π•Ώπ–π–Š π•Όπ–šπ–Šπ–Šπ–“'π–˜ π•·π–Žπ–”π–“

By Sunny_DDoodles

Y/N was normal, and so was her life. She didn't have dead, rich abusive parents or any magical powers of any... More

Prologue
A Strange Waitress
Her First Patrol
The Undertaker
An 'L' Shaped Scar
Hot Off the Press
The Double Charles
A Special Fitted Coffin
Jack The Ripper
The Faux Angel
The Midnight Bell
Madam Red and Grelle Sutcliff
Beautiful, Gorgeous, Gushing Red
Late Night Tea
Spider Lilies
Marchioness Francis Phantomhive-Midford
Worthless, Rotten and Ignorant
A Prince of Bengal
The Bratty Prince
A Busy Day's lessons
Chores
A Midnight Stroll
The Prince's Lesson
Kali's Right Hand
A Rickety, Old Bar Stool
Knocking on Death's Door
Taste Tests
Curry For Queen and Country
The Curry Bun
A Victory Celebration
The Servants of the Phantomhive Manor
Promises, Promises
A Festive Epilogue
Incorrect Quotes
Incorrect Quotes 2
Incorrect Quotes 3

Back to the Future

3.4K 138 21
By Sunny_DDoodles

Y/N felt a cold sweat drip down her forehead as she shook from under her covers. She was back home. She was home. Y/N threw the covers off her body and she ran to the nearest window like her life depended on it, throwing open the blinds she looked out to see her yard and neighbor's house just like they had always been. There was no bustling London street, no 19th century women in flowing dresses, just the neighborhood that she lived in. Y/N clutched the window frame as she tried to steady her rapid breathing and tried not to throw up. Y/N fell to her knees and she held them close to her chest on the floor. She sat there shaking and whispering to herself "I made it home, I'm home," over and over for several minutes before she finally stopped shaking. It was then that she realized she wasn't in her hoodie: She was in the night gown Alice bought her in London. Y/N gripped the fabric, almost ripping it off her body, "It wasn't a dream. I was there, I was in London," her breaths sped up again and she started to hyperventilate. It felt like hours before she was able to regain her composure and stand up again. Y/N walked through her house to the kitchen like she had seen a ghost. Once she reached the kitchen, she looked for where she had left her phone. She found it sitting beside the couch. Y/N took a couple of deep breaths before turning it on. The time was 11:34 and the date wasn't July 25th like it would have been in the Black Butler version of London she had disappeared to; the date was the day after her school let out. According to her phone, Y/N hadn't been gone for the last 24 hours, she had just been asleep. "What the fuck is going on?" Y/N whispered to herself as she collapsed on the couch gripping her phone and hair in her hands.

Y/N stayed on the couch for about half an hour before she stood up and made herself breakfast. She was moving as if she was in a trance, still trying to process all that had happened. As she ate, she mentally went over what she knew: she had gone to bed and woken up in London on July 24 in 1888. She stayed with Alice Brewer working as a waitress for the night and met Fred Aberline. After the pub closed she went on a patrol and stopped a man from harassing a prostitute. The Undertaker spoke to her but she didn't say anything to him directly. The only canon character she spoke to was Aberline. After her patrol she went back to Alice's pub and got ready for bed. She went to sleep in the pub and woke up at home. According to her phone's time and date she had only been gone for 9 hours and 34 minutes. She had no missed calls and only a few unread texts and notifications to prove she hadn't been missing. She woke up in her own house in the nightgown from London which proved that it had been real. Y/N thought about it more and more but nothing special aside from her interactions with Aberline and the Undertaker seemed to stand out to her. She knew she couldn't have changed the storyline in just one day by being a waitress and helping just one woman. It was just a dumb idea to think she had that much impact in only 24 hours. The thought of having no impact made Y/N's heart sting a little bit as she put up her plate in the dishwasher. "You're not seriously thinking about going back?" asked the voice in her head, "You have no idea how you got there or how you made it back. Plus what if you die? You could've taken on those drunks or that asshole pig but what if someone like Sebastian or Grelle went after you? It's dangerous and only Abigail and Christopher would even notice you'd gone missing."

Unless...

"Only the time I would spend sleeping passes," Y/N said out loud, "My body passes from now to Black Butler when I sleep and vice versa. When I go to sleep again, I should wake up in the Pub. It makes some sense, I fell asleep in my bed and woke up in the alley. Then I went to bed in the pub and woke up at home. Only the time I spent sleeping passed and the only thing that changed was what I was wearing because I changed into different clothes before I went to bed in London. Plus, I know exactly who to avoid and how. That should keep me somewhat safe." Y/N told these things to herself as she took off the nightgown and got ready to take a shower. Hopefully it would help her wake up and she could focus a little more on what's going on. 

While she was in the shower she pondered on why she was just now starting to freak out, and why the hell she had gotten so serious and scary so suddenly. Fear and shock. That was all it really was. Simple fear and shock of so suddenly being placed in a different setting and time. At first she was basically numb due to the pure shock of it all and then she got aggressive to defend herself in the new and unfamiliar environment. She also used information stored in the back of her mind from reading through fan fic after fan fic to plan her patrol. She had read about it so many times it was almost a programmed response. She was only getting scared now because the effects of the shock were wearing off, and not just the effects of the shock of getting thrown into Black Butler, but the shock of her own actions on her patrol. The combined reactions of her shock and internal fear plus her idea of patrolling ended up causing her sudden call to action. In a twisted way, it almost made sense.

One long and hot shower later, Y/N was drying herself off as she continued to ponder how the Hell she had ended up in Black Butler. Nothing like that had ever happened to her before and she wasn't one to wish upon a flying star. Besides, stuff like that was bullshit to her: Magic wasn't real. In real life it's just tricks and illusions. "But that alley wasn't a trick and Alice definitely wasn't some trippy illusion," Y/N said to herself as she pulled on another hoodie and pants/a skirt, "You can't just put up a busy London street up overnight and no one I know has enough cash to afford such an elaborate trick." Y/N sighed as she hit a mental brick wall. She still hadn't figured out how all this happened, how she got into Black Butler was still a mystery. When she went back into her room, the nightgown was right where she left it. It hadn't vanished into thin air. She had definitely been in London. Part of Y/N hoped it would vanish while she was in the shower as if to prove all of this was just a bad dream and she was just suffering from an overactive imagination, but it appeared as if she was suffering from the ability to unconsciously travel into another reality. Now another question appeared in her mind: why? She'd never been able to do that before, she had always gone to sleep, occasionally she had a dream and then woke up in her bed. Not once had she ever transcended realities! 

Y/n spent the day going through the motions of what she would have done any other day when she found herself alone in the house: she watched some anime, went on social media, made herself an underwhelming lunch, called WYLW, got some money to go out tomorrow for food, watched some more anime, and read some fanfiction. Before she knew it, the day had passed. If she was being honest with herself she had really just spent the day stumbling through a daze. No matter what she did to occupy her mind, it always wandered back to London and the pub. She was rigorously rereading the Black Butler mangas at an alarming speed, trying to cram as much into her head as possible. She set down the first book and made a mental summary: In Black Butler volume 1 Ciel Phantomhive is kidnapped by an Italian gangster and Sebastian saves him. This was essentially what went down in the first few episodes of the anime. "So he'll be busy for a little bit before he has to work on the Ripper case," Y/N mumbled as she picked up the second book and flipped through it. "So by the end of the second book, Sebastian and Grelle are ready to face off and all the events leading up to it are almost exactly the same as the anime: Ciel travels to the city with Lau, Madam Red and Grelle. They go to the Undertaker for information and then they come to the conclusion that the Viscount is behind it. Ciel cross dresses (and is killing it I might add-) and gets captured and auctioned off before Sebastian gate crashes and saves his ass. The Viscount is arrested but the killings continue, there's a really touching scene between Madam Red and Ciel before he and Sebastian catch her and Grelle in the act of killing their last victim. Grelle is revealed as a reaper and then she fights Sebastian." Sounded easy enough to remember. The sun had long set and Y/N still hadn't made herself dinner yet so she decided to treat herself and order a pizza. As she waited for the pizza to be delivered she thought about what her next steps should be once she arrived back in London. She already went on one patrol and she didn't plan on stopping, so she realized she should try to take a gun from her house with her. "Since I was able to travel with my hoodie and the nightgown, as long as it's touching my body it should be able to go with me when I hop realities," Y/N thought as she sifted through the cabinet looking for the pistol she knew WYLW had stashed when they started leaving Y/N by themselves. Y/N had shot it quite a few times just to get a feel for it and her aim wasn't half bad either. Also a gun was much more terrifying than a knife.

After the pizza arrived and Y/N paid, she went back to wrapping up the trigger of the pistol in saran wrap so she wouldn't accidentally fire it when she fell asleep. Even though the safety was locked on, she wasn't taking any chances. Plus, if Alice woke her up and scared her, she didn't want to pump her full of lead. Y/N had made sure the gun was fully loaded and she had several extra rounds ready to reload should the need arise. After Y/N finished off her dinner and got into her nightgown she went over the plan once more: "Alice will wake me up, if she asks I'll tell her I got the gun last night with some tips I had in my pocket from working and spare change I found laying around from some drunks," Y/N said as she crawled into bed with the pistol and bullets in her hands. She placed them under the fabric of her gown and pulled the covers over herself so she would be comfortable when she returned. "If I return is more like it. There's still not a guarantee that I'll make it back to London," Y/N muttered as she tried to fall asleep.

She had been lying there for almost 2 hours with the pistol and a bag of ammo uncomfortably stuffed in her nightgown. Y/N had tried to move as little as possible so she wouldn't blast a hole in the wall, or her skull. "I know it won't fire with the safety on, but still," she thought as her eyelids grew heavier and heavier, "I won't be able to do much good if I've only got half a head." She felt some relief at finding it harder and harder to keep her eyes open; previously, she had been so excited she found it almost impossible to fall asleep. She adjusted herself a few more times before she finally felt the world going dark and she slowly lost consciousness.

"Here we go again, this is some weird Back to the Future shit..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 3.6K 28
This is my first time writing this sort of thing so sorry if it's bad. (Y/N)= your name (L/N)= last name (F/c)= favourite colour (H/l)= hair lengt...
18.2K 589 11
//COMPLETED// //Black Butler Fanfiction// //SebastianxReader// //Description// Y/N is a criminal who specializes in throwing knives, she is conniving...
284K 10.5K 31
The sun beat down on my skin, my tattered clothes showed parts of skin that where exposed to it's harmful rays. My bare feet sunk into the ground, th...
28.9K 978 13
After a mountain of grief, stress of being a noblewoman, and an argument with a long-term friend, you took a stroll to clear your head. Rain poured o...