Death by a Thousand Cuts | Ro...

By SMcGlaggen

~~BOOK 2 of the Soffia Swan Series~~ Rosalie Hale and Soff Swan have been living a fairytale romance all summ... More

Characters
Death by a Thousand Cuts
Chapter 1: The Perfect Summer
Chapter 2: Bigamy
Chapter 3: Maggie Hussy
Chapter 4: Deep talks
Chapter 5: Inner Wounds
Chapter 6: Time has come
Chapter 7: A Crimson Birthday Party
Chapter 8: Loving An Angel
Chapter 9: Priorities
Chapter 10: Kim Lewis
Chapter 11: Night Out
Chapter 12: Charlie's Ultimatum
Chapter 13: Bella's Allucinations
Chapter 14: Beach Talk
Chapter 15: The Hopeless Flirt
Chapter 16: I Miss You
Chapter 17: Mono
Chapter 18: Wolves
Chapter 19: Memories
Chapter 20: Charlie
Chapter 21: First Times
Chapter 22: Back
Chapter 23: At the Cullen's
Chapter 24: An Overdue Conversation
Chapter 25: Leah knows
Chapter 27: Back to School
BOOK 3

Chapter 26: Free

8K 442 268
By SMcGlaggen

"So you think that Bella is going to be grounded for life?" Emmett kept trying to glance at the cards I was keeping tight against my chest to prevent this.

"Charlie said he intended to keep her grounded until he is 30" Maggie took another card from the pile and then gave a pointed look to both of us "He meant it"

"Sucks for Edward" Emmet snorted "Charlie hates him so much; he is never going to give those two his blessing"

"Blessing" I smacked my tongue as I discarded a card from my hand "For someone that claims to be so old fashion to care for a blessing, he sure likes to breaks all the rules, right now he is with my sister in her room while she is passed out, such a creep"

"He claims he is being romantic" Jasper mused, then smacked Emmett hard on the head when he tried to peek at his cards.

"I have to say that even if I do not approve of his stalker habits, Charlie did say that he could not step a foot through the door and he sneaked through the window" Maggie shrugged her shoulders.

Alice was keeping quiet all along and just kept watching that deck of cars from where we were dragging. She decided to not play, also Maggie and Emmett where whining about it being unfair since she could see the future. Jasper pointed out that it was not fair either to play with someone that could call off you bluff.

Rosalie had gone for a much needed hunt.

"Speak your mind Alice" I arched an eyebrow, she lifted her sight from the deck into mine.

"You won't like it" she bit her lip, Jasper glanced at her from the corner of her eye a subtle frown in place.

"Try me" I tilted my head, it was a dumb comeback since Alice of course knew what would my reaction be.

"Edward and Bella have a joint future, I no longer see one without the other" Alice was looking into space, probably reminiscing her vision "Bella is going to forgive him and they will be back together, with or without your blessing"

That was not a surprise, I already knew that and I do not have the gift of premonition.

I placed my hand of cards face down on the table and extended the other one palm up.

"Tell me my future" I requested with a mysterious tone.

Maggie and Emmett both snorted at each of my sides, Alice snapped open her eyes and frowned at me "I am serious"

"So am I" I took my hand back to my side "You keep talking about how Edward and Bella are meant to be, how much faith you have on that relationship, so tell me about mine"

I took a sip of the beer; Emmett had bought a year's worth of beer when he found out I liked to have an occasional drink.

"Which one?" Alice's tone was not reproachful, but I still froze at her words "I cannot see your future if you hadn't make a choice"

"That is not funny" I squinted my eyes at her.

"I am serious" she repeated "Which relationship you want to know about? The one you have with my sister or the one you have with the wolf's imprint?"

"I do not have a relationship with Kim" I rolled my eyes.

"Liar" Maggie accused me "You kissed her!"

"It was one kiss; it did not mean much" I tried to be as nonchalant as possible but truth to be told I was freaking out.

All my friends were staring at their red head sister, that kept analyzing me, for the verdict "Truth"

"Rosalie left me and she left it clear that she was never coming back" I sighed, it was unnecessary that I explained myself but still I was going to "She broke my heart and all the promises we made each other, I am not a villain for trying to survive"

The silence in the room was unsettling.

"How I did it is none of your business nor Rosalie's"

"You are right" a shiver ran down my spine the moment that I heard her voice, the clicking of her heels was echoing on the hard wood floors, I tried to ask for help from them but all were starting at everywhere but me. It was so awkward that perhaps they thought that if they stopped moving they could pretend they were not witnessing this conversation.

Rosalie finally appeared on my eye sight, my stomach was twisting and I felt like throwing up. My heart completely shattered when I saw her face.

Her eyes were glossy, the corner of her mouth was twitching and I could see her struggling to keep her posture.

"What I did was unforgivable" she closed her eyes and took a deep breath before opening again "You have every right to move on with someone else and you do not owe me or my family any explanations"

"Rose" I clumsily stood up from the table, knocking the chair over "I did not know you were listening"

"It's okay, Soff" the sad smile she sent my way was somehow more heart breaking than reassuring.

As soon as I took a step forward, Rosalie vanished.

"She is in her room" Maggie spoke softly, at my distraught state.

I turned back to the table, the rest of the Cullens were looking at me with sympathy.

"Couldn't see that one coming huh?" I turned to Alice but she was spacing out, no longer with us but in the future.

A few second later she snapped back into reality "Bella wants to have a family meeting"

"You all know what I want" that is how Bella decided to start her little speech.

After the whole scene with Rosalie; Alice had called Carlisle and Esme and informed them about the family meeting, 20 minutes later we were all gathered in the dining table, it was my first time actually sitting on it. Since I always ate at the kitchen and for obvious reasons the Cullens never used it.

Carlisle had taken the head of the table, Esme was sitting at his right hand followed by Maggie, Alice and Jasper, Emmett was sitting in front of Maggie, Rosalie and I sat next to her. Edward and Bella were standing at the end of the table.

The blonde had not utter a word to me or anyone since Esme called her down to the meeting. I had been trying to meet her gaze but she was burning holes in the table.

"I want you to have an say about this, so I thought that a vote would be something fair" Bella fiddle with thumbs. "Alice?"

"Yes!" Alice clapped "I already consider you my sister, so I would love it to be completely official"

"I vote yes" Jasper spoke up next "It would be great not having the urge to kill you every time I see you"

Yikes, I grimaced.

"Maggie?" Bella bit her lip

"I know your feelings are true, the love you have for my brother is real and since that is the case I would love to have you be part of our family" Maggie winked at my sister.

"Emmett?" Bella smiled at him.

"Hell yeah!" he laughed boomed on the room "We would have to find another way to pick a fight with those Volturi"

Maggie rolled her eyes at the antiques of her husband.

"Rosalie?" Bella's nervousness came back as she braced herself for the worse.

Rosalie next to me let out a soft sigh, when she raised her sight to look at Bella, I tried once again to meet her gaze but she was avoiding me.

"I admire you for being brave enough to save my brother" Rosalie smiled a little at Bella "But this is not the lifestyle I would've chosen for me, I would have liked for someone to vote no for me, so I am going to say No"

Bella nodded, she must have expected that kind of reaction since she was not surprised about it.

"I already consider you my daughter" Esme nodded at Bella.

My sister bit her lip as she asked for Carlisle's opinion. The leader of the coven simply stared at his son, Edward looked like he was swallowing a bitter pill.

"Why are you doing this to me?" he whimpered.

"You have chosen not to live without her" Carlisle gave my sister a nod "I have no choice; I will not lose my son"

I was so focused on Rosalie that did not pay much attention at their conversation thinking that they would resume the conversation on the details of Bella's suicide wish.

"Soff" Bella startle me "What you think?"

"You are asking me what is my opinion about you dying?" I shook my head.

"I love Edward and I want to spend my life with him" she explained me trying to convince me, almost pleading.

"Want to know my opinion?" I snarled "I think that in the last 5 days you have made nothing but put yourself and other in danger" I signaled at Alice "Taking stupid decisions at every chance you had, so my opinion is that you are in no place to make such a long term decision, let along for someone that left you like you were nothing"

My sister had a sour look on her face "I didn't expect you to understand"

"What is that supposed to mean?" I took out my inhaler, giving it a little shake before taking a hit.

"I know that you think that you are always are right and almost always you are" Bella bit her lip and ran her hand through her hair "But you don't how I feel about Edward; you can't understand it..."

"And why you think is that?" I couldn't help to ask sarcastically. Edward placed a hand on Bella's arm trying to get Bella to calm down.

"You think you know love because you had that weird relationship with Jasper but you do not have with him what I have with Edward" Bella stressed.

I gaped at her, then turned to Jasper. He was looking at me worried, possibly for all the feelings rushing through me.

Finally, laughter started to shake my body and I was letting out a full belly laugh. From the corner of my sight I could see the rest of the Cullens with small smiles on their faces.

"How can you be so stupid?" I exclaimed, Bella got taken back at my insult.

"I..." she tried to find what to say back but couldn't come up with something.

"Alice care to enlighten my brilliant sister" I rolled my eyes and flutter my hand.

"Bella" Alice started slowly with a cherish cat smile on her face "Soff is not dating Jazz, nor she trying to steal my husband"

"I do not understand" Bella kept glancing between Alice, Jasper and me, perhaps think that we were lying to her.

"You said that you were dating a vampire" Bella pointed an accusing finger at me "When we talk about mono, you said something about being out of the woods because you dated a vampire"

"I was dating a vampire" I stood up from the table, trying to glace at Rosalie but she was still not looking at me "That vampire was not Jasper, tho"

Bella looked at me warily "No, you said you were dating Jasper"

"I never said that" I shook my head no "I simply never corrected your wrong assumptions"

"Then who?" she inquired, her eyes slipping briefly to the two remaining male members of the Cullen coven.

My fists were clenching, the nails digging into my flesh "I was dating Rosalie"

There it was.

It felt like letting go of a thousand-pound jacket. My shoulders felt more relaxed and I felt that I could stand a little taller.

I told Bella, now the ball was in her court.

"What?" Bella looked so baffled. Not even when she found out about the Cullen's secret she seemed so surprised.

Her eyes fell on the blonde sitting next to me, Rosalie was no longer staring at the table but at me.

The golden orbs had a sadness to them, but there was hope.

"You are dating Rosalie" Bella gaped, I wanted to correct about the current status of the relationship but figured that now was not the time.

"We started dating when we went to Seattle for the Coldplay concert, right before everything that happened with James" I explained, watching carefully her reactions.

Would she react like Renee or like Charlie?

"You are gay"

"Yes" my answer was almost a whisper that I was not sure that Bella heard it.

My heart was beating hard against my chest, my palms sweating. As much as I wanted to pretend that I did not care whether she approved or not, it was a lie. Of course I cared.

I glanced down to Rosalie when I felt her hand grasping my wrist in support.

"Oh my God" Bella covered her mouth with her hand, she looked so horrified.

Part of me was bracing myself for the negative reaction that was coming.

"I am so sorry" she blurted.

Well, I was not expecting that.

"I should have known" she added when she saw my confusion "You hid this for me obviously thinking that I would not approve, I am also sorry that I made you feel at any moment of your life that I would love you any less for this"

"Does Renee know?" she walked around the table towards me and forced me into a tight hug, I held her with all my strength "Does Charlie?"

Bella was okay with it.

"Yes" my voice broke with tears rimming in my eyes "Renee never approved and Charlie is okay with it"

Bella held me as tears started to wet her shirt, I was still trying to hold myself together.

"I do not care that you like girls" Bella rubbed my back "You are still my annoyingly smart little sister, I haven't been the best big sister recently but I will always have your back Soffia Grace"

That was the last straw, I started to sob like a baby.

I was crying on my sister, for the first time since we came to live to Forks, because I could finally stop pretending being something I was not.

Published 07/10/2021

Hi guys! one more chapter more to go. I wanted to know what you think about a third part of this story? I have thinking about it a lot but I do not know if that is something you guys would like. Please let me know your opinon!!! 

Love, 

Mackie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 29.5K 45
"๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘š๐‘œ๐‘š๐‘’๐‘›๐‘ก ๐‘– ๐‘š๐‘’๐‘ก โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ÿ...๐‘”๐‘œ๐‘‘ ๐‘– ๐‘ค๐‘Ž๐‘  โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘‘ ๐‘œ๐‘ฃ๐‘’๐‘Ÿ โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘’๐‘™๐‘  ๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ โ„Ž๐‘’๐‘Ÿ" ๐™๐™๐™š๐™ฎ ๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ง๐™š ๐™ค๐™ฅ๐™ฅ๐™ค๐™จ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™š๐™จ ๐™ฎ๐™š๐™ฉ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ข...
40.7K 1.5K 58
Cordelia Austin is an extroverted introvert. A red headed girl with a wacky side that seemed to make her stand out. What happens when a new family mo...
98.7K 3.3K 52
"Because of you, I am no longer alone. That is the greatest gift anyone could ever give me." ----- Blythe Swan is the half-sister of Bella Swan. The...
420K 15.4K 29
"Just two girls... looking after a robotic baby. What part of that is weird?" โ˜†โ˜†โ˜† A story where two students pair up to look after a robotic baby for...