Intertwined Souls (JiTzu)

By 4four4four4

Park Jihyo and Chou Tzuyu are two people who are different yet the same in many ways. They both live with a p... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Epilogue

Chapter 28

583 35 44
By 4four4four4

Sunday Morning: 10:00 A.M

3rd Person POV

Although Tzuyu's support and warmth provided Jihyo with what she needed to feel better, there was still part of Jihyo that felt down. Tzuyu noticed this immediately after waking up and having breakfast with Jihyo. She devised a plan to cheer her girlfriend up.

Tzuyu convinced Jihyo to go out with her. Jihyo accepted without a question. Tzuyu carried Gucci in his carrying bag as they all left the apartment. Jihyo and Tzuyu intertwined hands while Tzuyu placed Gucci between the two of them. The little dog barked and panted as they passed by other dogs. Jihyo and Tzuyu giggled as Gucci would whine when the other dogs went out of sight.

They all arrived at Tzuyu's planned destination after a short walk. Jihyo was surprised when she saw the community centre in front of her. She looked towards Tzuyu who was smiling at her. She did not question Tzuyu's intentions as she allowed the younger woman to bring her to the community centre garden.

Tzuyu let go of Jihyo's hand to allow the older woman to find a spot to sit. She placed Gucci's carrying bag on the ground and allowed the little dog to jump out and run around. She laughed before going over to sit beside Jihyo who had found a bench.

"So, why did you bring me here?" Jihyo asked curiously.

"Well, you mentioned that this was your home away from home, so I was hoping that it would offer you some comfort," Tzuyu replied as she looked up at the sky.

Jihyo smiled before leaning over to kiss Tzuyu on the cheek, "Thank you, Chewy. It's been a very long time since I have sat here. This garden has always found a way to calm me."

Tzuyu giggled as she smiled because of Jihyo's kiss, "I know what you mean. This garden just has a magical effect."

Jihyo and Tzuyu leaned back into the bench and stared up at the sky overhead. The clouds quickly moved overhead as rays of light shone down to the earth. It was very calming and almost put both women to sleep.

"I already know you know this but..." Tzuyu trailed off as she sat up, "I am here for you whenever you need me. I know whatever is going through your mind is difficult to talk about, and I am in no way trying to force you to talk or anything. I just want to remind you that I will be here for you no matter what."

Jihyo sat up and let out a sigh, "I know you are. It's just been hard to bring up. But I guess now is a better time than any."

Tzuyu gave Jihyo a concerned look, "Are you sure? I don't want you to force yourself to talk about it if it makes you uncomfortable."

Jihyo nodded her head as she reached out to intertwined hands with Tzuyu, "Now I am sure," she replied before taking a deep breath, "The person who attacked me is my father," she said, surprising Tzuyu, "To tell you the truth, I lied about part of my past. My family was perfect when I was younger. I had loving parents who doted on me all of the time. All of that changed when my mother passed away due to illness when I was about seven years old. My father changed instantly. He sank into depression and started drinking heavily."

Jihyo paused as her body started to shake, "My father started abusing me. Every possible form you can think of, he did except for sexual. I had no friends, so I always felt alone in the abuse. I would come to this garden for comfort."

Tears started falling from Jihyo's eyes as she struggled to continue, "The abuse and pain continued for several years until a teacher noticed and called Child Protective Services. I was happy because I was put into the foster system and could find a new family. But it turns out that the system was just as bad as my abusive father. You already know the rest of my story, but my experience in the foster system led me to develop the belief that there was no reason for me to get close to others as they would just abandon me anyways. I am sorry for lying to you, but I didn't want anyone knowing the truth. There's no point hiding it now that my father has shown up again."

Jihyo started sobbing, "I honestly thought I was able to escape from him. He was one of the reasons my life became the way it was. I wanted to forget him forever, but now he's back. I am honestly scared about what he is planning to do. I am worried beyond belief that he might do something to everyone else."

Tzuyu pulled Jihyo into a hug as she allowed the older woman to cry into her shoulder. She wrapped her arms protectively around Jihyo. She never suspected that there was more to Jihyo's past. Gucci even ran up to them and sat down. He whined out of concern for Jihyo as it was clear that one of his owners was hurt.

"It's okay. Even though I know the truth, I don't plan to run away. I am going to be right here by your side to support you. I am also certain that everyone else will support you as well," Tzuyu said softly as she rubbed Jihyo's back, "You do not have to apologize for lying. I understand how difficult it can be to talk about your past. I am thankful that you opened up and told me the complete story. You are brave and strong for doing so."

Jihyo separated from the hug and wiped her tears away, "Thank you, Chewy. Your support means a lot to me. The biggest thing that scares me right now is that my father has changed. The way he spoke and acted was not the same way he spoke and acted when I was still a child. I can't predict what he will do anymore. It will be difficult to deal with him."

Tzuyu leaned forward to place a kiss on Jihyo's forehead, "Then we will just have to work even harder to be several steps ahead of him. It will be hard, but I am certain that everyone's combined effort will help."

Jihyo smiled lovingly at Tzuyu. She loved how the younger woman was doing everything possible to cheer her up and support her. Tzuyu was happy that Jihyo gave her a genuine smile. Even Gucci started panting and wagging its tail as it could see that both of his owners were happy again.

"Tzuyu?" a woman's voice suddenly rang from the entrance of the garden.

Tzuyu whipped her head around and was surprised to see her mother. She glared at the woman before wrapping her arms protectively around Jihyo. Gucci stood up and started barking angrily at the woman as it sensed that Tzuyu did not like her. Tzuyu's mother was saddened by Tzuyu's reaction but was happy to see that she was protective of Jihyo.

"Is it okay if I sit on the bench beside you two? I have something I want to show," Tzuyu's mother asked.

Jihyo whispered reassuring words to Tzuyu to get the younger woman to loosen up. Tzuyu let out a sigh as she knew that Jihyo really wanted her to talk to her mother. She let go of Jihyo and told Gucci to stand down. The little dog ran in a little circle before lying down and falling asleep.

"Sit," Tzuyu commanded.

Tzuyu's mother sat down on the other bench and placed a small photobook on her lap, "For some reason, Jihyo's features looked very familiar to me, so I did some research and realized that the both of you played at the same daycare together. I think Jihyo was about five or six years old and Tzuyu was four years old. Jihyo would always be leading Tzuyu and taking care of her no matter what you two did. I even have some pictures from then."

Tzuyu's mother handed Tzuyu the photobook she was holding. Tzuyu opened the book for both Jihyo and her to look at. Their eyes widened in surprise as they recognized their younger selves in the photos. There were many pictures of them playing together and Jihyo being the leader. The most heartwarming picture was of them hugging each other while taking a nap. It brought a smile to their faces which brought a smile to Tzuyu's mother's face.

"This is... really us?" Tzuyu asked aloud.

Tzuyu's mother nodded her head, "Yes, it really is. I was hoping that these pictures would serve as the start of a beautiful friendship. The two of you would always talk about each other and how much you liked each other. It was really adorable. I was even close to Jihyo's mom but..." she paused to look at Jihyo.

Jihyo nodded her head, "Chewy already knows what happened."

"You and your father moved away shortly after your mom's passing. I tried tracking you down as I wanted to support you two, but that was around the time that I relapsed," Tzuyu's mother explained.

"Do you... have any other stories?" Tzuyu asked.

Tzuyu's mother thought for a second before nodding her head, "One of the few times that I was sober, I found you lying here in this garden. I don't know if you remember, but I placed a blanket over you and placed some food beside you. I should have probably brought you home, but I knew that this place was a better home than our actual home. I also found Jihyo asleep on the other side of this garden. I didn't recognize her at the time as I only saw her in passing."

Tzuyu was shocked by everything that she was hearing. She could not believe that she had forgotten these memories. She refused to let herself get overwhelmed by emotions once again. She stood up and went to sit down beside her mother, surprising both her mother and Jihyo.

"Tzu---" Tzuyu's mother was about to say before being interrupted.

"I am sorry for misunderstanding you," Tzuyu spoke as tears welled up in her eyes, "All this time that I thought you were a demon turned out to be all wrong. It wasn't your fault that the both of us ended up where we were. Yet, I blamed you and put all of my hatred towards you. I wish I could go back and understand you. Maybe, just maybe, I could have saved you. I could have saved us both from pain."

Tzuyu's mother started to tear up, "Don't apologize. It's not your fault. It's my fault for not being stronger for you. I made a promise when I found out that I was pregnant with you that I would protect you and be the best mom I could towards you. I am sorry for failing you."

Tzuyu latched herself to her mother and started crying, "You tried your best. I still remember the brief moments where I felt your warmth. I missed those days. I envied how the other kids would have their moms pick them up from school. I envied how the other girls would talk about going to the mall with their moms. I envied everyone and hated you because you couldn't do the same for me. I was misguided until Ji-Ji showed me the truth about you. I ran away the other day because I was overwhelmed. I didn't see the demon I saw you to be, but the caring mother that you used to be. I am sorry. I am sorry for all these years of hatred towards you. I am sorry for being a terrible daughter."

Tzuyu's mother fought back the tears that were threatening to fall from her eyes as she wrapped her arms around Tzuyu, "You're not a terrible daughter, Tzuyu. I am a failure as a mother. There have been so many years of regrets. Regrets that I couldn't provide you with the things you wanted and needed. I hated myself for failing you. I hated that my daughter followed the same path that I wanted her to stay away from. I hated that I couldn't help my daughter escape that same path that I once escaped from. Can you forgive me and let me repent for my failures as your mother?"

Tzuyu nodded her head as she sobbed even harder, "Yes! I forgive you! I miss you and this warmth that I vaguely remember!"

Tzuyu's mother finally started crying, "Thank you, Tzuyu! I promise that I am going to do better this time!"

Tears of happiness started falling from Jihyo's eyes. She was happy that Tzuyu and her mother finally made up after all of these years. She was still surprised that Tzuyu and her had met a very long time ago, but now was not the time to talk about that. She was hopeful for the future and imagined how adorable it will be when Tzuyu goes on a mother-daughter date to the mall. She looked forward to the day that Tzuyu's mother helps them plan their eventual wedding.

Tzuyu and her mother separated from their hug. Tzuyu's mother wiped away her tears before wiping Tzuyu's tears away. Tzuyu whined at the action which caused her mother to giggle. Tzuyu also giggled and smiled widely at her mother. It melted both Tzuyu's mother and Jihyo to the core to see this expression on Tzuyu's face.

"That reminds me," Jihyo said as she stood up and gained everyone's attention, "I have been meaning to give this to Chewy."

Jihyo pulled out the charm that the elderly woman gave her and gave it to Tzuyu. She explained how it was meant to help bring her and her mother together. In a way, it was basically a protective charm to protect both of them on their journey to reconciliation. Tzuyu looked at the charm and clutched it close to her chest. Even though it was just a charm, she could feel its protective aura radiating from it.

"Thank you, Ji-Ji," Tzuyu said before turning towards her mother, "And thank you for trying to make amends. I love you, mommy."

---TWICE---

A/N: Hello everyone! I am back with another update! We learn the full story behind Jihyo's past. Tzuyu was surprised but vows to stand by Jihyo's side. We also got to see Tzuyu and her mother finally reconcile. Anyways, until next time, thank you for the support!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.9K 3.3K 51
Park Jihyo could not be any happier on the night of her one-year anniversary with Minatozaki Sana. Their special day was ruined due to work, but Jihy...
163K 6.5K 38
โ A story of two young girls striving to be part of each other's lives once again. โž [ edits ] 093018 093118 111918
3.1K 134 15
Park Jihyo and Chou Tzuyu could not be any happier with their relationship. They were known as the golden couple amongst their friends and peers. All...
129K 5.1K 48
Nothing more addicting than you, the only one thing in my life that I desperately want to have. But everything changes after I know, I am not the one...