You Just Have to Dream Hard E...

By xStarxKillax

Every directioner wants to date a 1D member. They've thought of countless possibilities and wrote so many ima... More

You Just Have to Dream Hard Enough [Niall Horan]
Ch.2: When Dreams Dawn On You
Ch.3 Running Into the Man Of Your Dreams; Literally
Ch. 4: Car Rides Can Be Fun
Ch.5: Fangirling is okay right?
Ch. 7: Nerf on my Terf
Ch.8: First Dates Can Scare You
CH. 9: Mood for Food
Ch. 10: Birthday Bash
Ch. 11: Writing the New Album
Ch. 12 Simon and Secrets
Ch. 13: Two Days Left
Ch. 14: Packing
Ch. 15: Naughty Twitcams
Ch. 16 Beginning of What I Hope Isn't THE END
Ch. 17: How To Become A Text-Aholic

Ch. 6: Dinner and Attention

20 0 0
By xStarxKillax

It had been about two days since I met the boys and we became friends. Which was a huge shock to me. They had asked for my phone before I left that night and put their numbers in. Sadly though I had to go digging for them because they had put each other under nicknames. Which i thought was cute because it showed that we were indeed friends.

Liam's was 'Plain Payne' a joke he took from me calling myself a plain Jane. Louis put his under "REAL Brother.' To which I smiled and laughed. Zayn put himself under 'I Know Your Secret.' Harry put himself under 'Extraordinharry,' and finally Niall put himself under 'Irish Babe <3' Didn't take me long to realize who was who, but to find them in the sea of my contacts was hard. But I had been texting them which was fun while Beth and I discovered more awesome things about London. It was beautiful and I never wanted to leave.

"Yeah, I can't believe it either!" I heard Beth say talking on the phone. I had just gotten out of the shower. When she saw me she beckoned me over not caring that all I was in was just a towel. She put the phone on speaker and set in on the table she was sitting at.

"Did she get their autographs!?" My mom yelled into the phone. I could hear the excitement in her voice.

"No," I told her. "I got their numbers though."

"Yeah Aunt they like totally lover her. Like they bought us lunch, took us to a museum, let us ride in A LIMO- that was my favorite part- and let us go back to one their houses. Can you believe it?! We actually got to spend a whole day with them!"

"I'm so happy for you! I knew you'd meet them, but I'm glad to know that you got more than what you expected."

"WAY more than I expected, Ma. WAAAAYYYYY more. But me and Beth are going to go the old parliment houses--"

"NERD!"

I rolled my eyes at my mom's comment, "-And then after we grab some lunch were going to get ready for our dinner with the boys."

"Wow, Kid, look at you hanging out with famous people." she sighed. "You really are his kid. Well, I'll talk to you girls later. Love you."

After we said our goodbyes I went to go get dressed while Beth talked non-stop about how I chose the lamest things to do. Which I didn't think they were lame. And who's birhtday trip was this? Yeah, that's right. Mine. So yeah. Swerve. Wow, I just said that. Gross. I picked out a pair of dark blue jeans that faded in the middle and out rolled a shirt that was a brown long sleeved v-neck. I then threw my hair into a bun so that way by the time it was night time it'd be curly. I didn't own a curling iron. Yet alone known how to use one so putting my wet hair in a bun was as good as it was going to get. Plus, natural was always better right?

I sighed as I heard my phone go off. It was only seven thirty. Lily looked at the screen and threw it my way saying it was some stalker. I rolled my eyes as I saw it was Zayn

"Its Zayn dork."

"Oh, weird name you put him under. Made him sound like he was a creeper."

"He put it in there not me!"

From: I Know Your Secret

Don't forget about tonight! Dinner is on us <3 And both of your wear something semi-formal xx

To: I Know Your Secret

Yummm me getting dressed up? I can feel the excitement already x] hints to where we are going?

From: I Know Your Secret

You wish I would tell! GTG gonna take a pic of Harry whist he is sleeping then pouring whipped cream on him xx

***

As we walked back into the hotel to get ready I began to realize I didn't bring anything semi-formal in my bag. And sadly niether did Lily

"Shopping?" She asked. I nodded and groaned as we set out for the second time this week to an outlet. A lot of the stores we didn't have back where we lived like 'Quiz.' But we soon found a store we were familiar with 'H&M.' We frantically looked around for something that would suit our taste but was still a little girly cause... Well, we weren't. She went with a pair of black jeggings and the cutest white blouse I had ever seen her wear our entire lives.

"Of course you got jeggings. Slut." I said as she looked in the mirror as we tried it on at the store. Her bubble butt sticking out more than usual. Her butt honestly was bigger than Louis'. And that's saying something.

She smirked and took it off and walked to the counter not even letting me see what I was going to wear. She said if I saw and tried it on I wouldn't get it and there was no way she was going to let me miss out on a killer outfit. To which I rolled my eyes.

Later than evening a taxi had dropped us off at Harry's flat to which he had to text me the adress so I now and forever would know his address by heart. So I'm a little obssessed with them. As if you aren't! As I stepped out the taxi the cold air hit my legs since I was wearing a skirt! Me! It was simple light pink skirt with a black design and plain white shirt that was tucked in with my chucks. I glared at Lily as I rubbed my legs as we walked towards the door and she just laughed at my childish actions.

The door bell rang and I'm sure my heartbeat was louder than it. The door swung open to reveal Louis. "My sister!"

He engulfed me in a tight hug and I hear Lily laughing beside me as I was being squished. "Help," I choked. He heard and let go apologizing and I just shook my head and chuckled. He then hugged Beth and let us in to show some nice looking boys. I smiled at them as I took in their looks in. They looked kind of serious looking and that only made me more suspicious.

"Where are we going?" Beth asked for me and they just grinned and laughed evilly. Beth began to cower infront of me. "You boys aren't funny. Now tell us where!"

"Its just a resturaut, Love. No need to get so worked up about it. It's Kuzu. It's turkish food." Harry said walking over to us and slinging his arms over our shoulders.

"I love turkish food!" Niall exclaimed.

"You like any food," Zayn chuckled as he put a hand on his shoulder. He then motioned for us to leave and we all walked out the door to find yet another mini-limo awaiting.

"You could just have had Harry and Louis drive." I said.

"This is a date. Only the fanciest for our girls." Harry told us pushing us inside. I looked to Beth becuase of Harry's words. She just shrugged and grinned as if to say to go wih the flow.

As we arrived the lady was going to ask for the name for the reservation and I giggled loudly as the boys said "Hi, We're One DIrection," before any words left her mouth. As she showed us to a table two girls were already sitting there and being a fan I knew exactly who they were.

"Oh, my goodness!" My eyes bulged out of my sockets probably. "Wow, you two really are gorgeous. So much better than the pictures I've seen."

"Speak for youself. You're beautiful." El told me, "And I guess your the fan that Nialler ran into."

"Y-Yeah," I blushed. "And this is my cousin Beth. Beth this is Danielle and Eleanor. Liam's and Louis's girlfriends."

"Stalker much?" She retorted to me as she shook the girls' hands. "Excuse her. She has the One Direction Obssession Infection."

They laughed and I punched her lightly as the boys chuckled as they got into their seats. Zayn holding out my chair and Harry doing the same for Beth. On one side it was Liam, Louis, Me and Zayn. And the other was Danielle, Eleanor, Niall, Beth and Harry. "On a scale of one to ten how big of a fan are you?"

"100." I told Eleanor. "Maybe more?"

"How bad did she freak out?" Danielle whispered across to Liam, but I still heard.

"Actually not that bad. A couple moments of excitement. Nothing too big." He smiled at her and she nodded happily. They were adorable. "Seems like the boys really like her. And her cousin is a real laugh."

I moved in my chair shuffling in the seat trying not to listen to the others conversations too much. Beth seemed to be engaged in a story with Harry and Zayn of when we went to Mexico to see part of our family. They boys seemed to enjoy the way she made our totally boring trip seem interesting and they told her of the places they enjoyed on the last tour. I shifted again and hit something with my foot. A face peered out from look at the menu to to make a snappy remark at me.

"Oi, watch your feet!" Niall joked.

"Me? Maybe you should divert your attention from the menu and pay attention to your surrondings."

"Are you trying to say I should pay more attention to you?" He asked winking. I automatically flushed. He was cheeky alright. I began to stutter trying to tell him that's not why I put my foot there. "You don't have to hit my foot to get my attention; just ask."

"I- No. That's not why I did it." I look in my lap and began to fiddle with my thumbs. Yes, I was awkward when people flirted with me. Even though I was a huge flirt. But that was when I wasn't trying. And when I did... It was bad. I was bad.

Wait, that means Niall is flirting with me?

Oh

My

Goodness.

How many people can say Niall flirted with them? Not many... Well at least not of the people I knew. This was not a time to be timid, I told myself. Your celebrity crush is talking to you one-on-one. This is a once in a life time thing. Any girl would kill to be you. You'd kill to be you right now if it was some one else. Dont think. Time to use that Royal Charm.

"So I just half to ask?" I said looking up from my hands to him. His eyes widened as he seemed taked aback at the new confidence I gained.

He grinned, "That's all you have to do."

"Hmm. Hey Niall?"

"Yeah?"

"I want your attention all night."

"One condition."

I cocked an eyebrow. "And that is?"

"What's mine is yours. What's yours is mine."

It took me a second to get what he was hinting at, but I realized that if I had his attention that meant he had mine as well. "Deal."

"Ask Janie herself! I kid you not we were this close to be stung by a jellyfish."

"You mean that time we were on the banana boat with Blanca?" I asked Beth and the boys groaned at me obviously confirming her story.

"Told you I had the most badass near death experiences." She told them. "You boys may travel a lot but it seems like you don't really enjoy the stay."

"We try but its hard when you have to leave soon to a new location and if you do go out not get caught by fans." Harry told her and I began to get engaged in their conversation even after we ordered and were waiting for their food. He and Zayn were telling us about all the times the fans would bombard them when they tried to do something.

They told us that even though they loved the fans very much sometimes they got a little crazy and they told us stories on how crazy some of them were. And how some of those ones ruined some of the experiences they had. They said they didn't mind seeing them and taking pictures but it got annoying when the fans interrupted their down time.

But as soon as the food arrived all conversation died. All of it. The boys and their girlfriends watched us closey as we took our first bites waiting for our reactions. I took a peice of the lamb I had gotten since it was their specialty and I had never tried it before. I popped in my mouth and instantly regretted it. It was still hot and my dumb self still took a bite with out thinking right. My first reaction was to spit it out but then I thought the boys would find that gross so i took my napkin and spit it in there. They laughed at my reaction to the hot food.

Beth being the smarter one blew on her food and then took a bite and her eyes widened as she took in the taste. It obviously was good and she only clarified what I thought when she said: "This is amazing!"

The boys sat back giving out a sigh obviously satisified. "Trust me they did the same thing us when they took us out here." El told us.

"Or actually anywhere." Danielle confirmed. They laughed and bumped shoulders as if implying a little insider joke. Typical girls. That was good though. I thought they'd be differend. More stuck up or something. But it seemed that I was wrong. "Do try yours Jane."

And I did and let me tell you. Perfection. Lamb is actually really good. Still like bison better or was it oxon? I don't know. Doesn't matter. It was sometime of meat okay?

"This is sooo good. Wow I love you boys more than I did yesterday!"

"Awe sis. That's so sweet!" Louis said putting his arm around me. "Oh yeah babe this is my sister. Jania Roy-Al Tomlinson. If only she had my eyes." He then took a peice off my plate as too which I stole from his and then Zayn's. I had been making small talk with the girls when I felt someone kicking my foot.

Niall.

I shot him a glance he lifted his eyebrows as if to say 'We have a deal.' Then I shifted my conversation to him. We were just making small talk about the things we liked which I basically knew a lot about him which he was actually not creeped out by. He thought it was awesome that I was such an amazing fan, but then Liam and asked me a question before returning to talk to his girlfriend. I went back to talk to Niall but he was talking to Beth and Zayn. After a while of just seeing everyone chatting with me observing I nudged Niall's foot and he immediately focused his conversation on me.

That happened a lot that night. We would chat here and there before something would itterupt and then we'd get bored of that conversation and nudge at each others feet before the whole process continued.

***

"No! HARRY YOU BLODDY DAFT ARSEHOLE!" Louis exclaimed as he bought a house in monopoly and it was one of the ones he wanted. "I can't believe you! I called BLUE houses!"

"Oh did you?" He said giving him his famous Harry cheeky smile, "Too bad slowpoke."

"You just made war with the wrong person."

"Its just a game, babe."

"You might want to leg it before you say that twice!" He told El. She rolled her eyes as she gave Harry a house since she was banker. I didn't even bother to ask what "leg it" meant. I got up and walked to the kitchen to grab a glass of water. My turn wouldn't be for a while. A long while.

"You okay?"

I turned to see Niall and smiled while searching threw the cupboards to find where Harry kept his cups. "Fine. Just thristy. Laughing really dries out my throat."

"Second one on the right."

I followed his instructions and took a glass for me and him. He took them and filled them with ice and I took them back and filled them with water and then handed him his cup. "Are you okay?"

"Why would you ask that?"

"You followed me asking the same thing. Just wanting to know why you came after me."

"Did you like dinner?" He asked completely off topic.

"It was lovely thank you. I've never been anywhere nearly as fancy as that. It's definately something I'll remember forever. I really appreciate it."

"It was our pleasure. We really like you and Beth."

"Why?"

"Cause you guys are funny and fun to be around."

"That day you ran into me why did you guys choose to stay and hang out with us? You guys meet tons of fans everyday. I don't see you becoming friends with them."

"Becuase we don't have the time to chat with them. We got to talk to you guys because we had lunch and we enjoyed your company."

"So your saying that if we would have just met you out on the streets all we would have gotten was an autograph and a picture?"

"Probably. But you didn't. I think that's fate trying to tell you something."

"What's that?"

"That you needed to give me all of your attention." He played and I rolled my eyes and smiled at him.

"Remember: what's mine is yours; what's yours is mine."

"Are you asking for me to give you attention Jania?" He took a step towards me.

"You said all I had to do was ask." I said taking a step forward also. That was when I realized just how different two inches was. It wasn't that big but I could tell. I suddenly felt self concious. What the hell was I doing? Flirting with Niall?! The Niall! I'm just a fan, that's all I'll ever be. I can't flirt with him. That's wrong. I'm going to leave in a couple of weeks and I don't need him to think of me as the fan that he just met and forgets about in a couple of days.

I wasn't going to let that happen. Yeah its Niall, but I still don't like my feelings messed with. I'd had enough of that in the past year. And I know Niall would never do anything to hurt me. I knew that. But it'd be weird. I don't know. I wasn't going to be a summer fling. Not again. No way. No matter who.

"Then if you want all of my attention let me take you out tomorrow."

"With the boys?" I asked playing dumb.

"No. And no Beth."

"I don't know just us two alone sounds pretty suspicious if you ask me."

"Your going to make me say it aren't you?"

"Say what?" I teased.

"I'm asking you out on a date."

I gasped dramtically, "I'm sorry but I have a boyfriend!"

He scrunched up his face, "No you don't. The day we met Beth said something about the guy you liked and he has a girlfriend."

I blushed and looked at my feet but then I realized what he just said and smirked up at him, "So even back than you still we're giving me your attention?"

He blushed. "Now you owe me some attention so we're equal."

"Technically you've had my attention for the pat year and a half. You just didn't know it yet."

"I owe you time then."

"That's a lot of time to make up Mr. Horan."

"Tomorrow can be the start of it. Will you Jania Roy-Al Cepter- Tomlinson go out on a date with me?"

"Honestly? What sane person would turn you down."

He grinned and took my glass that I had finished and gave me a hug. We heard a bunch of awe's and as we pulled a part and looked to see the whole gang.

"I TOLD YOU! PAY UP BABE!" El shouted jumping on Louis's back.

"I told you Niall was her favorite!" Harry exclaimed to Zayn and Liam. "Ha! I told you, I told you!"

"Put a sock it mate." Zayn said shoving him. "I already knew. I never denied it."

"How'd you know?"

"He read a text that Lily sent me." I told Harry.

"That would explain why it said 'I Know Your Secret!'" Beth excalmed putting the peices together. "Why are you such a creeper, Zayn?"

"What? No I'm not a 'Creeper.' Weird american slang."

"Wait, you betted Lou what?" I asked Eleanor as it dawned on me that she told him to pay.

"We were just betting when Niall would ask you out. He said he'd do it probably on your birthday. I said that if we went to dinner tonight he'd do it. And I was sure I was going to win with the way you two kept talking at dinner. And you two were gone a long time so we figured something was up. And we got here right in time."

"Actually it was your turn." Danielle said and El slapped her lightly above the head.

"That too."

I laughed as I weaved by the crowd and we tried to finish our game but it got too boring so we just called it a night and so all of us girls left in one cab chatting about the fun moments the night was filled with and that is how I was asked out by the guy I thought I'd never meet.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.8K 242 45
// Don't even read this (artemis, 2018) // Love at first sight. Many say it's merely a myth. But what if they were wrong? They faced many challenge...
1.1K 19 37
This is a fanfiction about a non famous Niall Horan who meets the man of his dreams!!!! (This is a boyxboy story) Let me clarify ONE DIRECTION IS NOT...
137K 2.3K 40
When Jasmine and one of her closest friends, Kim go on vacation, they discover that they are staying in the same hotel as the famous boy band, One Di...
10K 227 75
Meeting One Direction is all Elissa has ever dreamed of, and her dreams are about to come true. When Niall falls for her, it's like a dream. But aren...