Love Me.

By NeetaHalai

He is calm and composed, she's loud and bubbly, It's like they fit into each other's lives perfectly, but he... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57

Part 18

1.6K 174 25
By NeetaHalai

The conversation between Arnav and I was quite hard to process, I just stood still as I tried to process the information I had just received. Sona had to be really lucky that Arnav loved her so much, I wished I would have been lucky enough too.

I would be lying if I said it dint hurt, knowing what kind of a person Arnav was and then his honesty just made my feelings towards him stronger than they already were and it pained me to know that there was nothing I could do about it.

Alexa, please play Ek Tarfa by Darshan Raval on loop!

I looked at Sonali and Samar who were now happily married, they were really lucky to have fallen in love with each other and get married, not everyone was as lucky, I mean look at Arnav, he lost Sona and look at me, I was strongly feeling for someone who was never going to feel the same way.

Damn it! Why did feelings have to hurt this much? Also, from all the guys in the world, why did I have to fall for the one that was so complicated?

"Hello. Earth to Khushi." NK waves his hands in front of my face, I looked at him and tried to smile as everything was okay and this was the first time it felt so freaking difficult to smile!

"You okay?" He looked at me curiously.

"Yeah... yeah I'm fine." I faked a smile.

"Great. I was looking for you. I told you I had to ask you something after the wedding was done, now it's done, everyone is heading home and I think I would like to see you even after this. Do you think that's possible?" He looked at me nervously.

I stared at him in confusion, did he want to see me as a friend or go on a date or what? He had to be more specific, currently my mind wasn't working well.

"To clear the confusion that I can see on your face, I was saying, I would like to get you more, you're a really nice person and I think if you're okay with it too, I would like to... you know, take you on a date sometime or so?"

"Oh wow. I... I don't know what to say." Wow, this was something.

Here was a perfectly handsome guy, he even seemed like a nice person and he was asking me out on a date and somehow I managed to fall for the one that was never going to feel that way about me. I really wanted to say yes, I really wanted to go on dates with him and get to know him and see where this goes but right now, I had so much going on.

Everything that happened with Arnav was just making all this difficult for me right now and I dint know what to say to NK.

"I would really love that NK, but not right now. I just need time to get over some feelings, I wouldn't want to go out with you half-heartedly, so maybe when I am ready?"

"I totally understand, how about we exchange numbers and then whenever you feel you're ready you can text or call me?"

"Sure." I nodded as we both exchanged numbers, I had no idea when I was going to get over those feelings but I had to someday right? And maybe this was going to motivate me for it. Wow none of this made sense but whatever.

*****

After the wedding finally came to an end, everyone started leaving, and I got back to my work of dismantling all the work me and my workers had put into this wedding, I gathered them all around and instructed everyone on what they were supposed to do.

There was another wedding here in a week's time so we had to make sure we cleaned up by tomorrow at least so the other people could get started on their decorations, it was going to be a long day.

"Khushi." I heard Barkha's voice, I turned around and found her and Asha standing there.

"Yes?"

"We just wanted to thank you for planning such a beautiful wedding, both Samar and Sonali were so happy and their expectations were fully made. Anytime we have any weddings in our family, we're sure to hire you." Barkha said.

"Thank you, I am glad you were satisfied with my work." I smiled.

"So here's a check according to the agreement you had with the kids. We'll see you around I guess?" Barkha handed me a white envelope.

"Sure." I nodded as I took the envelope from her.

"It was nice getting to know you, we hoped we would get to know you more than that but still, everything happens for good right?" Asha smiled.

"Yes, I am glad I got to know you all too." I smiled back. They both nodded as they walked away while I looked at the slowly disappear, it was really great of Asha to try and set me up with Arnav even when she knew that he loved her daughter, she just cared for him too much.

I opened the envelope and looked at the check just to make sure everything was okay and it was, I had to bank it by tomorrow as I had so many pending payments to clear too.

By now everyone had left and the whole garden was clear, it was just me and my workers left to finish up our job.

Weddings usually left me happy, but this one had left me really sad, all these people were so amazing, they might be rich but they were all down to earth and generally really nice people and it was a shame that I might never even meet them again in my life but I guess that's life right.

What made me sadder was knowing that this might also be my last time actually meeting Arnav, who knew if we were ever going to meet again or not? Just as I thought of him, I saw him walk towards me from the entrance, it was like he left and then came back.

"Hey." He smiled faintly as he stopped in front of me.

"Hey." I replied.

"I just came back to make sure your payment and everything was sorted, Samar had told me to handle it. Did mom give you the check?"

"Yeah she did, just a few minutes ago."

"Great. So all this is finally over, strange it feels kind of sad." He giggled nervously.

"I know, it feels sad for me too." At least we felt similar about one thing. Oh Arnav, I was really going to miss you.

I just kept on staring at him, his handsome face, his perfect body, everything about him screamed perfection to me, and just looking at him broke my heart more than it already was.

"It was really nice getting to know you Khushi, I really wish things would have gone differently." He said sadly.

"I wish so too." I said.

"Anyway, hopefully we'll meet again somewhere someday." He smiled as he leaned in for a hug, I won't lie, I really needed this hug from him and I dint even know until I got it.

We both held onto each other tightly for what seemed like forever, being in his arms felt so good, I wished I could stay there forever, but I couldn't because there was no space for me. Oh the heartbreak.

He broke the hug after a few minutes and turned around immediately as he walked away, he didn't say anything, and I understood him, it was just too painful.

I called Manvi and asked her to come here and give me company and the got back to work. Manvi showed up half an hour later and soon as I saw her, I literally broke down into tears.

She dint even ask any questions, she just hugged me and stayed by my side, at least I had a friend like her in my life who was there for me even when she dint know what was wrong with me.

*****

"You sure you'll be okay sleeping alone?" Manvi asked as we walked back inside our apartment.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"And you really don't want to talk about it? You know I'm always here to listen to you right?"

"I know, I just need to be alone for now, I'll tell you everything when I feel okay, but don't worry I'm fine." I smiled faintly.

"Okay, if you need anything I'm right here." She smiled, I nodded as I walked to my room, and stood in front of the mirror staring at my reflection.

I hated that I had all these heavy clothes and jewelry and make up on, it was making me feel exhausted from all the work I did today and from everything that happened between Arnav and I. I dint even have the energy to remove it.

Manvi followed me in and made me sit on the chair in front of my dressing table, she just smiled and started removing my jewelry for me without me having to ask for it. She the grabbed a few wet wipes and even helped me remove my makeup, I just sat there like a statue while she did everything for me.

You see, this is what I mean when I say everyone needs a Manvi in their life. Boys come and go, our best friends stay forever and with her by my side, I knew this was going to hurt for a while but eventually I was going to be okay, it was just a matter of time until I was going to be fine right?

"Now just change into your Pj's and get to bed, I'll see you tomorrow morning." She smiled at me.

"Thank you, I don't know what I would have done without you." I pouted.

"Same babe, same." She smiled as she gave me a tight hug and then walked away. I changed and then closed the door and headed to bed, it was even good that I was so tired, so despite all those thoughts in my mind, I somehow managed to fall asleep with the hope that I was going to wake up tomorrow feeling okay and everything was going to be normal just like it had been before I met Arnav Raizada.

Oh Arnav, what had you done to me? I was such a happy person, and look now I was just sad and crying. I wanted to go back to being happy, life was too short to be sad. So I assured myself, I was going to wake up tomorrow, stop crying, get back to work and be happy like I had always been.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.6K 9.9K 22
A second chance at life. A second chance for her to put herself first. A second chance for him to win his love back and make his family pay dearly...
74.1K 2.7K 5
Khushi loved him with all her heart but her love was mistaken, misjudged by him. Shattered and heart broken she left everything behind. Arnav is left...
276K 13.5K 30
Regret was what Arnav was feeling for what he did to her. He wish to correct his mistake and a perfect opportunity presented itself but the question...
357K 19.6K 50
1st place in #depression ARNAV - who hates the word LOVE because of his bitter past will fall in love when he meets his SOULMATE? Will he attain the...