The Throne of the Four Realms...

By sharmee_m

➜11X featured ●Featured by @magic● ●Featured by @mythandlegend● ●Featured by @Ambassadors ● ●Featured by @Sec... More

MAP OF THE FOUR REALMS
CHAPTER 1 - Of a Prince and his Dragon
CHAPTER 2 - Of Unexpected Things
CHAPTER 3 - Of a Fight and a Voyage
CHAPTER 4 - Of a Cold Stranger
CHAPTER 5 - Of a Black Tower
CHAPTER 6 - Of a Thousand Questions
CHAPTER 7- Of a Lost Wand
CHAPTER 8 - Of an Invitation
CHAPTER 9 - Of a Thrilling Duel
CHAPTER 10 - Of a Royal Ball (Part I)
CHAPTER 11 - Of a Royal Ball (Part II)
CHAPTER 12 - Of a Starry Night
CHAPTER 13 - Of Fire Against Earth
CHAPTER 14 - Of a Mysterious Mark
CHAPTER 15 - Of a New Mission
CHAPTER 16 - Of a Dragon War
CHAPTER 17 - Of an Old Portrait
CHAPTER 18 - Of an Epiphany
CHAPTER 19 - Of a Visit to the Library
CHAPTER 20 - Of a High Lady and her Daughter
CHAPTER 21- Of a King and his Son
CHAPTER 22 - Of Zephyr against Oyster
CHAPTER 24 - Of a Glorious Prince
CHAPTER 25 - Of a Discovery
CHAPTER 26 - Of a Winter Palace
CHAPTER 27 - Of a Lost Heirloom
CHAPTER 28 - Of a Feud
CHAPTER 29 - Of Swords and Daggers
CHAPTER 30 - Of a Red Bird
|| DORAN ||
CHAPTER 31 - Of Training
CHAPTER 32 - Of a Fountain
CHAPTER 33 - Of Alchemy
CHAPTER 34 - Of an Awakening
CHAPTER 35 - Of Chaos
CHAPTER 36 - Of a Dungeon (Part I)
CHAPTER 37 - Of a Dungeon (Part II)
CHAPTER 38 - Of an Escape
CHAPTER 39 - Of a Chief (Part I)
CHAPTER 40 - Of a Chief (Part II)
CHAPTER 41 - Of a Forest (Part I)
CHAPTER 42 - Of a Forest (Part II)
CHAPTER 43 - Of a Dragon Ride
CHAPTER 44 - Of a Summer Palace
CHAPTER 45 - Of a Gemini Prince
|| UNA ||
CHAPTER 46 - Of Revelations
CHAPTER 47 - Of a Summer Lord
CHAPTER 48 - Of a Window
CHAPTER 49 - Of Allies and Enemies
|| DORAN ||
CHAPTER 50 - Of a Deal
CHAPTER 51 - Of a Lost King
CHAPTER 52 - Of Siblings
CHAPTER 53 - Of an Enigma
CHAPTER 54 - Of Dark Magic
|| THE THRONE ||
|| RALPH ||
|| UNA ||
|| DORAN - Part I ||
|| DORAN - Part II ||
|| DORAN - Part III ||
CHAPTER 55 - Of Two Slaves
CHAPTER 56 - Of Balance
|| ORELLA ||
CHAPTER 57 - Of a Devil
CHAPTER 58 - Of Heaven and Hell
|| NOVA ||
CHAPTER 59 - Of Reunions (Part I)
CHAPTER 60 - Of Reunions (Part II)
EPILOGUE: ALLIANCE
EPILOGUE: STARS
|| THANK YOU FROM THE AUTHOR ||

CHAPTER 23 - Of a Royal Visit

1.2K 143 756
By sharmee_m

I knew I had started getting distant from Serena. She tried to convince me to accompany her to the Winter Gala, or to visit the hills that best showcased the meteor showers, but I found myself rejecting every offer that she made. My life was full of mysteries and the horrors of my past kept jumping out at me, at every nook and corner. Her being friends with a Luesha would not end well for her. It'd be better for Serena to avoid being seen with me, now that the High Lady of House of Virgo, had her doubts.

Violette had pointed out at dinner, the other night, that I had turned thinner in recent weeks, and had forcefully made me eat one extra chicken leg. Looking around the table then, I knew what had to be done.

No one other than me, should be dragged into the pit hole of abomination that my life had become.

I repeatedly failed to muster up the courage to write a letter to Amelia. So, instead I wrote one to Uncle Barak, requesting him to always take care of Amelia. I had to make sure that she would be well looked after, just in case I never made it out of the Winter Realm. That possibility was fast turning into a recurring nightmare.

How would Amelia react to all these new happenings? What would she say when she'd find out that I am not a Vacuusha? Never was.

How would I ever tell her that I am part Earth Elemental and part something else? I knew for sure that it wasn't Air power that did my bidding, which she commanded naturally. Amelia was an Air Elemental, with a Luesha as a sister. Maybe, not even sister, I shuddered at the possibility. She was in danger.

Memories of my childhood hit me, my home, my chickens, my beautiful garden, my stupid sister. Why did I have to come to the Conquest? None of this mess would have happened if I had refused the offer of coming to the Winter Realm as a calligrapher. I cursed that fateful day in a string of colorful language.

Jaded by my thoughts, I groaned loudly. There was nothing to do, other than wait for fate to make a decision for me. I looked at the rod of my golden sundial and touched it gently. Sitting in the window, watching the dim golden haze of sunset, I sighed.

In the silence of the chamber, I let a silent tear tumble down my left cheek, the sobs stuck in my chest, afraid to be unleashed.

Taking one long shuddering breath, I mentally patted myself on the back. At least my emotions were in my control, if not my powers. I was still clumsy at the training with Una -sometimes, a sapling would shoot up and sometimes it won't. At times, I managed to disintegrate a huge boulder into a heap of tiny stones, but couldn't manage to assemble it again. My Earth power was irregular, and that fact bothered me. What if - I gulped at the thought that had arisen- What if I mistakenly unleash my other secret power?

I raised my hands and peered inside me. Would my father's blood that covertly flew in my veins, give me any answers if I asked?

I turned my gaze to the empty fireplace, situated at a far corner from my window. It didn't need to be kindled, since we had heating spinners. I decided to try my luck, with it. Focusing stiffly on the logs of wood placed neatly in the hearth, I imagined how it'd look when the fire would ignite. My head thumped loudly with pain, but nothing happened. No fire came.

Waiting for the pain to soothe, I looked around the room again, spotting a glass of water, placed on my nightstand. In a heartbeat I focused on the drops of water, trying to call them to me. My fingers trembled as I tugged on my knuckles. Nothing happened. No water came.

Suddenly I froze, as my Mark pulsed on my feet. I sat motionless for a while, waiting for it to stop hurting. Had I triggered something?

But, a soft knock on the door, jolted me out of the strangeness of my situation.

Hopping down from the window, I straightened my skirt, and tucked my hair behind my ears. My rosy bun was about to come undone, but I had no time to fix it. "Come in," I said.

The door opened to reveal a guard. His white uniform crisp and weapons stuck to his thick coat. A Spring Realm's guard.

My body burnt with fear at the sight. Why was a guard here?

"Miss Eleni?"

I stuttered, "Yes."

"The prince is waiting for you downstairs."

My face twisted with confusion.

He rephrased, "Prince Nova is waiting for you downstairs."

My eyes widened.

"What? Why?" I squealed in a high-pitched tone, surprising myself.

"I am just a messenger, miss," he said and walked off, closing the door after him.

My mouth lay open. Did I dream that? Prince Nova? Here? My irises darted from left to right. What was I supposed to do now?

I hastily rinsed my face with water in the lavatory, combed my hair neatly in an elegant braid. Having mastered the art of braiding hair, because - Amelia - it didn't take much time. Next, I searched the drawers of Serena's nightstand, looking for the petals that she always kept in handy. The Autumn Realm's product, a boxset of varied colored petals, that remained fresh for a whole year-long, was a blessing to all of womankind. I pinched a petal and a light shade of pink-colored sap oozed out. Quickly, brushing it over my cheeks and lips, I felt a tad better about visiting the prince.

With a thundering heart and mind full of terror, I flew down the narrow staircase, stopping only when I found Serena standing near the last step, holding a lantern in hand. She silently handed it to me and pointed to the working tent.

"Serena, where are the others?"

"We are in the other tent. He asked only for you so..." She trailed and walked off. I noted mentally, that this time she did not advise me to be careful. Had she given up on me already? Had I acted a little too ignorant towards her? That's what I wanted after all, right?

Accompanied with unhealthy amounts of dread bothering me, I flipped open the tent's flap, and entered in.

Prince Nova was glancing through the books and parchments open on one of the huge work-tables. His casual white tunic, making him seem even more radiant. I swallowed my fear and announced myself, sinking in a low bow, "Your Highness."

He turned to look at me, his lips twitched upwards, an eyebrow slightly raised, "I did not even hear you come, Eleni. You are very light-footed."

Why was he here? What could he possibly want? Did he know that I had witnessed his misery at the library? But he wasn't flanked by the guards.

I must have been staring at him creepily, lost in thoughts as he spoke again, "Are you feeling alright?"

I nodded.

"No more fainting today, right?"

I nodded again, blushing a little as the fact, that he remembered how we had met, dawned on me.

"The kettle is on, I see," he looked sideways to the stove, "Mind some tea?"

"Uh." I said, my body drenched with unnecessary nervousness, "Sure. Let me, Your Highness." I crossed the distance to the stove.

My body froze as I realized my folly. I did not have Air magic to turn the heat off and the Prince of the Air Element, was sure to notice.

But the fire had vanished, in an instant. The stray wisps of gentle Air magic, wafted in the air. He had done it.

I turned around to look at him, he had come closer to where I stood. His head tilted, looking straight at me. Bitter déjà vu hit me, as I recalled the last conversation that I had with Amelia, the panic in my stomach rising.

Even a dragon's roar would seem like a baby's cry, if one could hear the loud beating of the organ inside my chest. He came even closer and extended his hand to pick up the kettle. Finding two cups, besides the stove, he poured the tea into them. The golden curl of his hair dangled over his eye, shining with the light of the lantern's dim glow. My butterflies calmed down a little. Taking a huge breath, I forced myself to look calm and composed, regardless.

Thanking him as he handed me a warm cup, I followed him to sit around a small round table, facing each other. Silence ensued. Surely, he wasn't here just to drink tea with me.

Unsure of what to say, I asked, "Shall I get you anything else?"

"This is enough, thank you," he smiled his usual pleasant smile.

I watched as he sat up straighter. "Eleni, do you remember, you and your friend told me about spies in my palace?" He said looking into his cup and took a long sip.

Color and life returned to me, as I realized, why he was here. I relaxed and rested my back onto the chair, "Yes."

"I am still wondering who could have spies in my palace!" He said and let out a sigh.

Should I tell him what else I had found out? But what if he is here under King Orlon's commands? The memory of a tired and ragged looking Prince Nova from the library, danced in glowing colors in front of my eyes. Maybe he had no idea who was after him and whose soldiers tortured him?

"It's King Orlon." I blurted.

Both his eyebrows shot up and he leaned in, "Huh?"

"Yes. I recognized him, when I saw him properly in his human form."

He nodded his head again.

"Aren't you worried?" I asked in a low voice.

He didn't speak for a while, apparently unable to make up his mind about how much to tell me and how much to hide. But he said after a long moment of silence, letting out a sigh, "I am. But I have some troubles of my own, more serious than this."

"Being a Defensor is hard, I suppose," I said, giving him a tight-lipped smile.

"Being a royal, I'd say."

"Your tea is getting cold," he added in a breezy tone, and picked up my cup and placed it a little closer to the edge of the table in front of me. I placed my trembling fingers around it, letting the warmth cool me.

His gaze moved away from me, wandering about the tent, "Do you know how it feels, Eleni, to possess something and never be able to tell anyone about it?"

My eyes widened, but I didn't let my smile falter. What was he talking about?

Avoiding him, I downed my tea in a gulp, blistering my tongue a little.

Prince Nova's expectant gaze made me stutter, "I...I don't know what that feels like? Do you feel like that?"

"As a matter of fact, I do."

I waited for him to tell me more, but when he didn't, I asked emboldened, "And what is it that you possess?"

He chuckled, "As I said something that I can't tell anyone about."

I shook my head, smiling, the warmth returning in my bones.

"You are something else, Eleni," he said as he placed his arms on the table, leaning forward. The yellow specks of his eyes, making way for the glittering green ones, making my heart skipped a beat.

"Whatever do you mean, Your Highness?"

"Just you being friends with both Earth and Fire Elementals - royals at that."

I quickly closed my mouth that had opened on its own accord.

"I..."

He blinked his eyes once, in a slow movement, unaware of my thundering heart.

"Is there any other royal that you are friends with, that I don't know about?" A playful smile adorned his lips and I visibly went limp.

"No, just two." I said unable to meet his eyes, the night of the royal ball, flashing in my mind's eye.

"Is there no more place for a third?" he asked softly, a ghost of a smile, peeking from his lips.

I felt redness creep over my cheeks and ears. Blushing profusely, I answered, "There is, Your Highness."

The smile that broke on his face, suddenly reminded me of Doran's. The way he had looked at me, outside the small eatery, the way he had held my hand as I stepped into his carriage. I shook my head sternly. Why was I thinking of him right now?

Prince Nova rose up from his chair, and I followed suit.

"Do you think you can ever come over to the palace again? I want to show you something."

I blinked, confused. But the confusion gave way to excitement quickly. Who would want to refuse the Prince of the Spring Realm - soon to be King?

"I'd love to." I smiled at him.

He walked over to where I stood and held out his hand. I gulped, remembering the grooming lessons of school.

I put my excitedly-shaking hand into his open palm, and he bent low to kiss the knuckles.

It's normal, I reminded myself. Extremely normal. That's how Princes are. Do not faint, Eleni.

As his lips left a feathery kiss on my knuckles, I felt an overwhelming sensation engulf me - my toes curled and eyes fluttered.

This was the most intimate I had ever gotten with any boy, in all of my nineteen years.

Prince Nova let go off my hand and the spot where his lips had grazed, tingled with a soft energy, I had never felt before. He made his way past me and the light breeze that was flowing around us, making a swooshing sound near my ears, moved away too.

Turning back to look at me once, I felt the warmth of the prince's gaze, nuzzling me and his genuinely pleasant smile, made me grin wide.

"See you soon?" He asked. A soft breeze blew through my hair.

My grin not wavering, I answered, "Very soon, Your Highness."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.9K 943 28
With the kingdom so close to war with a neighboring country, the king of Irisanna gets increasingly desperate to form a treaty that would spare the l...
14.6K 893 39
Livia is a special human. She can see things that aren't supposed to be seen with the naked eye. A long time ago, she saved a young fae who disguis...
4.2M 251K 81
Marcie is an oddity in her village, the daughter of a widower with both village and outsider blood in her veins. She cares for her drunken father, an...
60.8K 253 5
Just a very kinky smut book of different senerios that rot my brain. 😘