Rooming with Chase

By book_bitch07

I run out of the shower and crash into somebody making us both fall to the floor. What is it with me and cras... More

~PREFACE~
~CHARACTER AESTHETICS~
~PROLOGUE~
~CHAPTER 1~
~CHAPTER 2~
~CHAPTER 3~
~CHAPTER 4~
~CHAPTER 5~
~CHAPTER 6~
~CHAPTER 7~
~CHAPTER 8~
~CHAPTER 9~
~CHAPTER 10~
~CHAPTER 11~
~CHAPTER 12~
~CHAPTER 13~
~CHAPTER 15~
~CHAPTER 16~
~CHAPTER 17~
~CHAPTER 18~
~CHAPTER 19~
~CHAPTER 20~
~CHAPTER 21~
~CHAPTER 22~
~CHAPTER 23~
~CHAPTER 24~
~CHAPTER 25~
~CHAPTER 26~
~CHAPTER 27~
~CHAPTER 28~
~CHAPTER 29~
~CHAPTER 30~
~CHAPTER 31~
~CHAPTER 32~
~CHAPTER 33~
~CHAPTER 34~
~CHAPTER 35~
~CHAPTER 36~
~CHAPTER 37~
~CHAPTER 38~
~CHAPTER 39~
~CHAPTER 40~
~CHAPTER 41~
~CHAPTER 42~
~CHAPTER 43~
~CHAPTER 44~
~CHAPTER 45~
~CHAPTER 46~
~CHAPTER 47~
~CHAPTER 48~
~CHAPTER 49~
~CHAPTER 50~
~CHAPTER 51~
~CHAPTER 52~
~CHAPTER 53~
~CHAPTER 54~
~CHAPTER 55~
~CHAPTER 56~
~CHAPTER 57~
~CHAPTER 58~
~CHAPTER 59~
~CHAPTER 60~
~EPILOGUE~
Next Book!!

~CHAPTER 14~

6.1K 133 35
By book_bitch07

*•*•*•What if his last tomorrow came too soon?•*•*•*
——————————————————————————

Status: Not edited

"So why are we here at 6 in the morning on a Sunday?" Lizzie says while rubbing her eyes and yawning. After yesterday's gorilla glue events, we went to Home Depot. Then I had an amazing idea for a prank, it's a simple one I have done a couple of time before. Mouse traps, like I said it's simple, but so fun to watch. So now all we have to do is wait for his alarm clock to go off, and then show time.

"Prank war." They nod in approval.

"Will today's prank involve us visiting Dr. Sloan?" Liz ask and I shake my head

"Really I'm surprised, your pranks seemed to be getting more menacing. What's todays prank?" May ask.

"It's not a big one, but I put some mouse traps on the floor, so when he wakes up he can either step on them or not get out of bed at all. So he will be stuck in there all day."

"How is that not big?" Lizzie questions

"It isn't, but he may need to go to the nurse after though so... I learned it from Seb."

"You were a little troublemaker weren't you?" May smiles at me.

"Still am." I hear Chases alarm sound and look at the girls "show time." I open the door and just as I do he is putting his feet on the floor. He places he feet on the ground, and instantly raises them again.

"OW. WHAT THE FUCK?" he looks at me and I smirk at him. He stands in his bed and American ninja warriors his way over to the door. What the fuck. I start running away as fast as I could but he was way too fast and caught up with me. He grabbed me and carried me bridal style back to the room where the girls were now watching us with amused faces. "Have a nice sting princess." He goes to throw me to the floor so I can fall on my ass, but I quickly latch on to him so I wouldn't fall.

"No, no, no, no, no, no." I scream. "Please, no."

"Sorry princess it's up to karma not me." He goes to throw me again.

...

"Why do you have cushion under your butt?" Lucas asks.

"Nurses orders." I grumble.

"Oh what did you do now?" He looks at Chase.

"I spanked her." He says in a monotone voice and I hit him upside the head.

"No you didn't." I look at Lucas. "I pranked him, and I somehow ended up hurt."

"What'd you do?" Cole asks

"I put mouse traps on the floor, and the bitch ninja warriored his way over to the door, grabbed me, and threw me in the mouse traps. Now I have a bruised ass." I look over at Chase. "He stepped on the little shits and nothing happened to him. How does that even happen?"

"I'm just that amazing princess." I cringe at the nickname he gave me.

"Don't call me princess. That's like Tyler calling me Baby Doll."

"But princess fits you so well."

"No it doesn't." we continue to eat our breakfast and Max comes up to us.

"Hey." He says

"Hi what's up?" I smile up at him

"Can I steal you for a second?" I look at the girls and they nod very rapidly, I laugh at them and nod. "Wanna go for a walk?"

"Sure." We walk out of the dining hall and start wondering around school.

"So umm I- I was wonder- wondering if you wanted to- to." Aww he's nervous.

"Why are you so nervous?"

"Okay I can do this. I was wondering if you maybe, wanted to go on a date with me next weekend." I smile at how nervous he was.

"I would really like that."

"Really?" He questions excitedly.

"Yes." I laugh and continue. "I'm gonna go. Bye Max."

"Yeah, bye Maddie." I start to walk away and I hear a 'whoo hoo', I turn around and see him jumping his way down the hall. I shake my head laughing and start walking back to the dining hall.

...

"So what are we going to do today?" May asks

After I got back to the dining hall the girls bombarded me with questions. I told them everything. After we finished the boys said that they were going out to town, so the girls and I are now in my room. May and I are laying upside down in my bed while Liz is on Chase's bed.

"I don't know. Today has been a slow day." I say.

"It has been."

"I wonder what Luc- the guys are up to." Liz says from the other side of the room. I look at May and we smile at each other.

"Yeah they said they were gonna be back soon, but they have been out for at least like 2 hours." I sit up straight.

"Maybe they are buying stuff for tomorrow." May says

"What's tomorrow?" I ask playing with my hair

"Senior field day."

"Senior what day?"

"Senior field day darling, every year the seniors get a field day to start off the year, even though we are already 2 weeks into the school year." Lizzie explains while May nods in agreement.

"Oh. We do those in my school, but it's not senior field day, its high school field day." I pause and then continue. "But hold up, why do the boys have to buy the things?"

"Oh they didn't pay for it, they just have to go get the stuff because our teachers are lazy as fuck." May explains.

"That makes sense." I nod.

After a while, the boys text us asking if we can help them get the stuff out of the cars. So we go help them. When we get there we see the boys coming out of the parking lot with tires.

"Why?" I say looking at the guys.

"Obstacle course number one." Chase says.

"Cool?"

"Very." he nods his head and I smile at his exitement.

***

I used to love ice cream and driving around town, now I just hate both. I've been crying myself to sleep for the last week, I don't think anybody has noticed, so that's good. Tomorrow is the day I've been dreading, I'm not ready. How am I supposed to survive tomorrow? How am I supposed to watch as they lower him into the ground? He didn't deserve this nobody does. I have to go back to school next week. I have to face Javi. I have been ignoring his calls, and when he comes around to visit I tell Seb not to let him in. Now we were just eating in silence, the only sound being the one we make with the plates and the utensils.

"Can I be excused? I'm not really that hungry." I asked

"Sure sweetie." Nat nods. I go up to room and lay on my bed. Sometime I can't even sleep, but when I do I cry. I don't want him to be dead, it should've been me. I roll over and start to cry myself to sleep. Like every other night for the past week.

...

I watch as they lower the casket to the ground, tears slipping down my cheeks. After the ceremony is over I decided to stay here for a bit, I'm not ready to leave. The police had told us they caught the guy who crashed into us. That still doesn't make a difference. He's still gone. It started to rain, but I didn't care I just stayed there next to newly dug up dirt. I feel someone drape a jacket around my shoulders, I look up and see Javi holding an umbrella.

"Hey." He sits down next to me. I sniffle and look away.

"You need to talk to me Maddie."

"I can't Javi." I shake my head and look at the tombstone.

"Why not?" He asks. "I just wanna know why you're ignoring me, why you won't even look at me."

"Please not today. Today they put my father on the ground, today I don't want to think, today I want to sit here and just say goodbye. So please not today."

"Fine, but I just want to be here for you, Madds, I love you." He kisses my forehead and leaves. I sit there still looking at the tombstone.

"Hey dad. I really miss you." I start crying.

"I know what you're thinking, and I wish I loved him back. He's the best boyfriend anyone could ask for, but I don't love him. I was gonna break up that day, the day of the accident. But I think we both know how that ended." I chuckle humorlessly. "I just can't be that person for him."

"I don't know if you can hear me or not. I really hope you can, because I really need you. Please send me a sign or something telling me what to do." In that moment I don't know what happened but the rain went away and the sun came back. He was here.

"I love you dad." I start to cry even more.

***

I felt myself being shaken awake. I start to open my eyes and see Chase with a worried expression on his face. I feel warm tears stream down my face. I sit up straight and Chase sits down on my bed facing me. I start to cry and he still has a worried expression on his face.

"Are you okay?" He asked and I shake my head.

"He's not here and I miss him." I say and feel even more tears stream down my face, he gets in bed with me and held me in his arms, and I relaxed a little. He stroked my head

I looked at him. "I wasn't ready."

"Ready for what?"

"To say goodbye." I slowly stop crying.

"None of us are." He says, and he may not know it but it's comforting.

"I didn't get the chance to say goodbye." I said and looked up at him.

"The thing about goodbye's. We never really get to say them, because there's always tomorrow." He covered us with the blanket.

"What if his last tomorrow came too soon?" I feel a tear slip down my cheek.

"We never know when our last tomorrow is going to come, that's why we have to make all of our todays memorable." He pauses. "Was his memorable?"

"It was, but not the good kind of memorable."

"What kind of memorable was it?"

"The tragic kind." I look up at him. "The one you see in nightmares"

"I'm sorry." He kept stroking my head. I sniffle a little and he just holds me.

"You don't have to say that, it's not your fault."

"I know." He says. "I know you don't want to tell me, what they're about, but when you do I'm here.

"Maybe some other day." We stayed in that position for the rest of the night. I didn't even know what hour it was, I just knew I was okay. Stupid fucking nightmares.

...

I wake up because I need to use the bathroom. I try to move, but I can't because there is something holding me down. I look around and see an arm draping my waist and holding me tight. I hear somebody mumbling something in my ear. I turn my head and see Chase laying behind me. Just when I do that the door burst open and standing there is everybody with looks of surprise across their faces. How the fuck did he not wake up from that. I push Chase out of the bed and he falls face first on the floor.

"Ow, Maddie. What the fuck?" I look at him then at the door.

"Hey." I say. "Who's ready for senior field day? I know I'm not, so I should probably should go get ready." With that said I gathered my stuff and went to the bathroom. I close the door behind me, only for the door to open seconds later. The bathroom is silent the only sound being the shower head. "I know you guys are there."

"I'm just saying, you guys would be really cute together." May says

"No May." I turn off the shower and get my towel. I dry myself and get out. "Sorry to disappoint but he's just my roommate and nothing more." I start to get dressed.

"Then why was he in your bed?"

"Umm- that's irrelevant to the topic." I say brushing my hair.

"But is it?" Lizzie chimes in

"It is. Now let's go its senior field day." I say enthusiastically. And with that I leave the bathroom.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Heyyy lovelies it's here. Chapter 14, so Max asked her out, and she had another nightmare. But this one wasn't a nightmare more like sad dream. And of course I had to make them wake up together.

I really hope you enjoyed today's chapter, it was a fun one to write. Well except for the funeral part. If you enjoyed today's chapter make sure to comment, vote and share.

I hope you guys have an amazing weekend and an even more spectacular week. I will see y'all next Friday. Byeee

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

230K 8.5K 86
"I didn't fall for you, you fucking tripped me over." Tara thought her life turned crazy when her best friend's cousin showed up to town. The tall, s...
2.4M 71K 41
Where Jennie is lying to the group that her and Kai broke up. With Lisa finding out, Jennie begs her to keep it a secret. Will Lisa help the woman sh...
20.6K 706 59
Jaxon Gray is back in Rose Thorn Heights after he disappeared to Canada for a year. With his parents nagging him, the memory of his brother everywher...
123K 5.8K 44
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...