government and for everyone. We even constructed everything that was built in here for free. See that rail transit, those traffic lights, those road signs? Those were..."

"Tarantado! Gusto mong batukan ka namin? Ikaw, 'wag mo kaming pinaglololoko! Sa presinto ka na magpaliwanag!"

"Officer, I'm telling you the truth!"

"Sigurado ka? Isa kang Imperial? Pero kahit na! Nilabag mo pa rin ang batas!"

"Sandali lang, Buddy!" said the other policeman, and then he faced me.

"Maaari bang ipakita mo sa amin ang 'yong pagkakakilanlan?"

"Even if you frisk on me, I have nothing to show you because I was in a situation right now..."

"Buddy, negatib! Mali tayo ng hinuli. Sira ulo 'tong isa. Abort." One whispered to the other one and I could hear them. These two freaks!

"Oh, eto, isang daan, pambuli mo pagkain." And then they left me.

Wait a minute? Did they just insult me? "Hey! Wait! Where are you going? I'm not insane! Hey! Please, come back! I need help!" I kept on shouting but they just ignored me.

This is too much! Everything that I experience since yesterday up today, is too much! I rode on public transportation, I even hang at the back risking my life, the hurly-burly passengers jostling and shoving against each other, I also have to sleep in a slum-like house, took a bath using a detergent soap, ate exotic street foods, getting arrested by police who later on assumed I was insane, and now, I have to dive in the heavy wave of the metropolis.

I look at the hundred peso bill which they gave me and then rummage in my pocket and took the pennies that were left. So this is how a bill would l look like? This was the first time I have physically touched cash. I grew up paying for everything through electronic transactions. We'll I was not the only one, Almost every aristocrat was the same as me. If I show these to them, they'd probably get confused, because the only bill that was familiar to them was the one thousand peso bill. We've seen other bills through photos and magazines but we've never had a physical encounter with such.

Anyways, I have to go on now. First, I must look for the overpass. Where is it?

"Uhm... excuse me, ladies..." I pause for a while. I remember Vlance told me to avoid talking to people using my language if I don't want people would think of me as a crazy person. This is why the policemen left me a while ago. I don't want to commit the same mistake again so I could get back the soonest.

"Beshie, ampogi ni koyaaaaaa!" The two ladies couldn't contain their sharp shrieks.

"Kuya, bakit hindi mo subukan mag-artista o kaya model? Nako! Tiyak na ikayayaman mo 'yan. Ampogi niyo po."

I felt kinda bit uncomfortable
so I just smiled awkwardly. "Salamat. Uhm... Naliligaw ako, maaari niyo bang ituro kung saan ang daan upang makatawid ako sa gusaling 'yon?" I pointed at my building.

"Aha! Sumabay ka na saamin, kuya pogi, doon ang gawi namin papuntang overpass. Maaari naming ituro ang daan roon. Halika."

I followed them and as we walk, they kept on asking me so many questions such as where do I leave, how old am I, what's my name, and so on. They told me that I look like Duke Imperial when in fact it was truly me. What I did was, I made names and false information so that they won't notice that I was Duke Imperial. I don't want people would rumble over me once they found out. But I don't think they would notice me that quickly.

It took us about less than five fucking minutes to reach the overpass. That felt like I walk an hour; the hit of the sunlight was biting my skin and the strong smell of the engineer fumes and the pungent smell of the garbage that was scattered on the street was intoxicating. I was just trying so hard not to throw up in the middle of the busy street.

"Kuya pogi, hanggang dito na lang. Hindi ka na namin masasamahan sa pag tawid dahil doon pa sa building na 'yong ang gawi namin. Umakyat ka dito tapos diretso ka lang at bumaba ka sa lakiwang bahagi na hagdan tapos pagbaba mo ay diretsohin mo lang hanggang sa makarating ka. Mauuna na kami. Paalam!"

"Thank you si much, ladies, take care."

"Ang weird mo talaga, kuya pogi, oh siya, bye!"

I took the stairs and when I reach the buttom of the bridge, I saw two stairs going down, one on the left and the other on the right. The ladies told me I have to take the Kaliwa... Oh shit! What is kaliwa in English? Is it the left or the right?

Oh, whatever!

I just followed my instinct and took the right stairs going down and I walk and walk and walk until I get tired. I have been walking for almost fifteen minutes but up until now, I still don't see my building. I bet, I took the wrong path so I turned around and took another fuck fifteen minutes. I'm so exhausted and thirsty so I took a rest on the sidewalk and I took some cash in my pocket to buy something to quench my thirst.

"do you sell water..." Here I go again. I cleared my throat and change my language.

"May paninda ka bang tubig d'yan?"

"Nako ho! Naubusan ako, pero nagbebenta ako ng gulaman baka gusto mo."

"Sige, 'yan na lang. Magkano?"

"Eto, bente 'yong ganito karami." He showed my a plastic cup.

"Bente?" I'm not sure of what does bente means.

"Oo, umaangal ka ba? Hoy, hindi ako over pricing! Doon nga sa kabila bente singko pa ang benta. Kung ayaw mo abay, doon ka na lang sa kabila bumili."

"Pasensya ho, pero hindi ho iyon ang ibig kong sabihin."

"Bibili ka rin naman pala andami mo pang angal."

He gave me a cup of that slush drink and I quickly slurp it. Holly molly! This taste heavenly refreshing.

"Pabili pa ng isa."

"Bale cuarenta lahat." I know what cuarenta means, it is a Spanish word for forty, so I took the bill that the policemen gave me and paid the vendor.

I was able to revive my energy and begun to take my steps again and finally, I reached my building.

I quickly stormed going inside the building but the guard blocked my way. "Hep! San kapupunta?"

"Let me in! I'm going to my office!"

Their brows furrowed in confusion. "Pinagloloko mo ba kami?"

"Gentlemen, please let me in. If you don't believe me, then call for Jane, she's my secretary." They both suddenly laugh.

"Gusto mong mabatukan?! Si miss Jane ang Executive Assistant ni D.G.I. 'wag ka nang mag-imbento ng kung ano-anong kalokohan diyan! Alis! Dali! Alis!"

"Hey! I'm not making stories! Let me in! This is my office!" The guards push me out. I have never been this powerless in my own company. They were treating me with too much insult. How dare!

"Pareng Duke!" I hear a familiar voice of a kid so I turned around to see who it
was.

"Tantan!" Oh, thank God!

"Anong ginagawa mo dito? Bakit ganyan ang suot mo?" Elmo asked confused.

"Mahabang kwento. Can you help me get in?"

We return to the entrance and we talk to the guard and explained but they still didn't believe me. They insisted not to let me in because I couldn't show any proof that I am truly Duke Imperial. Well, I can't blame them, they were just doing their jobs; these two idiots deserve a reward.

"Tinawagan namin ang executive office upang hanapin si Miss Jane kaso nasa conference meeting daw siya sa mga oras na ito at ang sabi ay tatagal 'yon ng halos apat na oras," one of the guards said.

"Sandali lang. Mag-ttext ako kay Miss Jane. Sana lang ay mabasa niya," Elmo said as he took his cellphone.

We wait a few moments and there she called. "Elmo, maaari bang makausap ko si Sir Duke?" Elmo gave his phone to me and we talked.

We waited for her for about five minutes and there she finally arrived.

"Sir Duke, what happened? We've been waiting for you at the conference. The meeting has started already."

"Is dad in there already?" I asked. She noded in wary.

"He looks terribly mad."

Shit!

"Anong ba'ng pinaggagawa niyo?! Bakit hindi niyo agad pinapasok si sir Duke?" Jane scolded the guards.

"It's fine, Jane. Let's get there quick but I need to clean myself up first," I ordered.

"Sir, p-pasenya ho! Hindi po namin akalain na kayo pala talaga si Sir Duke. Patawarin niyo ho kami dahil hindi po namin kayo agad nakilala—" They both kneeled as they begged and apologies.

"Tumayo na kayo." I begun taking my steps. Jane together with Elmo and Tantan followed me. People were confused as they were staring at me and then their faces turned pale the moment they recognized me.

"Good morning, Sir Duke!" They all bowed down in surprise.

"I'm very sorry, Sir, for the way the guards had treated you. I'll talk to the HR department to terminate them effective immediately—"

I stopped. "And why would you do that? Jane, they're just doing their job, don't feel sorry about me... I want you to talk to HR and give them at least thirty percent increase from their salaries."

---

"Duke, what is happening with you?! I've been receiving a lot of issues about you lately! You even came very late to our meeting today. You know how much important that meeting is."

"Dad, look, I'm very sorry—"

"Duke, I didn't raise you to apologize to anyone. Imperials never humble themselves. You know we don't allow room for mistakes. This is a warning, Duke, if you don't perform well, I won't step down as the chairman of the board. Don't make me feel disappointed with you."

"Yes, I'll make this up to you."

"You should!" He walks out and slammed the door.

"Jane, get someone who could pick Travis' car and get it fix before returning it to him. I need to talk with Travis later on. Also, claim this back." I gave her the transaction papers and I get in straight to my office.

"Pareng Duke! Laro tayo chess," Tantan said.

"Call," I responded.

I must release my stress by playing with Tantan. This kid reminds me of my younger self. We got a lot in common; the only thing that we're different was that he doesn't have to try hard to please everyone, he's free, growing up without being miserable.

If I could only turn back time, I wanted to go back from where it all started. I'd rather choose death and let that woman live. She should've had live instead of me.

Up until now, I could see it vividly clear how I pointed the gun to her and her eyes were begging. Within just a blink of an eye, everything just ended. Her life, my childhood, and someone else's childhood lost its bright colors. It was all my fault.

Every time I remember it, the flash of that memories would bring me back to the scene, hunting me down, as if everything just happened yesterday. I could smell the blood that gushed out on the floor, I could feel the warm drip of tears blending in with her blood, her panting gets heavier as she fights for her life.

---

"Huy! Pareng Duke! Checkmate ka na!" Tantan snaps his fingers trying to wake me out of my trance.

"Duke, Meron pala akong hihingin na pabor sa 'yo," Elmo interrupted us.

"Spill."

"Kase kailangan ng nanay ng mauutusan tuwing may mga ipabibiling gamot o kung ano pang kailangan ni tatay sa ospital. Ang problema ko ay wala ngayon si Kara dahil lumuwas ito ng Pampanga upang rumaket kaya walang magbabantay kay Tantan. Kung maaari sana ay sa 'yo ko muna ito ihahabilin."

"Wala namang problema roon. Tantan is always welcome at my place anytime."

"Maraming salamat talaga, Duke."

"Walang ano man."

The night is nearly approaching so we decided to go home. "Tantan, let's go."

"Ayos, Pareng Duke!" He jumps at my back and them we fist bump.

"You're getting quite heavier each day. You know that?"

"Hyah!" Tantan yelled like a horseback rider and just like how a horse would do, I run. He giggled in too much thrill as he enjoys the ride.

We reached the parking lot but before we could even get in the car, I receive a call from Vladimir so I answered it.

"Duke, where are you? My sister is in jail again. I'm in Newyork with Vianca and I can't come to bail her. Right now, I'm already begging for an apology but can you bail her out for me? I'm so worried about her right now. I hope you'd extend your patience with her even longer. I'm so so sorry, Duke."

"Vlad, She's my wife now and she's now my responsibility. I believe, your sister is just fine there but don't worry, this is now on me."

"Thank you so much, Duke. It was so much a relief that my sister married a great man like you. I owe everything to you, Duke. She may be a headache all the time but I promise, I'll make everything up to you."

"No. You don't owe me anything. I'm going to hang up now, Vlad. Goodbye!"

We ended up the call and I let Tantan sit at the backseat. "Here, you should wear a seatbelt for a safe ride, okay?"

"Astig, Pareng Duke!" I smiled and pat his head.

I told my driver that I will be driving on my own and let him go home earlier. I called for Jane and told her to get someone who could block the media's access to her case. For sure, she will be the hot topic if the media will find this out.

"Jane, I'm on my way to pick Vlance, I need someone how could guard us up so the media won't be able to scope any information about this. If ever there is already, do everything at all cost to prevent it from spreading even further."

"Sir, it's all too late now, the news went viral real quick and we can no longer douse off the issue. But, I already sent someone how could guard you up so that no one can get any further information especially your connection with Miss Vlance."

At the back of my head, I now wanted to let the public know about our marriage, but I don't wanna be unfair to Vlance, I had already stolen her teenage life, where she is supposed to have fun, party all night, fulfill her dreams, and such. I don't want her to hate me for exposing our marriage for this might bring damage to her career. She's still too young and I don't wanna be selfish anymore.

We arrive at where she was being jailed and there someone from our connection from the National Police gave us private access to get in without getting noticed by the media.

"What did she do this time?"

"Illegal drug possession," the officer answered me.

"Tong its!" I was few meters away but I could clearly hear Vance's voice.

"Mga boplaks! Ang hihina niyo talaga! Akin na mga putsa niyo."

"Vlance, nandadaya ka ata eh?"

"Ulul! Mukha ba akong mandaraya? Kayo, ayus-ayusin niyo mga buhay niyo, huh? Oh, eto, ibalasa niyo ulit."

"Vlance, tuparin mo pinangako mo, huh? Kapag natalo ka, ibibigay mo sa akin ang isa sa mga sports car mo..."

"May isa akong salita at tinutupad ko 'yon. Dali, ibalasa niyo na ang baraha!"

I smiled in relief the moment I saw her as fine as a sound in wind and limb. I admit I got so worried morethan how Vlad felt anxious a while ago. I'd rather wish her to get imprisoned than getting hurt.

"Astig mo talaga, Vlance. Lodi!"

I gritted my teeth the moment I saw that man's filthy arm held her shoulders.

"Vlance!" I bawled in annoyance. I wanted to punch that ogre-looking moron.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 198 30
Ang misteryong bumabalot sa kupas na larawan Mystery/Thriller babz07aziole Unforgettable Series... Lahat tayo ay may LIHIM na ITINATAGO, Na hindi nat...
1M 34.4K 76
[REVISED VERSION: MAY 2024] Coffees and pancakes. Teas and waffles. Two people crossed that created ditto but with dissonance.
33.7K 1.2K 53
(UNEDITED) Zach James Lee's story... He's a playboy. Ang tinaguriang 'the playboy of the town' pero sabi nga nila, may hangganan din ang lahat. His l...